Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket (3079 Views)

Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning / 21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Lagos-Anambra Crisis Ben Akabueze Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by bushwailo: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Unconfirmed Insider Reports have revealed that there are on-going talks within APC officials on a possible governorship ticket for the upcoming Anambra state Guber elections which will see Senator Chris Ngige (Senator Anambra Central) running under the flag of APC with Mr Ben Akubueze (Honourable Commissioner Lagos State Government) as Deputy.
An Idea was also mooted which will see the office of the Deputy Governor encompass the duties of Planning, Budgeting and Investments.
Speaking to one of the stakeholders, it was disclosed that a group top Anambra Professionals are working on a grand strategic plan which would see a quick turnaround in the economic fortunes of the stage which has suffered over the past few years under the Government of Governor Peter Obi and APGA. According to the said official, Governor Peter Obi took over a state which was one of the fastest growing states in terms of infrastructure and other socio-economic factors and turned it to one “Big Village”.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by nwabobo: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
I don't envy Ngige at the moment. Fashola's act of deportation has made a hard job even harder for him.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by bloggernaija: 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ben akubueze is a formidable person(brains)
In fact, any lagosian would pray that this news is false.
These are the kind of proven performers I like to see in government.
If this guy ever gets close to government,expect anambra to give rivers a run for the money
But , will they be given a chance?
I do not know how much mileage the substance of the person can buy in the east
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
I hope people will be able to see that Obi is trying to use the 'Deportation' issue to cover his own shortcomings. He is playing a very dangerous and risky tribal game that may be injurious to the whole of the nation.

I just hope that common sense prevail at the end.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by CyberG: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
I hear Akabueze has been working in Fasholas government for a while. He must be smart and know his onions and well mannered to jell with such levelheaded government of Lagos SW. If he will be discriminated in his iboland, let him better stay in Lagos and not let the perpetual bigots in his homeland derail his career. Let them vote on the usual indices of emotion and bigotry - as they lay their bed so will they lie on it.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by CyberG: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
nwabobo: I don't envy Ngige at the moment. Fashola's act of deportation has made a hard job even harder for him.

Excuses and more excuses! Who do you think is fooled by your excuses? You people hated the APC long before the deportation of ibos, looooonnngggg before elections were up in Anambra, would rather not elect leaders and parties that have solved real problems in Nigeria because the foundation ideologues were birthed far away from iboland so your empty excuse fools no one. Ngige probably knows this already, but you think highlighting the lies of deportation by obi could buy the sentiments and emotions of ibos to not seen the failure of obi as governor and his APga party.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by ACM10: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
bushwailo: Unconfirmed Insider Reports have revealed that there are on-going talks within APC officials on a possible governorship ticket for the upcoming Anambra state Guber elections which will see Senator Chris Ngige (Senator Anambra Central) running under the flag of APC with Mr Ben Akubueze (Honourable Commissioner Lagos State Government) as Deputy.
hahahaha, Tinubu's appointee wants to take over Anambra. What a joke! This combination is dead on arrival. Gosh! I never knew that Ngige is this dumb.

An Idea was also mooted which will see the office of the Deputy Governor encompass the duties of Planning, Budgeting and Investments.
Speaking to one of the stakeholders, it was disclosed that a group top Anambra Professionals are working on a grand strategic plan which would see a quick turnaround in the economic fortunes of the stage which has suffered over the past few years under the Government of Governor Peter Obi and APGA. According to the said official, Governor Peter Obi took over a state which was one of the fastest growing states in terms of infrastructure and other socio-economic factors and turned it to one “Big Village”.
Why is Lagos economy still in doldrums after Ben Akubueze's midas touch? These guys are buncha jokers. Anambrarians don't swallow shlt. They will soon find out. I can't believe that Ngige has been so detached from the reality in Anambra state. He can't feel the pulse of Anambrarians anymore. He will soon learn that all politics are local.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by masu: 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
ibos will not be so foolish to allow 3 political party in their midst.
they already have APGA and PDP, 1 regional part and 1 national party.
for me its ok if they ever try more one new national party they will be divided into voiceless.

if APGA can win more states in the east the better for the ibos
something like 3 local party and 2 national
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by wordcat(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote
author=CyberG]I hear Akabueze has been working in Fasholas government
for a while. He must be smart and know his onions and well mannered to
jell with such levelheaded government of Lagos SW. If he will be
discriminated in his iboland, let him better stay in Lagos and not let
the perpetual bigots in his homeland derail his career. Let them vote on
the usual indices of emotion and bigotry - as they lay their bed so
will they lie on it.[/quote]
:
come & vote for them
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by eagleeye2: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
Let's assume for a second that this "deportation" saga did not happen. What makes Ngige think that Ben will be the right running mate. So Anambara people will have to accept Tinubu's stooge as there deputy. SMH.
As someone already said, all politics are local.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by masu: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
now I know why the very first point in fasholas defense is about Anambra Election. bible says "wherever a mans wealth is, there his mind will be" tinubu/fashola have been investing in Ngige cum Ben Akubeze, but why not Joe Igbokwe?hahaha

Igbos should watch Tinubu well bcus he is about installing God son in Anambra the way he did to Osun,Oyo and ekiti.

if he succeds then ibo tribe is destroyed.

tinubu should consult his history book bcus NGIGE is too sturbon to use like that those that tried it b4 failed.
tinubu cant be deferent. but the whole thing is not about enslaving NGIGE but 1)to deny ibos a credible chances in APC.
2)TO deny GEJ winning of Anambra in 2015. so its all about strategy though other selfish interest are still involved.

The political career of NGIGE IS dead in iboland. I know it the time he went on a romance with Tinubu/ACN.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by touch4mony: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA: I hope people will be able to see that Obi is trying to use the 'Deportation' issue to cover his own shortcomings. He is playing a very dangerous and risky tribal game that may be injurious to the whole of the nation.

I just hope that common sense prevail at the end.
so when fashola deported this igbos common sense was not in the market to buy,nigeria where everything is politics and he nvr tot it wise to think b4 acting.anyway common sense is not common.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by Randerl: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
CyberG: I hear Akabueze has been working in Fasholas government for a while. He must be smart and know his onions and well mannered to jell with such levelheaded government of Lagos SW. If he will be discriminated in his iboland, let him better stay in Lagos and not let the perpetual bigots in his homeland derail his career. Let them vote on the usual indices of emotion and bigotry - as they lay their bed so will they lie on it.

500 Likes
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
CyberG: I hear Akabueze has been working in Fasholas government for a while. He must be smart and know his onions and well mannered to jell with such levelheaded government of Lagos SW. If he will be discriminated in his iboland, let him better stay in Lagos and not let the perpetual bigots in his homeland derail his career. Let them vote on the usual indices of emotion and bigotry - as they lay their bed so will they lie on it.
But see thats the problem. They wont lay on their own beds after neglecting to lay it properly ( or after laying it all messed up), they'll instead try to lie on the bed of others who took the time to smoothen the sheets, fluff their pillows, and smoothen the edges.

Oh, plus they wont mind telling you where to place your bed lamp because thats how they used to do it in their own bedroom.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by Asoozy: 11:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Would Anambrans really cut their nose to spot their faces?

I sure hope not. Do not for your hatred of APC throw a good man away. You might just live to regret it just as Nigeria is regretting Jonathan now.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by ACM10: 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
^^

What makes Ngige better than Dora Akunyili, Uche Ekwunife, Prof. Soludo and the rest? You guys are too arrogant. You think that you can coerce Anambra electorate into voting for Ngige? Ngige has met his dead end politically. Fashola's actions is not doing Ngige any good. His opponents are watching. Apart from Peter Obi, PDP clique will pounce on this opportunity to discredit him as APC/Yoruba stooge. Mimiko used this strategy with a measurable success. How do you think that the same strategy will fail in Igbo heartland? Fashola should reserve a portfolio for Ngige in his administration. He will soon join Joe Igbokwe and Akubueze.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by Onlytruth(m): 5:54am On Aug 05, 2013
ACM10: ^^

What makes Ngige better than Dora Akunyili, Uche Ekwunife, Prof. Soludo and the rest? You guys are too arrogant. You think that you can coerce Anambra electorate into voting for Ngige? Ngige has met his dead end politically. Fashola's actions is not doing Ngige any good. His opponents are watching. Apart from Peter Obi, PDP clique will pounce on this opportunity to discredit him as APC/Yoruba stooge. Mimiko used this strategy with a measurable success. How do you think that the same strategy will fail in Igbo heartland? Fashola should reserve a portfolio for Ngige in his administration. He will soon join Joe Igbokwe and Akubueze.

lol
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by adconline(m): 7:02am On Aug 05, 2013
Randerl:

500 Likes
What career? He ran AFrican Continental Bank aground before he was picked by Tinubu. Tinubu N Fashola resurrected his career
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by chatterly: 8:45am On Aug 05, 2013
Mr Ben Akabueze was the Managing director of NAL Merchant bank (one of the first merchant banks in this country)over fifteen years ago.he was one of the few bank MDs that were not indicted during the first bank consolidation in 2005,he has been a commisioner in Lagos state since tinubus second term in officei.e he has been a commisioner in Government even before Fashola.
adconline:
What career? He ran AFrican Continental Bank aground before he was picked by Tinubu. Tinubu N Fashola resurrected his career
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2013

I thought I was the only one that noticed the disgusting deceit and arrogance. Of the plethora of prominent and accomplished candidates jostling for the Anambra governorship, these hypocrites gleefully insinuate that Ngige is the "best" - merely because he belongs to the APC?

I can't wait for the election campaigns to start in earnest. It should be interesting to see the kind of reception the likes of Fashola and Tinubu would receive when they show up in Onitsha (with their foul stench of bigotry and ethnocentrism) to campaign for Ngige.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by Kulas: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2013
Ngige is a man i respect,but this Alhaji Peoples Congress he want to fly their ticket may cost him this election.I once mentioned that if Anambrarians dont want to honour zoning by allowing Anambra North to have a taste of government house,then Ngige can be supported only if he can change party,not the Alhaji party.More than 85 percent of Ndigbo dont want APC,and Ngige failed to read handwritting on the wall.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by bashydemy(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2013
masu: now I know why the very first point in fasholas defense is about Anambra Election. bible says "wherever a mans wealth is, there his mind will be" tinubu/fashola have been investing in Ngige cum Ben Akubeze, but why not Joe Igbokwe?hahaha

Igbos should watch Tinubu well bcus he is about installing God son in Anambra the way he did to Osun,Oyo and ekiti.

if he succeds then ibo tribe is destroyed.

tinubu should consult his history book bcus NGIGE is too sturbon to use like that those that tried it b4 failed.
tinubu cant be deferent. but the whole thing is not about enslaving NGIGE but 1)to deny ibos a credible chances in APC.
2)TO deny GEJ winning of Anambra in 2015. so its all about strategy though other selfish interest are still involved.

The political career of NGIGE IS dead in iboland. I know it the time he went on a romance with Tinubu/ACN.
Quoting the bold, and still he defeated your so call Akinyuli of APGA after is career is dead. Oga wake up from your slumber abeg.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by MrAboki: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2013
bloggernaija: Ben akubueze is a formidable person(brains)
In fact, any lagosian would pray that this news is false.
These are the kind of proven performers I like to see in government.
If this guy ever gets close to government,expect anambra to give rivers a run for the money
But , will they be given a chance?
I do not know how much mileage the substance of the person can buy in the east

Where and how did he prove himself?!

No be for mouth again o!!

na action sure pass..
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by bashydemy(m): 11:47am On Aug 05, 2013

Oga sorry Ngige is tested and trusted candidate that have rule that state for 3yrs and deleiver even more than peter obi 8yrs. if your selfishness and hatred wont make you see this its your cup of tea. No wonder your people keep running away since your region and state is not developed. Beside Ngige is still the Senator representing his district and have have that seat if Anambrarian decide to vote base on hatred but his people from his constituency will still support him no matter what.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by tpia5: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2013
Is that the reason for the situation on ground?
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by bushwailo: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
bashy_demy: Quoting the bold, and still he defeated your so call Akinyuli of APGA after is career is dead. Oga wake up from your slumber abeg.
Can't you see he's another delusional MASSOB member, still in a state of war ?
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by asha80(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
bashy_demy: Oga sorry Ngige is tested and trusted candidate that have rule that state for 3yrs and deleiver even more than peter obi 8yrs. if your selfishness and hatred wont make you see this its your cup of tea. No wonder your people keep running away since your region and state is not developed. Beside Ngige is still the Senator representing his district and have have that seat if Anambrarian decide to vote base on hatred but his people from his constituency will still support him no matter what.
the person you are quoting is(or was) actually a strong ngige supporter.check his previous posts at least 40 posts back.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket by bloggernaija: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
ACM10:
hahahaha, Tinubu's appointee wants to take over Anambra. What a joke! This combination is dead on arrival. Gosh! I never knew that Ngige is this dumb.

Why is Lagos economy still in doldrums after Ben Akubueze's midas touch? These guys are buncha jokers. Anambrarians don't swallow shlt. They will soon find out. I can't believe that Ngige has been so detached from the reality in Anambra state. He can't feel the pulse of Anambrarians anymore. He will soon learn that all politics are local.

What do you know about economics and economic management. Pulling bullcrap out of your a...hole
Lagos has been growing at a rate of 10% (same rate as china during the Chinese miracle) for the past 4 years .outpacing the national economy and the other states.
Lagos budget has a recurrent to capital ratio of 40:60 last year and 45:55 this year.that is a healthy budget to sustain growth .the federal government run 80:20( economic mismanagement) under GEJ destroying the 60:40 bequeathed by OBJ.
Is this information even presently available via apga . My guess is NO because your governors are robbing you blind

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This / Gallant Soldiers Finally Enter Sambisa Forest To Flush Out The Boko Haram / BREAKING NEWS: David Mark Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.