Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,980 members, 7,803,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Health Benefits Of Coconut Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefits Of Coconut Water (33029 Views)

Wa / 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer / Breeding Genius With Coconut-water And Honey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by kglamour(m): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
One of the most valuable super foods on earth and nature’s most refreshing drinks is Coconut water. Consumed worldwide, coconut water is packed with a variety of health benefits. Coconut water is the purest liquid second only to water itself

To beat the tropical summer thirst nothing can be better than coconut water. It is a natural refreshing beverage that is excellent for electrolyte replenishment. In summers a person loses a considerable amount of water due to perspiration. Coconut water contains a good amount of electrolyte- potassium, thus it can replenish the electrolyte composition in body fluids. Coconut water is better than packed or fresh fruit juices, sodas and energy drinks as it’s not adulterated with preservatives or artificial sweeteners .So stay hydrated with coconut water this summer.

Drinking coconut water can also aid in losing weight as it is low in fat, cholesterol and chlorides. It reduces food cravings and keeps a person feeling full.

It is excellent drink for diabetics as it is good in nutrients required by diabetics to keep their sugar levels in control.

The risk of kidney stones is greatly reduced because of the presence of minerals, potassium and magnesium in coconut water. Tender coconut fluids acts as a natural diuretic because it has properties that tend to increase urine production and flow. Urologists around the world recommend that kidney stone sufferers should drink coconut water every alternate day to gradually reduce their stone size for easy elimination.

Loaded with vital nutrients, coconut water is a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, and folates. It is rich in amino acids, enzymes, dietary fiber, vitamin C and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and manganese .It is also very beneficial as it has anti viral and anti bacterial properties.

Coconut water works wonders for your skin too. Researches show that coconut water have cytokinins which are beneficial for anti aging-effects. When applied to acne, spots, wrinkles, stretch marks, cellulite and eczema it clears up the skin giving you youthful looking smoother skin. It can be used as a light moisturizer if you have oily skin. In addition to the benefits to the skin it also helps in repairing and growth of nails and smooth hair.

Coconut water has high amounts of potassium so it reduces hypertension by promoting excretion of water out of the body.

So, go ahead and indulge in this nutritious fluid and enjoy its abundant health benefits.
source: www.zeenews.india.com/news/health/healthy-eating/health-benefits-of-coconut-water_21539.html

9 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
Many ignorant and illiterate Nlanders should read and comprehend this thread very well.
I personally, drink the water up whenever I break my coconut shell, I eat the white part of the coconut with a roasted corn. What a nice combo! Who else has tried it? Testimonies please? Lol

7 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by bbjay(f): 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
all dis credit to ordinary coconut water,unbelievable!!

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by demmy55(m): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
kglamour: When applied to acne, spots,
wrinkles, stretch marks, cellulite and
eczema it clears up the skin giving you
youthful looking smoother skin. It can be
used as a light moisturizer if you have oily
skin.

Pls how do I apply it?
By using it to rinse my face directly or by mixing with lotion?

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by kglamour(m): 2:07am On Aug 04, 2013
demmy55:

Pls how do I apply it?
By using it to rinse my face directly or by mixing with lotion?

You can use it either way.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
Coconut water is nasty lipsrsealed
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Many ignorant and illiterate Nlanders should read and comprehend this thread very well.
I personally, drink the water up whenever I break my coconut shell, I eat the white part of the coconut with a roasted corn. What a nice combo! Who else has tried it? Testimonies please? Lol

I love it !! cool

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
When we were kids,
they said it made kids dull.

The elders scammed us,

they took it from us. .

****in smiggles voice***

my pwecious. ..

34 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
ha!!! they Neva allowed me n ma colleagues to drink it then o.
our elders will tell us that if we try it we are gonna be dull like junbul. grin

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by idrisolaide(m): 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
Even remembered if One Drink Coconut Water will not know BOOK! Yeah! See Story.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Bryancrox(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Notice! Notice!! Notice!!!
If yo knw yo re tired of ASUU strike dere is good news for yo,yo can na migrate 2 any private universite of ur choice with same Matric No...Just send d key word "Port" to "36555" d porting will tk 48hrs
Happy sunday

8 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Bravoosii: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Same coconut water our parents told us makes children dull. See how Africans destroy a child's mentality.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by kaelz(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Waoow..! Dis z great..
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Temismith(f): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by markovnikoff001(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Your post lost three-quarters of it's punch and appeal because you chose to start it off with a derogatory statement rather than just sticking to the plot.

22 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by ayusco85(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow. That's great. Will recommend it for ma dad, he is diabetic

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by ghettodreamz(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Just reading the thread's title something tells me the news has its origin from India. Lo, and behold the source link confirms it.

@Topic; I actually drank plenty of coconut water back then while I was in India. Its highly recommended for fever and help restores energies,I used to drink lots of it on weekly basis. And as a matter of fact, it's one of the top 10 India best-selling fruits; just take a 3-5 mins walk you will find a coconut seller from one junction to another.
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Elmgnifico(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
grin evrtin clears acne,wrinkles and eczema...onwebedi ife ifuuuu
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
One yoruba adage says Iji ki ja ko da omi inu agbon nu... smiley
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by IAMBREEZY: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
I love it
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by kingsleyMbang(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=maxwello.yg]Many ignorant and illiterate Nlanders should read and comprehend this thread very well.
I personally, drink the water up whenever I break my coconut shell, I eat the white part of the coconut with a roasted corn. What a nice combo! Who else has tried it? Testimonies please? Ths platform is to educate and nt to insult people.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by 4Play(m): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
The problem with these articles is that they failed to give a balanced view. Coconut water also poses health risks:

High in Sugar

One possible danger of drinking coconut water everyday is its high sugar content. According to the Vita Coco website, one of the well-known coconut waters on the market, an 8.5 oz serving contains 11 g of sugar, and there are two servings per container. Though this is natural sugar from the coconut, it still has an impact on blood sugar levels and insulin production. If you suffer from diabetes or low blood sugar levels, drinking coconut water everyday could have a negative impact on your health.

Diuretic Effect

Another possible danger of drinking coconut water everyday is the fact that it has a diuretic effect on the digestive system. Consistently drinking young coconut water may lead to constantly needing to visit the bathroom. While coconut water in smaller amounts is known to hydrate, since it is a diuretic, there is a small possibility that drinking it too much could cause dehydration.

May Lead to Weight Gain

Weight gain may be another side effect of drinking coconut water everyday. Coconut water basically contains water, simple carbohydrates and electrolytes. While this is certainly a step-up from other electrolyte drinks such as Gatorade, which has added coloring and other chemicals, many who consume these drinks don't necessarily need them because they are not athletes. Therefore, they aren't burning off the carbohydrates or calories that an athlete would. Drinking pure water would be a better choice.

Make Cause an Allergy

Similar to any food, over-consuming coconut water over the long term may lead to developing an allergy.You can develop an allergy to any food that you eat too often. This possibility increases if you currently have issues with digestion, as foods sitting too long in the body eventually trigger an immune response. In the future, the body sees this food as an "enemy" and reacts immediately to its ingestion. Rotating foods throughout the week is a way to keep this from happening.
Read more: http://ww.livestrong.com/article/369190-what-are-the-dangers-of-drinking-young-coconut-water-everyday/#ixzz2azvmpXYt

3 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by AGBORMAN1(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bravoosii: Same coconut water our parents told us makes children dull. See how Africans destroy a child's mentality.

I was told likewise.
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by ghettodreamz(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
4 Play: The problem with these articles is that they failed to give a balanced view. Coconut water also poses health risks:

Read more: http://ww.livestrong.com/article/369190-what-are-the-dangers-of-drinking-young-coconut-water-everyday/#ixzz2azvmpXYt

Seriously? Like?
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by mu2sa2: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
Why did we stop using coconut oil, palm oil and shea butter as emolients and replaced them with chemicals?

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
My grandma told me
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote
author=maxwello.yg]Many ignorant and illiterate Nlanders should read
and comprehend this thread very well.
I personally, drink the water up whenever I break my coconut shell, I
eat the white part of the coconut with a roasted corn. What a nice
combo! Who else has tried it? Testimonies please? Lol[/quote]

And u had to abuse people before u could summit the above? Mehn, grow up!
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Sike(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imanuelle: When we were kids,
they said it made kids dull.

The elders scammed us,

they took it from us. .

****in smiggles voice***

my pwecious. ..
You actually beat me to this. Our elders no try for this one I tell you. sad
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by ghettodreamz(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
Sike: You actually beat me to this. Our elders no try for this one I tell you. sad

Is one of the most common myth in Yoruba culture, and I really don't blame them. See, what lack of proper and western education can cause? I'd rather blame it on illiteracy and ignorance.
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by demmy55(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
kglamour:

You can use it either way.

I go dey use coconut water bath be dat. grin
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
but my great grand mother told me coconut water makes u dull. embarassed
but seriously i'm not really a fan of coconut. coconut water taste somehow to me. I prefer unripe coconut. The flesh is softer, thinner and sweeter dan a fully ripe coconut..gosh i just love it.
Re: Health Benefits Of Coconut Water by An0nimus: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Temismith: ..
second time I seen you do this today. you never tell us your plan.

@Topic They told us it makes one dum. I drank it nonetheless. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rain Soul Health Benefits And Its Cures / NIMR Offers Free Coronavirus Testing In Yaba, Lagos / What Is Cryptic Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.