Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,266 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18173 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by takedat(m): 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Wishful thinking. We are saddled with masters of irredentism, professional noisemakers, ethnic jingoists and champions of tribalism who rate narrow-mindedness over ideals. They find pleasure in insulting leaders from other tribes even in their graves, yet they do not want the misdeeds of their own to be highlighted. We are the mirror of our leaders, so far they continue fanning the toxic embers of ethnic hatred and tribal animosity, you can only expect a 'Mythical Consensus' among forumers. Embarking on a gestapo-like banning will only amount to an exercise in futility. Ask Ikenna. Jingoism is worn as a badge of honor in this forum.

Mod @Afam is one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by 4Play(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2013
This site is Seun's source of income and is traffic dependent so the moderation of it has to be viewed in that light.

One theory which I largely subscribe to is that Nigerians are fundamentally heartless tribalists so any attempts to curb tribalism on a site such as this will merely reduce traffic. It will be hard to run a similar website in the West that thrives on hatred.

There's an alternative view that though tribal threads, which the mods happily promote by the way, may generate more posts and views, that's not the same as generating more traffic for the site as a whole. How many more people are demotivated by the tribalism from using the site compared to the online warriors?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
JudismphD: when will your pipe dream and anachronistic thinking cease?

What pipe dreams? That I mentioned you have incited a lot of Yoruba people with your blackmail of Yorubas who have helped you to get back on your feet since the end of civil war. You don't bite the hands that feed you. Yorubas who were not angry with Igbos before are now getting involved. I know for a fact that there are more responsible Igbos who live in SW than the ones that display their hatred here.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
take dat: Wishful thinking. We are saddled with masters of irredentism, professional noisemakers, ethnic jingoists and champions of tribalism who rate narrow-mindedness over ideals. They find pleasure in insulting leaders from other tribes even in their graves, yet they do not want the misdeeds of their own to be highlighted. We are the mirror of our leaders, so far they continue fanning the toxic embers of ethnic hatred and tribal animosity, you can only expect a 'Mythical Consensus' among forumers. Embarking on a gestapo-like banning will only amount to an exercise in futility. Ask Ikenna. Jingoism is worn as a badge of honor in this forum.

Mod @Afam is one of them.

Afam always look the other way while his kinsmen do what they do best. Afam is part of the problem and I know that for a fact. Afam loves it when his kinsmen write nonsense about Yorubas. He only gets involved when the Yorubas start responding in hard way.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by luvmijeje(f): 10:54pm On Aug 03, 2013
Wow! The annoying thing is that most people fanning this embers of war are not staying in Lagos, not to talk of Nigeria. Well with or despite you this nation will be great. Better still, there is a big field close to my area, I will send invites detailing the time and venue for you guyz to come over in order kill each other instead of turning yourself to nuisance. Foolish set of people.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
payless:

Afam always look the other way while his kinsmen do what they do best. Afam is part of the problem and I know that for a fact. Afam loves it when his kinsmen write nonsense about Yorubas. He only gets involved when the Yorubas start responding in hard way.

its not true, Afam bans igbos too and he is not that clannish sef

the point is that yorubas always start wat they cant finish

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nitrogen(m): 11:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
thomason:

There is a guy called FSU, he is always proud to tell you to google "Yorubas are" Yet the owner of this forum is a yoruba guy, Pathetic.

Exactly, when I saw his post the first time, I went to google and typed 'yorubas are', my broda, I legs were shaking, this is the world wide web for christ's sake, they have spoilt us completely, but, not too worry, we are now on our feets, I don't visit other sections anymore, I am now a regular in the politics section, I will tell others to join us, I will just tell them to type 'yorubas are', so that when they see those disgusting posts, they will report here ASAP, and I tell you, nobody will be able to stop them, we must tell the world how selfish and brainless they are too, until that is achieved, we won't rest.

Bigots are coming in their hundreds, they are on their way!

4 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
Start by telling Seun to delete all the slurs on his servers that are easily accessible via google.

When you do that, then maybe, just maybe you will curb it a little bit.

Till then, I'm riding with my people! undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nitrogen(m): 11:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Please why are my posts hidden? Mods, I beg you, don't joke with me o!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 11:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
nitrogen:

Please invite them to come, but rather than wasting your time and their time on bigotry, advise them to post sensibly and reasonably else they might have to kiss their precious monikers good bye and none of their bigotry posts will be left visible for people to read.

What we are saying is; enough is enough.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Mcdondayan: 12:06am On Aug 04, 2013
When Jarus was a moderator nobody saw his tribalistic tendencies, now its Afam you guys are attacking. How many times have threads been started to spite Afam? All I know is that he who breaks any rule should be made to face the music and OMJ4 pls dont be a toothless bulldog. Ban those that should be banned for eternity and tribal slurs will stop. But remember "what is good for the Greeks is good for Uganda". No offence intended.
My "Advocate brother" BRING IT ON. LoL @ "yorubas are"

5 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2013
start with yourself , and remov that bigot called sexkillz , when u at it stop banning people anyhow , because their views differ from yours. last but not the least ,I think this section has been created to pour hate. so maybe you should hold a meeting with your boss.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:23am On Aug 04, 2013
Seun is the real problem here!

Appointing ethnic bigots as moderators shall be the undoing of this forum, write it down.

Seun is the one we should be revolting against fit taking our freedom and putting it in the hands if the enemy just because he wants to be seen as Fashola the second.

It is now coming back to bite him in the arse.

And you, Oam4j, just put a sock in it ojare! Always turning the blind eye when his ibo compatriots flout the rules and act with impunity. You all are the cowards they call you.

By the time you realise that no matter what you do for these people, they will never like you, maybe then you will know just as Fashola is finding out now.

Rubbish!

8 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:26am On Aug 04, 2013
nitrogen:

Exactly, when I saw his post the first time, I went to google and typed 'yorubas are', my broda, I legs were shaking, this is the world wide web for christ's sake, they have spoilt us completely, but, not too worry, we are now on our feets, I don't visit other sections anymore, I am now a regular in the politics section, I will tell others to join us, I will just tell them to type 'yorubas are', so that when they see those disgusting posts, they will report here ASAP, and I tell you, nobody will be able to stop them, we must tell the world how selfish and brainless they are too, until that is achieved, we won't rest.

Finally you lot are waking up.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Demdem(m): 12:27am On Aug 04, 2013
Demdem refuse to join this battle. At least for now. cool
He has an higher call for now which he believes is the primary root cause of this.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by 2mch(m): 12:29am On Aug 04, 2013
Desola: Seun is the real problem here!

Appointing ethnic bigots as moderators shall be the undoing of this forum, write it down.

Seun is the one we should be revolting against fit taking our freedom and putting it in the hands if the enemy just because he wants to be seen as Fashola the second.

It is now coming back to bite him in the arse.

And you, Oam4j, just put a sock in it ojare! Always turning the blind eye when his ibo compatriots flout the rules and act with impunity. You all are the cowards they call you.

By the time you realise that no matter what you do for these people, they will never like you, maybe then you will know just as Fashola is finding out now.

Rubbish!

Seun should keep the moderators at 2. Or appoint a Northerner in place of Afam. Afam is a bigot and he is proud to show it. I wonder why he is still a moderator. If you want to be seen as if your hands are clean, why not do things right.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:32am On Aug 04, 2013
Threatening people with a lifetime ban like say na new tin.

You be God?

These boys just piss me right off! Most especially the Yoruba ones that would act f00lishly just to be seen as politically correct.

Effing hypocrites! You and Seun are doing the Yorubas a great disservice on this forum and I think it is high time Yoruba forumites starts to demand some respect or we boycott this nonsense!

Enough is enough!

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by JamesDoe: 12:34am On Aug 04, 2013
The level of tribal wars is ridiculous but why should Yorubas sit back and watch people spew hatred like its Gatorade?

No more, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and a kick for a blow.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:34am On Aug 04, 2013
2mch:

Seun should keep the moderators at 2. Or appoint a Northerner in place of Afam. Afam is a bigot and he is proud to show it. I wonder why he is still a moderator. If you want to be seen as if your hands are clean, why not do things right.

Both sexkillz and Afam must be removed. They are as bad as each other.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by 2mch(m): 12:36am On Aug 04, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1381602/anambra-ordered-arrest-deportation-child

I posted this link for front page on the suggestions thread someone hid it. Who did that? But Atuoke's thread suggestion was left. I will post it again here and there. Kepp hiding it bigots. We must see all sides of this story on the front page.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by asha80(m): 12:37am On Aug 04, 2013
grin see desola and raking.by the way how is peckham tonight?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:44am On Aug 04, 2013
2mch: https://www.nairaland.com/1381602/anambra-ordered-arrest-deportation-child

I posted this link for front page on the suggestions thread someone hid it. Who did that? But Atuoke's thread suggestion was left. I will post it again here and there. Kepp hiding it bigots. We must see all sides of this story on the front page.

I have not had a full week of posting privilege on this forum for over a month now because those bigots find reasons to ban me just as I am finishing one ban. Rather than remove posts they deem offensive, they would go ahead and ban the poster. They are so wary of me that they trail all my posts just to have a reason to ban. As I write, I have only just returned from sexkillz one week ban for replying to his sister, berem's derogatory post in kind ( that was his cover up reason but I know the real reason). Effing cowards they are.

You can now imagine how it feels to read a nonsensical post by an ibo wanna be moderator equally threatening to ban the Yorubas.

Sod you all! Oam4j included.

Worraheck!

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ikenna351(m): 12:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Desola: Threatening people with a lifetime ban like say na new tin.

You be God?

These boys just piss me right off! Most especially the Yoruba ones that would act f00lishly just to be seen as politically correct.

Effing hypocrites! You and Seun are doing the Yorubas a great disservice on this forum and I think it is high time Yoruba forumites starts to demand some respect or we boycott this nonsense!

Enough is enough!

My dear Desola,

Missed me? Lol!

On a serious note. I may not always agree with OAM4J, but dont you think you are being unfair to him, his co-mods and the Admin? What has he said here that is so wrong that would warrant name calling and condemning his intention to sanitize this section?

I would advice you cooperate with them.

Ikenna
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Desola:

Both sexkillz and Afam must be removed. They are as bad as each other.

Sexkillz is here watching and ready to strike at any moments. I am sorry to say she is bigot too. She is biased but not as biased as that Afam of a moderator. She does hide her bigotry but get exposed some of the time while doing it. I have seen on several ocassions when Igbos are throwing insults around while Afam is on the thread watching and reading without doing anything. The moment Yorubas start to respond in kind is when Afam normally begin to delete posts. It happenes on daily basis and I see this as sending wrong signal.

I have seen situations when Afam deleted some heinous insults by Igbos but attracts no ban.

It's time to find an Hausa man or better still the Igbo moniker with the name Gen. Buhari to start moderating politics section. I know Gen. Buhari is not a bigoted Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 04, 2013
Ikenna351:

My dear Desola,

Missed me? Lol!

On a serious note. I may not always agree with OAM4J, but dont you think you are being unfair to him, his co-mods and the Admin? What has he said here that is so wrong that warrant name calling and condemning his intention to sanitize this section?

Ikenna

I hate your gut! You messed up big time when you were here. You tried to be macho without knowing the rules.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 04, 2013
sexkillz is the cancer of the politic section ...the dude is a fcking bigot ....
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:49am On Aug 04, 2013
2mch: https://www.nairaland.com/1381602/anambra-ordered-arrest-deportation-child

Double standard.

They ban everyone with more than one Id but never obiagu aka acm10 or advocate66 aka mr. Globe, aka fsu, aka atuoke, aka freeglobe. But that oam4j has the liver to come and yarn opaks.

Rubbish!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 04, 2013
It's only a matter of time. Tribalists of the igbo and yoruba race who have said we won't have peace on NL, who turn every political issue to a igbo vs yoruba war that doesn't exist in the real world, will be removed.

Don't be a victim.

5 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Pataki: 12:53am On Aug 04, 2013
Ikenna351:

My dear Desola,

Missed me? Lol!

On a serious note. I may not always agree with OAM4J, but dont you think you are being unfair to him, his co-mods and the Admin? What has he said here that is so wrong that warrant name calling and condemning his intention to sanitize this section?

Ikenna
I personally find you to be the most annoying human being ever.

Why do you keep loitering around the Politics section? You just keep looking for relevance when you are not wanted here and you were disgraced for the tribal nuisance that you really are.

Ikena ibo boy.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:55am On Aug 04, 2013
Ikenna351:

My dear Desola,

Missed me? Lol!

On a serious note. I may not always agree with OAM4J, but dont you think you are being unfair to him, his co-mods and the Admin? What has he said here that is so wrong that would warrant name calling and condemning his intention to sanitize this section?

Ikenna

You see, this is how it starts o. Their brother is here now only for one reason and that is to taunt those who saw to it that his devilish reign came to an end.

You have the confidence to come out and yarn opaks because you know that your bigoted brothers are the ones on duty now Abi.

Wo if I send you a special present tonight, you will never recover from it I swear!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

"Atiku Is A Control Freak, Returned To His Vomit" - Lauretta Onochie / PDP Kwara Governorship Flag-off- Video And Photos / Budget:presidency 2 Spend Mor On State House Clinic Than All Teaching Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.