Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion (12741 Views)

Tecno L3 Vs P3 - Clash Of The Brothers!!!! / How To Root Tecno L3 / New Tecno L3 Litle Show+pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
First and formost ........it has been a great Battle so far.
that some of us even gave up on L3 due to Rooting prob.

Now Credits to those who made things happen on L3
Datz one thing i dont lack in my "made easy Tutorials" giving credits to those who deserve it

Credits to XDA-Devs for this
Credits to herrlekan of Nairaland for source linking and being the first to ROOT this Baby..hehe
Credits to Nekedchris of Nairaland for sharing his Shellroot boot.img and recovery.img files
(the guy who has made it easy)
Now Credits to myself as usual Dmedalion of Gursulodge for the "Made easy Tutorial' ...hehehe

Requirements :

SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01

TecnoL3 Boot + recovery ShellRoot kit by nekedchris

MT6577 USB VCOM drivers

mtkdroidtools-v248

USBDview

MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt

NOw this above files are all packed in the below ROOTkit

after downloading unpack all to their seperate folders.

follow this link to install MTKDrivers correctly without any feature error

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2206421

when your driver is properly installed,

then Open Flashtool You'll need to load the Scatter

Open SPFlashtool and check the far right corner of the app and click on [scatter-loadind]

locate the [MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt] file u extracted earlier.

after loading..scroll down then list of HEX values and tick [Bootimg]

then click on the name 'bootimg' .

a page pops up then locate the [L3_130613__boot_patched_130804-160810.img] file which u extracted

earlier from [TecnoL3 Boot + recovery ShellRoot...] inside the rootkit and load it,

do the same for the next option below [BOOTIMG] which is Recoveryimg.

and load the second file[L3_130613__recovery_130804-160810.img] inside the [TecnoL3 Boot + recovery ShellRoot...] folder.

after loding both file . click on [Downolad] at the top tab of sp flashtool..

now connect ur device via USB with battery in it but switched off.

A red process bar should popup below and wait for it to finish till u c a green circle pop-up..

now unplug ur device and switch it on.

MTKDroidTools. device needs to be connected and debugging enabled.

switch to "root, backup, recovery" and press on " SuperUser". this will push superuser, SU
binary and busybox to your device.

Your Device is NOW rooted ...............

Team L3 on Whstsapp Group

4 Likes

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Orpelin: 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
Who are those again

1 Like

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
cool #TeamTecnoL3

1 Like

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by amedino(m): 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
MEHNNNNN...... DMEDALION U ARE D BOMB. JUST ROOTED MINE. UR TUTORIAL WORKED. TNX
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by CODEEATER(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dat mtk installation thread is confusing... d gUy English na die
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Kawboy(m): 11:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
@dmedalion u no dey partner wihlth guruslodge again?
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by encryptjay(m): 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
So it must be rooted with pc? Thanks for this bro.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by herrlekan(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Thanks for the acknowledgement, you are welcome.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 12:08am On Aug 05, 2013
herrlekan: Thanks for the acknowledgement, you are welcome.
all thanks to the house bro
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 12:09am On Aug 05, 2013
encryptjay: So it must be rooted with pc? Thanks for this bro.
yes it must
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by freshp(m): 12:15am On Aug 05, 2013
amedino: MEHNNNNN...... DMEDALION U ARE D BOMB. JUST ROOTED MINE. UR TUTORIAL WORKED. TNX
I equally send out my congratulations on a job well done....we are getting there.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 05, 2013
am humbled, nice working with you @dmedalion

1 Like

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 05, 2013
plz wats ROOT or R00TING you guys are talking about?
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 05, 2013
Kawboy: @dmedalion u no dey partner wihlth guruslodge again?
LOL cheesy Last time i checked, G.Lodge is history. Wraped up and thrown in2 the deep blue sea!!!
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by ademony(m): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2013
I hav problem with installing the mtk drivers.... Pls giv mor explanation on this
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 6:36am On Aug 05, 2013
USE OF MTKDriver(VCom)

without this driver omur PC won't be able to recognise Ur phone and flash the new shellroot img files.....

so hw to install it...

simply power of Ur device.connect Ur PC via USB with d ba3 in it....locate the MTKVCOM folder u extracted earlier and cliclk on the installdriver.exe

wen the installation is complete....

reattach Ur device to d PC again and goto Ur "Device Manager"

""MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM"" should
appear for a brief moment in the Device Manager
entry!.. now double click on the ""MediaTek Preloader....bla bla bla...."" to update driver..

navigate and select the folder
for your Ur operating system inside the "MTK6577 USB VCOM" u extracted earlier.... wait for the files to copy...wen complete.den u r done installing/dealing with d MTKDriver
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Francheezy(m): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2013
sad
Godvilla: LOL cheesy Last time i checked, G.Lodge is history. Wraped up and thrown in2 the deep blue sea!!!
sad
Godvilla: LOL cheesy Last time i checked, G.Lodge is history. Wraped up and thrown in2 the deep blue sea!!!
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2013
Following
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by ekpesboi: 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
@dmed: please under which am i going to find the install driver cos i can't see it... my screen blinks twice before i know it i can't see any thing
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
ekpesboi: @dmed: please under which am i going to find the install driver cos i can't see it... my screen blinks twice before i know it i can't see any thing
which part of d tutorial r u...or rather give me a call for a lil briefing..cos it seem d breakdown is nw more complicated to some of us
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by ekpesboi: 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
Dmedalion: which part of d tutorial r u...or rather give me a call for a lil briefing..cos it seem d breakdown is nw more complicated to some of us
Thanks dmed..... i have successfully rooted mine.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
ekpesboi:
please can i have your number? you can flash me on 08138265499 will call
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
the guy dat called me a while ago concerning MTKDroidtool...
plz call back
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by ekpesboi: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
Dmedalion: the guy dat called me a while ago concerning MTKDroidtool...
plz call back
Thanks
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
ekpesboi:
Thanks
uwc...
I believe its rooted nw
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by benspeakout: 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
I've got FOUR questions to ask before rooting this phone
1. Is internet connection required for rooting process?
2. Should there be a sim card and sd card in the phone when rooting?
3. Should the SD card be partitioned? (If yes, how do one partition the sd card)
4. Lastly how long does the root process take (cos power outage might brick phone during the process of rooting in'it?)

Thanks.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
benspeakout: I've got FOUR questions to ask before rooting this phone
1. Is internet connection required for rooting process?
2. Should there be a sim card and sd card in the phone when rooting?
3. Should the SD card be partitioned? (If yes, how do one partition the sd card)
4. Lastly how long does the root process take (cos power outage might brick phone during the process of rooting in'it?)

Thanks.

1. no internet required after getting d above files
2. sim card or no sim...its not a problem
3.no partition is needed
4. won't take u up to 15minutes if u are quick in understanding
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by paulabdeel(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
Good job. Please can you do a similar thing for the N7? Your tutorial makes more sense. Thanks in advance.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by slikcipher(m): 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Thanks

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by ademony(m): 12:16am On Aug 06, 2013
After installing d driver, I couldn't find Mediatek....... In Device manager. What app should I use to extract the files?
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 1:29am On Aug 06, 2013
guys abeg..when i connect my usb to the system and my fone and i see the MTDK PRELOADER...my fone starts charging and i can't install , what would i do...urgent please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ZUS Review: This is the First Ever SMART Car Charger Made For Your Phone. / How To Unlock Fidelity Online Account / 3 Possible Reasons Why Power Banks Explode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.