Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,607 members, 7,770,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams (28735 Views)

The Wedding Night Sex - Naija Romance Stories / Virgin Bride Gets Cake With A Broken Hymen For Bridal Shower [PHOTO] / My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by blanco56(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
Jen Bulik has been dreaming about her wedding day ever since she was a little girl.

But she never thought it would turn out like this.

Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer this past January, doctors have given the 35-year-old San Jose woman less than six months left to live. The news came as a shock to Bulik and her boyfriend of six years, Jeff Lang. Time has been slipping quickly out of her hands, but on Saturday, Bulik was finally able to stop and celebrate life.

Wearing a flowing pastel green wedding gown and clutching flowers in her hands, Bulik walked down the aisle with her head bared.

“I had a wig that I was going to wear,” Bulik told The News. “But then I thought about it and when I look back at these pictures I didn’t want to feel inauthentic. I wanted to be totally me.”

Bulik and Lang were planning on having a simple backyard wedding, with fold-out tables and paper plates. But when wedding planner Erica Ota heard the couple’s story, she wanted to give Bulik much more than that.

Ota was a hospital social worker before she dove into the wedding industry three years ago. The Brown University alumni decided to donate her time to this bride in honor of all the patients she had lost to cancer over the years.

With less than two weeks to plan, Ota was able to secure 65 Bay Area vendors who donated their professional services.

July 27 is prime wedding season, a time when most wedding vendors have their events booked nine months in advance. But the vendors were so touched by Bulik and Lang’s love story that some decided to hire additional staff to make sure the event went just as planned. Nearly everything at the wedding — from the gluten-free candy bar to the bridal bouquet — was offered free of charge. In total, the donations came to about $52,000.

“I’m in awe,” Bulik said. “I just feel so supported and validated for how graceful the whole process has been for me — it has come with a lot of grace.”

During the ceremony, the bridesmaids and groomsmen danced down the aisle to Blind Melon’s “No Rain” while Bulik chose to walk to Frank Sinatra’s “My Way.”

Using the bride’s wedding Pinterest board for inspiration, Ota planned a “rustic chic” wedding reception, complete with mason jars, twine and lemonade.

The bride used potted succulents as wedding favors, little plants that will continue to grow when she’s gone.

She also wore three different wigs to the reception, giving guests a surprise each time she came out.

The couple’s first dance was to Lady Gaga’s “Edge of Glory.” Listening to the lyrics — “I’m on the edge of glory, and I’m hanging on a moment of truth” — Ota said there wasn’t a dry eye in sight.
“She was glowing,” Ota told The News. “She didn’t look like somebody who was sick, who was told they have a few months to live. She was so vibrant and radiant.”

Now that the wedding is over, Bulik said she is still trying to wrap herself around the next few months. It will be tough, she says, but life can still be beautiful.

“Cancer is not easy. It takes a lot to get up in the morning sometimes,” Bulik said. “I guess what’s important is to find that source of hope within yourself and the courage to keep going forward.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/bride-months-live-wedding-dreams-article-1.1415326

10 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by titiann(f): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
Awwwwwwwwww,so swt nd touching too

2 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by daisyella: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
So touching

1 Like

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Eneze1(f): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is so touching
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by amiskurie(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
titiann: Awwwwwwwwww,so swt nd touching too
*awwww n u sweet tooooo*muahh! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Joyous86(f): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is Real True love. Men like this don't exist in this part of the world... Mod this na Frontpage material

4 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by xynerise: 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by geegirl101(f): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
cry cry cry
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by pheforusty(m): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Joyous86: This is Real True love. Men like this don't exist in this part of the world... Mod this na Frontpage material
. have u tried all d men in dis part of d world??

20 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Joyous86(f): 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
xynerise: WASTE OF MONEY!!
u say?

1 Like

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by born2boink(m): 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
This wedding na like deady body get accident yepaaa. Confusion broken bone, yepaaa.....double wahala for deady body and the owner of the deady body
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Stop thinking poor.

Nothing is too much to do for a lady who has only about 180 days to live. Nothing is more comforting to know that there are people who care about you till the very end. Nothing hurts more than knowing the exact time you are about to die.

If spending that money will make a dying woman happy, then so be it. sad

58 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by xynerise: 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
sexkillz: Stop thinking poor.

Nothing is too much to do for a lady who has only about 180 days to live. Nothing is more comforting to know that there are people who care about you till the very end. Nothing hurts more than knowing the exact time you are about to die.

You dey mad? undecided.
My opinion bro angry
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by pheforusty(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
sexkillz: Stop thinking poor.

ibo guyz b lyk nwanne GBAM!!!
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2013

I pity skydeep.

3 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
Joyous86: This is Real True love. Men like this don't exist in this part of the world... Mod this na Frontpage material
No offence, but you are a shameless hypocrite.

You called it real love, but then, you co-signed the person that called it a waste of money? Men like this don't exist in this part of the world, so women that can do it exist?

You see, the problem with people like you is that you believe because you cannot do it, no one else can. If you cannot do it, don't expect it to be done to you. And for your information, men and women like this exist in this part of the world. They are just unsung by the media.

It is well.

19 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by xynerise: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
ogugua88:

I pity skydeep.
ehem dem don come grin. E don go report me grin
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by pheforusty(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
sexkillz: No offence, but you are a shameless hypocrite.

You called it real love, but then, you co-signed the person that called it a waste of money? Men like this don't exist in this part of the world, so women that can do it exist?

You see, the problem with people like you is that you believe because you cannot do it, no one else can. If you cannot do it, don't expect it to be done to you. And for your information, men and women like this exist in this part of the world. They are just unsung by the media.

It is well.

sexskillz dnt ya tnk ur hitting below d belt there??
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Wow!
This is obviously beyond love

1 Like

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
xynerise: ehem dem don come grin. E don go report me grin

Yes na, because you're stingy. If you can't spend money for a dying wife, then I wonder how romantic you are with your living one.

A man here recently discovered that he has a terminal illness with only a few weeks to live. He got a tuxedo and his teenage daughter got a wedding dress. The two of them danced to share a father-daughter dance. That one na waste of money too? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
So na this small thing dey cause quarrel just now just now...?
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by xynerise: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
ogugua88:

Yes na, because you're stingy. If you can't spend money for a dying wife, then I wonder how romantic you are with your living one.

A man here recently discovered that he has a terminal illness with only a few weeks to live. He got a tuxedo and his teenage daughter got a wedding dress. The two of them danced to share a father-daughter dance. That one na waste of money too? undecided
To tell you the truth, I didnt read the story.
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by blanco56(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by REMMEI(m): 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2013

WE'RE TALKING HAPPINESS UR TALKING MONEY..Bleep MONEY WITH NO HAPPINESS..
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
xynerise: To tell you the truth, I didnt read the story.

Smh.
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
ogugua88:

Smh.
So how did he know money was involved?

1 Like

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Enegod(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
k..weird!
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Danhumprey: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
It's so touching. Imagine,a death sentence was passed on her,but nevertheless,she still chose to celebrate the happiest day of her life(her wedding day). I just pray a miracle occur and that she would live to enjoy her marriage. embarassed

14 Likes

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by xynerise: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
sexkillz: So how did he know money was involved?

mtchew!
Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Very touching. That's a brave man there, and I am grateful that he stays true to her till the very end.

I can do that.

1 Like

Re: Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams by freecocoa(f): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chei see love!

God bless this angel of a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady To Spend 50% Of Her Salary On Her Boyfriend / When A Man Is Giving You Mixed Signals / Single Mother Of One Rejoices After Being Proposed To By Boyfriend. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.