Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (388705 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eluquenson(m): 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nice one from our Govt but this programme suppose be on a continuous basis as I heard this year will be the last.
God go do am for us.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=Bossforeva] please can University Students, participate in this cox i got great ideas up there? Am entreprenuer also cox my services ve been earning me tens of thousands weekly! [/quote
whts ur busines about
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Orikinla(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
I have seen one beneficiary, but what she is doing making footwear cannot create many jobs and again the imported ones are cheaper than her own.

The beneficiaries so far cannot create many jobs and what the youths need most now are as many jobs as possible.

The government should spend the money not on these winner takes all competitions, but on federal projects that will create millions of jobs all over Nigeria.

I keep on repeating that using local textile materials like Adire and Batik to make duvet covers, bed sheets and pillow cases is a million dollar business, because 90% of these items are imported and the government should ban the importation.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ceysaga: 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
I am one of last year's beneficiaries. Ask me your questions.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
ceysaga: I am one of last year's beneficiaries. Ask me your questions.

Do you think one can win with a viable Car wash business? what was ur idea about?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ifekemmy(f): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Pls i try to fill d Youwin application form on there site, when i click on state of origin n l.g.a, all i saw was abuja, benue,kogi,kwara, Nasarawa, Niger and plateau , is there no hope for pple in south west. Someone pls help me out, need to expand my biz. Thank u
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sholatech(m): 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
You must have selected North Central Zone.

Please go back and reselect 'South West'
ifekemmy: Pls i try to fill d Youwin application form on there site, when i click on state of origin n l.g.a, all i saw was abuja, benue,kogi,kwara, Nasarawa, Niger and plateau , is there no hope for pple in south west. Someone pls help me out, need to expand my biz. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ceysaga: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Promhize:

Do you think one can win with a viable Car wash business? what was ur idea about?

Yes ofcourse as long as the biz is based in Nigeria and You have good biz plan.
My idea was on production of malaria syrup for children and honey farming..
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by patriotic007: 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
this is the best idea that this administration has brought to the table,....GEJ is really trying to clean up the mess the past born to rule has caused for us but people wont just let him be,......WHY?,....God is watching all of them,....UP GEJ
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ayusco85(m): 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please what's the Youwin official site
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Lawfredsam(m): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Olsey:

Good plans..."Employment" is key. Wishing you success in due time.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ceysaga: 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
Orikinla: I have seen one beneficiary, but what she is doing making footwear cannot create many jobs and again the imported ones are cheaper than her own.

The beneficiaries so far cannot create many jobs and what the youths need most now are as many jobs as possible.

The government should spend the money not on these winner takes all competitions, but on federal projects that will create millions of jobs all over Nigeria.

I keep on repeating that using local textile materials like Adire and Batik to make duvet covers, bed sheets and pillow cases is a million dollar business, because 90% of these items are imported and the government should ban the importation.

I agree but not every Nigerian wants to be an employee forever. At a point one might wish to be an entrepreneur and thats where the need for funds come in. I appreciate this concept by GEJ because this year he put hope into the lives of women who had no where else to turn to, something most past leaders did not do. We have been given this opportunity and if we fail we cannot blame the government but ourselves. There is an adage that says" train a man and your train a family but train a woman and you train a nation"

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sis! Post-Secondary School qualification was required, now my question is. Can a university student, with a certificate in entrepreneurship be part of these? One of the commenters said he was a beneficiary b4 he got admission. Another is, will they keep monitoring you on how you spend the money? Plz Reply Asap.
Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=mikeoh][/quote] tis a long story bro! But majorly on the food sector. Please tell me how you did yours without necessarily having a University certificate. U can Pm me 4 dat or reply here. I need it ASAP.
Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
LawChick:
The Promise - A Nairalander gets a monthly free GIFT from mytrendyitems.com

Though its still early to decide who gets this gift for November, the selfless act of one Nairalander by name - Dryakson
has convinced us that he gets this months gift unopposed! He won because he did this -
READ ABOUT IT HERE

So Dryakson, well done to you, Nigeria needs more people like you, take it from me that you are now a Nairaland Hero. In fact you are a National hero. You can decide to follow oduz idea, or something. This thing you did needs to be promoted more then the so called STARS. The bank should had done more for you simply because your deed gives people hope, we seriously need hope in this country.

Your gift pack is ready, pls call Eno on 07031357736 to claim.

Once again, congrats!

Your Fan,

LawChick

Biaaaaaa Guy! Take Time
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
ceysaga:

Yes ofcourse as long as the biz is based in Nigeria and You have good biz plan.
My idea was on production of malaria syrup for children and honey farming..

The reason why I'm asking is because I have another idea in house/building construction but I don't know much about construction. What I'm driving at is that do they place emphasis on innovation or just a normal viable business
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
I am one of the YouWIN 1 awardees. YouWIN is real. In the last edition I help my sister and also mentored many women that were able to make it. God bless Goodluck Jonathan and ‎Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for this laudable idea and God bless which has changed my life and that of my family.

The 3rd edition will commence on 25th of November, 2013. There will be presidential launch on 25th of Nov., 2013 and almost all the awardees both youwin 1 and 2 were invited for the presidential launch.

Many people never believed in YouWIN, but our testimony and that of the women edition as shown that government is serious and youwin is real. So the interest is much and you are going to compete against professional business plan writers, coaches, mentors, professors, banks just to mention a few. Therefore, you cannot afford to submit poorly written business plan. You need professional advices and also need to be guided.

I was invited as facilitator by FourSquare District Headquarters Church, Iba Housing Estate to lecture them on Business Plan Workshop Tagged Re-positioning The Foursquare Youth for FGN/YOUWIN! 3 Grant on the 16th and 17th of August, 2013. It was a free 2-day programme. You can watch the preview of my presentation here: http://utibeetim.com/my-presentation-on-business-planning-workshop-for-youwin-3-applicants/

I have been called upon by St Alphonsis Catholic Church, Aboru to also lecture them and it is absolutely free and is on the 6th and 7th of September.

You can contact me for professional advice and also read my articles on youwin on my personal blog www.utibeetim.com.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
utimatedes: I am one of the YouWIN 1 awardees. YouWIN is real. In the last edition I help my sister and also mentored many women that were able to make it. God bless Goodluck Jonathan and ‎Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for this laudable idea and God bless which has changed my life and that of my family.

The 3rd edition will commence on 25th of November, 2013. There will be presidential launch on 25th of Nov., 2013 and almost all the awardees both youwin 1 and 2 were invited for the presidential launch.

Many people never believed in YouWIN, but our testimony and that of the women edition as shown that government is serious and youwin is real. So the interest is much and you are going to compete against professional business plan writers, coaches, mentors, professors, banks just to mention a few. Therefore, you cannot afford to submit poorly written business plan. You need professional advices and also need to be guided.

I was invited as facilitator by FourSquare District Headquarters Church, Iba Housing Estate to lecture them on Business Plan Workshop Tagged Re-positioning The Foursquare Youth for FGN/YOUWIN! 3 Grant on the 16th and 17th of August, 2013. It was a free 2-day programme. You can watch the preview of my presentation here: http://utibeetim.com/my-presentation-on-business-planning-workshop-for-youwin-3-applicants/

I have been called upon by St Alphonsis Catholic Church, Aboru to also lecture them and it is absolutely free and is on the 6th and 7th of September.

You can contact me for professional advice and also read my articles on youwin on my personal blog www.utibeetim.com.
answer me bro! Must you have a tertiary school certificate to participate, how possible will it be using an enteprenuership certificate, aside 4rm sec sch cert?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by lolade123: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
bizmania: question is... 'do u have a business offer? Not jux dat, one that will employ a considerable number of Nigerian youths!'
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Don't make the mistake that I made during the first edition:

http://www.freeyouwingrant.com/hello-world/

Last year was exclusively for ladies so I could apply though I assisted some ladies
with their application. Some made it to the second round and one of them won!

This year, no shaking, I gotta WIN. And I hope to share with others my experience of last year.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by lolade123: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
Promhize:

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
mneksummi: Don't make the mistake that I made during the first edition:

http://www.freeyouwingrant.com/hello-world/

Last year was exclusively for ladies so I could apply though I assisted some ladies
with their application. Some made it to the second round and one of them won!

This year, no shaking, I gotta WIN. And I hope to share with others my experience of last year.
plz bro! Help answer my previous questions, whether i quoted you or not please!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
utimatedes: I am one of the YouWIN 1 awardees. YouWIN is real. In the last edition I help my sister and also mentored many women that were able to make it. God bless Goodluck Jonathan and ‎Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for this laudable idea and God bless which has changed my life and that of my family.

Oga comot here joor, if you want to help anyone, help them here.

Anyone that needs advice on how to write their business plan should ask here, I'm ready to help.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
guys! Abeg help me on the kinda certificate u must have 2 win. Right now, i have an Entrepreneurship Cert and a Sec Sch Cert. Help! I got great ideas that could make me African's Richest, mainly with the Food Sector.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Mftivi: 12:15am On Nov 07, 2013
while waiting for you win. any serious minded entrepreneur here ? my upstairs are making ideas every minute I go to special arena *thoughts*
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 4:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Guys, seems there is a cap on the amount(percentage)one can budget for fixed capital e.g delivery vehicle. With the new policy on the import duty of used vehicles, don't u think getting a fairly used 'tokunbo' or new ones will gulp d bulk of d percentage set aside for your fixed capital making d rest insufficient for other capital goods like machines ? Abi what's d alternative. Not all the business ideas will need vehicles, but I'm sure most will.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by trillville(m): 5:58am On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: guys! Abeg help me on the kinda certificate u must have 2 win. Right now, i have an Entrepreneurship Cert and a Sec Sch Cert. Help! I got great ideas that could make me African's Richest, mainly with the Food Sector.

Go ahead and apply. It is only God that will make any of us successful. Keep in mind that the maximum amount is 10 million so your idea should not cost you more than 10 million to execute.

Last year, an 18 year old girl won so I do not know the type of qualification she had acquired as at that time. Good luck.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by saemmanuel(m): 7:09am On Nov 07, 2013
Promhize:

Anyone that needs advice on how to write their business plan should ask here, I'm ready to help.

please kindly send me a sample proposal, saemmanuel@rocketmail.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 8:12am On Nov 07, 2013
Promhize:

Pls I beg you in the name of God the Almighty, I need a sample of a very good proposal. Tolozie@yahoo.com
Or if anyone here can help me with a sample, I'll glady appreciate. Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 07, 2013

How many pages was ur proposal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.