Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village (4589 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / "Tell Wike That I Will Attend Night Club In His Village"- Amaechi Vows. See Pics / EFCC Seals Off Dasuki's Mansion In Kaduna (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by baby124: 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
This is a mansion erected by former governor of Abia state, His Excellency Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu at his home town Igbere. Named after his first daughter Neya Uzor Kalu.The over 400 rooms CAMP NEYA, which is reputed to be the most flamboyant, intimidating and stylish home of any individual in Nigeria was completed in 1998 and Commissioned by former Abia Milad Col. Anthony Obi on May 28th 1999.Over 150 eye popping shots of the most flamboyant piece of edifice in Nigeria, and perhaps the entire Africa. These are
not just ordinary everyday pictures but amazing, jaw dropping shots; a painstaking coverage of the the camp, peeping into the most restricted parts of the mansion. High definition shots that will leave you grasping for breath. From the expansive compound, Architectural perfection, bad and detailed interiors you've never seen in your entire life; places you'll never believe existed in Nigeria, CAMP NEYA is more than an edifice; it's a statement! It means different things to different people, but to every sound mind, it's a structural definition of the enigma and quintessential persona ORJI UZOR KALU.

Completed before Kalu's 38th birthday, CAMP NEYA houses over 400 rooms comprising of over 36 jumbo sized sitting rooms, A 12 room presidential lodge, Governors lodge for all the 36 states and FCT, A 5000 capacity Conference Hall, A banquet hall, a Karioke hall, 22 Kitchens, 102 toilets, 76 Bathrooms, 187 bedrooms, A golf course, a foothball pitch, An Olympic sized swimming pool, one indoor swimming pool, Basket ball court, Lawn tennis court, Sports centre, A church, a mosque, a bush bar, a filling station, ATM machines, A clinic, children's recreation centre, an ICT centre, several gardens, A police post, A military detachment, etc. It is amazing, breath taking, overwhelming intimidating and humbling. It is out of this world; a world of it's own!

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2013/08/unbelieveable-orji-kalu-showcases-400.html

[img]http://2.bp..com/-uPzEVHMbROg/Ufy4VH_9Y5I/AAAAAAAAltA/37IZFHLev8k/s400/abcdefg.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-LkhR5Re2xfk/Ufy4YAvNq9I/AAAAAAAAltI/uaLEehOaC_0/s400/ab.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-iVs7-obPjSQ/Ufy4a2e0xgI/AAAAAAAAltQ/4P8apPWDy80/s400/abc.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-HcNLVxM8HNg/Ufy4g_xN0FI/AAAAAAAAltY/H29ah0AYiRQ/s400/abcd.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-LTlIg0el8qA/Ufy4lZZUdmI/AAAAAAAAltg/TCfLKM5mMkY/s400/abcde.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-ZOvW-8RssC8/Ufy4okDflFI/AAAAAAAAlto/0dxwPts_OJE/s400/abcdef.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-mSUk-A855F8/Ufy42lHJvdI/AAAAAAAAlt4/_bFVPKGuAL8/s400/adc.jpg[/img]
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by 2mch(m): 7:49pm On Aug 03, 2013
What Is this the same Orji planning to take lasg to court or it is an unrelated person. I weep for my ibo people. Lagos is their last hope. Very very wicked people governing SE states. How can one human being justify this? How many rooms can one human being and the entire family clan live in. This is outrageous.

3 Likes

Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by friedrice1: 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
the last picture there is a picture of the atrium of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu dhabi

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by baby124: 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2013
fried-rice:
the last picture there is a picture of the atrium of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu dhabi
The blogger added that for effects. This is sick. Even a mosque, atm and filling station. This is completely... i am very shocked. sad
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by Shedysworld(m): 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
if Oprah winfrey see's this one, she will know her 99 bedroom mansion is a boys quarters. O How i wish this was done from legit money.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
Errr...the mansion was completed before he became governor. So we can't really base this on his stealing government funds.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by ba7man(m): 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
Sorry, but with all the money, the building lacks character. Very boring design despite its size, the approach elevation consist of mostly blank walls.

With all the money available, i expected that large hall to be serviced by a central cooling duct system not fans and that living room has being spoilt by those columns(pillars) running down the middle. Couldn't the Architect have spanned it without including them??

The landscaping is nice tho.

If you watch "A-list listings" on E-Channel, you'll know the true definition of grand buildings.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by 2mch(m): 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
ba7man: Sorry, but with all the money, the building lacks character. Very boring design despite its size, the approach elevation consist of mostly blank walls.

With all the money available, i expected that large hall to be serviced by a central cooling duct system not fans and that living room has being spoilt by those columns(pillars) running down the middle. Couldn't the Architect have spanned it without including them??

The landscaping is nice tho.

If you watch "A-list listings" on E-Channel, you'll know the true definition of grand buildings.

Very local looking bulding, at least the contractor chopped. The lawn is nice.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by 2mch(m): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
stillwater: Errr...the mansion was completed before he became governor. So we can't really base this on his stealing government funds.

How old are you small girl. Was Orji Kalu a government boy before becoming governor yes or no where did he make his money from? You?

2 Likes

Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by ba7man(m): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
2mch:

Very local looking bulding, at least the contractor chopped. The lawn is nice.
Most of these rich Nigerians lack taste, have you seen Adenuga's Banana Island mansion?? Terrible looking despite all the money spent on it.

I seriously wish i could be invited to remodel that building, I can imagine what I'll do to it.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
Op you can go as far as Dubia or donwload all the effices and posh houses and post. Who cares! You can only cajore and bamboozle the gullibility of your fellow yoruba race. Igbos are too sophisticated for this cheap and comical backmail as all still boils down to emancipating the callousness of Fascistsola against fellow Nigerians. NIGERIANS KNOW BETTER!

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by supersonic(m): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
He don build im own paradise for earth. Almighty God will judge.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by segzicres(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lol. This was probably done by a draughtsman. Very terrible evelations, I mean why spend soo much money on a stupid building? That's just stupid! The inteteriors look cool tho.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 04, 2013
segzi cres: Lol. This was probably done by a draughtsman. Very terrible evelations, I mean why spend soo much money on a stupid building? That's just stupid! The inteteriors look cool tho.

Answer: He did not spend so much money on the building, rather the OP did in his dreams.
@OP If this is your definition of Grandeur

The house was commissioned on 28th may, 1999 by the former military Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu became a Governor on 29th May 1999. Mr OP what exactly is your point?
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 04, 2013
2mch:

How old are you small girl. Was Orji Kalu a government boy before becoming governor yes or no where did he make his money from? You?

Yes he made his money from me, little boy.
Was he an elected official prior to 1999? I hope you know government boy is not a official post. There's no basis for this nonsense. Go and look up Orji Uzor Kalu first before you start asking how he made his money.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by almajiri101: 7:55am On Aug 04, 2013
Vanity Upon Vanity.

....mko abiola did more than this, he built a very gigantic mansion , go check it up now it's not only covered by the bush but also a home for dangerous animals.

This is nothing but a waste of cheese the beauty of this mansion will defo fade away when he's gone.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by ACM10: 8:01am On Aug 04, 2013
Better to build in his village than outside Igboland. I commend OUK for thinking home.
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by fiscalcliff: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2013
One world comes to mind;VANITY
There are better ways of displaying wealth and influencing the sons of men
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by mej67: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Irredeemable Waste! Little wonder he is so desparate to launch back into political relevance to be able to scoop money to maintain such colossal heap of aging concrete and sand. How does he plan to maintain such? The poor state of maitenance can't be hidden in some of the pics. Lodges for president and 36 Govs my foot.
A mere soap-making factory would have benefitted his village more
Re: Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village by touch4mony: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2013
2mch: What Is this the same Orji planning to take lasg to court or it is an unrelated person. I weep for my ibo people. Lagos is their last hope. Very very wicked people governing SE states. How can one human being justify this? How many rooms can one human being and the entire family clan live in. This is outrageous.
read well b4 u comment the op said the building was commisioned in 1998 that was even b4 he became a governor so i knw u are try to say he used govt money to build it and remenber he was obj highest sponsor as at 1999 pls hater get a live

(1) (Reply)

Nwafor Orizu Was President Of Nigeria / Sen. Ben Bruce And Oby Ezekwesili Exchanged Words Verbally On Twitter(photo) / Real Pictures From Paris Peace Meeting As Shared By Al-jazera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.