Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (388882 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
On my way home from my interview in Abuja; I faced Panel 11 and though they seem somewhat nice, they were very critical; "whatever you are offered make sure you use it well and when you get the money spent it wisely"

Now I concur; one of the main aim of the panelist is to reduce your grant. Did they say present and defend? I'd say it was rather present and submit (because effective defending was defeated by the proactive resistance of the panelist).

One of the guys in the validation team said they were instructed by the Presidency to increase the awardees to 1500.

I did my best and left the rest in Gods' hands "in God I Trust".
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
edundayo: On my way home from my interview in Abuja; I faced Panel 11 and though they seem somewhat nice, they were very critical; "whatever you are offered make sure you use it well and when you get the money spent it wisely"
Now I concur; one of the main aim of the panelist is to reduce your grant. Did they say present and defend? I'd say it was rather present and submit (because effective defending was defeated by the proactive resistance of the panelist).
One of the guys in the validation team said they were instructed by the Presidency to increase the awardees to 1500.

I had exactly d same experience and got d same response from panel 4 in Lagos. One of d panelist was even somehow categorical in offering 20% of what I applied for. I tried so much to defend but dey wouldn't just listen. But dey had to allow me to talk and listen to me when dey discovered dat I was getting angry with d process.
No matter what, may God do d best for us.

Are u also into retail like me?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
edundayo: On my way home from my interview in Abuja; I faced Panel 11 and though they seem somewhat nice, they were very critical; "whatever you are offered make sure you use it well and when you get the money spent it wisely"

really? So it can equally be true that everyone who participated would be given something and the value depends on how your panel deem it. It will be great if this would be the case.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Duyiro: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
I had mine today too. The panelists were nt too conversant with my field but they said youwin will decide. I pray they approve cos its my dream.

There were 740 to be interviewed up to day 5 in abj (as on the board). So, let some one sum up the three centers.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
Duyiro: I had mine today too. The panelists were nt too conversant with my field but they said youwin will decide. I pray they approve cos its my dream.

There were 740 to be interviewed up to day 5 in abj (as on the board). So, let some one sum up the three centers.
The 740 is for 4 days just that the page contains about 6 candidates that will be interviewed on the 5th day. about 1100 will be interviewed in Abuja by the end of 6th day.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
neksummi: When is yours? Mine is on the 28th, 3:00 - 3:40 pm. A friend I'm going with will be entering by 5pm. That means I'll be at the venue from 1pm to say 5:40pm.
Oga where you come hide for Abuja. Did mine around 12PM panel 9. How far with the interview?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
@Medoty, how did yours go Hope good
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Duyiro: I had mine today too. The panelists were nt too conversant with my field but they said youwin will decide. I pray they approve cos its my dream.
They weren't conversant with my biz and they didn't want to learn.
medoty:
Oga where you come hide for Abuja. Did mine around 12PM panel 9. How far with the interview?
I was in the validation hall by that 12pm ur talking. Went in around 2pm. Panel 11 interviewed me. I didn't enjoy. They know little about internet business and e-payment solution and they just weren't open. Imagine someone telling you in this era of cashless economy that e-payment solution isn't tangible!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pls, I wanna be cleared on sth. Did YouWiN! organise dis panel interview in turns at each venue? I mean was Enugu for d first wk, Lagos for 2nd wk and now Abuja for d 3rd n d last wk?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Oluwajohn: 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
neksummi: They weren't conversant with my biz and they didn't want to learn. I was in the validation hall by that 12pm ur talking. Went in around 2pm. Panel 11 interviewed me. I didn't enjoy. They know little about internet business and e-payment solution and they just weren't open. Imagine someone telling you in this era of cashless economy that e-payment solution isn't tangible!
neksummi: They weren't conversant with my biz and they didn't want to learn. I was in the validation hall by that 12pm ur talking. Went in around 2pm. Panel 11 interviewed me. I didn't enjoy. They know little about internet business and e-payment solution and they just weren't open. Imagine someone telling you in this era of cashless economy that e-payment solution isn't tangible!

Tot i was the only one that the panelist didn't understand my business. The more i tried to explain the more they chose not to understand! Its all good, trusting that something good will come out of this
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2014

Now you can understand better how I felt when posted it here dat I was told my biz plan isn't realistic. Their plan was just to go for d kill no matter how defensive u could be.

We have just only one and d most powerful thing left now: Prayer!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
chukwuka12: @Medoty, how did yours go Hope good
It was Ok Sha. We spent about 20 minutes arguing that I should rent a place for my school instead of building my own structures. At last I have to agree with them so that we can move on. The experience is the same Sha!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Omaobe: Pls, I wanna be cleared on sth. Did YouWiN! organise dis panel interview in turns at each venue? I mean was Enugu for d first wk, Lagos for 2nd wk and now Abuja for d 3rd n d last wk?
Yes the same panel members.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Oluwajohn: 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
medoty:
It was Ok Sha. We spent about 20 minutes arguing that I should rent a place for my school instead of building my own structures. At last I have to agree with them so that we can move on. The experience is the same Sha!

@medoty, am also into the education thing. What kind of school is yours.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 11:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oluwajohn:

@medoty, am also into the education thing. What kind of school is yours. Am looking at a 6th form college
Nursery / primary and extra lessons but they advise that if I get the grant I should just go for extra classes because I have more passion for it and considering the recent mass failure in WASSCE. Let's just wait and see what God will do.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 29, 2014
Jesus Christ, God forbid! I just hope this interview is a formality and no serious decision will be made from it. Whatever the outcome, look for funds and pursue your dream but I really hope it is well. This is the problem with this country, the old timers believe anything online is not feasible.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 6:47am On Aug 29, 2014
blink182: Jesus Christ, God forbid! I just hope this interview is a formality and no serious decision will be made from it. Whatever the outcome, look for funds and pursue your dream but I really hope it is well. This is the problem with this country, the old timers believe anything online is not feasible.
It's always being like that in this industry. People venturing into it never got the approval of people close to them 'cos they always see no sense in this type of business just because it's online. And I even gave them that as part of the risks associated with doing my business. Whatever the outcome, it won't deter me.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 29, 2014
neksummi: It's always being like that in this industry. People venturing into it never got the approval of people close to them 'cos they always see no sense in this type of business just because it's online. And I even gave them that as part of the risks associated with doing my business. Whatever the outcome, it won't deter me.
Yes it should not.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Please did any encounter panel 10?What was the experience like? If you add abuja 1000 + enugu 700 + lagos 800 it gives you 2500...may be that's the range of number of entrepreneurs interviewed...IMO tho
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Please did any encounter panel 10?What was the experience like? If you add abuja 1000 + enugu 700 + lagos 800 it gives you 2500...may be that's the range of number of entrepreneurs interviewed...IMO tho
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2014
Nice posts. Let's be thanking God in anticipation. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2014
Can someone who's yet to be interviewed in Abuja or presently at the venue kindly ask one of the officials how many they plan on taking?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Abuja interview wl end 2mao evening
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Omaobe:

I had exactly d same experience and got d same response from panel 4 in Lagos. One of d panelist was even somehow categorical in offering 20% of what I applied for. I tried so much to defend but dey wouldn't just listen. But dey had to allow me to talk and listen to me when dey discovered dat I was getting angry with d process.
No matter what, may God do d best for us.

Are u also into retail like me?

Nope! IT and Computer Services.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
bizhub: Please did any encounter panel 10?What was the experience like?
A friend of mine did and mehn! she had a far more than Dragon Den experience.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
Did a critical review of my interview with the panelists today and I'm kind of glad it went it way it did because it's an eye opener.

Actually, the panelists categorically expressed how glad they were with my passion for the business and what I'm currently doing but they just wasn't impressed with the currently level of cashflow as against the amount I forecast for the next 12 months, to just the amount of grant applied for.
I would have agree with them in saying they don't believe that the income forecast is feasible for my market, but that's because they were looking at it from a too narrow minded perspective and their unwillingness to listen denied us both the expose of the strategy through which I plan to make it happen.
I really don't know for these YouWiN panelists but if you ask me I'd say I'm wowed how any entrepreneur or business person of their calibre "in this century" would be so resistance to the idea of "multiple streams of income".

And they said the idea of YouWiN is to create jobs and they wanted us to start on a such a meager levels? They gotta be kidding me!
I'm foreseeing a much lower level of job creation for this YouWiN 3 if they go around over cutting the amount applicants are applying for.....imho

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dstan(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
edundayo: Did a critical review of my interview with the panelists today and I'm kind of glad it went it way it did because it's an eye opener.

Actually, the panelists categorically expressed how glad they were with my passion for the business and what I'm currently doing but they just wasn't impressed with the currently level of cashflow as against the amount I forecast for the next 12 months, to just the amount of grant applied for.
I would have agree with them in saying they don't believe that the income forecast is feasible for my market, but that's because they were looking at it from a too narrow minded perspective and their unwillingness to listen denied us both the expose of the strategy through which I plan to make it happen.
I really don't know for these YouWiN panelists but if you ask me I'd say I'm wowed how any entrepreneur or business person of their calibre "in this century" would be so resistance to the idea of "multiple streams of income".

And they said the idea of YouWiN is to create jobs and they wanted us to start on a such a meager levels? They gotta be kidding me!
I'm foreseeing a much lower level of job creation for this YouWiN 3 if they go around over cutting the amount applicants are applying for.....imho

I wonder o.That was how one of the panelists asked me what was wrong with my car when I told them I was getting a delivery van even after I told them I currently have 6 staff and will be employing 8 more before the year runs out. I dont think Dangote self will be this rigid if I he was giving me his cash.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
b]multiple streams of income[/b]".

[/quote]
The same case with me. They asked me to offer only one service out of the six services I planned to deliver. Is there any one that notice how and where they assess candidates? because I didn't see them my presentation and response to questions.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Why not stop diverting this tread with these funny advertisement.

Pls we are into serious biz here. If you cannot contribute meaningfully kindly leave our tread for us

embreezy: It was a great workshop today at Fountain Of Praise Int'l Church,
"How you can turn a one time investment of 36000 to millions within a month...."

Want to find out? tomorrow is another day as the workshop continues, in fact there would be lot of experiment..........you can't afford to miss this great opportunity to make millions and stay healthy your whole life.

Attend the free training at
Fountain of praise Int'l church, behind Dallas hotel, Adegoke bus-stop Orita Challenge IB, Oyo state, Nigeria.
Time: 11am
Date: 30th August 2014

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by rhemahills(m): 5:22am On Aug 30, 2014
had mine on 29th with panel 4. It was question from the very beginnin and advices. It was really fun and God took charge. the panelist were really concerned why i need 10 million and not less. i was even placed on hold while phone calls are made to verify prices of product. At the long run, they thank me and even gav me contact of consultant to use when i get the grant.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.