Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Can Someone Explain These Verses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain These Verses? (3133 Views)

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by Ayomivic(m): 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
lilbakar: i would be pleased if a Christians explains to us these verses stated below,because Muslims don't know any prophet of God who has come with such barbaric mission not even prophet Jesus(pbuh) himself who is alleged to have said;

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law"(Matt.10:34-35),kjv

"I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law" (luke12:49-53)kjv[size=8pt][/size]

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" "luke14:26" kjv

what the Qur'an says about the mission of Jesus;

and in their footsteps we sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the law that had come before him and we bestowed on him the gospel, therein was guidance and light (Qur'an5;46)

then we sent after them our messengers,and we sent Jesus son of Mary and gave him the Injeel(Gospel), and placed compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him

according to the Qur'an prophet Jesus(pbuh)was sent as guidance and light for Israel, he came to bring peace and not kindle fire. prophet Jesus did not encourage his disciple to hate their parent but commanded them to be kind to them,and this is same to all prophets of God.

It is you that lack understading. Why would you understand that verses when you are not led by the holy spirit.The Bible is not like Quran or any story book that you will just read and understand.

O k, in the verses you quoted, Jesus speaks in indirect words. Jesus knows that the set of people ( christians ) would emerge through his teaching that would hold the doctrine that different to that of Jew. He knows that if that happen ,father will be divided against the son and son against the father etc

let take this as instant, a christian preacher came to your area to preach and through his preaching your son convert to christianity. Had the preacher not cause division between you and son? Had he not set fire in your house ?

Hope that explaine your question ?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lincolnj88: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2013
lilbakar:

RSPONSE; who's imagination?......that's not true at all, brother forget the so called flaws in the Qur'an in which infact their is none, the sweetness, beauty, flawlessness, wisdom, and eloquence in the Qur'an is mind blow, for an unlettered man to just cook up, infact God said in the Quran q2:23 "And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a verse the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful".
d photo of dis idoit u posted , he was not able to proove osama bin laden wrong after being drawn into d contest by d terrorist to proove him wrong....
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2013
italo:

To call a thief "thief" is never an insult.

I have told you why I believe Muhammad is a fraud and you havent been able to address it.

The man said God told him to believe the gospels. The gospels tell us that Jesus is God. Muhammed says he isnt. Muhammad has to be the liar because if the gospels lied, God would not have told Muhammmad to believe the gospels.

I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU STILL CANNOT COMPREHEND THE WHOLE ISSUE HERE, GOD HAS ASKED MUHAMMAD(PBUH) TO BELIEVE NOT JUST IN THE GOSPEL BUT ALL OTHER BOOKS THAT HE HIMSELF (GOD) GAVE OR REVEALED TO OTHER PROPHETS, AS I HAVE SAID INITIALLY, GOD ACKNOWLEDGES THE GOSPEL IN ITS ORIGINALITY, THAT IS WHAT GOD IS ALSO ASKING MUHAMMAD TO BELIEVE, BUT NOT THE INVENTED MATTERS IN THE BIBLE, BROTHER YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT TODAY'S BIBLE ARE IN TOTALITY GOD'S WORDS,YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I DO FROM TRUE HISTORY THAT THE BIBLE WAS ACTUALLY REWRITTEN, IN THE PROCESS ALOT OF ADDITION AND OMITION WERE DONE, TO ENHANCE THE CLAIMS OF PAUL

AM NOT TRYING TO FORCING ANYONE TO BELIEVE IN MUHAMMAD AS A PROPHET OR ACCEPT ISLAM IT IS WRONG ISLAMICALLY QUR'AN[002:256] "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand- hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things".
BECAUSE ON THE LAST DAY EVERY NATION WILL BE RAISED BEHIND THEIR PROPHETS, BUT THE FEAR IS TO BE RAISED BEHIND YOUR PROPHET AND BE REJECTED, BECAUSE YOU BELIEVED IN WHAT THOSE BEFORE YOU HAS INVENTED. I REST MY CASE

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2013
lilbakar:

I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU STILL CANNOT COMPREHEND THE WHOLE ISSUE HERE, GOD HAS ASKED MUHAMMAD(PBUH) TO BELIEVE NOT JUST IN THE GOSPEL BUT ALL OTHER BOOKS THAT HE HIMSELF (GOD) GAVE OR REVEALED TO OTHER PROPHETS, AS I HAVE SAID INITIALLY, GOD ACKNOWLEDGES THE GOSPEL IN ITS ORIGINALITY, THAT IS WHAT GOD IS ALSO ASKING MUHAMMAD TO BELIEVE, BUT NOT THE INVENTED MATTERS IN THE BIBLE, BROTHER YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT TODAY'S BIBLE ARE IN TOTALITY GOD'S WORDS,YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I DO FROM TRUE HISTORY THAT THE BIBLE WAS ACTUALLY REWRITTEN, IN THE PROCESS ALOT OF ADDITION AND OMITION WERE DONE, TO ENHANCE THE CLAIMS OF PAUL

AM NOT TRYING TO FORCING ANYONE TO BELIEVE IN MUHAMMAD AS A PROPHET OR ACCEPT ISLAM IT IS WRONG ISLAMICALLY QUR'AN[002:256] "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand- hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things".
BECAUSE ON THE LAST DAY EVERY NATION WILL BE RAISED BEHIND THEIR PROPHETS, BUT THE FEAR IS TO BE RAISED BEHIND YOUR PROPHET AND BE REJECTED, BECAUSE YOU BELIEVED IN WHAT THOSE BEFORE YOU HAS INVENTED. I REST MY CASE

Answer the questions I asked you directly and stop filling the thread with garbage.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
I asked you questions you failed to answer.You quoted John 16 and you admit that is the true word of God by Jesus.
Jesus said He(Jesus)will send the Comforter and He will glorify Him(Jesus).Did Muhammed come to do that?If he didn't then that verse was not talking about him.You can go and show it to your imam who taught you if he has another interpretation.

The Truth is truth.I wonder why some people try to twist it.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2013
thorpido: I asked you questions you failed to answer.You quoted John 16 and you admit that is the true word of God by Jesus.
Jesus said He(Jesus)will send the Comforter and He will glorify Him(Jesus).Did Muhammed come to do that?

AT LEAST WE KNOW MUHAMMAD ACKNOWLEDGES JESUS, AND MUHAMMAD ALSO COMFIRMS THE BOOKS THAT HAD COME BEFORE HIM (THE GOSPEL IN ITS ORIGINALITY,AS IT WAS GIVEN DIRECTLY TO JESUS) AND WHEN EVER THE NAME JESUS OR ANY PROPHET WAS MENTIONED (AS YOU HAVE NOTICED IN MY WRITE UP) HE WOULD SAY "PEACE AND BLESSING BE UPON HIM (PBUH)" which is mandatory to say in islam.

If he didn't then that verse was not talking about him.You can go and show it to your imam who taught you if he has another interpretation.

The Truth is truth.I wonder why some people try to twist it.

YEAH, YOUR SO CALLED TRANSLATORS OR INTERPRETERS OF THE BIBLE TRIED TWISTING THE VERSE,SO THAT IT WONT LOOK PLAINLY TO BE REFERRING TO MUHAMMAD (pbuh),(YOU KNOW WHAT IT WOULD DO TO THEIR BUSINESS) I THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD ASK YOUR PEOPLE IN AUTHORITY, TO REDUCE THE DISTRIBUTION OF TRANSLATED BIBLE, BUT TO START TH DISTRIBUTION OF THE ORIGINAL ARAMAIC BIBLE, TO SEE THE NAME THAT WAS TRANSLATED TO THE COMFORTER), I MEAN CHRISTIANS SHOULD ALSO LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF THEIR BELOVED JESUS CHRIST (PBUH), JUST LIKE MUSLIMS EVEN NON-ARABS AROUND THE WORLD CAN READ THE LANGUAGE OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH), FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE MESSAGE.

THEIR ARE MANY VERSE CONCERNING THIS TOPIC

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE BIBLE WAS NOT ORIGINALLY REVEALED IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IF YOU DOUBT THAT VERSE, THEN PLEASE TELL ME WHO JESUS IS TALKING ABOUT.........PLEASE!

THEN SECONDLY IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN WHAT JESUS SAID THEN SEE WHAT GOD TOLD MOSES. AND THESE ARE REFERENCES FROM YOUR OWN BIBLE
"THE LORD SAID TO ME(MOSES):"WHAT THEY SAY IS GOOD. I WILL RAISE FOR THEM A PROPHET LIKE YOU FROM AMONG THEIR BROTHERS ; I WILL PUT MY WORDS IN HIS MOUTH, AND HE WILL TELL THEM EVERYTHING I COMMAND HIM. IF ANYONE DOES NOT LISTEN TO MY WORDS THAT THE PROPHET SPEAK IN MY NAME, I MY SELF WILL CALL HIM TO ACCOUNT" (DEUTERONOMY 18:17-19)

SO LETS ANALYSE THE VERSE:

*FROM AMONG THEIR THEIR BROTHERS:
THE PROPHET THAT GOD IS TALKING ABOUT CANNOT BE AN ISRAELITE PROPHET, BECAUSE THE VERSE DOES NOT SAY "FROM THEM" BUT IS SAYS FROM "AMONG THEIR BROTHERS", THE BROTHER OF THE ISRAELITE ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE ARABS WHO ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF ISHMAEL THE SON OF ABRAHAM AND THE BROTHER OF ISAAC.

*LIKE YOU:
THERE ARE MANY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN PROPHET MOSES(PBUH) AND PROPHET MUHAMMAD(PBUH):
THEIR BIRTH-BOTH NORMAL BIRTH

MARRIAGE/CHILDREN- THEY WERE BOTH MARRIED AND HAD CHILDREN.

THEIR DEATH- THEY BOTH DIED NATURALLY AND WERE BURIED

LAW- THEY BOTH BROUGHT NEW LAWS

ACCEPTANCE BY THEIR PEOPLE- THEY WERE BOTH ACCEPTED BY THEIR PEOPLE

JUST AS YOU HAVE SAID "THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH", THEIR IS NO NEED FOR TWISTING, IT ONLY REQUIRES HUMBLING OF THE HEART, AND REMOVING OF PRIDE AND ARROGANCE FROM THE HEART TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS TRUE .

QUR'AN 17:081 "And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2013
@ lilbakar,

Mohammed is a fraud and an imposter.

That is why you find yourself running from pillar to post.

Mohammed said God told him to seek clarification from Christians...

Why are you the one trying to teach us?

He said you should believe the Bible...

Why dont you believe it?

The guy was just a cheap liar jor..
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2013
lilbakar:

YEAH, YOUR SO CALLED TRANSLATORS OR INTERPRETERS OF THE BIBLE TRIED TWISTING THE VERSE,SO THAT IT WONT LOOK PLAINLY TO BE REFERRING TO MUHAMMAD (pbuh),(YOU KNOW WHAT IT WOULD DO TO THEIR BUSINESS) I THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD ASK YOUR PEOPLE IN AUTHORITY, TO REDUCE THE DISTRIBUTION OF TRANSLATED BIBLE, BUT TO START TH DISTRIBUTION OF THE ORIGINAL ARAMAIC BIBLE, TO SEE THE NAME THAT WAS TRANSLATED TO THE COMFORTER), I MEAN CHRISTIANS SHOULD ALSO LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF THEIR BELOVED JESUS CHRIST (PBUH), JUST LIKE MUSLIMS EVEN NON-ARABS AROUND THE WORLD CAN READ THE LANGUAGE OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH), FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE MESSAGE.

THEIR ARE MANY VERSE CONCERNING THIS TOPIC

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE BIBLE WAS NOT ORIGINALLY REVEALED IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IF YOU DOUBT THAT VERSE, THEN PLEASE TELL ME WHO JESUS IS TALKING ABOUT.........PLEASE!

THEN SECONDLY IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN WHAT JESUS SAID THEN SEE WHAT GOD TOLD MOSES. AND THESE ARE REFERENCES FROM YOUR OWN BIBLE
"THE LORD SAID TO ME(MOSES):"WHAT THEY SAY IS GOOD. I WILL RAISE FOR THEM A PROPHET LIKE YOU FROM AMONG THEIR BROTHERS ; I WILL PUT MY WORDS IN HIS MOUTH, AND HE WILL TELL THEM EVERYTHING I COMMAND HIM. IF ANYONE DOES NOT LISTEN TO MY WORDS THAT THE PROPHET SPEAK IN MY NAME, I MY SELF WILL CALL HIM TO ACCOUNT" (DEUTERONOMY 18:17-19)

SO LETS ANALYSE THE VERSE:

*FROM AMONG THEIR THEIR BROTHERS:
THE PROPHET THAT GOD IS TALKING ABOUT CANNOT BE AN ISRAELITE PROPHET, BECAUSE THE VERSE DOES NOT SAY "FROM THEM" BUT IS SAYS FROM "AMONG THEIR BROTHERS", THE BROTHER OF THE ISRAELITE ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE ARABS WHO ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF ISHMAEL THE SON OF ABRAHAM AND THE BROTHER OF ISAAC.

*LIKE YOU:
THERE ARE MANY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN PROPHET MOSES(PBUH) AND PROPHET MUHAMMAD(PBUH):
THEIR BIRTH-BOTH NORMAL BIRTH

MARRIAGE/CHILDREN- THEY WERE BOTH MARRIED AND HAD CHILDREN.

THEIR DEATH- THEY BOTH DIED NATURALLY AND WERE BURIED

LAW- THEY BOTH BROUGHT NEW LAWS

ACCEPTANCE BY THEIR PEOPLE- THEY WERE BOTH ACCEPTED BY THEIR PEOPLE

JUST AS YOU HAVE SAID "THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH", THEIR IS NO NEED FOR TWISTING, IT ONLY REQUIRES HUMBLING OF THE HEART, AND REMOVING OF PRIDE AND ARROGANCE FROM THE HEART TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS TRUE .

QUR'AN 17:081 "And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."
Instead of answering my questions,you keep jumping from pillar to post and using the cheapest excuse in Islam that the bible was translated by men and therefore could not be correct.Okay please provide the original for us let us see.I'm not talking about Muhammed's copy!
Those words in John 16 are in plain english and you quoted it which means you agree with it.Unfortunately for you don't understand it and expose your flaw cos u can't address the questions I raised.

The Prophet Moses spoke about referred to Jesus and he called Him a prophet because as at that time,no one had the revelation of the Christ.
If you are comparing Moses and Muhammed,you forgot to say Moses was a man and Muhammed was too.Moses had a beard and Muhammed had too.Tell me what all these comparison have to do with salvation?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
italo: @ lilbakar,

Mohammed is a fraud and an imposter.

That is why you find yourself running from pillar to post.

Mohammed said God told him to seek clarification from Christians...

Why are you the one trying to teach us?

He said you should believe the Bible...

Why dont you believe it?

The guy was just a cheap liar jor..

you and people like you owe the Prophet Muhammad (saw) an eternal debt off gratitude.

you get to take cheap shots like this and Muslims cant respond in kind about your Jesus.

must make you feel very very christian I imagine
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
@thorpido
the Prophet Muhammad (saw) never had a copy.
and what original are you on about?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
F00028: @thorpido
Very well said.
If Muhammed didn't have a copy and muslims also didn't have a copy of the original message of Jesus,then how do you prove that the message of Jesus in the bible was not the original message as muslims claim?Don't you think something is wrong?

You say this is not true,i ask you to bring the original true copy,you say you don't have it but u just know this one is not true,don't u really think there's something wrong with that?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
THE ANSWERS I HAVE PROVIDED, REQUIRES COMMON SENSE TO UNDERSTAND THEM, I DONT KNOW WHY SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE STILL ARGUING, IF I SHOULD GIVE YOU ANSWERS TO YOUR NEW QUESTIONS I WILL STILL BE REPEATING MY SELF.

SO READ THE PREVIOUS ANSWERS AV GIVEN CAREFULLY, AND OPEN YOUR MIND, AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, ALL PROPHETS FOLLOW SAME GOD, WITH ONE SAME MESSAGE BUT THROUGH DIFFERENT CHANNELS, MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY ARE THE INVENTED DOCTRINES BY PAUL, WHICH LEAD TO WHICH LEAD TO THE ALTERATION OF SOME VERSES TO SUPPORT HIS CLAIMS.

IF YOU ARE STILL NOT CONVINCED LETS MEET ON FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/lilbukar FOR MORE COMPREHENSIVE DIALOGUE.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
F00028:

you and people like you owe the Prophet Muhammad (saw) an eternal debt off gratitude.

Gratitude for lies that led to a religion that teaches that we Christians and other infidels should be killed?

Then we owe Shekau en eternal debt of gratitude too, dont we?
F00028:
you get to take cheap shots like this and Muslims cant respond in kind about your Jesus.

Muslims do much worse.

Muslims are constantly killing Christians for no reason all over the world. In Egypt, over 50 churches have been burnt. Why? Is it Christians that took over the government? No. But that is what your Mohammed teaches them to do.
F00028:
must make you feel very very christian I imagine

What is Christian supposed to call a liar?

Gimme the word.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
F00028: @thorpido

The book Mohammed said God told him to believe...which you are ashamed to mention.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
lilbakar: THE ANSWERS I HAVE PROVIDED, REQUIRES COMMON SENSE TO UNDERSTAND THEM, I DONT KNOW WHY SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE STILL ARGUING, IF I SHOULD GIVE YOU ANSWERS TO YOUR NEW QUESTIONS I WILL STILL BE REPEATING MY SELF.

SO READ THE PREVIOUS ANSWERS AV GIVEN CAREFULLY, AND OPEN YOUR MIND, AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, ALL PROPHETS FOLLOW SAME GOD, WITH ONE SAME MESSAGE BUT THROUGH DIFFERENT CHANNELS, MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY ARE THE INVENTED DOCTRINES BY PAUL, WHICH LEAD TO WHICH LEAD TO THE ALTERATION OF SOME VERSES TO SUPPORT HIS CLAIMS.

IF YOU ARE STILL NOT CONVINCED LETS MEET ON FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/lilbukar FOR MORE COMPREHENSIVE DIALOGUE.

I'm not surprised. You are just as fraudulent as your leader.

I'm not surprised. You are just as fraudulent as your leader.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
lilbakar: THE ANSWERS I HAVE PROVIDED, REQUIRES COMMON SENSE TO UNDERSTAND THEM, I DONT KNOW WHY SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE STILL ARGUING, IF I SHOULD GIVE YOU ANSWERS TO YOUR NEW QUESTIONS I WILL STILL BE REPEATING MY SELF.

Rather than give me direct answers to the questions u're going about in circles and you talk about common sense.I guess common sense now means going in circles by your definition.
It's obvious you came here to raise questions that only exposes your ignorance thereby shooting yourself in the foot.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
italo: Jonah (Yunus) 10:94, Late Meccan."If you (Muhammad) are in doubt regarding that which We have revealed to thee, ASK those who READ the book from before you..."

Which book is being talked about here?

... ITALO LET ME DIGRESS A LITTLE, WHY DID YOU SKIP THE VERSE BEFORE AND AFTER IT. INFACT THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THE VERSE,I WOULD NEVER HAVE SAW IT, SEE WHAT THE VERSE BEFORE IT SAYS; "We settled the Children of Israel in a beautiful dwelling-place, and provided for them sustenance of the best: it was after knowledge had been granted to them, that they fell into schisms. Verily Allah will judge between them as to the schisms amongst them, on the Day of Judgment". PAUL CAUSED THE SCHISM, WITH HIS INVENTED DOCTRINES,FOR GOD TO USE THE WORD "SCHISM" IT MEANS THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE IN THE CORRECT GUIDANCE OF THE ORIGINAL GOSPEL(INJEEL IN ARABIC).

THE COMPLETE VERSE; "If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt".

YOU SHOULD HAVE QUOTED IT OUT COMPLETELY IF YOU WERE TRUTHFUL TO YOUR SELF

NOW TO YOUR QUESTION, MUHAMMAD (PBUH) WAS NOT DOUBTING, BUT GOD WAS TRYING TO CHALLENGE MUHAMMAD AND HIS FOLLOWERS WHO MAY HAVE LITTLE DOUBTS. AND WE ALL KNOW IT IS NORMAL IN HUMANS TO HAVE DOUBT TO SOME EXTENT, AND IF THE FOLLOWERS WOULD EVEN DARE TO ASK, THEY WOULD ASK THOSE ON TRUE GUIDANCE OF THE GOSPEL (INJEEL) AND TORAH, BECAUSE FOR GOD TO USE THE WORD "SCHISM" IN THE VERSE BEFORE THE ONE YOU QUOTE, IT MEANS THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE IN THE CORRECT GUIDANCE OF THE ORIGINAL GOSPEL. SO THE BOOK THAT IS BEEN TALKED ABOUT SHOULD BE THE GOSPEL AND OTHER HOLY SCRIPTURES.

[b]SO BROTHER BY QUOTING THAT VERSE IT MEANS THAT YOU BELIEVE GOD ACKNOWLEDGED THE GOSPEL IN THE QUR'AN, AND GOD IS CHALLENGING THE BELIEVERS NOT TO DOUBT THE REVELATION HE GAVE TO MUHAMMAD, AND ALSO FOR THEM (MUSLIMS) TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GOD REVEALED OTHER HOLY SCRIPTURES
[/b] IS THAT NOT NATURALLY LEADING TO ISLAM?

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
Dont digress!

If you believe only John 16:7-15 in the whole bible, then you and your master are nothing but frauds.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
italo: Dont digress!

If you believe only John 16:7-15 in the whole bible, then you and your master are nothing but frauds.

ITALO AND CO... AFTER DIGRESSING I CAME BACK TO YOUR QUESTION

MIND YOU, THAT IS NOT THE ONLY VERSE WE BELIEVE, FOR INSTANCE WE IN THE VERSE WERE JESUS WAS REPORTED TO HAVE WORSHIPED GOD HOW MUSLIMS DO, AND SO ON, BUT WE DISBELIEVE IN ALL PAUL'S DOCTRINES THAT INCLUDES DIVINE SONSHIP OF JESUS,ORIGINAL SIN,BLOOD ATONEMENT,TRINITY ETC.

I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE YOU, YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO, YET YOU STILL ARGUE. AND IF I KEEP ANSWERING YOU GUYS THIS ARGUMENT WILL NOT END.

ANYWAY, THANKS TO THOSE WHO GAVE ME THE EXPLANATION I HUMBLY REQUESTED, I HOPE ALL THE CHRISTIANS HAVE SEEN HOW DISTURBING IT IS FOR MUSLIMS TO SEE PEOPLE QUOTING QUR'AN OUT OF CONTEXT, WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING, I DIDNT MISQUOTE BUT I ASKED FOR EXPLANATIONS.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by lilbakar(m): 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
BY THE WAY NOBODY HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION; WHO IS THE JESUS REFERRING TO IN JOHN16?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
lilbakar:

ITALO AND CO... AFTER DIGRESSING I CAME BACK TO YOUR QUESTION

MIND YOU, THAT IS NOT THE ONLY VERSE WE BELIEVE, FOR INSTANCE WE IN THE VERSE WERE JESUS WAS REPORTED TO HAVE WORSHIPED GOD HOW MUSLIMS DO, AND SO ON, BUT WE DISBELIEVE IN ALL PAUL'S DOCTRINES THAT INCLUDES DIVINE SONSHIP OF JESUS,ORIGINAL SIN,BLOOD ATONEMENT,TRINITY ETC.

I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE YOU, YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO, YET YOU STILL ARGUE. AND IF I KEEP ANSWERING YOU GUYS THIS ARGUMENT WILL NOT END.

ANYWAY, THANKS TO THOSE WHO GAVE ME THE EXPLANATION I HUMBLY REQUESTED, I HOPE ALL THE CHRISTIANS HAVE SEEN HOW DISTURBING IT IS FOR MUSLIMS TO SEE PEOPLE QUOTING QUR'AN OUT OF CONTEXT, WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING, I DIDNT MISQUOTE BUT I ASKED FOR EXPLANATIONS.

Thats why I say you are a fraud.

You only believe the verses that dont clearly expose Mohammed's lies.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
italo:
Gratitude for lies that led to a religion that teaches that we Christians and other infidels should be killed?
liar

italo:
Then we owe Shekau en eternal debt of gratitude too, dont we?
na you sabi dat one. wetin you owe shekau no be my concern.

italo:
What is Christian supposed to call a liar?

Gimme the word.
first, how does a christian identify a liar?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
lilbakar:
BY THE WAY NOBODY HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION; WHO IS THE JESUS REFERRING TO IN JOHN16?
Nobody has answered your question?I asked you questions concerning d scriptures u quoted and u went about telling me how Moses died and Muhammed died,you're not serious.

Cherry picking scriptures.The ones you can manipulated you accept,d others you say it was changed or it was by Paul.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2013
italo:

The book Mohammed said God told him to believe...which you are ashamed to mention.
we, like our prophet (pbuh) believe in all the previous scriptures God gave to his prophets (pbut) before him. eg:
-taurat/torah to Moses (pbuh), and
-injeel to Jesus (pbuh)
BUT those scriptures, unlike the Quran, have not been preserved in their pristine purity!

e.g if you know your bible history you know Jesus Christ never wtote down a word, never asked anyone to write down a word, and while he was around nit a single word was written down.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2013
F00028:
we, like our prophet (pbuh) believe in all the previous scriptures God gave to his prophets (pbut) before him. eg:
-injeel to Jesus (pbuh)
BUT those scriptures, unlike the Quran, have not been preserved in their pristine purity!

e.g if you know your bible history you know Jesus Christ never wtote down a word, never asked anyone to write down a word, and while he was around nit a single word was written down.
so which 'injeel'then do you accept since as you say none was written when Jesus was here on the earth.Don't you think it's unreasonable to believe what you don't even know?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 9:16am On Aug 17, 2013
thorpido: so which 'injeel'then do you accept since as you say none was written when Jesus was here on the earth.Don't you think it's unreasonable to believe what you don't even know?

by saying I believe, I mean I accept that Jesus Christ was truly sent by God, and all he actually preached to the lost sheep of the house of israel was from God (injeel). that I believe.

eg: Jesus said, "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord...(Quran 5:72)
now I know that is a valid piece of the injeel, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 9:36am On Aug 17, 2013
F00028:
-injeel to Jesus (pbuh)

The Bible at the time of Mohammed is the same we have now.

Mohammed said it was the word of God.

He didnt know how much it exposed his deceit.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by Samunique(m): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2013
Musilms believe the bible has been altered and corrupted. Well, that's pretty an insult to Allah who reffered Muhamam to it in sura 10:94. Did Allah not know that the bible has or will be corrupted? Doesn't Allah know d past and d future, then why did he ask his most holy prophet to look into the book that has/will be corrupted if he's in doubt? Hmmn! Muslims with fabrications and myths! Well, until they are able to provide the original bilble that was lost for comparism, they have no proof and shld remain silenced. Moreover, this myth is too old now, we've had enough of it, may be they shld try and fabricate another one. Pls read Deut 4:2, Rev 22 :18-19, Matt 5:17-18. Note: " Muslims can atack anything to promote Islam" therefore it is wise to shun some of their questions.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
italo:
The Bible at the time of Mohammed is the same we have now.
liar, liar, pants on fire!!!

tell ne which "bible" was available at the Prophet's (pbuh) time?
the roman catholic's with 73 BOOKS?
protestant's with 66 BOOKS?
or the ethiopian orthodox's with 81 BOOKS?

mtcheeew...this is something you tell yourselves in private not in open forum where any lay person like with access to the internet can easily expose your fraud.

italo:
Mohammed said it was the word of God...
sigh...can't a christian ever hold up his end of a religious dialogue without making false claims?

show me where the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said the "bible" was the word of God.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by F00028: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
Samunique: Musilms believe the bible has been altered and corrupted.

the roman catholic's has 73 BOOKS, protestant's has 66 BOOKS, the ethiopian orthodox's has 81BOOKS. what is one supposed to think? undecided
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by italo: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
F00028:
liar, liar, pants on fire!!!

tell ne which "bible" was available at the Prophet's (pbuh) time?
the roman catholic's with 73 BOOKS?
protestant's with 66 BOOKS?
or the ethiopian orthodox's with 81 BOOKS?
Whichever one Allah told Mohammed to believe has remained the same.

F00028:
mtcheeew...this is something you tell yourselves in private not in open forum where any lay person like with access to the internet can easily expose your fraud.

sigh...can't a christian ever hold up his end of a religious dialogue without making false claims?

show me where the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said the "bible" was the word of God.

Maybe you should ask Mohammed which book Allah told him about.

Is it "the drummer boy?"
Re: Can Someone Explain These Verses? by thorpido(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
F00028:

by saying I believe, I mean I accept that Jesus Christ was truly sent by God, and all he actually preached to the lost sheep of the house of israel was from God (injeel). that I believe.

eg: Jesus said, "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord...(Quran 5:72)
now I know that is a valid piece of the injeel, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
This scripture you quoted is from the quoran and they are the words of muhammed.You said Jesus had injeel and His words are not the one in the bible.How can you believe one is sent from God without his words?Does that not show a deep hollow in what you believe?
As Christians we believe the words of prophets before Jesus and we have their words as proof.How can Muhammed stand alone without the other prophets knowing or speaking of him?Apart from the quoran,he was not spoken of elsewhere?Isn't that strange for a prophet who claims to be the greatest?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Drinking Palm Wine A Sin Or Not? / What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? / Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.