Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools (20933 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Photo News:osun Huge Model Schools : Shoes Have Sizes!!! / One Of Governor Amaech's Model Schools In Ebubu, Eleme Local Government Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Abagworo(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2013
It is no easy fit and is highly commendable. Schools are better than roads and that is why I score Amaechi high and now Imo joins the queue. 120 schools in 2years means an average of 1 school per week. With the target being 305, it means there's and outstanding 185.

“As a matter of fact, this government has awarded a total of 180 road contracts for various streets in Owerri. If you are also conversant with the geography of Owerri, you will find there is what I will call this imaginary divide between the New Owerri and the Old Owerri. The Old Owerri has streets like Wethdral Road, Douglas Road, Royce Road and so on. The New Owerri is where you have the Concord Hotel and other hotels that have sprang up there in recent years.
If you want to go to the New Owerri from the Old Owerri, you have to go to where we call the Port Harcourt Road or the Assumpta Cathedral…. and then head towards Owerri, whereas the  distance between the New Owerri and the Old Owerri is less than 200 metres. But this part of town is divided by a River called Nworie. You find that over the years this Nworie River criss-crosses most of Owerri and divides the New Owerri from the Old Owerri… Yet nobody had thought of making any connection between them. It’s to the credit of this present government that that connection has been made. As we speak, two bridges have been constructed across Nworie such that the journey you have to do in what I consider as circuitous manner before  ….you can now do across Nworie and that will not be more than 300 metres,” he informed with pride.
Source of bottleneck
“If you’re also conversant with Owerri, you find that if you coming into Owerri from Aba, you have to get into Emmanuel College. It’s from here that you now head to Douglas Road, Wethdral Road so on and so forth. And that has always been a source of bottleneck if you’re coming in from Aba. What this government did, and this was accomplished within its first 12 months in office, was to construct a bye-pass so that if you’re coming from Aba, you can cut off the Emmanuel College axis of the town and get into Wethdral Road ….This has significantly alleviated the traffic crisis in the area.
“We’re also in the process of providing the basic ring roads around Owerri. This was something that was started by the previous government, but we’re improving on this and doing so fast. That ring road will start from Onitsha road, to Orlu Road and then to Okigwe road. That road is estimated at about five kilometres and it will be completed before December”.
Floods
One of the greatest challenges we have in Owerri is the issue of floods. The erosion challenge in Owerri is as bad as what you have in Anambra and some other South East states but this has not been really brought to the attention of the public. If you go to area of Owerri called Works Layout, virtually every street that area over the years have been ravaged by erosion. The Hardel and Enic Estate owned by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, which has well over 40 buildings, have literally been abandoned by the occupants because of flood. But as we speak today, around the Works Layout area, we have adopted a programme called Operation Rescue Works Layout. We’re constructing a seven-kilometre  road with drains. And hopefully this road will be ready in the next four to six weeks.
The road infrastructure revolution is not limited to Owerri, he said. Okigwe and Orlu are also scenes of massive road construction or reconstruction. “If you go to Orlu, it has witnessed massive infrastructural transformation. Most of the streets in Orlu are today   dual carriage ways. And even as we speak, the government of Owelle Rochas Okorocha is dualising the road from Orlu town to Akokwa moving toward Anambra State,” he stated.
Another area of concern to government, according to Mr Oparandudu, is education. In fact, he waxed most passionately eloquent while speaking on this.
“Government is building 305  model secondary schools, out of which as we speak, we have completed 120 of them. The plan is that before the middle of next year, the final 305 schools would have been constructed.  So, we are providing one of these schools in each of the 305 wards in Imo State,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/why-we-embarked-on-infrastructure-revolution-in-imo-nick-oparandudu/

8 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by braine(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2013
Good. Later, dem hypocrites will say Rochas is not working. Please how do I say “Imo o ni baje” in Ibo?
It doesn't matter how slow development is, so far its moving forward.

15 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by seanet02: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2013
Okorocha all the way.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Lordjunta(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2013
Pls we ar no longer kids here,any report or claim without any action pictures is as good as a Biology teaching without illustrations,history without dates. Rochas played into d hand of Gen. Buhari in 2003 and he was taught a red letter lesson. Now he has once again played into d hands of d combined Evil of Buhari and Tinubu. I weep for him. He wants to be president of Ogboko abi? Time wil tell.

16 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Abagworo(m): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lordjunta: Whr ar d images? Apart from d sch at WITHDRAL road.

So you expect to see 120 images. Maybe someone around Aladinma should help us snap the one at Aladinma. I have seen up to 20 with my own eyes though.

5 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow nice job by rochas yet some silly people would claim that this man hasn't done anything in the state. Time will tell. God bless rochas, God bless apc, God bless Imo. Next up Anambra by November.

NNO and their propaganda will never succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Onyegecha(f): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
You guys are just deceiving yourselves, not Imo people who are on ground. Where are these schools located? Rochas can only deceive himself and a few gullible people who are still dancing and clapping long after the music has ended. We need good education, good health care, good roads, good systems and structures that we can see, feel and use, not the ones we only get to see on the pages of newspapers, AIT and on Nairaland. Abagworo, can't you for once in your life say something objective that will help Imo state to progress? Haba!

6 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
The whole article was about owerri.

I'm gonna snap the almost completed school close to my house tomorrow.

Sorry about the picture quality , I had to crop, due to nairaland's 200kb limitation.

1 Like

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by BabaAlabi: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
No pictures means it did not happen.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by taharqa2: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
And a large chunck of these schools wud have bn built with FG's 50% UBEC Counterpact fund... Can't just undastand why many State Govts wud not just acknowlege this. It took a long time and lots of arguments b4 Baba Oshio grundgely admitted the contribution of UBEC funding in most of d schools he is renovating/rebuiding in Edo State (and he has done a pretty impressive job so far)!!..... Anyways, congrats to d people of Imo, and God bless Okorocha and others pushing this

5 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imanuelle: The whole article was about owerri.

I'm gonna snap the almost completed school close to my house tomorrow.
That would be nice, can you give us okorocha's performance level since you reside in imo
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by CyberG: 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
If true, it's good news for Imolites and a positive record for the APC.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Abagworo(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
Onyegecha: You guys are just deceiving yourselves, not Imo people who are on ground. Where are these schools located? Rochas can only deceive himself and a few gullible people who are still dancing and clapping long after the music has ended. We need good education, good health care, good roads, good systems and structures that we can see, feel and use, not the ones we only get to see on the pages of newspapers, AIT and on Nairaland. Abagworo, can't you for once in your life say something objective that will help Imo state to progress? Haba!

Mention any other State government that has built up to 100 schools in the past 8years apart from Rivers State. If you live in Owerri, I just told you of the one at Aladinma. Go there and check if it has been completed and if so snap it and show us here.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by chino11(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
Cut the grammar and show us pictures.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Obiagelli:
That would be nice, can you give us okorocha's performance level since you reside in imo

actually, I just visited the village,
I'm from mbaise , the things that are of note are, a round about, built at ahiara junction, but since it's on a federal road, then I believe it's got little or nothing to do with the governor.

The primary school is the only change I have noticed in my village so far, alongside the flagging off of a road construction from afor-ogbe to aba.
however, all the trucks and machines have since disappeared after the flag off.

As for owerri, I think it it neater, there's a junction that cuts accross wetheral and bank road, another monumental round about has been erected there.

Douglas road may never change, probably due to the market there. it's both dirty and always a no go area if you are driving.

These are the few things I've observed in my short stay. I may not know about policies and other things, I definitely cannot see the whole of the state , but I've just explained my day to day observations.

Updated with Pictures

as at the time of this post, the truck wasn't there, but by the time I went back to take pictures, the truck came in.

Some security guys also.

However, it is obvious that this is a federal project.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
This was the class block that was being used while ohakim was in office, it was so messed Up until UBE intervened with 2 classroom blocks and a staff room.

Below it is the recent one by rochas .

It's just 2 blocks.

A total of 12 classrooms altogether.

And still UNDER CONSTRUCTION! !

1 Like

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imanuelle:

actually, I just visited the village,
I'm from mbaise , the things that are of note are, a round about, built at ahiara junction, but since it's on a federal road, then I believe it's got little or nothing to do with the governor.

The primary school is the only change I have noticed in my village so far, alongside the flagging off of a road construction from afor-ogbe to aba.
however, all the trucks and machines have since disappeared after the flag off.

As for owerri, I think it it neater, there's a junction that cuts accross wetheral and bank road, another monumental round about has been erected there.

Douglas road may never change, probably due to the market there. it's both dirty and always a no go area if you are driving.

These are the few things I've observed in my short stay. I may not know about policies and other things, I definitely cannot see the whole of the state , but I've just explained my day to day observations.
Oh thanks, I have been in imo in the last 2yrs but we have been get conflicting reports about the governor expecially since he declared for Apc. Pls do try to find out from the locals there. Once again thanks
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
I think this is another propaganda by Gov. Okorocha.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
hahaha. shocked is an understatement. First good news coming from that part of the country in a long time.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by damosky12(m): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Winners72(m): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
This is my man any time any day! Enemies can say wat they like
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
120 new schools?, I wonder y I feel the Governors impact online then find my self amazingly embarrassed on-Land in imo State.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Oildichotomy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
If those roads in Owerri could be called roads the Beverly Osu is a virgin.
I can pass for the schools and some irrelevant aesthetics along the other section of Orlu road off Assumpta but not those roads plzzz
Check the contractors and their cheap materials.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by sCun: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Rochas can be sure of Igbo's full support when he gets APC's presidential ticket. Until that happens, he remains on a long thing. People shouldn't rubbish his achievements because of his affiliation with APC though.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by LagosBoi2(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote
author=Scun]Rochas can be sure of Igbo's full support when he gets
APC's presidential ticket. Until that happens, he remains on a long
thing. People shouldn't rubbish his achievements because of his
affiliation with APC though.[/quote]

give honor to whom honor is due to.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by owolabifunke14(f): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Impressive
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by somegirl1: 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
Why leave important issues and tackle the easier ones? Electricity and roads are key in order to encourage investment.
What's education without the hope of a means of livelihood after graduation?

5 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by OCTAVO: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai / United Kingdom Congratulates Soludo, Hails INEC / Nigerian Couple Arrested With Drugs In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.