Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen (12352 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:41am On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by hackinshawler: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Get this unique cook book app now on your android mobile.

A cool way to check recipe of all Nigeria soup.

http://nextapps.mtnonline.com/31889

Don't forget to share with your friends. And it is all for free.
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:15am On Nov 06, 2013
New recipes up

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/11/02/the-
quickest-salad-ever/

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/11/02/spanish-omelette/

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/11/02/chicken-vindaloo/

Spanish omelette

4 sweet potatoes, sliced or cubed
2 whole mackerel
4 eggs (I cut it down to 3, you’ll see why in the
recipe)
1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
1 small red onion, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
4 atarodo, sliced
3 carrots, diced
50g of green beans, sliced in 1 inch pieces
1 teaspoon of paprika or curry powder
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 double stock cube
2 teaspoons of salt

Method...go to the blog for full directions and pictorial
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:18am On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dhotseal(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pls can somebody help me with the recipe for Chicken Goulash. Wants to make a surprise Sunday lunch for my beautiful wife tomorrow. Since she hasn't stopped talking about how she loved Chicken Goulash. I made her eat it for the first time on her birthday in May this year and now she keeps wishing she knew how to make it. So I want to make it for her...and then teach her myself how to make it. PLEASE HELP. Thank you .

1 Like

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by eimuhb(f): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
Y did uu delete the vanilla n chocolate cake recipe from ur blog?
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
eimuhb: Y did uu delete the vanilla n chocolate cake recipe from ur blog?

Hi, eimuhb, I did so cos the blog now focuses on healthier recipes, you get?. The recipes are below

To Die For Chocolate Cake

1 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup, brewed, hot coffee

Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two 8" pans (grease and flour, bake release or parchment paper). Sift flour and measure out 1 3/4 cups. To the flour, add baking soda, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Sift into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the sugar. Mix till combined (I used a wooden spoon) In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Pour buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients and beat just until smooth. Add coffee and mix just until incorporated. Divide batter evenly between the two pans. It will be runny, but don't worry, it is as it should be. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick stuck in the center of each cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cakes as desired.

Ps: This recipe doubles perfectly. Just double all the ingredients except the oil. I would use 3/4 cup of oil in the doubled version.

If I can, you can,

Deema.

Vanilla Cake (adapted from Kaboose)

2 cups sugar (I use 1 1/2 cups of sugar)
4 eggs (I use 3 eggs, because I find 4 makes it taste eggy)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil(please do not use groundnut oil, I found out the hard way)
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt

METHOD
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line two 9-inch round cake pans with baking paper, or grease and flour them.
In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the milk, oil, and vanilla into the sugar mix, beat well. Then pour the wet mix into the dry mix and beat for another minute, just until the batter is smooth and creamy. Don't over beat. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan(s).
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick poked into the center of the layer comes out. Loosen the sides of the cake from the pan with a thin knife, then turn out onto a rack and peel off the paper. Let cool completely before covering with frosting, if desired.

NOTE: Here, I would like to add something about cake pans. I find that the cake pans which are commonly available here are 4 inch-5 inch deep. I don't really like baking in them. Where I can, I use 2 inch deep pans, and bake in layers, and fill the cakes. If, however, you prefer using the really deep ones, please do so. The difference would be that you would use one pan, instead of two, and you would bake for longer at lower heat.

If I can, you can,

Deema

If there are others you would like, please let me know
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Okazi

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by dapotanye(m): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice website, Less i forget, let me tell you about XTY SOUP GURU, yes XTY SOUP GURU, they specialize in cooking local soup_ Egusi, Ogbono(draw soup), Efo riro, Edikan ikong, Oha soup, Omi obe(stew), pepper soup, Gbegiri(bean soup), Bitter leaf(black soup), Okro, Afang(okazi), Efirin(scent leaf), Banga(ofe-akwu), etc for paties, events and home service. Their contact:- 29, Alasia compound Oshodi; christyda@yahoo.com; 08025630573, 08065126517, 07081707005
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:09am On Dec 03, 2013
The fruitful kitchen bb pin- 26369931
U can also join my bbm channel (the fruitful kitchen) for offers and promos available for Abuja residents
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:52am On Dec 09, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
Dreamsinbc: New recipe up
http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/04/groundnut-soup/

Hmm, looks good! Om nom nom!
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
Yield:

Hmm, looks good! Om nom nom!

Thank youuuuu
Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:22am On Dec 20, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2013

Re: Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:39am On Dec 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" / Mention Your Cooking Disasters Here / I Need A Daily Food Time Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.