Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389127 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Obummalachy(m): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=omode2][/quote]
yeah
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 8:41am On Dec 04, 2013
Mftivi: Name five of your existing or expected top
customers, How will you attract these customers
to your point of sale?
I need more explanation of this question. my customers are established business and services in Nigeria.
do I write their names one by one? I hope someone understands my question
You are expected to write the kind of people that will need ur product/services mostly. For instance,you produce biro n books, ur expected customers are Students,Schools,Corporate organizations,NGO ,Government etc Those dat mostly need ur product or service and those that will definetely patronize u.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2013
newacca:
You are expected to write the kind of people that will need ur product/services mostly. For instance,you produce biro n books, ur expected customers are Students,Schools,Corporate organizations,NGO ,Government etc Those dat mostly need ur product or service and those that will definetely patronize u.
I must confess that question left me a little stumped too. Say I sell to retailers and also retail my products myself, who then do I list as my top 5 customers....my retailers or end users?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 9:27am On Dec 04, 2013
Tayeni: I must confess that question left me a little stumped too. Say I sell to retailers and also retail my products myself, who then do I list as my top 5 customers....my retailers or end users?
The question is based on who are the kind of customers that mostly need the kind of product you retail.
If you retail seasoning,fish,pepper,rice then your top customers will be Restaurant,Women,Hostel,Caterers. You see they are in different categories. Restaurants need your product for their kitchen, Women need ur product for domestic cooking, hostel need ur product for cooking for hostel students, Caterers need your product for preparing dishes for outdoor events.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Xone3(f): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2013
Pls, what is meant by localised presence or distributor network
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mkmyers45(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2013
am i the only one who feels 50 words is too small?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mkmyers45(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2013
Anyway 3/10....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 04, 2013
mkmyers45: am i the only one who feels 50 words is too small?
It is just perfect.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mkmyers45(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2013
blink182: It is just perfect.

depends on the business....seems largely limiting, also the questions about potential customers should actually be about market and segmentation in market.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2013
mkmyers45:

depends on the business....seems largely limiting, also the questions about potential customers should actually be about market and segmentation in market.
fifty words is ok. Considering the number of candidates. It forces you to be straight to the point without rambling on. Just state your concept succinctly with appropriate words.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 04, 2013
Tayeni: fifty words is ok. Considering the number of candidates. It forces you to be straight to the point without rambling on. Just state your concept succinctly with appropriate words.
Thank you, you totally get the purpose of it all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tingle22(f): 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
pls i am interested in the youwin program. i am writing my proposal right away. pls send me the questions for the first stage to my email: chinnybekwe@gmail.com. thanks in advance
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Tingle22: pls i am interested in the youwin program. i am writing my proposal right away. pls send me the questions for the first stage to my email: chinnybekwe@gmail.com. thanks in advance
lipsrsealed grin angry
As in, are u serious?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
newacca:
lipsrsealed grin angry
As in, are u serious?
you got time to waste.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
What criteria is used to select applicants through the second stage?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability?

Does it mean break-even point per month?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
newacca: What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability?

Does it mean break-even point per month?

any amount above your production cost and salaries results in profitability.

If your monthly cost is 50k, 51k puts you in profitability of 1k. Solving the maths is a bit complex but this is basically it.

I hope you know how to sum your production cost.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
mkmyers45:

ignore the complexities and just list potential customers.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
mkmyers45: am i the only one who feels 50 words is too small?

Yes, but it helps in controlling my story cheesy.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
blink182: any amount above your production cost and salaries results in profitability.

If your monthly cost is 50k, 51k puts you in profitability of 1k. Solving the maths is a bit complex but this is basically it.

Is it basically per month or depends on what the company chooses (like per year, quarterly, or monthly).
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chizzybee: 5:27am On Dec 05, 2013
Mine is a service biz. Have problems with structuring the productn cost to get expected sales and profitability? Can anyone help?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 05, 2013
Promhize:

Is it basically per month or depends on what the company chooses (like per year, quarterly, or monthly).
the question is asking for monthly profitability so you make your calculations based on monthly analysis.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 05, 2013
chizzybee: Mine is a service biz. Have problems with structuring the productn cost to get expected sales and profitability? Can anyone help?
your sales is based on assumption. So if your service is a car wash and you assume you can wash 10 cars daily @ N500 each, your monthly sales should be N5000 * 24 days =N120,000.

Production cost for this business is whatever amount you have to spend monthly to keep the business going; salaries, contingencies, soap, water, rent etc.

Any form of machinery purchased is fixed capital and not recurrent, only figures from your recurrent list makes production cost.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2013
blink182: any amount above your production cost and salaries results in profitability.

Thx 4 d response. I've actually figured out my production cost and I've known how much profit. The question seems logical to me grin As par the 'must' included in d question. Is it putting me in a position of targeted goal(profit) or d question is just to knw my break-even point. Cos me wan add my cash break-even point+only 1k. Cos any amount above my BEP puts me in a profit position.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 05, 2013
newacca:
Thx 4 d response. I've actually figured out my production cost and I've known how much profit. The question seems logical to me grin As par the 'must' included in d question. Is it putting me in a position of targeted goal(profit) or d question is just to knw my break-even point. Cos me wan add my break-even point+only 1k. Cos any amount above my BEP puts me in a profit position.
exactly, I'm personally willing to pull out only my salary which is included in cost. If you calculate your production cost properly, even N5 above it is profit.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ikanason(m): 9:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Blink182 pls can u send me ur email, i want to discuss something with u. Mine is ikanason@yahoo.com or u can send it to my number 08032761132. Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2013
ikanason: Blink182 pls can u send me ur email, i want to discuss something with u. Mine is ikanason@yahoo.com or u can send it to my number 08032761132. Thanks
I sent you a personal message.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by trillville(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2013
blink182: your sales is based on assumption. So if your service is a car wash and you assume you can wash 10 cars daily @ N500 each, your monthly sales should be N5000 * 24 days =N120,000.

Production cost for this business is whatever amount you have to spend monthly to keep the business going; salaries, contingencies, soap, water, rent etc.

Any form of machinery purchased is fixed capital and not recurrent, only figures from your recurrent list makes production cost.

Thanks for all the help. God will certainly reward you IJN.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 05, 2013
trillville:

Thanks for all the help. God will certainly reward you IJN.
Amen, I need prayers now more than any other thing.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 11:42am On Dec 05, 2013
blink182: Amen, I need prayers now more than any other thing.

Abeg put me for the prayer too...Thank you in advance
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2013
fagin1982:

Abeg put me for the prayer too...Thank you in advance
Lol
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jtenna: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hi everyone! I pray dat as we all try to better our lives tru gainful self employment, dat God will have mercy on us and see us tru. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen. Pls my question is, can a graduate apply? And must it be agro-based. I checked out past winners, most are agro-base proposals. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.