Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:38 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (387728 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2014
neksummi:
Me: Thank you sir. That's your opinion and I appreciate it. My purpose of being here is to make you reason with me that it is realistic. What particular portion of it seems unrealistic to you sir?

Of course I did dat but normally dr job is to make u feel bad abt ur plan. It was trying to be psychological to detect sth. Besides, my experience has always shown in d past dat dispositions of penelists at any panel interview do not av causal effect on d outcome.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2014
ciscaos: my dear, i was told panel 4,10 and 12 are strict wit their interview. panelist in 5 and 11 are simple people.did they ask u to reduce your figures?

They just implied dat by saying, ''make sure u manage well whatever u are offered. We can see u av experience and passion for d business''.

Have u done urs? When and where?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2014
Omaobe:

They just implied dat by saying, ''make sure u manage well whatever u are offered. We can see u av experience and passion for d business''.

Have u done urs? When and where?
mine was in enugu. on the 16th. at first i was tensed but wen i started talking with the panelist i discovered they were simple. that was wen i relaxed and defended my work well. because of the tension i subjected my self to b4 the interview, i fell sick after my interview lol. my proposal was packaging honey in sachet. the panelist loved my idea. it was fun. the truth is be ur self, they re humans.no body will be dropped except u have issues wit ur credentials or if u cant even say a word to defend ur plan.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ITL: 11:29am On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 11:35am On Aug 21, 2014
ITL:

@ciscaos, I did mine in Lagos and seems we are in related business line. Mine is on natural honey production. ( I actually own an apiary). I will send you a pm. lets network.
wow!!! dats great. u can call me on 07065163614
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
neksummi:

Me: Thank you sir. That's your opinion and I appreciate it. My purpose of being here is to make you reason with me that it is realistic. What particular portion of it seems unrealistic to you sir?

Guy you overtight. I bow for you ooo
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Denn:
statement of result from school wont cut it. someone was sent out in my prescence.
he was told to get a WAEC print out methinks

It's like if u'r refering to d lady today at Bestwestern, Lagos, her own case is a clear case of forgery. She photocopied someone's stamt of result from a secondary school, tipexed d name on it, typed her name on it and then laminated it.

Besides, the list pasted at Bestwestern shows dey are to interview 337 candidates today and tommorow.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
“337 only in 2 days“. This means over 1000 are to be interviewed in Lagos alone....!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
dauaminu: “337 only in 2 days“. This means over 1000 are to be interviewed in Lagos alone....!

Exactly what I am thinking. Only God knows what dey are up in dis YouWiN! 3. But as it is now, d competitn is still dr n stiff. I pray we all win 2geda from dis thread.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Omaobe:

Exactly what I am thinking. Only God knows what dey are up in dis YouWiN! 3. But as it is now, d competitn is still dr n stiff. I pray we all win 2geda from dis thread.
Ameeeennn woh! I'm even tired of the whole thing because I can't concentrate on other things. Let them just conclude so that we will know our faith and move on. Sincerely from d figures so far over 2,000 have been invited for d interview.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
Keep your cool and trust God. No need calculating the total people invited. Enugu was about 700, lag may be about 800 and Abuja about 700, so what? things are definitely different in this year's competition, how about thinking in the direction that they intend to take as much as possible. I have a feeling their intake will increase due to experience in the previous years where successful applicants did not comply to the rules and their funds not given to them probably after the first trench. I guess they want to create more opportunities for as many as will pursue the course of Youwin.
medoty:
Ameeeennn woh! I'm even tired of the whole thing because I can't concentrate on other things. Let them just conclude so that we will know our faith and move on. Sincerely from d figures so far over 2,000 have been invited for d interview.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
medoty:
Same thing with me. I am unable to concentrate on other things too. They should just do and conclude this so we will move on to the next thing joor. Tempus fugit.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wakes: 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
Any update from Abuja? Kindly drop your experience if you have done your interview yet. Thanks in advance.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Pls did they ask of date of birth and birth certificate!!!!the date of birth on my I'd card is different form the date of birth on my waec certificate??Any idea??
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
bizhub: Pls did they ask of date of birth and birth certificate!!!!the date of birth on my I'd card is different form the date of birth on my waec certificate??Any idea??
no they did nt
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 8:31am On Aug 22, 2014
From d dispositns of d panelists, I observed dr aim is to reduce d amt applied for especialy dose of us in retail. But won't u be happy if dey giv u half of d amt rather dan winning nothing?
#Justthinkingoutloud
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 8:56am On Aug 22, 2014
bizhub: Pls did they ask of date of birth and birth certificate!!!!the date of birth on my I'd card is different form the date of birth on my waec certificate??Any idea??

Better start harmonizing it now, because even when you are awarded the grant, the YouWIN secretariat will conduct a final verification, including age verification. If that discrepancy is discovered, you could be disqualified. The contract that YouWIN signs with awardees still provides for disqualification at any stage. Somebody in YouWIN 1 was disqualified AFTER award for age cheating.

Don't get caught out.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 9:00am On Aug 22, 2014
Denn:
i need to meet you this neksummi guy *no pun intended*
nice answer
Don't worry we shall meet in Abuja during the award by God's grace. I've also been following your posts and you're someone I'd like to meet too.
Bigboyz32:
Guy you overtight. I bow for you ooo
Gratitude!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 9:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Please can we still share more experience and the scenario that played out during the interview ...thanks.mine is in abuja ..those in abuja can we hook up??.thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2014
bizhub: Please can we still share more experience and the scenario that played out during the interview ...thanks.mine is in abuja ..those in abuja can we hook up??.thanks
When is yours? Mine is on the 28th, 3:00 - 3:40 pm. A friend I'm going with will be entering by 5pm. That means I'll be at the venue from 1pm to say 5:40pm.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
25th
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
bizhub: 25th
We may not meet then 'cos I'll be going to Abuja on the 27th. Anyway wish you the very best in ur presentation.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnx
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 7:06am On Aug 23, 2014
Respected potential millionares, i heard that, the issue of middle names and cac certificate may lead to disqualify out someone. Pls. What Is the way forward? Looking for urgent assistance. Tank u in advance.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by juri: 7:36am On Aug 23, 2014
House for those having intvw in Abuja or any where at all, do they require the memo, Share capital and directors form of the company or just the certificate of incorporation, and how many photocopy? Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 7:54am On Aug 23, 2014
dauaminu: Respected potential millionares, i heard that, the issue of middle names and cac certificate may lead to disqualify out someone. Pls. What Is the way forward? Looking for urgent assistance. Tank u in advance.
it is nt true because i also did not include my middle name wen applying 4 you win but had it in my certificates. i was only asked to write an application stating my complete names . i den swore an affidavit. u can do same b4 ur time.so many people i meet wen doing mine had no cac certificate. they were asked to make sure it was available wen the funding of the business starts.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2014
ciscaos: it is nt true because i also did not include my middle name wen applying 4 you win but had it in my certificates. i was only asked to write an application stating my complete names . i den swore an affidavit. u can do same b4 ur time.so many people i meet wen doing mine had no cac certificate. they were asked to make sure it was available wen the funding of the business starts.
thank u, God bless u. I wsh u d best..!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2014
dauaminu: thank u, God bless u. I wsh u d best..!
lolzzzzzzzz, i wish u d best too
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 9:59am On Aug 23, 2014
Please house do you think they can adjust my interview because I have aptitude test same day with my interview day. Can they allow me to do the interview a day to my schedule date? Thnx
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2014
medoty: Please house do you think they can adjust my interview because I have aptitude test same day with my interview day. Can they allow me to do the interview a day to my schedule date? Thnx
no! it is clearly stated in you invitation letter. if u are not there on the scheduled day of ur interview, u will be disqualified. and pls u will even disqualify yourself the more if u give them the excuse of having aptitude test on that day because they will fill u can not handle school and ur business at the same time.look 4 a more genuine excuse, write to the Secretariat b4 ur day and wait for response to no ur next move.that my suggestion.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by abuawlaki: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
ciscaos: mine was in enugu. on the 16th. at first i was tensed but wen i started talking with the panelist i discovered they were simple. that was wen i relaxed and defended my work well. because of the tension i subjected my self to b4 the interview, i fell sick after my interview lol. my proposal was packaging honey in sachet. the panelist loved my idea. it was fun. the truth is be ur self, they re humans.no body will be dropped except u have issues wit ur credentials or if u cant even say a word to defend ur plan.

u actually give me courage
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Abuja here we come!

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.