Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1212905 members, 1571973 topics. Date: Thursday, 31 July 2014 at 12:17 AM

Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't (568 Views)

MASSOB On Alleged Deportation Of Igbos & Ngige, Joe Igbokwe / 'ndi-igbo Should Not Bite Thehands That Feeds Them' Joe Igbokwe / Which State Has The Most Igbo Smokers? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
Joe Igbokwe of ACN, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't depend on Lagos to survive.

Joe Igbokwe of ACN ''Kidnapping in Lagos is not 100% Igbo-driven'' as you mischievously claimed.

LAGOS DEPORTATION: 'Ndi-Igbo should not bite the
hands that feeds them' Joe Igbokwe
"My experience with Ndigbo in Lagos will take a book to
tell. Our people do not know their enemies. They do not
know thier friends either.Igbo must have the power of
creativity, the power of strategic thinking, power of
critical thinking. Igbo are about to repeat the mistakes
of the past in the South West.
If Ndigbo can attack Gov Fashola the they have done in
the past few days then l can conclude that we do not
really know who our friends are. Look at former Gov Orji
Uzo Kalu threatening to take Gov Fashola to Court
when he could not do anything when his successor
threw Igbo in Anambra, Imo , Enugu, and Ebonyi out of
Abia Civil Service. When A lady Uzoma Okere was
brutalized by a Yoruba Naval Officer did any of these
empty heads shouting from the rooftops stand up for
the young lady? Fashola did! Kidnappings in Lagos are
one hundred percent Igbo -driven and yet Gov Fashola
has not deported any of them.
Our people have been involved in armed robbery,419,
drug trafficking, vandalization of street lights cables
etc in Lagos and yet lagos accomodates them.I can cite
some tens of critical interventions Gov Fashola has
made on behalf of Ndigbo as someone inside the
system. Gov Fashola has reintegrated people with their
Kitts and kins in Oyo , Osogbo, some states in the North
without too much noise as we see today but igbo(nkem
di iche) must talk without thinking about strategic
interest and intelligent objectivity. Dead bodies have
been sent severally from a section of the Country in the
past three years to Igboland and these Cowards have
kept a criminal silence waiting for others to do the job
for them.
Igbo toy with their destiny. I suggest that real men and
women should take up the challenge of redirecting the
way Igbo think and reason." Joe Igbokwe

Source
Nigeria Live Tv
http://www.nairaland.com/1383382/ndi-igbo-should-not-bite-thehands

Joe Igbokwe, for your information, not every Igbo man on earth lives in Lagos. If anything, there are no more than 4-5 million (no hard data) Igbos in lagos and there are no less than 35-40 million Igbos on this earth. So who is being fed in lagos? Joe Igbokwe, do not play dirty politics with the integrity of 40 million Igbos based on 4 million Igbos in Lagos, 99% of whom are decent people

Joe Igbokwe, you are from a specific comunity in Igboland but live in Lagos. You should tell the world what you have contributed in developing your community so that members of your community are not amongst the Igbos involved in kidnapping and armed robbery in Lagos. You have no right to tarnish the image of Igbos who do not live in Lagos and who have no business with whatever goes on in Lagos. You have no right to tarnish the image of decent Igbos in Lagos as well.

Joe Igbokwe, if indeed you said this, then you are either a patented liar, an uninformed ignoramus, a traitor, or you are dumbly playing to your party's gallery. You are accusing Igbos of being behind all kidnappings in Lagos when even a goat knows kidnapping in Lagos is being perpetrated by peoples from all walks of life including Igbos, Yorubas, Edo, Delta, ''Calabar'', other Nigerians, and even foreigners in Lagos. The word gbomogbomo (child kidnapper) is not an Igbo word.

After falsely accusing Igbos of being behind all kidnappings in Lagos, I guess those you are working for are the ones who will vote for your party in Anambra, not the same Igbos you falsely accuse. Ngige should hold you responsible for his failure in the upcoming Anambra election.

Joe Igbokwe, do you know Gadogado? If you do, who is he? What does the police say about him? Where does he come from?
Joe Igbokwe, do you know Oyenusi, Anini and Shina Rambo? Who are they? Are they Igbos?
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by asha80(m): 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
Francis-1:
Alert" Joe Igbokwe's name is being used by Yorubas to get at Igbos
http://www.nairaland.com/1383382/ndi-igbo-should-not-bite-thehands

Anyone who knows Joe in Lagos should inform him about this development
I will find him on face book and let him know as well
how do you know he did not say those things?
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Enegod(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
following
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
asha 80: how do you know he did not say those things?

He has been informed to clear the air. If Yorubas are using his name to accuse Igbos falsely, then it is to the detriment of their party's electoral bid in Anambra. I believe Joe cannot say ''kidnapping in Lagos in 100% Igbo-driven'' because that is PATENTLY FALSE. Joe cannot talk of armed robbery in Lagos as being Igbo when the biggest and most dangerous robber who has been terrorizing Lagos and the entire SW is called gadogado, a Yoruba man.

Who else heard the news on TV? Did you?

With this type of impersonation, Ngige is finished in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by asha80(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
Francis-1:

He has been informed to clear the air. If Yorubas are using his name to accuse Igbos falsely, then it is to the detriment of their party's electoral bid in Anambra. I believe Joe cannot say ''kidnapping in Lagos in 100% Igbo-driven'' because that is PATENTLY FALSE. Joe cannot talk of armed robbery in Lagos as being Igbo when the biggest and most dangerous robber who has been terrorizing Lagos and the entire SW is called gadogado, a Yoruba man.

Who else heard the news on TV? Did you?

With this type of impersonation, Ngige is finished in Anambra.
guy you cannot be too sure.one thing i have learnt over time is that our people is that sometimes they do not think hard before making some statements.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
asha 80: guy you cannot be too sure.one thing i have learnt over time is that our people is that sometimes they do not think hard before making some statements.

Could Joe Igbokwe have been in a meeting with Fasola and Igbos and then turn around to inflame things? Hold your peace though. He has been contacted to comment on that topic.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Duru1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
asha 80: guy you cannot be too sure.one thing i have learnt over time is that our people is that sometimes they do not think hard before making some statements.

I guess it is not “our people” as you insinuated in the post but praise singers or Igbo peeps feeding off the establishments owned or controlled by Yoruba have been known to go off tangentially.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
Proving Joe Igbokwe wrong: kidnappers in Lagos come from all shades and ethnicities.

Police arrest woman over alleged abduction of five-year-old
August 1, 2013 by Comfort Oseghale 10 Comments

Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Mr. Umar Manko

Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Mr. Umar Manko
| credits:

Lagos State Police Command has arrested a woman, Basira Alabi, for abducting a five- year- old girl, identified simply as Divine.

It was learnt that Alabi, who was nabbed by the Okokomaiko Police Division, was neither a friend nor relative of Divine’s family. She was said to have abducted Divine from her school at Ijanikin during its end of session party on Friday.

A police source said Alabi and Divine had already boarded a commercial vehicle to Okokomaiko, before some co-passengers became suspicious of the woman.

The source said, “Alabi had used the end of session merriment at the girl’s school as a cover to lure the child away from the premises. They boarded a bus from Ijanikin to Okokomaiko before anyone suspected that something was amiss.

“While on the way to Okokomaiko, co-passengers were curious about the relationship between Alabi and Divine because there seemed to be no affection or familiarity between them. The passengers questioned Alabi on who Divine was and she responded that Divine was her child.

“Perhaps, frightened by the attention that was being focused on them, Divine did not respond when she was questioned about Alabi.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that when the driver could no longer stand the unease in the bus, he pulled over at Okokomaiko and asked Alabi to disembark along with Divine.

It was learnt that when Alabi got down from the bus, the passengers noticed that Divine was being pulled by Alabi because the child was reluctant to go with her.

The passengers were said to have subsequently alerted the police.

The source said, “At the station, Alabi was asked her relationship with Divine. She explained that she was the mother but when she was asked Divine’s name, she could not say anything. The police then asked Divine her name and she said it.

“Divine was asked if she knew her mother’s number and when she was given a telephone, she dialed her mother’s number. That was how the real mother was told to come and pick up her child at Okokomaiko Police Station.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that the police were still working to unravel if Alabi was working alone or had accomplices.

The Lagos State Police Commissioner, Mr. Umaru Manko, confirmed the incident. He said, “Alabi was arrested at Okokomaiko last week when passengers in the commercial bus she boarded, raised the alarm that she was abducting Divine.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/police-arrest-woman-over-alleged-abduction-of-five-year-old/
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
Police Arrest 10 Suspected Kidnappers In Lagos
Posted by: Channels Television Posted date: July 16, 2013 In: Current, Local | comment : 2 Comments and 0 Reactions

The Police Command in Lagos on Monday said it had arrested 10 persons who allegedly kidnapped a Nigerian and a Chinese after collecting N8.5 million ransom.

The Police Commissioner in the state, Umar Manko, said this in Lagos while parading the suspects and exhibits recovered from them.

Mr Manko said two of the suspects were arrested on July 3 for alleged kidnap of Kingsley Ifeanyi and Kauang Yingjun, senior employees of ZTE Nigeria Ltd, Ikoyi, Lagos.

“After the arrest of the two suspects and their confession to the Special Ant-Robbery Squad (SARS), eight others were arrested. All the suspects confessed to have collected N8.5 million ransom.

“One of the suspects, identified as Akaniyene, an employee of ZTE, who resides at the Boys’ Quarters, where the company is located, confessed to have given information that led to the kidnap of Yingjun. He claimed he was given N700, 000 from the ransom collected. During a search at the residence of the suspects, two locally made double-barrel pistols and 18 cartridges were recovered.

“The hideout they used for keeping kidnapped victims at Epe has been identified and searched,’’ Mr Manko said.

One of the suspects identified as Taiwo, 33, claimed he was a driver responsible for hiring vehicles for ZTE Company. He said that the gang decided to kidnap the victims due to alleged maltreatment meted to Nigerians in the company.

“The way they were maltreating the black in the company was bad. They sacked an old man of about 70 years after working for about six years with them. They did not pay him any money until we protested, then, they gave him N15, 000.

“I discussed the issue with one of the suspects who told me that they have been thinking of what to do. We decided that we would kidnap the victims and beat them up.

“One of the suspects suggested that we should kidnap to get money. We agreed on the money; we collected N8.5 million and my share was N1.5 million,’’ he said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/07/16/police-arrest-10-suspected-kidnappers-in-lagos/
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by plaindealer: 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
Why are you people fanning the flame wey you no go fit contain when the tin eventually blow up?

You people have serious issues I swear and I'm not even joking..
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
‘My share from the kidnapping was N1.2m’
Monday, 15 July 2013 19:34 By Odita Sunday News - Metro
E-mail Print
User Rating: / 3
PoorBest
KIDNAPPERS-METRO

• Police arrest witch doctor, others for abducting Chinese expatriate

THE fight against kidnapping and other violent crimes by police in Lagos is still raging with the arrest of a 10-man kidnapping gang that kidnapped a Chinese and another Nigerian in Osborne Estate, Ikoyi and demanded for N20 million ransom for their release.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Abubakar Umar Manko, yesterday paraded the 10-man gang suspects, made up of mainly young people, following their arrest by the Special Anti- Robbery Squad (SARS).

They were arrested with two locally made double-barrel pistols and 18 live cartridges .

According to Manko, “On July 3, 2013, one Adedeji Taiwo and Jimoh Olalere were arrested at Elemoro area in connection with the kidnap of one Kingsley Ifeanyi. After their confession to SARS, the arrested duo were used by SARS operatives, led by Superintendent of Police, Abba Kyari, to stage and arrest the remaining eight members of the gang. All suspects confessed to the kidnapping of Mr. Ifeanyi and one Mr. Kuang Vingjun, a Chinese staff of ZTE Nigeria Limited of No 20 Udi Street, Osborne Estate, Ikoyi where they collected N8.5million.”

His junior colleague, Ufot Akaniyene who lives in the boys’ quarters of his boss, Vinjun, gave the Chinese ZTE staff away.

He confessed to have given information that led to the kidnap of his boss. His share in the whole deal according to him was N700, 000.

The gang’s armourer, one Michael Sunday told The Guardian that he procured the arms they used for their illicit business from Cotonou in Benin Republic for N40, 000.

“The person who even sold the gun to me in Benin Republic has not been paid. We planned paying him at the end of this operation. The first gun he gave me was not working but I have to return it. My mother is from Benin Republic while my father is from Ogun State. At the border in Seme, we usually put the gun in nylon bag to avoid suspicion from Police and Customs. I will not lie to you; I am part of the main kidnapping operation. I was angry with them when they gave me a poor share of the proceed since I was the one who procured the guns.”

One Rotimi Shogbede told newsmen that he was recently introduced into the gang.

“I was introduced into this gang by my friend, Ope Dada, I have never met any of them before. I did the job with them anyway, we kept the Chinese for many days and we were giving him different kinds of food to ensure he stays alive. I shared N800, 000 from the job,” Shogbede said.

The witch doctor, one Jagbojagbo Adeyinka, said he introduced them into the Ogun cult so that they could be carrying out their kidnapping unhurt.

“I am a native doctor in Epe, I am 38years old. Taiwo and Chigozie have lived in our house before. They came to me and said I should do charm for them so that their market would sell. I asked them to start worshipping Ogun, the god of iron in my shrine. They promised to reward me if the god of iron works for them. They brought N200, 000 to me once to thank me. I asked what the big money was for; they said it was for appreciation.”

“It was later I discovered that they were into kidnapping, so I joined them. They even wanted to keep the Chinese suspect in my house, but there was no power supply in my place that was why,” the suspect said.

The kingpin, Chigozie, said he got the highest share from the crime.

According to him: “The staff of the Chinese man came and told me about the man. We went into Osborne and picked the man. We warned him to cooperate with us or face his death. We took him to the native doctor’s house at Epe, but there were issues with the power supply. We demanded for N20, 000,000million but they paid us N8.3million. I got N1.2million from the deal because we were 14 that planned the job.”

Manko said the suspects would soon be charged to court for prosecution.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/news-metro/127166-my-share-from-the-kidnapping-was-n12m
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by asha80(m): 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
francis posting all those stories does not mean he did not make those statements.off course not all kidnappings are done by igbos.so allow him debunk those supposed statements credited to him.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
asha 80: francis posting all those stories does not mean he did not make those statements.off course not all kidnappings are done by igbos.so allow him debunk those supposed statements credited to him.

Surprisingly, he did make the statements. Just confirmed it. I have revised my post and the title.

Joe Igbokwee has single-handedly killed Ngige in Anambra.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lagos Police Arrested a Man for Kidnapping a Student, Distributing Her Unclad Photos on Internet
June 26, 2013 9:25 pm0 commentsViews: 7

A man who kidnapped and stripped Unclad a 22-year-old female undergraduate student of the University of Lagos State, Akoka, for refusing to date him has been arrested by operatives at the Lagos State Police command.

The suspect, identified as Babajide Bashorun, 22, a dog breeder, also allegedly Molested the student and took snaps shot of her Unclothedness.

It was gathered that few days after the incident, the pictures were all over the internet.

The pictures allegedly had the girl’s name and surname, her university, age and department.

The Nation learnt that the victim did not know of the internet post until other students on campus who saw it started telling her of her Unclad pictures which they saw on the internet.

Sources said some of her relations abroad saw the pictures and called her parents, who were unhappy about the incident.

The matter was reported at Adeniji Adele Police Station from where operatives moved in and arrested Bashorun.

Detectives are also hunting for two other students of the institution, identified as Aje Mayowa and Babajide Ademuyiwa, both 400 level students in the department of Architecture, for their involvement in the crime.

Our correspondent gathered that during interrogation Bashorun said after he took the snap shots of the girl, sent them to Mayowa, who in turn forwarded it to Ademuyiwa.

He said the latter (Ademuyiwa) was responsible for the pictures’ distribution on the internet.

Please be careful the kind of friend you go out with in your campus. we at CAMPUSWAKA want to be celebrating your success not people taking advantage of you. BE WISE!!

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by asha80(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
Francis-1:

Surprisingly, he did make the statements. Just confirmed it. I have revised my post and the title.

Joe Igbokwee has single-handedly killed Ngige in Anambra.
have you seen why i posted what i earlier posted?well i guess thinking before talking is not part of igbokwe's dictionary.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2013
Husband and Wife Arrested for Kidnapping in Lagos

When the management of Blueprint Business Technology, an ICT solution company, secured the service of Victor Sunday as an automobile engineer some years back, it didn’t occur to them that he was up to something more sinister than they could ever imagine.

The 34-year-old man, in connivance with his wife, Eno, and a friend, Idom Essong, staged and kidnapped one of the company’s directors simply identified as Adebayo, squeezing a ransom of N36 million from his family.

The money which was shared between Sunday, his wife and others that took part in the operation, afforded him two automobiles, a jeep and a bus, while part of it was spent on a building project. While this was going on, Sunday didn’t quit working for the ICT company, he held on to his position, going about his duties as if nothing happened.

But some of his colleagues at the office who noticed a sudden change, an expensive life style got suspicious, and alerted the management who brought in the police from the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, and they arrested him and his wife.

Crime Guard gathered that during interrogation, Sunday confessed to taking part in the kidnap of his boss. He told his interrogators that he was the gang’s contact man in the company and that he supplied them with all the information they needed in carrying out the operation. A police source at SARS who took part in the investigation intimated Crime Guard that Sunday also disclosed the names of all other suspects who took part in the kidnapping including his friend, Essong.

“After their arrest, we charged the case to court and Sunday and his wife were remanded in prison custody. The case was referred to the Department of Public Prosecution, DPP, for advice. But while we were waiting for the DPP’s advice, we got information that Sunday and his wife were granted bail by a State High Court without our knowledge.

The court didn’t serve us any notice to appear before it during the bail hearing in order to conform to the due process of law. We couldn’t do any thing because the bail was from a competent court that has jurisdiction over such case,” the source lamented.

However, Crime Guard learnt that few days after they regained their freedom, Sunday and his wife parked out of their Oremeji, Oshodi residence and moved to Matogun road, Lambe, Ogun State, where they ventured into full time kidnapping using their new apartment as a hideout.

Meanwhile, a prison inmate with Sunday at the Ikoyi Prison where he was remanded assisted him in forming a new gang. The inmate identified as Emma gave him the phone number of one Joseph who provided him with a gun and he also recruited two persons identified as Chief and Daniel.

The new gang went on a search for victims, and they stormed Ago-Okota area in Lagos State where they kidnapped a man they saw with a flashy car in front of a gate. They took the man to their hideout, chained him and contacted his relatives demanding a ransom of N50million, but they ran out of luck as the middle-aged man managed to remove the chains from his legs and escaped from the hideout. Sensing trouble, Sunday, his wife and other members of the gang took to their heels because they expected that policemen will storm their residence.

A police source at the state Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja, who took part in the manhunt for the suspects also told Crime Guard that; “Shortly after their victim was kidnapped, the family contacted the police who kept tab on the kidnappers. Luckily, he was able to untie the leg chain and escaped. We then kept tab on the house but we did not move in. Hoping that the police or the family was not ready to pursue the case, the suspect returned to their hideout and we arrested them.”

When Crime Guard interviewed the suspects, Sunday and his wife, they said they secured their bail after paying N500,000 to a lawyer who contacted them at the prison. They also said they went back to kidnapping because they could not find a good job to secure a living and all efforts to progress in life failed.

In his words; “ I am a mechanic and for years, I have struggled to make progress. Last year, my friend, Idom Essong visited my office and suggested that I should help him select anyone that can be kidnapped in my office. He told me that it was one easiest thing to do, and I agreed and pointed at one of the senior managers who I knew can afford to pay a huge ransom. I gave them all the details they needed to execute the plan.

“They collected N36million from the family and gave me N1million as my share of the deal. I quickly bought a bus and a jeep. I continued working in that office until the day police came and arrested me.I don’t know how they got the information. I was arrested by Federal SARS and later, charged to court with my wife as my accomplice. I was remanded in Ikoyi for 8 months before I was released.”

Narrating how he was released, Sunday said he was introduced to a lawyer whom he identified as Ajanaku. “I paid him N500,000 and he filed a motion for bail and I was granted bail. He asked me to go home as he would call me if there is any need to come to court. Till date, he has not called me.

Shortly after my release, I decided to relocate to a new place since the whole world knew that I was arrested for kidnapping. I relocated to 42, Matoku Lambee in Ogun state . It became difficult for me to make a living so, I decided to start a family business since we have a house. I called a friend that I met in the prison, Emma who had contact on where to get arms. He linked me up to one Joseph who promised to get a gun on the condition that he would be involved in the deal. I later contacted my friends called Chief and Daniel.

“Three weeks ago, we arranged to lurk around Okota . Luckily, at about 10pm, we saw a man in a flashy car driving home. We immediately followed him and as soon as he drove in, we went after him and over powered him. Still with his car, we drove to my apartment at Ogun State. To ensure that he does not recognize where he was, we blindfolded him.

At home, we chained him in one of the rooms and contacted his family. We demanded for N50million. We went to bed and was shocked to find the room empty in the morning. We immediately ran away because it was obvious that police would soon storm the area. Two weeks later when I discovered that no one had come to raid the house, I came back with my wife to pick my things and the police arrested us.

The wife Eno,25, speaks
Eno said life had been hard ever since they got married. One day her husband came back and told her of his plan and she vehemently kicked against it. “He convinced me that it would be safe, so as a loving wife, I gave him my blessing. Luckily, at the end of everything, he was paid N1m and he gave some to me to start a shop.

He continued his job till one day police arrested us. They said I was an accomplice. Luckily, 8 months later, we were granted bail. He still went back to the same business and convinced me that it was now a family business. As a loving wife I could not stop my husband. On the day of the kidnap, I warned him severally. When I discovered that they were asleep, I opened the door and went back. I did that because I wanted to help the man escape from that place. I thank God that he did,” she stated.
You might also like:
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by asha80(m): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2013
and francis posting all those things here does not change anything....igbokwe might not be interested in nairaland news.if you want to change or counter his opninion paste it on his facebook wall.you have to be strategic.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lebanese man arrested for kidnapping in Lagos
Penulis : hiero Wolvis on Friday, 24 May 2013 | 20:21

A 23 year old Lebanese man has been arrested by police in Lagos for kidnapping his 61 year old aunt, Alhaja Essa Dannawi. Mohammed Dannawi (pictured above) conspired with a former employee of his aunt, Obi Kwentua, (pictured above) to kidnap the woman on May 2nd at her home in Ebute Meta, Lagos.

Mohammed, who later confessed to the crime, told police during interrogation that he didn't kidnap his aunt because of money but to punish her because she offended him and his wife. He said:

“My aunty did something very bad to my wife and I and so I decided to punish her. I met with Obi (Kwentua) and told him that I wanted my aunty kidnapped. I gave him the spare key to her house and he in turn hired some boys to do the work. On the day of the operation, I left the house and five guys stormed the place and took my aunty away. The plan was not to demand money from her, it was just punishment.”
Punish your own relation by kidnapping her? Wow! Continue reading...

After the kidnapping, the kidnappers demanded N100m ransom from the woman's family but later agreed to collect N4m. It was during negotiations with the kidnappers that Mohammed confessed to being behind the kidnap and with his co-operation the police were able to arrest one of the suspects, Obi Kwentua when he came to collect the N4million ransom from relatives of the victim at Rita Lori Hotel in Surulere.

Essa Dannawi was later released while Mohammed and Kwentua were arrested.

http://www.todaysnigeria.com/2013/05/lebanese-man-arrested-for-kidnapping-in.html
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by cKaiser: 7:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
It doesnt have to be 100%

Everyone knows kidnapping, drug trafficking and selling fake drugs is the idea of business for some ppl
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
Child kidnapper who specialised in kidnapping children for money making rituals, arrested in Lagos
23/01/2013 03:28:00 // Latest Addition | Child kidnapper who specialised in kidnapping children for money making rituals, arrested in Lagos

LAGOS State Police Command, has arrested a 25-year-old man who allegedly specialised in kidnapping children for money making rituals.

Also arrested, was a couple and a middle aged man who masqueraded as house- helps, only to rob their supposed bosses of their belongings.

The kidnap suspect, Tope Akingbemila, reportedly met his waterloo following a failed attempt to kidnap a five-year-old child in Ketu area of Lagos.

Tope arrested last Tuesday, according to spokes person of the Lagos State Police Command, Ngozi Braide, had succeeded in dragging the five year-old child into a tricycle, saying, “but the victim’s mother who was close-by, raised alarm when she sighted her son being driven away.

“An angry mob chased them and eventually rescued the child. Tope Akingbemila was arrested while three others escaped.

“In his confessional statement, he said his gang had received ransom from parents of two children earlier kidnapped. He is now helping the police to track his fleeing gang members.”

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/241953-child-kidnapper-who-specialised-in-kidnapping-children-for-money-making-rituals-arrested-in-lagos.html
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by KenGali: 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
cKaiser: It doesnt have to be 100%

Everyone knows kidnapping, drug trafficking and selling fake drugs is the idea of business for some ppl
Just like 419, internet theft, Ritual Killings(which already includes kidnapping) and embezzlement are the business ideas of some other people. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by cKaiser: 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
KenGali:
Just like 419, internet theft, Ritual Killings(which already includes kidnapping) and embezzlement are the business ideas of some other people. grin grin grin grin grin

Greatest 419 in Nigerian history till remains Nwude and Anajemba

Greatest ritual killing story in Nigeria was done by Vincent Duru aka Otokoto

Greatest kidnapper in Nigerian history still remains Osisikankwu
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
KenGali:

Ken:
Please don't let him make you derail this thread. What you can do for me is post news of kidnappings in Lagos carried out by Yorubas and other non-Igbo Nigerians. Thank you.
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by KenGali: 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
Francis-1:

Ken:
Please don't let him make you derail this thread. What you can do for me is post news of kidnappings in Lagos carried out by Yorubas and other non-Igbo Nigerians. Thank you.
Nsogbu adiro mma ncha!
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
EXCLUSIVE; ANOTHER KIDNAPPER ARRESTED IN LAGOS

Tope the kidnapper

By Chiemelie Ezeobi

Meanwhile, in a similar development, the Ketu Police Division also arrested another suspected kidnapper, one Tope Akingbemila, who had attempted to kidnap a 5-year old boy simply identified as Dayo. THISDAY gathered that the suspect and three others had already dragged the victim into a tricycle popularly known as Keke Marwa and had attempted to flee with him before he was caught by by-standers.

The angry mob had given chase and arrested Tope while the three others escaped. Tope confessed that he had actively participated in three other kidnap operations that were successful.

Speaking to THISDAY, Tope admitted that his job was to kidnap children and demand ransom. He said, "I am a kidnapper. That is how I make my money. I have successfully kidnapped three children with my partners and collected a ransom of N500, 000 each.

"I was brought into the business by Baba Fatai, a babalawo (medicine man). Even when Baba Fatai said he has retired I continued because it is lucrative ."

Braide said the suspect has been cooperating fully with the police to assist them track the fleeing gang members, adding that investigation is in progress.

http://emelieezeobi.blogspot.com/2013/01/exclusive-another-kidnapper-arrested-in.html
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
uesday, 25 September 2012
3 ARRESTED FOR KIDNAPPING, KILLING LAGOS BUSINESSMAN
3 ARRESTED FOR KIDNAPPING, KILLING LAGOS BUSINESSMAN

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested three men -Ogbuesor Sadiq, Abdulwahab Mutairu and Adenola Lanre- for the alleged kidnap and murder of a businessman, Akinsanjo Akinlade.

Akinlade was alleged murdered in Ogijo, a border town between Lagos and Ogun states on August 31, 2012.

According to police authorities, the suspects kidnapped, killed Akinlade and dumped his body in Ogijo.

It was learnt that the suspects ransacked their victim’s apartment and dispossessed him of jewellery, laptop and other valuables.

The suspects later abducted the man, drove him in his car to an unknown destination from where they called his wife to demand for a ransom of N200, 000.

The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said, “When they demanded for ransom from the deceased’s wife, she insisted on speaking to her husband in order to get directive as to where to source for money. However, the kidnappers stopped all communication.”

One of the suspects, Mutairu, said he plotted the kidnap of the deceased.

He said, “My job was to fish out for well-to-do persons around Ikorodu, monitor their movements and get back to the gang. Then, one day, I saw the man driving a jeep and followed him to his house.

“I reported to them and they asked me to monitor when he always came home. I monitored him thrice and discovered he was always coming in at a particular time and informed the gang.”

Mutairu, who claimed the gang did not plan to kill the businessman, said the kidnap turned awry when he (Akinlade) attempted to escape.

He said, “As we all sat in the bush waiting for response from his wife, we heard footsteps of people passing by and he raised the alarm.

“I held his mouth to prevent him from shouting but he kept struggling and in the process, Sadiq started cutting him with a machete and at a point, he became motionless. When we confirmed he was dead, we all left.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that the matter was immediately reported at Ipakodo Police Station from where it was transferred to the State Intelligence.

During investigations, the police were said to have obtained the call logs of Akinlade’s wife’s phone from which they were able to trace one of the suspects, Ogbusor, to Edo state.

Ogbusor was said to have revealed the location of other gang members to the police.

The suspects reportedly confessed and took the policemen to where they killed the Akinlade. His corpse was found in decomposing state.

The suspects also confessed to have kidnapped one Sekiru Yusu and attempted to kidnap another person in Ikorodu before they were arrested.

http://nollywoodspot.blogspot.com/2012/09/3-arrested-for-kidnapping-killing-lagos.html
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
Police arrest kidnappers of Dangote’s cousin.

A gang, which abducted a cousin of the Chairman of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote and collected a ransom of N32million, has been arrested by the police.

The victim Yahaya Aminu, was kidnapped on September 2, at the Falomo, Ikoyi branch of GTBank, Awolowo Road, Lagos.

He has, however, been rescued. Two locally made pistols with 16 cartridges and a Kia Cerato, marked DN735APP, belonging to the victim, was recovered.

It was gathered the gang also kidnapped Mr Debasis Mitroroy, also of Dangote Group.

The gang had kidnapped an Indian, demanding 200,000 dollars as ransom, which was paid.

The suspect, Pius Uba Livinus and two others; Kelechukwu Onyema and Ayebe Segun, were arrested by operatives attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos.

Livinus’father, a former police Inspector, who was dismissed in 1995, is also being held for attempting to protect the suspect.

The ex-Inspector was arrested after his son confessed that his father, who had earlier denied knowing his whereabouts when police invaded their home, has been protecting him from being arrested.

The suspect’s father had told policemen that he had not seen Livinus for over two months. But the suspect later confessed that he has been with his father since he kidnapped the Indian last year.

It was gathered that that the suspect was arrested in February for a failed kidnap operation and charged to court but he found his way out of prison after two months.

The suspect, who said his father is also being detained in connection with the crime, had participated in three kidnap operations.

Police spokesperson Ngozi Braide said Livinus (25) , Oneyema (27) and Segun (32) would be prosecuted .
http://www.maingist.com/2012/09/police-arrest-kidnappers-of-dangotes.html
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
This one was in Abuja but quite funny with the ashoebi

Abuja — Seven suspected members of a kidnap syndicate accused of complicity in the abduction of one Mohammed Khamis, a United Arab Emirates national, who was lured into the country for a phantom business transaction, were yesterday paraded in Abuja by the State Security Service, SSS.

The suspects reportedly held Khamis hostage for about 60 days at Aboriogun village in Ikoyi town, Isokan Local Government Area of Osun State, feeding him with fruits on the orders of other masterminds who are still at large.

The SSS said it was still on the trail of four other persons identified as the masterminds of the abduction of Khamis whom they lured to visit Nigeria on January 20, 2012 for a ghost business transaction using a fake company, Finuche Investments.

The suspects paraded were Ojo Ibrahim Ajibade, a 29 year-old spare parts dealer; Lamidi Akinkunmi, a 29-year-old video cameraman who also practices voodoo; Olasunkanmi Temitope (a.k.a. Rasky), a 22-year-old saw mill worker and Nuremi Lamidi, another saw mill operator aged 25.

Others are Siyanbade Musibau Olalekan, a 29-year-old plank trader; Jelili Ajagungbade Adeleke (a.k.a. Owuye), a 33-year-old driver; and Saka Kashim, a 27-year-old motorcycle mechanic, who admitted to have taken the hostage on a motor cycle to Ibadan.

Parading the suspects before journalists in Abuja, Deputy Director, Public Relations of the State Security Service, Marilyn Ogar, said all suspects confessed to taking the foreigner hostage and would soon be charged to court while further investigations aimed at tracking and apprehending those at large continue.

Ogar said: "On January 20, 2012, one Mohammed Khamis Majed Ishmael Al Ali, a United Arab Emirates national, who was lured to visit Nigeria for a phantom business transaction by a fake company, Finuche Investments, was abducted by a kidnap syndicate and held hostage for about 60 days at Aboriogun village in Ikoyi town, Isokan LGA of Osun State.

"Upon receipt of the report of Khamis' abduction, this service immediately initiated investigation. However, Khamis was released by his abductors on March 19, 2012 and dropped off in Ibadan.

"Consequently, on March 20, 2012, operatives of the service arrested the following persons aged between 22- 33 years in connection with the abduction."

Ogar, however, did not disclose where the suspected kidnappers were apprehended nor the current whereabouts of the Arab expatriate.
http://www.nairaland.com/902976/sss-parades-seven-suspected-kidnappers

Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by Francis5: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Friday, December 28, 2012

Police arrest couple over abduction of Rotimi's wife

by Akinwale Aboluwade, Ibadan

Inspector-General of Police Mohammed Abubakar

Police in Oyo State said on Thursday they had arrested a Lagos-based couple in connection with the December 10 abduction of Titilayo, wife of a former Military Administrator of old Western State, Brig. Gen Oluwole Rotimi (retd).

Titilayo, according to the police, has since regained her freedom.

Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ayodele Lanade, confirmed that Ruth and her husband, Mathew Adekiya, had been detained.

It was learnt that Ruth had lived with the abducted woman till she got married to Adekiya in Lagos.

She was said to have travelled to Ibadan on Tuesday to sympathise with the Rotimi family upon hearing that her former guardian had been released after about two weeks.

The lady was said to have been arrested and whisked to the anti-robbery squad while her husband was later arrested in Lagos.

Lanade said, “The suspects are still being investigated. I have been to the Iyaganku Division, and I have confirmed that they were being investigated. If after investigation they are found not to be culpable, they will be released.

“We had said it that irrespective of the fact that the abducted woman had been released, our investigations continue. The Commissioner of Police had said anyone found not connected with the crime would be released after interrogation.”

Ten workers of the abducted woman were initially arrested while a nursing mother among them was granted bail to allow her take care of her baby.

The CP, Mr. Joseph Mbu, while speaking with reporters on Monday, said arrested suspects would be released if not found culpable in the abduction.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/dec/28/802.html
Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by duni04(m): 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Rubbish thread undecided

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe, not all Igbo live in Lagos. If you depend on Lagos, most Igbo don't by obitwo: 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Truly ingrates these Igbos are

Our hospitality is unbeatable plus free education a lot of them screaming now got under Awo

Despite these and more they have hated us for no reason

Let it be clear that every Yoruba man and woman in Yorubaland will resent you from now on

You're not welcome anymore

We will not resort to violence because it will be too much for the next ten generations of Igbo to handle but as usual, we will skn you with our intellect like BRF has done to Obi

Slowly but surely you will know who is bss out here

(0) (1) (Reply)

The Most Aduterous And Fettish Tribe In Africa Is Yoruba - By Pamela Druckerman / Racism In Europe. Will They Get Over It? / MEND Threatens Fresh Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.