Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Can Someone Explain These Verses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain These Verses? (3134 Views)

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 4:25am On Aug 03, 2013
i would be pleased if a Christians explains to us these verses stated below,because Muslims don't know any prophet of God who has come with such barbaric mission not even prophet Jesus(pbuh) himself who is alleged to have said;

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law"(Matt.10:34-35),kjv

"I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law" (luke12:49-53)kjv[size=8pt][/size]

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" "luke14:26" kjv

what the Qur'an says about the mission of Jesus;

and in their footsteps we sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the law that had come before him and we bestowed on him the gospel, therein was guidance and light (Qur'an5;46)

then we sent after them our messengers,and we sent Jesus son of Mary and gave him the Injeel(Gospel), and placed compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him

according to the Qur'an prophet Jesus(pbuh)was sent as guidance and light for Israel, he came to bring peace and not kindle fire. prophet Jesus did not encourage his disciple to hate their parent but commanded them to be kind to them,and this is same to all prophets of God.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by Gboliwe: 5:30am On Aug 03, 2013
You stink! Who are the we and 'us'? Stop thinking you are of higher importance than any other. No Christian is under any obligation to give you any answer. So, take your highheadedness, arrogance and foolishness back to wherever you came from.
lilbakar: we would be pleased if a Christian explains to us these verses stated below,because Muslims don't know any prophet of God who has come with such barbaric mission not even prophet Jesus(pbuh) himself who is alleged to have said;

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law"(Matt.10:34-35),kjv

"I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law" (luke12:49-53)kjv[size=8pt][/size]

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" "luke14:26" kjv

and in their footsteps we sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the law that had come before him and we bestowed on him the gospel, therein was guidance and light (Qur'an5;46)

then we sent after them our messengers,and we sent Jesus son of Mary and gave him the Injeel(Gospel), and placed compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him

according to the Qur'an prophet Jesus(pbuh)was sent as guidance and light for Israel, he came to bring peace and not kindle fire. prophet Jesus did not encourage his disciple to hate their parent but commanded them to be kind to them,and this is same to all prophets of God.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by dlight1(m): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2013
Gboliwe: You stink! Who are the we and 'us'? Stop thinking you are of higher importance than any other. No Christian is under any obligation to give you any answer. So, take your highheadedness, arrogance and foolishness back to wherever you came from.
His question doesn't demand any form of bashing, he has asked a simple question in a less offensive way. These are printed words of the bible. @op d latter is what I av an answer to, hating ur father and mother does nt literally mean showing hate towards them but simply emphasizing loving God above them i.e letting God take the first place in our hearts and our parents shouldn't be a deterrent to pleasing God

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2013
Look around the world and tell me who believes in hatred, division, killing, fire etc...Christians or Muslims?

Christians are not stupid. We know that Jesus meant we should love God above all these things and our love for him will make us hated by people, even family.

Part of the fire and sword he was talking about is the senseless killings and violence that Muslims perpertrate against Christians on a daily basis.

Look inward...into your religion. You are making life unbearable for the whole world.

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by princesammmy: 8:09am On Aug 03, 2013
did u nt read also in the bible that a sinner cannot understand the scripures and it is only the Holy Spirit that gives interpretation?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 8:27am On Aug 03, 2013
Most of you muslims approach the bible with pride and arrogance in your hearts and that is why the scriptures are not revealed to you.
First of all,most of the expressions of Jesus in the Bible were figurative.They are not meant to be taken literarily.What He meant was that the belief in Him or lack of will cause divisions among people.When a man in a family believes and the other members do not,it can set a son against his father.This was what He meant,not physical fights.

When He told His disciples to get a sword,he didn't mean physical sword,He was talking about the persecutions and even death,they would face as a result of their belief in Him.You will see that your fellow muslims have been doing the killings of Christians like Jesus spoke about.

By the way,the Koran's account of Jesus were from his own imaginations.Jesus brought a message that was recorded ever before Muhammed was born.The Koran can only give you stories about Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
italo: Look around the world and tell me who believes in hatred, division, killing, fire etc...Christians or Muslims?
ANSWER; MAYBE YES, MUSLIMS, BUT BY NAME, NOT BY ACTIONS

Christians are not stupid. We know that Jesus meant we should love God above all these things and our love for him will make us hated by people, even family.
RESPONSE; I NEVER SAID ANYONE WAS STUPID, I ONLY ASKED FOR EXPLANATIONS

Part of the fire and sword he was talking about is the senseless killings and violence that Muslims perpertrate against Christians on a daily basis.

RESPONSE; PLEASE READ THE VERSE AGAIN AM NOT CONVINCED,AND HOW COME MUSLIMS WERE NOT KNOWN FOR BEEN TERRORISTS UNTIL THIS 21TH CENTURY?

Look inward...into your religion. You are making life unbearable for the whole world.

RESPONSE;SO WHAT DO YOU SAY OF HITLER ALONE WHO KILLED MORE THAN 6MILLION PEOPLE, MAYBE YOU WILL LIKE TO TELL ME ABOUT THOSE WHO STARTED 1ST WORLD WAR AND 2ND WORLD WAR, AND ABOUT THOSE WHO DROPPED THE WORLD'S DEADLIEST NUCLEAR WEAPONS EVER RECORDED IN HISTORY, WERE THEY MUSLIMS?
AND LASTLY BROTHER MY RELIGION ISLAM IS PERFECT BUT WE MUSLIMS ARE NOT, STOP CONFUSING IT.......

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Tell me the Quran doesnt encourage killing and I'll ask you to explain Surah 9:5 to me.

And there are more verses and references to show that the Quran and Mohammed encouraged violence.

If you want to go there...
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
italo: Tell me the Quran doesnt encourage killing and I'll ask you to explain Surah 9:5 to me.

And there are more verses and references to show that the Quran and Mohammed encouraged violence.

If you want to go there...

thank you brother.....Critics of Islam always quote this verse out of context. In order to understand the context, we need to read from verse 1 of this surah. It says that there was a peace treaty between the Muslims and the Mushriqs (pagans) of Makkah. This treaty was violated by the Mushriqs of Makkah. A period of four months was given to the Mushriqs of Makkah to make amends, Otherwise a war was to take place.
Allah had to give the permission for the muslims to fight, and defend themselves against the polytheist of maccah at that time, so that they (muslims) would not kill unjustly without a warrant.

during the war, the rules and regulations were;
*Only attacking soldiers should be targeted
*No house/property or trees should be destroyed
*Whenever the enemy seeks peace, no hesitations should be entertained, and this was explained in the next verse you quoted (Q9:6).

These were among the standing rules, and of which the violation of any would amount to selfish murder of blatant disobedience to the prophet and God.
Such verses talk more of peace and reconciliation than war, but they usually get quoted out of context.

such verses are only applicable to legal war,and anything outside this would be considered as murder, this was stated in quran5 v.32; "whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely".

We know that America was once at war with Vietnam. Suppose the President of America or the General of the American Army told the American soldiers during the war: "Wherever you find the Vietnamese, kill them".
Today if I say that the American President said, "Wherever you find Vietnamese, kill them" without giving the context, I will make him sound like a butcher. But if I quote him in context, that he said it during a war, it will sound very logical, as he was trying to boost the morale of the American soldiers during the war.

this is the same situation in q9:v5 and other verses

The worse set of people are people who in turn don’t even misquote the Quran but look at the alleged attack by some so called Muslims and conclude that Islam is an anti-peace religion,
their similitude is like that of a person who blames the car instead of a careless driver. If someone crashes in a brand new car with high tech specs, out of ignoring the rules of driving, do we blame the car or the driver?
The driver, because the car is excellent but the drivers are not, People end up crashing in Islam because they don’t stick to the rules, and put the blame on Islam instead of the non-obedient Muslim

Islam is perfect muslims aren't, an American who accepted islam years ago said; " i give thanks to God almighty for allowing me to meet Islam before meeting its people, if i had met the people before islam i would have gotten it all wrong", so lets all try to learn Islam from authentic teachers.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
thorpido: Most of you muslims approach the bible with pride and arrogance in your hearts and that is why the scriptures are not revealed to you.

[b]RESPONSE; Neither was it revealed to you, because Jesus(pbuh) and the gospel was sent only to the Jews
in matt.15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel".
and Matt.10:5-6 "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".
etc.kjv
secondly prophet Muhammad(pbuh) who is the seal of the prophethood was sent to the whole world and the bible confirms that also in john16:7-15: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment; Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you". [/b]

First of all,most of the expressions of Jesus in the Bible were figurative.They are not meant to be taken literarily. What He meant was that the belief in Him or lack of will cause divisions among people.When a man in a family believes and the other members do not,it can set a son against his father.This was what He meant,not physical fights.
When He told His disciples to get a sword,he didn't mean physical sword,He was talking about the persecutions and even death,they would face as a result of their belief in Him.You will see that your fellow muslims have been doing the killings of Christians like Jesus spoke about.

By the way,the Koran's account of Jesus were from his own imaginations.Jesus brought a message that was recorded ever before Muhammed was born.The Koran can only give you stories about Jesus.

RSPONSE; who's imagination?......that's not true at all, brother forget the so called flaws in the Qur'an in which infact their is none, the sweetness, beauty, flawlessness, wisdom, and eloquence in the Qur'an is mind blow, for an unlettered man to just cook up, infact God said in the Quran q2:23 "And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a verse the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful".

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 8:17am On Aug 11, 2013
STOP BEEN BRAIN WASHED BY THE MEDIA OR FALSE TEACHERS

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2013
Does the Quran encourage you to believe the Bible?

Yes or No.
lilbakar: STOP BEEN BRAIN WASHED BY THE MEDIA OR FALSE TEACHERS
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
italo: Does the Quran encourage you to believe the Bible?

Yes or No.

YES, BECAUSE A MUSLIM IS NOT A MUSLIM UNTIL HE BELIEVES IN JESUS (PBUH) AND HIS BOOK, IN FACT A MUSLIM IS NOT A MUSLIM UNTIL HE BELIEVES IN ALL THE PROPHETS SENT BY GOD AND THEIR MESSAGES, ALL PROPHETS WERE SENT BY GOD WITH THE SAME MESSAGE BUT TO THEIR RESPECTIVE PEOPLE, TO WORSHIPING THE ONE TRUE GOD, HIM AND HIM ALONE WITHOUT ASSOCIATING PARTNERS WITH HIM. AND THIS CAN BE FOUND IN THE BIBLE AND ALL OTHER SCRIPTURE SENT BY GOD.
"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord".Mark 12:29. "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me." Isaiah 45:5, ETC.

JESUS (PBUH) ALSO PROPHESIED THE COMING OF ANOTHER PROPHET (MUHAMMAD) AND THIS CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE BIBLE (READ ABOVE, MY REPLY TO thorpido).

WHAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THE SIMPLE FACT THAT ALL PROPHETS WERE OF THE SAME RELIGION BEACUSE THEY WERE SENT BY THE SAME GOD, THEY CANNOT BE CALLED "CHRISTIANS" BECAUSE THE WERE NOT YET FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST (ACCORDING TO THE DEFINITION OF CHRISTIAN), NOW ALL PROPHETS OF GOD WERE MUSLIMS, AND MUSLIM IS AN ARABIC WORD MEANING THE ONE WHO SUBMITS, SUBMITS HIM SELF TO THE WILL OF GOD, ALL PROPHETS WERE SUBMITTING AND OBEYING GOD.

ALL PROPHETS FELL ON THEIR FACES (THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE BODY TO THE GROUND,FOR ONE WHO CREATED IT) AND PRAYED JUST LIKE MUSLIMS DO, INCLUDING JESUS(PBUH), MATT.26:39 "And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed". (I WILL LIKE YOU TO PRACTICALISE THIS AND TELL ME WHO PRAYS LIKE THAT....MUSLIMS OR CHRISTIANS?) SIMILARLY JOSHUA5:14 "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship"
NUMBERS20:6 "And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them".

MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS NEVER HAD DIFFERENCES UNTIL THE SELF APPOINTED THIRTEENTH APOSTLE, WHO NEVER SAW, WALKED,OR TALKED TO JESUS WROTE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE MORE THAN ANY AUTHOR, WHILE JESUS DID NOT WRITE A SINGLE WORD (BECAUSE GOD GAVE HIM THE WHOLE GOSPEL AT ONCE), INVENTED THE DOCTRINE OF ORIGINAL SIN, BLOOD ATONEMENT AND DIVINE SONSHIP OF PROPHET JESUS(PBUH), WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FEW VERSES.

ALL VERSE IN PAUL'S LETTERS ARE HIS OWN WORDS AND NOT THE WORDS OF PROPHET JESUS(PBUH)

IITIMOTHY2:8 "Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my(paul)gospel"

YES, THE BIBLE HAS UNDOUBTEDLY UNDERGONE CHANGES, THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SO MANY VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE AND MADE THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE BIBLE QUESTIONABLE,

IF THE BIBLE WERE TO BE INTACT AS IT WERE REVEALED BY GOD TO JESUS (PBUH), IT WILL NATURALLY LEAD CHRISTIANS TO ISLAM,
MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN TODAY'S BIBLES TO SOME CERTAIN DEGREE, BECAUSE NOT ALL VERSES OF TODAY'S BIBLE WERE CHANGED,

THE QUR'AN HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR MORE THAN 1400YRS, QUR'AN IS SAME WHERE EVER YOU GO AROUND THE WORLD.

BROTHERS AND SISTER, YOU CAN BE MY FRIEND ON FB, IF YOU STILL HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT ISLAM,SO THAT WE CAN HAVE A MORE PLEASANT DIALOGUE, ISLAM IS A FLAWLESS RELIGION,IT IS JUST MISUNDERSTANDING AMONGST NON-MUSLIMS AND EVEN SOME MUSLIMS OF TODAY THAT ATTRIBUTE FLAWS TO IT, BUT THE PROMISE OF GOD WILL PREVAIL ONE DAY, WE HAVE NO DIFFERENCES, OUR MAJOR DIFFERENCES STARTED WITH PAUL.

JUST AS JESUS SAID IN THE BIBLE john16:7-15: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment; Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you".

SO.... DO YOU BELIEVE IN MUHAMMAD AND THE QUR'AN?

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
italo: Does the Quran encourage you to believe the Bible?

Yes or No.

NO
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
lilbakar:

YES, BECAUSE A MUSLIM IS NOT A MUSLIM UNTIL HE BELIEVES IN JESUS (PBUH) AND HIS BOOK....

Jesus Christ, yes. the bible, no.

Jesus Christ never wrote a word, he didn't ask anyone else to write and while he was around not a single word was written.

you should research the history of the bible.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by MightySparrow: 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Get a copy of Satanic Verses of Salmon Rusdie, you will find your answer there. Or let Boko Haram leader explain to you. Aslam alykum
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 1:58am On Aug 12, 2013
@ lilbakar, I dont understand you and/or Muhammad. To answer your question, I dont believe in Muhammad and the Quran because based on the reasons below, I believe he is a fraud and an impostor.

You say you believe in the Bible...

Then you say the Bible has been adulterared...

Yet you quote from the (adulterated) Bible to support your argument.

Which parts of the Bible did Muhammad encourage you to believe in...and which version?

Muhammad lived in the 6th century. Do you believe in the Bible as it was in Muhammad's day?

The Bible was written in Greek and Hebrew. Do you believe in the original Greek and Hebrew Bible?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 2:29am On Aug 12, 2013
Jonah (Yunus) 10:94, Late Meccan."If you (Muhammad) are in doubt regarding that which We have revealed to thee, ASK those who READ the book from before you..."

Which book is being talked about here?

F00028:

Jesus Christ never wrote a word, he didn't ask anyone else to write and while he was around not a single word was written.

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
italo: Jonah (Yunus) 10:94, Late Meccan."If you (Muhammad) are in doubt regarding that which We have revealed to thee, ASK those who READ the book from before you..."

Which book is being talked about here?

the "taurat" and the "injeel"
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
italo: @ lilbakar, I dont understand you and/or Muhammad. To answer your question, I dont believe in Muhammad and the Quran because based on the reasons below, I believe he is a fraud and an impostor.

You say you believe in the Bible...

Then you say the Bible has been adulterared...

Yet you quote from the (adulterated) Bible to support your argument.

Which parts of the Bible did Muhammad encourage you to believe in...and which version?

Muhammad lived in the 6th century. Do you believe in the Bible as it was in Muhammad's day?

The Bible was written in Greek and Hebrew. Do you believe in the original Greek and Hebrew Bible?

OK LET ME MAKE IT CLEARER, WE BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL THAT WAS ORIGINALLY GIVEN TO JESUS BY GOD, (AS YOU HAVE SAID IN HEBREW SCRIPTURE, IT WAS LATER REVEALED IN GREEK LANGUAGE),

YES THE BIBLE HAS UNDERGONE SOME ALTERATION TO SUPPORT THE INVENTED DOCTRINES OF PAUL, AND THOSE WERE THE MAJOR CHANGES IN THE BIBLE, AN THOSE ARE THE MAJOR THINGS MUSLIMS TOTALLY DISBELIEVE IN, AND THROUGH OUT HISTORY IT HAS GRADUALLY UNDERGONE OTHER CHANGES TO SUITE THE DESIRE OF THE CHURCH, WHILE OTHER CHANGES WERE MADE IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSLATIONS TO OTHER LANGUAGES, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL PARTS OF THE BIBLE HAS UNDERGONE ALTERATION........... AND THIS IS WHY MUSLIMS TODAY AND EVEN SOME CHRISTIANS THEMSELVES CANNOT GRADE TODAY'S BIBLE AS 100% AUTHENTIC.

SO IN SUMMARY WE BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY REVEALED IN HEBREW SCRIPTURES (BEFORE PAUL CAME WITH HIS ASSUMPTIONS)

MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN TODAY'S BIBLE TO A CERTAIN DEGREE, AS IT STILL CONTAINS SOME TRUE WORDS AND LIFE OF JESUS.

MUSLIMS TOTALLY DISAGREE, DISAPPROVE, AND DISBELIEVE WITH WHAT THE FOUNDER OF MODERN CHRISTIANITY (PAUL) HAS INVENTED INTO IN THE BIBLE

AT THE TIME OF MUHAMMAD THE GOSPEL HAS ALREADY BEEN ADULTERATED, BECAUSE GOD REVEALED A VERSE SAYING; IN QURAN4:171 "O People of the Book (CHRISTIANS)! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs".

HOPE THAT CLARIFIES YOUR QUESTIONS..........
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
F00028:

READ FULLY MY PREVIOUS RESPONDS TO ITALO,(ESPECIALLY THE 5TH PARAGRAPH DOWNWARD,ON 11TH OF AUGUST) I MADE THAT CLEAR...
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
italo: @ lilbakar, I dont understand you and/or Muhammad. To answer your question, I dont believe in Muhammad and the Quran because based on the reasons below, I believe he is a fraud and an impostor.

YOU ARE INSULTING AND ACCUSING MUHAMMAD OF WHAT YOU KNOW NOT, MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU, AS YOU OWN IT TO YOURSELF TO READ HIS LIFE, LEGACY SEE WHO HE WAS, AND THEN AFTER THAT I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND ANY WHERE IN HISTORY WHO'S LIFE AND LEGACY COMPARES TO MUHAMMAD (PBUH), AND I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL NEVER FIND IT .....

THE MOST PROFOUND BIOGRAPHERS OF THIS AGE CAME TOGETHER TO DO THE SAME THING AM CHALLENGING YOU TO DO, AND THEY CAME UP WITH WHAT THEY CALLED "THE 100 MOST PROFOUND HUMAN BEINGS IN HISTORY",(ITS A BOOK) AND THEY MADE WHAT THEY CALL A CATEGORICAL CRITERIA, THE LIST OF PEOPLE INCLUDE JESUS CHRIST (PBUH), AND WHO DO THINK THEY CHOOSE AS NUMBER 1, IT WAS MUHAMMAD(PBUH), AND THE PRINCIPLE PERSON AMONG THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THAT RESEARCH WAS MICHEAL J. HURD, WHO WAS A CHRISTIAN, SAID IN TIMES MAGAZINE THAT "BASED ON THE CATEGORICAL CRITERIA WE SET,MUHAMMAD WAS THE MOST PROFOUND, HUMAN IN HISTORY, AND AS A CHRISTIAN MY SELF, I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED JESUS, BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS AND OBJECTIVITY THERE WERE 5 CATEGORY THAT JESUS DID NOT FULFILL IN OUR CRITERIA. 1-HE WAS NOT A FATHER,MUHAMMAD WAS. 2- HE WAS NOT A HUSBAND, MUHAMMAD WAS, 3-HE WAS NOT A STATES MAN,MUHAMMAD WAS. 4-HE DID NOT LEAVE A LEGACY THAT BECAME AFTER HIM A WORLD GOVERNMENT,BUT MUHAMMAD(PBUH) DID.

MUHAMMAD IS AN EXAMPLE OF A PERFECT HUMAN SENT TO MANKIND TO TRY AND EMULATE.

GO TO GOOGLE OR WIKIPEDIA AND PUNCH THE NAME "M U H A M M A D" AND TELL ME IF HE IS A FRAUD AND AN IMPOSTER!!

THERE ARE MANY EVIDENCES TO PROVE HIS PROPHETHOOD OF MUHAMMAD EVEN FROM YOUR BIBLE, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE THE QUR'AN IS TOO ELOQUENT, TOO SUPERB, TOO GREAT, TOO FULL OF WISDOM, FOR ANY MAN,INFACT FOR AN UNLETTERED MAN TO JUST COOK UP.
God said in the Quran q2:23 "And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a verse the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful".
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by ACITYOFTRUTH: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
This sort of question has been answered by acityoftruth in one of his postings u can check by google search and viewing the post on what is the meaning of this verse Matt 10/34,but let me reinterate if u claim anything is perfect it must consist of good &bad,to show good to those that are good &froward to those froward Ps 18/25-26,Jesus is the true son of the father having combination of good &bad 4 those that will ask 4 them that explains the sword grace&truth(law)Jn 1/14,the law works wrath Rom 4/15,becos it is opened to transgression that is, it gives room to disobedience 1Timo 1/8,and as long as u work with law u will be at logger head wit one another that explains variance wit people,men love law and little did men know that they receive there death sentence wit law Rom 7/7-11,but grace in Christ make peace wit God,this grace is the true love taught by God not self assumed like many claim it is the kind that makes u to love an enemy despite his persecution Lk 6/27-30,which happens to be the true work
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2013

OBADIAH!! WHERE YOU DEY? grin
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2013
Since you chose to quote John 16,we will look critically at the words there and ask some questions.

Jesus NEVER fortold about the coming of Muhammed.None of the prophets before Him did.I have found out that muslims who quote the Bible intentionally deny scriptures in the Bible or are just ignorant of what they quote.From the words of Jesus in John 16,I will ask you these questions;

Was Muhammed sent by Jesus?
Did Muhammed come to glorify Jesus?
Did Muhammed receive his message from Jesus?

Go back and do a careful study of that chapter taking note of what Jesus said the Comforter will do.
Then if u are honest,tell me if your answers to the questions above will be yes.
Jesus did not speak about Muhammed,He spoke about the Holy Spirit.
Anyway Jesus said if they had known the One Who sent Me,they would believe,but they don't know the One Who sent Me......how then will they believe His Words?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
lilbakar:

OK LET ME MAKE IT CLEARER, WE BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL THAT WAS ORIGINALLY GIVEN TO JESUS BY GOD, (AS YOU HAVE SAID IN HEBREW SCRIPTURE, IT WAS LATER REVEALED IN GREEK LANGUAGE),

YES THE BIBLE HAS UNDERGONE SOME ALTERATION TO SUPPORT THE INVENTED DOCTRINES OF PAUL, AND THOSE WERE THE MAJOR CHANGES IN THE BIBLE, AN THOSE ARE THE MAJOR THINGS MUSLIMS TOTALLY DISBELIEVE IN, AND THROUGH OUT HISTORY IT HAS GRADUALLY UNDERGONE OTHER CHANGES TO SUITE THE DESIRE OF THE CHURCH, WHILE OTHER CHANGES WERE MADE IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSLATIONS TO OTHER LANGUAGES, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL PARTS OF THE BIBLE HAS UNDERGONE ALTERATION........... AND THIS IS WHY MUSLIMS TODAY AND EVEN SOME CHRISTIANS THEMSELVES CANNOT GRADE TODAY'S BIBLE AS 100% AUTHENTIC.

SO IN SUMMARY WE BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY REVEALED IN HEBREW SCRIPTURES (BEFORE PAUL CAME WITH HIS ASSUMPTIONS)

MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN TODAY'S BIBLE TO A CERTAIN DEGREE, AS IT STILL CONTAINS SOME TRUE WORDS AND LIFE OF JESUS.

MUSLIMS TOTALLY DISAGREE, DISAPPROVE, AND DISBELIEVE WITH WHAT THE FOUNDER OF MODERN CHRISTIANITY (PAUL) HAS INVENTED INTO IN THE BIBLE

AT THE TIME OF MUHAMMAD THE GOSPEL HAS ALREADY BEEN ADULTERATED, BECAUSE GOD REVEALED A VERSE SAYING; IN QURAN4:171 "O People of the Book (CHRISTIANS)! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs".

HOPE THAT CLARIFIES YOUR QUESTIONS..........

No!

You say the bible was adulterated by Mohammed's time. Why then did God tell Mohammed to seek clarification from the people (christians) that read the book (bible) before him?

You say the Gospels were written in Hebrew. This show how little you know of Biblical history...and that is why you say Paul is the founder of modern Christianity.

Please just give me direct answers.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
lilbakar:
YOU ARE INSULTING AND ACCUSING MUHAMMAD OF WHAT YOU KNOW NOT, MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU, AS YOU OWN IT TO YOURSELF TO READ HIS LIFE, LEGACY SEE WHO HE WAS, AND THEN AFTER THAT I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND ANY WHERE IN HISTORY WHO'S LIFE AND LEGACY COMPARES TO MUHAMMAD (PBUH), AND I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL NEVER FIND IT .....

THE MOST PROFOUND BIOGRAPHERS OF THIS AGE CAME TOGETHER TO DO THE SAME THING AM CHALLENGING YOU TO DO, AND THEY CAME UP WITH WHAT THEY CALLED "THE 100 MOST PROFOUND HUMAN BEINGS IN HISTORY",(ITS A BOOK) AND THEY MADE WHAT THEY CALL A CATEGORICAL CRITERIA, THE LIST OF PEOPLE INCLUDE JESUS CHRIST (PBUH), AND WHO DO THINK THEY CHOOSE AS NUMBER 1, IT WAS MUHAMMAD(PBUH), AND THE PRINCIPLE PERSON AMONG THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THAT RESEARCH WAS MICHEAL J. HURD, WHO WAS A CHRISTIAN, SAID IN TIMES MAGAZINE THAT "BASED ON THE CATEGORICAL CRITERIA WE SET,MUHAMMAD WAS THE MOST PROFOUND, HUMAN IN HISTORY, AND AS A CHRISTIAN MY SELF, I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED JESUS, BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS AND OBJECTIVITY THERE WERE 5 CATEGORY THAT JESUS DID NOT FULFILL IN OUR CRITERIA. 1-HE WAS NOT A FATHER,MUHAMMAD WAS. 2- HE WAS NOT A HUSBAND, MUHAMMAD WAS, 3-HE WAS NOT A STATES MAN,MUHAMMAD WAS. 4-HE DID NOT LEAVE A LEGACY THAT BECAME AFTER HIM A WORLD GOVERNMENT,BUT MUHAMMAD(PBUH) DID.

MUHAMMAD IS AN EXAMPLE OF A PERFECT HUMAN SENT TO MANKIND TO TRY AND EMULATE.

GO TO GOOGLE OR WIKIPEDIA AND PUNCH THE NAME "M U H A M M A D" AND TELL ME IF HE IS A FRAUD AND AN IMPOSTER!!

THERE ARE MANY EVIDENCES TO PROVE HIS PROPHETHOOD OF MUHAMMAD EVEN FROM YOUR BIBLE, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE THE QUR'AN IS TOO ELOQUENT, TOO SUPERB, TOO GREAT, TOO FULL OF WISDOM, FOR ANY MAN,INFACT FOR AN UNLETTERED MAN TO JUST COOK UP.
God said in the Quran q2:23 "And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a verse the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful".

To call a thief "thief" is never an insult.

I have told you why I believe Muhammad is a fraud and you havent been able to address it.

The man said God told him to believe the gospels. The gospels tell us that Jesus is God. Muhammed says he isnt. Muhammad has to be the liar because if the gospels lied, God would not have told Muhammmad to believe the gospels.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
F00028:

the "taurat" and the "injeel"

Muhammed said "the book"...

You are mentioning two books...

Who is the liar between you and him?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by Rexyl(m): 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
lilbakar: i would be pleased if a Christians explains to us these verses stated below,because Muslims don't know any prophet of God who has come with such barbaric mission not even prophet Jesus(pbuh) himself who is alleged to have said;

The Bible is a divine book written by people inspired by the Spirit of God. Because of its divine nature and inspirations contained no one can read it and understand what a message stands for in 100% except such person finds someone who knows better to explain the content. There is nothing contradictory in the messages of Jesus Christ. In some places after he had spoken at length and people could not still understand he resorted to speaking in parable, illustrating things in very simple and clear ways to erase all confusion. If you want to understand what a particular message is addressing you must read the whole chapter and even if possible read both preceeding and succeeding chapters, then you can understand to some extent. Now to your confusion in those texts. Jesus Christ has two sides. Love and mercy combined as the side of grace, the other side is judgement and fire to workers of wickedness. The grace is open to all people when they alive to accept his gospel and live by it whereas for people that are dead there is no more grace but judgement. You should know that nobody can face God‘s judgment about sins and still be righteous.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
italo:

Muhammed said "the book"...

You are mentioning two books...

Who is the liar between you and him?

your bible is a collection of 73 BOOKS yet you christians still call it A BOOK.

so who's the dumb one, you or .....you?

quit playing word games. you got a point to make, get to it.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Rexyl:

The Bible is a divine book written by people inspired by the Spirit of God...
if that is so how can 2 kings 19 and Isaiah 37 be identical word for word?

they written by different by people many many years apart. and remember according to christian teaching they were "inspired" not dictated to.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
F00028:

your bible is a collection of 73 BOOKS yet you christians still call it A BOOK.

so who's the dumb one, you or .....you?

quit playing word games. you got a point to make, get to it.

What did Muhammad mean by "the book?"

You say "taurat and injeel."

I have never heard of a book by that name. Can you show me...so that we can read from the book God was telling Muhammad about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? / Today Is Holy Mary Day(celestial Church Of Christ) / Is Drinking Palm Wine A Sin Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.