Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389046 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
Shininstar30:
Pls hw can one start/go abt dis youwin stuff
This is sort of the wrong place to seek advice. The people here are mostly winners and are eagerly awaiting first tranche payment-in other words, they do not have your time.

Read from here backwards, look for Ciscaos, that lady is an angel. Call her and you will be happy you got to know her. She rarely visits here so if you quote her, she will hardly reply.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by strigger: 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hello house. I promised to update, yes but activity was too much and moreso the banquet hall was demobilised and you can only get to make use of phone at the toilet which looks suspicious plus the sss even patrols d toilet too. But i am happy cos a friend's txt delivered telling me that its live on tv cos he saw me.
Salient point are
1. GEJ is happy with awardees cos they did not disappoint him and his govt which has done this ever in the history of our nation.
2. He said his govt has raised the future leaders of nigeria and its economy as he is sure that the future Dangotes, Adenugas etc are seated amongst us.
3. Our tranche 1 would soon be paid out which was formerly said by NGOZI.
4. He launched youwin4 and youwinsmegrowthfund which is to be accssed by new and existing biz mostly into manufacturing and production of innovative products. He stressed that some of us would benefit and would be joined by some new people too. So it seems its meant for high performing awardees and other high performing business men.

Pls permit me to rest and continue tomorrow. Its an awesome event
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by openmine(m): 1:55am On Nov 18, 2014
ciscaos:

if any one needs help,i will be happi to help cos i did my proposal all by myself . no help!!!
good morning...pls can i have ur materials on youwin..my email is detromicxs@gmail.com...Thank you!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by aofete: 6:53am On Nov 18, 2014
you don't need one's material. What you need is how to go about it.
openmine:

good morning...pls can i have ur materials on youwin..my email is detromicxs@gmail.com...Thank you!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 18, 2014
aofete:
that material is very helpful and comprehensive. It gives even a first time applicant a sound understanding for him/her to work independently without pursuing people up and down to help them and those who will want to charge money.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by openmine(m): 7:34am On Nov 18, 2014
aofete:
thanks but thats what i need right now...i didnt make it to the interview stage...so i just need the materials to see my flaws and get them corrected...but thanks anyway
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 18, 2014
Shininstar30:
Pls hw can one start/go abt dis youwin stuff
A new thread has been opened for it here:
www.nairaland.com/1997905/youwin-4th-edition-here
All your needs will be met there.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by openmine(m): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2014
blink182:
that material is very helpful and comprehensive. It gives even a first time applicant a sound understanding for him/her to work independently without pursuing people up and down to help them and those who will want to charge money.
you are absolutely right...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2014
Jaiyeola Andrews and James Emejo in Abuja
President Goodluck Jonathan monday inaugurated a $50 million private equity fund for the expansion of business opportunities by the small and medium enterprises in order to boost job creation in the country.

Jonathan also launched the fourth phase of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWin) programme to boost entrepreneurship development and create more jobs for youths and accelerate economic development.

At the inauguration, the president expressed the federal government’s concern about businesses affected by militancy and acts of terrorism in the recent past. He added that the interventions would heal their wounds and revive their businesses.
According to Jonathan, the fund would help accelerate the growth of SMEs and economic development.

He explained that the fourth edition of the YouWin programme was approved following the enthusiastic response of youths to the scheme and the impressive level of success so far achieved by beneficiaries.
He noted that unemployment still constituted a big challenge not only in Nigeria, but for governments around the world, pointing out that no real development could occur without jobs.

Jonathan disclosed that his administration had put several initiatives in place to create jobs, chief of which was the YouWin scheme, where training and monetary support had been given to youths with innovative business ideas to improve their lives and create jobs in the economy.

He also revealed that over 22,000 jobs had been created alongside other indirect employments through the first phase of the YouWin intervention, adding that the fourth phase is expected to create additional 44,000 jobs.

According to the president, the venture capital support would have unprecedented impact on SMEs sector if government could work with other investors to meet the objectives of the fund.

Essentially, the fund is to be used to support few existing YouWin businesses which have the potentials for further expansion and job creation.
He also promised to ensure that the venture capital fund is void of interference by ensuring those who qualify get fundings on merit and not on man-know-man basis.

Furthermore, he said both the YouWin and venture capital support would further boost the creativity of young Nigerians.
The new enterprise fund, he added, would enable those that had won previous grants from the YouWin programme take their businesses to the next level.

According to Jonathan, the fund which needed a seed capital of about $50million would require hard work on the side of government.
Jonathan said if government strives hard, it could attract more investors to contribute to ongoing efforts no matter how small.

"This fund will identify and further empower a few of you, some who are here and some new people that will join us, that are interested in expanding what they already have through the you win or even starting new businesses”, Jonathan said.

“You will not need to know somebody to access it. Hopefully when the disbursement of the third phase commences and by the time the fourth phase takes we are expecting a minimum of would have had 44,000 jobs created by young Nigerians for young Nigerians. Eighteen thousand who did not directly benefit from the scheme were trained and were able to access fund from different sources”, he stressed.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-launches-50m-venture-capital-fund-fourth-phase-of-youwin/194402/
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2014
I would rather suggest that people who are Youwin 4 applicants should open a new thread to synergise together and work issues affecting them out.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2014
jeffmyson:
I would rather suggest that people who are Youwin 4 applicants should open a new thread to synergise together and work issues affecting them out.

Exactly!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2014
jeffmyson:

It has already been done, if they check De will see it.. There about 2 or 3 threads on that....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 18, 2014
openmine:

you are absolutely right...
Yes it is and she is such a great support.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 10:28am On Nov 18, 2014
openmine:

thanks but thats what i need right now...i didnt make it to the interview stage...so i just need the materials to see my flaws and get them corrected...but thanks anyway
sorri i can give out my materials because that is my business plan. but if u have any questions hesitate to ask.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 18, 2014
Seun please hide all youwin 2014 threads except one so we can all converge there and share ideas like has been done here for 2013.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by openmine(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
ciscaos:
sorri i can give out my materials because that is my business plan. but if u have any questions hesitate to ask.
hmmm....its alrite
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
ciscaos:

Nice one CIscaos, I think I am also available to assist, however it has to be rh area were the person is not clear in any area of his or her work... What area are u in to, what challenges are u facing in answering the proposal. Then we no how to assist...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by globaldream(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
@ bink182 .i agree with you. you guyz need a unified thread. i really appreciate the fact that you did not allow non selection in youwin3 diminish your morale. Unified thread is better for youwin4 is beta.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
chukwuka12:

Nice one CIscaos, I think I am also available to assist, however it has to be rh area were the person is not clear in any area of his or her work... What area are u in to, what challenges are u facing in answering the proposal. Then we no how to assist...
That is what it should be, anybody expecting you to answer all the questions for them while they paste it is just out of their minds. Such activity will be futile because they won't be able to defend what they have written.

globaldream:
@ bink182 .i agree with you. you guyz need a unified thread. i really appreciate the fact that you did not allow non selection in youwin3 diminish your morale. Unified thread is better for youwin4 is beta.
I have no choice, I am an entrepreneur and I have tasted freedom. I can not go back to 8-5 job unless the salary is outrageously high. If people applying are unable to co-ordinate themselves just like it was done here, then it is a pity.

I already have a template to work with, I am just finalizing price checks for my equipment and hopefully by tomorrow I will start filling my application.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
blink182:
Seun please hide all youwin 2014 threads except one so we can all converge there and share ideas like has been done here for 2013.

He doesn't need to hide any thread. Any of the youwin 4 thread that gains traction will automatically draw everybody. The others will die a natural death when nobody patronises.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Donxavier:

He doesn't need to hide any thread. Any of the youwin 4 thread that gains traction will automatically draw everybody. The others will die a natural death when nobody patronises.
True
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Walexwal: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
ciscaos:
. Hello Ciscaos, pls I will need ur help to mentor and ask some questns from you for this youwin4 so that I can win it this time....will be glad if you will send me ur mail.....walexwaldaguru@gmail.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
irejahmaigmail:
A non-awardee of youwin 3...Looking 4ward to get support 4rm u all just incase there is a youwin4. Congrat all once again
After failing at the last stage in youwin3, am glad there is another opportunity..... Pls and pls.... i need support... i want to get it right this time..

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
irejahmaigmail:
After failing at the last stage in youwin3, am glad there is another opportunity..... Pls and pls.... i need support... i want to get it right this time..
cc ..ciscaos
cc...blink 182
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
irejahmaigmail:
cc ..ciscaos
cc...blink 182
cisaos' number is here, look for it and call her.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by xdream(m): 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
I wrote my plan all by myself. I would like to contribute my part (freely) to see some YouWiN! 4 applicants become successful. 08038325115, visitxdream@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wakes: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
Please if you attended the last event at the state house kindly give us feedback. Was that Youwin 3 awardees dinner?
Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
wakes:
Please if you attended the last event at the state house kindly give us feedback. Was that Youwin 3 awardees dinner?
Thanks
No.
But I believe that ALL YouWiN! 3 awardees where invited. I wonder why some people did not get the email... cool
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wakes: 12:11am On Nov 19, 2014
bamistol:

No.
But I believe that ALL YouWiN! 3 awardees where invited. I wonder why some people did not get the email... cool
Thanks Bamistol...
Kindly let me in...What special treatment did they accord invited youwin 3 awardees? Any money shared? Thanks again.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by strigger: 6:34am On Nov 19, 2014
wakes:
Please if you attended the last event at the state house kindly give us faedback. Was that Youwin 3 awardees dinner?
Thanks
Its not the dinner.
But there wont be any dinner again cos as you know YOUWIN is changing how to do things (JIT model of mgt). They used the event to do everything need to do with the president as regards yowin such as exhibition, launch of youwin4, sme growth fund, congratulate yowin3 awardees. Not all youwin 3 were invited but some from northwest mainly kaduna state; northcentral viz abuja, nassarawa, kogi, kwara, niger, benue and plateau.
Other from any other part of the country are either exhibitors or facilitators.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2014
About the YouWiN! SME Growth Fund The YouWiN! SME Growth Fund is a commercially focused fund established by the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) of Nigeria. It was established with a seed capital of N3bn (approximately $20m which is expected to grow to about$50m) to support small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria. This support is aimed at accelerating the growth and development of SME’s by financing business plans and proposals that are likely to have a positive impact on the Nigerian economy. Areas of expected impact include job creation, innovative solutions to market, development of skills and human capital, and the generation of profits/increased incomes. The Fund is established to invest capital of between N25m to N45m on average in SMEs, in return for equity share, or as secured loans. The Fund will be institutionalized to focus on SMEs with the potential to engender innovation, generate good return on investment, create jobs, and promote entrepreneurship and social development in general.
Application Process
Before applying for finance, it is important you make adequate preparations and have a solid business plan in place. The business plan is a mandatory requirement. It MUST be realistic, thorough, detailed, and should properly reflect your strategy for growing your business. SMEs interested in seeking investment from the fund must also meet ALL of the following pre-qualification criteria (as is relevant), before submitting an application: Applicants must own the majority of the shares/equity of the business they are seeking finance for. Where there is an equal partnership, the application must be a joint application all applicants must have a registered business enterprise or company with the Corporate Affairs Commission(CAC). A copy of the Certificate of Registration must be submitted at pre-qualification stage. All applicants must submit a copy of the management structure of their businesses, and a description of the corporate governance systems that are in place, the main business premises must be in located in Nigeria, and the business address must be within Nigeria Existing SMEs must have less than 100 employees Existing SMEs must have annual financial statements for each year of their existence, or be able to prepare same Existing SMEs must hold verifiable business bank accounts Existing SMEs must be able to provide tax clearance certificates for each year of their existence All applicants must have suitable identification documents (e.g. a passport or a drivers license)Detailed checks will be conducted to verify the information provided by the applicants. Applicants must be able to provide original documents and other evidence to support their application.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by strigger: 6:41am On Nov 19, 2014
wakes:

Thanks Bamistol...
Kindly let me in...What special treatment did they accord invited youwin 3 awardees? Any money shared? Thanks again.

No special trts. Everybody present got equal token based on the state you reside.
I think we should focus on our soon to be paid tranch and not peanut token .
Just a suggestion though!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.