Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18174 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ACM10: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
gudugba:

Stop whinning.....

Why is it that when an Igbo poster makes an intelligent observation, you guys will revert to you default response of 'stop whinning?'

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Italiano1: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
ACM10:

Why is it that when an Igbo poster makes an intelligent observation, you guys will revert to you default response of 'stop whinning?'

Because some of you speak from both sides of your mouth. PointB was here complaining about threads that are supposedly bigoted while he has just set up a thread on Wole Soyinka. We are not fools! You have the support of the Mods and that is glaring, that is why you folks are acting with impunity at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
ACM10:

I thought that I am the only one that noticed the free use of demeaning terms to describe Igbos. Well I'm not surprised by the hypocrisy of the OP

If OAM4J fails to clamp down on those hate speeches, it only means he endorses them. And I see no end in sight for the ills he set out to rid. One expects words to be backed by action.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
ACM10:

I have learned to ignore such childish gimmicks.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by MAYOWAAK: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
To read comments on any website frequented by Nigerians is to witness the savage verbal bricks that Nigerians – many of them holders of advanced degrees – hurl at each other across ethnic lines. Name any unprintable name, and you’d find that Nigerians use it against their fellows from other ethnic groups in daily verbal warfare. I fear that, should the occasion arise in Nigeria – God forbid! – many Nigerians would be quite ready to butcher members of the ethnic “other” with a genocidal glee that surpasses the horrors the world witnessed in Rwanda.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
MAYOWAAK: To read comments on any website frequented by Nigerians is to witness the savage verbal bricks that Nigerians – many of them holders of advanced degrees – hurl at each other across ethnic lines. Name any unprintable name, and you’d find that Nigerians use it against their fellows from other ethnic groups in daily verbal warfare. I fear that, should the occasion arise in Nigeria – God forbid! – many Nigerians would be quite ready to butcher members of the ethnic “other” with a genocidal glee that surpasses the horrors the world witnessed in Rwanda.

You are not alone in such fear brother.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
ACM10:

What foolish intelligent observation are you referring to? The same person is busy opening potential combustible threads around and running here to whine ...you lot think you are can talk with both sides of your mouths with nobody pointing at your foolishness ?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nebeuwa(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

You are not alone in such fear brother.

I fear this as well. And I also believe all groups are capable of this.

Sometimes I weep for Africa, because tribalism is not simply a Nigerian thing. You can find this in Kenya, South Africa, Somalia and Ethiopia.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
gudugba:

What foolish intelligent observation are you referring to? The same person is busy opening potential combustible threads around and running here to whine ...you lot think you are can talk with both sides of your mouths with nobody pointing at your foolishness ?

What makes it potentially combustible? I don't just get you fellows. Why are you so emotional and seemingly incapable of separating a man from his tribe? Why?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
MAYOWAAK: To read comments on any website frequented by Nigerians is to witness the savage verbal bricks that Nigerians – many of them holders of advanced degrees – hurl at each other across ethnic lines. Name any unprintable name, and you’d find that Nigerians use it against their fellows from other ethnic groups in daily verbal warfare. I fear that, should the occasion arise in Nigeria – God forbid! – many Nigerians would be quite ready to butcher members of the ethnic “other” with a genocidal glee that surpasses the horrors the world witnessed in Rwanda.

This is already happening in Nigeria.

North vs South

Southeast vs Southwest

The difference between Southeast and North is that Southeast aren't using machetes against Southwest right now.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

North vs South

Southeast vs Southwest

The difference between Southeast and North is that Southeast aren't using machetes against Southwest right now.

What sort lame talk is this? Why would SE ever think of using machetes against SW, or any other region for that matter. Honest I think you are sick, and need psychiatric evaluation.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

What sort lame talk is this? Why would SE ever think of using machetes against SW, or any other region for that matter. Honest I think you are sick, and need psychiatric evaluation.

So the use of machete is wrong, but social terrorism (kidnapping) is not wrong?

I really shouldn't be shocked, but I am.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
Some people don't know when the music stops playing.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
django1: Some people don't know when the music stops playing.

My brother, please tell our sister who blotted this thread with words below:

Texas.Cowgirl:

North vs South

Southeast vs Southwest

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Italiano1: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

My brother, please tell our sister who blotted this thread with words below:

What is it that you have not understood from her post? Please can you tell us the methodology by which kidnapping is carried out- peaceful means?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Italiano1:

What is it that you have not understood from her post? Please can you tell us the methodology which kidnapping is carried out- peaceful means?

And what similarity does kidnapping share with one region using machetes on another, eh, Mr. know all?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

And what similarity does kidnapping share with one region using machetes on another, eh, Mr. know all?

They're both social terrorism. The difference is their method of social terrorism.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

They're both social terrorism. The difference is their method of social terrorism.

So kidnapping for ransom now equates to butchering people for no reason? It's folks like you that equate Niger Delta militancy to Boko Haram terrorism. Nairaland, nay Nigeria, has truly suffered, with this kind of thought process.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

So kidnapping for ransom now equates to butchering people for no reason? It's folks like you that equate Niger Delta militancy to Boko Haram terrorism. Nairaland, nay Nigeria, has truly suffered, with this kind of thought process.

Are you an irredeemable ediot?

Or are you just gambling with your brain cells.

Where in my post was the bolded stated?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Italiano1: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

So you are essentially making a distinction between two evils; both of whom are carried out with senseless violence, and you have the effrontery to question other people's thought process? Your analogical reference to ND and Boko Haram further proves how disingenuous you are. Kidnappers attack, maim, imprison and kills their victims not because of any ideological reasons but for selfish reasons and monetary gains.

The poster is quite right to make a correlation between people who are very ready to carry out social terrorism and the danger they pose to others
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
Italiano1:

So you are essentially making a distinction between two evils; both of whom are carried out with senseless violence, and you have the effrontery to question other people's thought process? Your analogical reference to ND and Boko Haram further proves how disingenuous you are. Kidnappers attack, maim, imprison and kills their victims not because of any ideological reasons but for selfish reasons and monetary gains.

The poster is quite right to make a correlation between people who are very ready to carry out social terrorism and the danger they pose to others

Do you think I'd get banned for calling an ediot and ediot?

Don't mind that boy, he is finding it hard to comprehend two sentences. Why na?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
How can someone compare d East with d North? Igbos don't attack innocent ppl.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Italiano1: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
How can someone compare d East with d North? Igbos don't attack innocent ppl.

And who said they did?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Truckpusher(m): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yes they will, because you didn't stress the ediot like this...eeeedddiiiooootu cheesy
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Italiano1: 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Dont mind him, he is the chief Bigot on NL. makes a lot of complaints on here about threads and then opens one that he knows will create animosity

5 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Truckpusher: Yes they will, because you didn't stress the ediot like this...eeeedddiiiooootu cheesy

lol make dem no ban you too o grin
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
Italiano1:

That is where both of you are wrong, and indeed any other individual that subscribe to this pattern of thing. Get this straight, kidnapping for ransom malaise and boko haram terrorism are parallel; they barely meet. Whereas the kidnapper are motivated for pecuniary motives, the boko haram terrorism are motivated by religious fanaticism or simply sadism. Where kidnappers kill their victims, other motives and connections are usually sought.

In more saner climes, kidnappers would be termed 'criminals', while the boko haramist would be termed 'terrorists.' Thankfully, those that really matter are able to make the distinction, hence the different approach at dealing with the issue!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You start with name calling, and when a good measure is return to you, you run to the MOD pointing fingers. I hope the MODs see this.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Italiano1: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

That is where both of you are wrong, and indeed any other individual that subscribe to this pattern of thing. Get this straight, kidnapping for ransom malaise and boko haram terrorism are parallel; they barely meet. Whereas the kidnapper are motivated for pecuniary motives, the boko haram terrorism are motivated by religious fanaticism or simply sadism. Where kidnappers kill their victims, other motives and connections are usually sought.

In more saner climes, kidnappers would be termed criminal, while the boko haramist would be termed 'terrorist.' Thankfully, those that really matter are able to make the distinction, hence the different approach at dealing with the issue!

Look at this intellectual midget grin grin

You took my post and remixed it and came up with this BS

By the way no one is equating the two, the argument is that anyone that is intrinsically capable of kidnapping fellow human beings for whatever reason also has the propensity to become violent in our towns. Please use whatever term that will make you happy but it still does not negate her point.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

You start with name calling, and when a good measure is return to you, you run to the MOD pointing fingers. I hope the MODs see this.

When have I gone to the mods, esp 2 Ibo mods to complain about one ediotic Ibo boy?

Abeg, let them ban me again. Dryazz section nowadays with you ibo crybabbies crying to the mod for every little sour truth told to you.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ngwakwe: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
Is this sentence "go back to your village after investing millions" not a social terrorism in a country were the constitution is supreme?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

In more saner climes, kidnappers would be termed 'criminals', while the boko haramist would be termed 'terrorists.' Thankfully, those that really matter are able to make the distinction, hence the different approach at dealing with the issue!

So kidnapping and most times ending the life of another individual should not be classified as harmful and detrimental to a society as the butchering of an individual?

Clap clap. Congratulations. You earned yourself a talking hat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Budget:presidency 2 Spend Mor On State House Clinic Than All Teaching Hospitals / Juliet Ibekaku Rejects Ekweremadu’s Senatorial Victory / Nigeria’s New $6.9 Billion Foreign Loan Application – A Case Of Necessary Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.