Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Angels Live Here - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Angels Live Here (958 Views)

Where Angels Thread / Da Vinci Code For Angels And Demons:who Wanna Deal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Angels Live Here by nevderek(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
"Why don't you say it out loud mum?

"Luke.."

Kara knew what was coming and wasn't ready for it, atleast not here before the whole world, the board members, his family and workers. She should try and stop him. But not Lucas, he's angry and will damn sure let the steam off his own way.

"Go ahead mum," Lucas said, and he looked into Kara's pleading eyes for a moment, if it was any other thing he would had stopped. But this is war, a silent battle that's been raging on fiercely beneath the surface since the day he introduced Kara to the family as his woman. It must end now, he'd made his mind up. So he slowly unlocked Kara's desperate grip, and edged closer to his mum, bold, daring. The room quiet as ice.

"Every other thing about you screams it, so why don't you save us both the pretense and say it the f**ck out loud mother, give your goddamned leeches something to stick their suckers into."

"Lucas, she's your mother..." Kara started but he cut her short.

"I know what she is," he said looking defiantly into his mum's face. If she felt anything she didn't show it. Lucas turned back around to Kara and continued.

"Most of my life was spent here, right here in this house. I know what my family is, we wear fancy clothes, drive luxury cars and smile like saints, but we're not and this mansion is no home, it's a jungle, a very scary one. And you'd better be on your strongest guard, cos everything here, even the tiniest most innocent looking ones are driven by an unquenchable animalistic thirst for blood." He concluded, breathing rather hard, raging.

"You're pathetic Lucas, you're weak, and it rips my heart apart to know that I raised you, a weakling." She paused a few moments, maybe to let her words sink in, she's good at getting on people's nerves.

"And Like hell you're right, I wish it wasn't your brother who died in that crash." She finished, it was barely a whisper but carried the strongest emotions. No soul moved or as much as breathed, time seemed to halt, same with life.

"Hmph, ha," Lucas grinned.
"Well done mum, you got a part of that wish granted, consider me dead to you. Kara, baby let's get the hell outta here."

"Lucas, Luke, please... I'm so sorry Mrs Sorenson, I'll talk to him, he'll listen to me, he... Kara said, it was useless but she had to say something.

"You don't seem to get it Kara, nobody here cares what you think." Lucas said and looked around the room as though disgusted by every single entity inside, Kara excluded ofcourse.

"For all they care you're the little devil who crept in from a third world to wreck their greed motivated world. They don't care about your love, hell they don't even know what that means." He paused, and looked at her tenderly, all his love conveyed through that look, he was hurting, she felt it, he knew she felt it. Such is the strength of what they shared, his family will never understand that, they weren't programmed to understand such love.

"Lucas they're your family." She was pleading. "They can't be that bad, I wish there is something I can do."

"You can't fix this baby, they will destroy you if you try. I know you wish everywhere is as pure as your heart is, but this is reality, this is the where I was raised, and Angels don't live here, they can't survive."

COMING SOON

(1) (Reply)

Scribbles From My Note Book ( A Collection Of Short Stories) / Married To Trouble / 1000 Ebook Reader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.