Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (387768 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
4tunebest: The God who helped me to write the business plan myself, will help me to excel in the interview.
AMEN
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eetua: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
drogba: does this mean all 6000 were invited for interview? which means the real stage 2 screening is the interview in august? dia ris God oo!

Not evrybody was selected, i was sent a mail titled Notification of non selection... One of my friend got it too... Ill advice everyone to go check their mail box...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
I just got their mail for selection too. D Lord who led us thus far will lead us on
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omoola007(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
I was not selected either. Very disappointed. Congrats to all those that were successful. wish you the best and please take advantage of this very special opportunity.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
I was selected! Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eetua: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
neksummi: I was selected! Thank God.

Congrats..

I was not selected, but my sister was selected.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
I got a notification of non-selection. I congratulate all those selected and I wish them the very best. Let's meet at the top. smiley
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
4tunebest: The God who helped me to write the business plan myself, will help me to excel in the interview.
Amen.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
newacca: I got a notification of non-selection. I congratulate all those selected and I wish them the very best. Let's meet at the top. smiley

it is well bro, I'm sure you will get there. mine was selected but my sister's wasn't
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by johnugwu: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
congrats to all those selected. i was not selected but i am determined to pursue my dreams since i was made to register the business name.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
I do believe I had stated it very clearly here why people were made to register business names. This is the time to start looking out for other sources of funding. Strike deals. Get in partners (from within and outside). It is better to have 10% of something than 100% of nothing. Many of the world's billionaires are not single owners of their companies.

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ejike68: 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
My biz plan was not selected.Congrats to those that scaled through.It's time to move on.I won't allow all that I learnt at the biz training to waste.It's time to look for alternative sources of funding.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by krisoboi(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
medoty:
Yes. That one is for the Presidential awardees. But this one is for all.
Youwin final stage result is out. CONGRATULATIONS to those who got the award and hard lock to does who did not.
But I have one question. Why did dey ask all to go register their biz when they kw the award is not meant for all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
CoolKizzy:

it is well bro, I'm sure you will get there. mine was selected but my sister's wasn't
Congrats bro. I wish you the very best in your endeavour. Keep calm and beautify people. smiley
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by krisoboi(m): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! To those who were selected and
To does who were not dis is not the end of the road. I was
Not select aswell. But it hurts, this is in human, when they
Knew dey have no enuff rooms to accommodate all why
Did they ask all to Go register their biz name.
I see no justice in this, some of us have to hustle to get
That money for the registration and now they send
( non-selection) this is nonsense!!!!!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by naughtylagosguy(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
stagger: I do believe I had stated it very clearly here why people were made to register business names. This is the time to start looking out for other sources of funding. Strike deals. Get in partners (from within and outside). It is better to have 10% of something than 100% of nothing. Many of the world's billionaires are not single owners of their companies.

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toastmagazinenigeria: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thank God. Got the selection email too. Not too happy tho...my 3other friends weren't selected

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Congrats to dose of us selected and all the thanks to God our Creator alone. To those not selected, just say 'may God bless ours for us' and He shall do sth bigger and better for u too very soon. Yes, very soon by His grace.

Now I have questions. Is it that those of us that got d email now are d ones in the final list of 1200 or is it that they selected more than that from which they will select d final 1200? because my email reads 'NOTIFICATION OF SELECTION FOR YouWiN INTERVIEW'. Can someone who is sure clarify this from any past winner pls? because I'm still a little bit sceptical o.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Omaobe: Congrats to dose of us selected and all the thanks to God our Creator alone. To those not selected, just say 'may God bless ours for us' and He shall do sth bigger and better for u too very soon. Yes, very soon by His grace.

Now I have questions. Is it that those of us that got d email now are d ones in the final list of 1200 or is it that they selected more than that from which they will select d final 1200? because my email reads 'NOTIFICATION OF SELECTION FOR YouWiN INTERVIEW'. Can someone who is sure clarify this from any past winner pls? because I'm still a little bit sceptical o.

Like I said earlier, this is a YouWIN first. I think they have used the experiences of the 2 programs where many awardees are still struggling despite the cash injections, as well as the known fact of people having others write their proposals or fronting for others to come up with the idea where you come to defend your proposal, the way it is done on Dragons Den.

Therefore, it is very likely that many people will be dropped. But the 1,200 figure will be maintained when awards are announced.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
I received the email notification for the interview as well!
Congrats to all invited.
To everyone that has been through the whole Youwin! 3 process (successful or not) to date, good luck going forward in your business ventures (proposed or existing) as well as in raising alternative and/or additional funds!
May Allah make it easy for us all, Amin

Omaobe: Congrats to dose of us selected and all the thanks to God our Creator alone. To those not selected, just say 'may God bless ours for us' and He shall do sth bigger and better for u too very soon. Yes, very soon by His grace.
Good question, which I will like answered as well.
However, whichever way, I''l be preparing for the interview to discuss/defend my business plan.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
stagger:

Like I said earlier, this is a YouWIN first. I think they have used the experiences of the 2 programs where many awardees are still struggling despite the cash injections, as well as the known fact of people having others write their proposals or fronting for others to come up with the idea where you come to defend your proposal, the way it is done on Dragons Den.

Therefore, it is very likely that many people will be dropped. But the 1,200 figure will be maintained when awards are announced.

You do have a valid point!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Congratulations to all of us because there's no looser here. But this one is a little deviation from YouWiN 1 & 2 where by now we will congratulated and asked to come for validation exercise and we will be called Provisional Awardees/winners. But I believe the almighty Allah that see us through the first and second stages will also see us through this interview. Once again congratulations to all us for coming this far.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
eetua:
Congrats..
I was not selected, but my sister was selected.

Thanks.

My younger brother wasn't selected. But it's ok. At least let other families too be represented. Thank God your sister was selected so you've got your family represented. I wish you the best in your future endeavours. And I pray Youwin does something for everyone of the 6000 second stage candidates.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by TAJIBADE: 11:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Big Appreciation goes to all those who were willing to help by sharing Ideas with others on nairaland and responding to questions concerning youwin3. I was selected and wish to congratulate every other person. God bless u all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by juri: 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pls, I would like to know for sure the position of things. Are we already successful but going on final selection via this interview to pick the best to be at the Villa, or is this interview another step before final list of winners is to be made. Thank you.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 2:41am On Jul 22, 2014
neksummi:

Thanks.

My younger brother wasn't selected. But it's ok. At least let other families too be represented. Thank God your sister was selected so you've got your family represented. I wish you the best in your future endeavours. And I pray Youwin does something for everyone of the 6000 second stage candidates.

Wishful thinking. You are already seeing a change in format which would weed off a lot of people and you are talking of doing something for the 6000 candidates. I know at least 2 persons that did not submit the stage 2 business plans. How does YouWIN now give such people anything?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
It's the Lord's doing, to him be all the glory. I also got invited.

I congratulate those who didn't make it because you ain't lossers
but winners too. Like one of the anchors said at the training, that they've
monitored many who didn't get the grant from the 1st and 2nd edition but
are now doing pretty fine whereas they are now looking for some of their
mates who got the grant and squandered it, so that they can ask them
to come and pay back the money.

Congrats to everyone who made it through and all the best on the interview.
May God see us through to the BIG BUCKS!

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
medoty: That is exactly what I did. I got my name reserved for 60 days, if I'm successful I can complete my registration within two days. If not (God forbid) they go with my N500. Just waiting.
Bro, have you started the actual registration process? How long will it take to get the certificate after the registration?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
obiscolly:
Bro, have you started the actual registration process? How long will it take to get the certificate after the registration?
Just 24 hours
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
medoty:
Just 24 hours
Thanks man. So it's safe to say that the whole process can take a week or less for youwin candidates?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
obiscolly:
Thanks man. So it's safe to say that the whole process can take a week or less for youwin candidates?
But make sure you have availability search ready if not search will take time.
You have no time to waste if you have been called for the interview. All the best
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
I was actually doing the biz registration stuff at the CAC office in Ibadan yesterday when I got the Interview invite mail. I paid N750 in total: N500 for name search availability and N250 for biz name registration as a YouWiN applicant. I was asked to pay the N10,000 registration fee to complete the process immediately but I was not financially muscular. It seems nah express road registration dey take for YouWiN applicant in Ibadan o! I am trying to run around to pay and complete it ASAP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.