Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos (1518 Views)

US Report On Igbos!!! Not Again / Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by eherbal(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2013
The claim that the igbo helped to develop Lagos
is hogwash. The major institutions of the south-
west were developed by the diligence, hard-
work, industry and sweat of the yoruba people.
This is a historical fact.

-Femi Fani - Kayode

8 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 04, 2013
I agree with him. We built our city! Heck, my great great grandpops still has a Victorian building standing tall in Lagos named after my ancestral name - the pic of the building is in my parents' living room. Can't post the name on here!

Off topic:

Why's this man into conspiracy theory? He must be an Alex Jones fan. grin

Anyway, the Rothschild family don't control the world - the family is just part of the "blue bloods" and the owners of the world. wink

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by eherbal(m): 7:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Nwa oguta: this mumu still dey a live?
please let's be matured and tact in our response. The mods appeal for moderation and respect for each others tribe should be on top priority. Together we can make it work......., https://www.nairaland.com/1383624/put-end-ethnic-rivalries-hostilities
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by Provie(m): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2013
Ok.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by tpia5: 7:50am On Aug 04, 2013
in this instance, disprove the points [if you can], not the personality.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by eherbal(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2013
Mods,please can we FP this to test run if your appeal and caveat have impacted on the tribal rascals on NL? Me inclusive grin
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by tpia5: 7:51am On Aug 04, 2013
as per rothschild, surely he's heard of them before?

conspiracy things.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by dridowu: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2013
100% true he said the truth
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by hardniola(m): 8:32am On Aug 04, 2013
now this tribalism is getting out of hand if FFk can tweet those thing meaning many big politician are on NL reading all tribal slur btw YORUBA nd IBO,this not gud for future generation
SHUN TRIBALISM pls.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by obitwo: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2013
FFK just made clear what I've always said and a lot of people have known all along - even a lot of elite Igbos

Igbo governors since 1999 had responsibility for developing their regions but they didn't

Ogun state's IGR is N4bn monthly which is three times higher than the highest IGR of any state in the SE

The GDP of Oyo state is higher than that of any SE state

The landmass of Oyo is as much as all the land masses of all the SE states (most of which is ravaged by erosion) combined

As for Lagos, seven different sectors dominate economic activities in Lagos State, led by manufacturing which, interestingly, contributes 29.60 percent of the state’s GDP figures. Road transport follows closely contributing an average of 26.47 percent of economic activities in the state. Other sectors in order of dominance include building and construction (19.60 percent); wholesale and retail (8.39 percent); telecommunications (3.71 percent); financial institutions (3.51 percent); and real estate (2.01 percent). The seven sectors account for 93.39 percent of economic activities in the state.

Yorubas control these sectors and have contributed the most to the development of the state. I don't know what the rationale of 'without Igbos Lagos will be nothing' stems from. Economically from the GDP figures, Igbos do not contribute more than 15% of the state's GDP as the only sectors they dominate constitutes less than 9% of the GDP. You can take a walk into any blue chip company in Lagos and you won't be surprised that Yorubas dominate. What does trading contribute really? The whole of the sector doesn't even make up to a tenth of the state's GDP and its not like all traders are Igbos. Go to Oke Arin and see Yoruba women that are worth millions of dollars, go to Alade, check out owners of large malls etc.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by seedord247(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2013
The money generated from cocoa in ibadan used in making southwest what is it today.

The first university in nigeria.. ibadan

First TV station in Africa..... Ibadan

Do you guys want more? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by eherbal(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2013
emmydeep: All these things unfolding is The APC AGENDA. Ive always said it, all these APC toothless bulldogs are evil.
Nigeria Was never one, is never one and will never be one. YORUBAS ARE VERRY UNGRATEFUL, TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.
can we please exercise some level of restraint and decorum please, we should be able to have discuss without resulting to ethnic bashing. We don't have to be slaves to our parents undoing.
Our generations ought to have gone past this tribal inequality. Let our old folks wallop in it, not us. We should be forging a vibrant United front that will have them hanging their heads in shame. I know the question of our ethnicity is inevitable, but we can address it devoid of hate and suspicion. I'm guilty of this too, but I'm turning a new leaf, after thinking it over deeply, and ironically reading OAM4Js and one other post for the need for us to bond with each other . There's a massive inter marriage between tribes nowadays than in any point of our history. Does this not mean anything to us? I've met some very very humble and honest Igbo men in my lifetime, so also the not so good. So is it with the yoruba man. A man is a man, A race is a race. Let's all foster in unity and face the major enemy, who are the political class, that are taking us to the gallows, piecemeal by piecemeal. Yes, let's direct our hatred and suspicion towards them, for truly, they are the enemy.
God Almighty bless the Nigerian youth and masses, AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 04, 2013
shymexx: I agree with him. We built our city! Heck, my great great grandpops still has a Victorian building standing tall in Lagos named after my ancestral name - the pic of the building is in my parents' living room. Can't post the name on here!

Off topic:

Why's this man into conspiracy theory? He must be an Alex Jones fan. grin

Anyway, the Rothschild family don't control the world - the family is just part of the "blue bloods" and the owners of the world. wink
Sorry not trying to insult ya ok but are you a descendant of the Creoles or Saros? If you are then there is a possibility you aren't yoruba. Sorry tongue
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by bloggernaija: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2013
I do not know where this "I developed Lagos" mentality came from.
We all know where the FCT Was when Lagos was the capital.
The small area around obalende where you have federal ministry buildings and many Lagos state institutions
The 19 state liaison offices in Victoria island. That is about it.
The rest were under the Lagos state government and to this day , the capital remain at IKEJA .
What did the federal government add to Lagos ,
1Third mainland bridge is the most notable which the state could have done without with proper planning.
2 the expansion of ikorodu road and the Lagos -badagry express way(federal roads)
3the unkempt national stadium ,national art theatre , festac town ,

Even these cannot be claimed as a privilege based on the sheer amount of revenues the federal government has been collecting in the SW.even many federal institutions like power sector are unviable without latching on to the revenues generated in the SW the southwest earns her keep. Only the SS contributes more for the federal government
The universities ,schools,Lagos island, hospital,Most of the roads,bridges,water plants,industrial estates were built by the AG

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by aljharem(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
More Lagosians should wake up
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by drnoel: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
sometimes this man blows hot and sometimes he blows cold like a woman in her menstrual cycle, he must be manic-depressive,........am not saying women are crazy shs but una sabi wetin i mean
Re: Femi Fani-kayode's Take On Igbos Development Of Lagos by remarkD(m): 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
so if someone says that Tpia being intelligent is a hog-wash.... you'll call that a "point"?

and if the person that said it has earlier stated emphatically (and believes) that goats can fly or that yorubas are brave... wouldn't that mean sensible and rational minds should not take anything he says seriously.... especially when making blanket statements?

Did I hear he is a lawyer? sure he knows (and any sensible or rational person) that the credibility of a witness or anyone in a court proceeding is always a factor in determining how serious to take the persons testimony...

tpia@:
in this instance, disprove the points [if you can], not the personality.

(1) (Reply)

Ijo,edo, Yoruba, Igbo... And The Massacre Of Nations / President Jonathan Set To Appoint Chief Raymond Dokpesi As New Chief Of Staff / US Ambassador To Nigeria Visits Emir Of Kano: James Entwistle In Closed Door Mee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.