Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Are They Really Fasting?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are They Really Fasting?? (861 Views)

See 15 Believes Of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Do They Really Make Sense. / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / I Want To Know About The Freemasons. Are They Really Satan Worshippers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are They Really Fasting?? by TheCodeWriter(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
undecidedI am not mentioning any religion here but I will like to know people's thought about this.
Some people claim to be fasting yet they eat in the morning and also eat in the evening. They are missing only one meal in a day which is normal and they say they are fasting. Is that really fasting =-O undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Immanuelar(m): 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
it's true oo :oit's true oo shocked
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by colossus2: 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lwkmd....And they break their fast like this
||
||
||
||
\/

2 Likes

Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lol.
Thought I am the only one that think the same.
At most I eat twice a day. Sometime once. So what da heck
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by kevoh(m): 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
Are you talking of the people that tried to cause mayhem today at St.Mary's church Nyanya,Abuja? No I doubt if they are fasting. I just lost my last ounce of respect for them after today.
People who fast don't walk around with daggers.People who fast obey instructions and not cause mini-riots up and down.
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
Don't give a damn about fasting. Waiting for the holiday
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
kevoh: Are you talking of the people that tried to cause mayhem today at St.Mary's church Nyanya,Abuja? No I doubt if there are fasting. I just lost my last ounce of respect for them after today.People who fast don't walk around with daggers.People who fast obey instructions and not cause mini-riots up and down.

Don't blame em.a leopard can never change its spot no matter how it try.
These people will always behave like their dead master no matter how hard you try to make them civilized and modernize.
Filled with hated and intolerance and tray to shred blood at every slight provocation.
They are simply devilish animals
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Immanuelar(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
colo$$u$:
Lwkmd....And they break their fast like this
||
||
||
||
\/

abi o.
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
huhuhuhuhu I laff at d ppl commenting on this thread. you're playing with a ban till 2072
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Immanuelar(m): 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
kevoh: Are you talking of the people that tried to cause mayhem today at St.Mary's church Nyanya,Abuja? No I doubt if they are fasting. I just lost my last ounce of respect for them after today.
People who fast don't walk around with daggers.People who fast obey instructions and not cause mini-riots up and down.
i think it's a path left for them by their leader to follow. can we really blame them. a leader whose life is full of violence and hatred.

1 Like

Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by TheCodeWriter(m): 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Yungwizzzy: huhuhuhuhu I laff at d ppl commenting on this thread. you're playing with a ban till 2072
ban?? I don't think anybody here has done anything to deserve a ban bcoz nobody has mentioned any religion. but if that's how they do it here, then it is well.
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
No body can be scared of ban on nairaland after all opening a new account is as easy as opening a sachet pure water

1 Like

Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by colossus2: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Yungwizzzy: you're playing with a ban till 2072
YOLO - You Only Live Online? undecided
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by samyan12: 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
And all the fools that have commented above, badmouthing other pple and their way of worship, u think u are any better? Is that what Jesus taught u? Remove the log in your own eye first, before criticizing or judging others. Yeye hypocrites..
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by kevoh(m): 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Please ignore the comment and insult directly above mine for peace sake.
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by TheCodeWriter(m): 5:02am On Aug 05, 2013
samyan12: And all the fools that have commented above, badmouthing other pple and their way of worship, u think u are any better? Is that what Jesus taught u? Remove the log in your own eye first, before criticizing or judging others. Yeye hypocrites..
Dis goat is part of "They " am taking about.
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by JomecsG: 6:57am On Aug 05, 2013
they re nt fasting bt worshiping religion,
Re: Are They Really Fasting?? by nora544: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2013
The Code Writer: undecidedI am not mentioning any religion here but I will like to know people's thought about this.
Some people claim to be fasting yet they eat in the morning and also eat in the evening. They are missing only one meal in a day which is normal and they say they are fasting. Is that really fasting =-O undecided

Real fasting is when you don't eat for 24 hours, only drink water that is realy fasting, when you eat only once a day than it is also not fasting.
A friend told me that he fast with his mother 70 days, i ask him how much weight he lose and that is not possible to fast such a long time without eating. He told me that they eat every night so that is not fasting, now I understand why people who claim they pray and fast still overweight.

I know a woman, her husband is a pastor and she write when her son told on the internet that he will marry, we are so happy because our prayer and fasting give us such a goodfearing new daughter for our son, but she still is fat.

When you realy fast for such a long time than you will die.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Is Here Again. Another Time For Idolatry. / My List Of Leaders That Might Land In Paradise. / Mary Mother Of Jesus In The Quran (peace Be Upon Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.