Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush (6448 Views)

Wanted Dimka Lured To Afikpo Due To Lust For Girlfriend / Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by VUB(f): 8:59am On May 31, 2008
Jokolo equally spoke on the Dimka coup that killed the former Head of State, General Murtala Muhammed and ushered in General Olusegun Obasanjo in 1976; insisting that Obasanjo knew about the coup before Dimka and other officers struck.

He says that Obasanjo is a coward who went into hiding while the Dimka coup lasted and that he only surfaced after it had been quelled by troops organised by Danjuma and MD Yusuf, the former officer in charge of Special Branch.

Perhaps, an insight into the relationship between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his former Minister of Defence in his last administration, Lt General TY Danjuma would help unravel the unpredictable nature of the relationship.

See full interview at:

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/may/31/national-31-05-2008-001.htm
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by VUB(f): 9:31am On May 31, 2008
It is the same thing like Obasanjo. He, too was a coward. Because here was a Head of State who used to go to office early; but suddenly, on that day (coup day of February 1976) he was not in the office. He was nowhere to be found. But Murtala was ambushed on his way to the office by the coup plotters.

Are you saying by inference that Obasanjo knew about the coup in which Murtala was killed?
I am saying he knew about the coup. If you read Aristocratic Rebel by M.D Yusuf…He (Yusuf) is a very intelligent person who knows his onions. He was Head of Special Branch at that time. He (Obasanjo) actually knew about the coup against Gowon at that time. He warned Gowon about it. As Head of Special Branch, which later became NSO, he was their boss. So, he made insinuation to that effect.

That Obasanjo knew about Dimka’s coup?
Yes. That’s what he said. The coup that killed Murtala; Obasanjo knew about it. So, if MD Yusuf spoke something like that, nobody can dispute it. And to add onion to it, where was he (Obasanjo). Everybody went to the office early except him. Murtala was on his way to the office, he was ambushed. Danjuma was already in the office. He was unaware of it. The Chief of Staff under Murtala didn’t turn up in the office. He was not there. He was in hiding. He was calling them and he was not telling them where he was. By the time…. It was MD Yusuf and Danjuma who organized the groups that put down the coup. He only resurfaced later.

He didn’t even disclose where he was. The COS (SHQ) who was next in command. He knew Murtala was killed. So, he was number two in the order of precedence in the hierarchy. But he was missing. At one time, he remained incommunicado. He was not even communicating with them. But how come he was not in the office before Murtala which was what used to happen before the day of the coup? Instead, people shot Dumuje who looked like Obasanjo, except he was lighter with his mustache and his features. They look alike. So when they looked at General Dumuje they mistook him for Obasanjo and he was shot. So, they had something in common. When Obasanjo was going to be Head of State… like I told you in the last interview, Obasanjo was playing low profile to study situations like Octopus study, plan and execute.
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by VUB(f): 9:37am On May 31, 2008
Obj is a bloody green snake in a green grass
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by 4Him1(m): 3:14pm On May 31, 2008
na today? Jokolo should go and joko jare.
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by maxsiollun: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2008
Revisionist history. If OBJ knew about the coup, then why did key figures in the regime such as Danjuma, Yar'Adua (Sr) and Buhari permit him to become Head of State? after all, other senior officers like Bisalla were tried and executed,
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by BecomeRich: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2008
obasanjo did not know anything of the coup, na aje sara. na juju the man get. how was he not killed during the civil war. no be yoruba man, they have juju you can do to avoid trouble. jokolo.
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by Backslider(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2008
OBASANJO KNEW ABOUT THE COUP YES AND SO WHAT.

OBASANJO DID NOT HAVE DETAIL. BUT HE KNEW SOMETHING WAS BREWING.

IF U HAVE INTELLIGENCE AND YOU PASS TO YOUR CIC AND HE BELIEVES HE IS A POLITICAL SOLDIER THAT EVERYBODY LIKED WHAT CAN YOU DO? THE ARMY WAS NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE COUP THAT IS WHY IT FAILED. I HAVE READ A COMPLETE UNBIASED MILITARY REPORT ON THIS ISSUE YEARS BACK IN MY FATHERS LIBARY. PEOPLE WERE SECRETLY FOR IT.
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by Backslider(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2008
ask any soldier you dont argue with a man with superior fire power.
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by RibaduFan(m): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
It is called Madarikan.

If the battle is on the right, u must go left (even if it is against ur wish) and vice versa. Every Yorubaman in the military had one (back then in the 60s and 70s). Doubt me, talk to Adekunle (Red Scorpion).

Abeg Monkey yato si Chimp
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by DRANOEL(m): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2009
i have always said that obasanjo remains one of the biggest cowards in nigeria"s shemful history
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by FrankC3: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2009
All these attempts to rewrite history.

Accuse OBJ of greed and any other thing and i may agree but i am sure that even a sophomore psychology student will tell you that the man is not a coward.

OBJ, an overbearing personality, an alpha male character, a predominant choleric  temperament,  he is more like Ceaser. Ambitious, greedy, strong craving for perfect control of situations, native and ready intelligence to deal with situation as they arise with whatever quantity of information available,  that is OBJ's personality and that personality, my friend has no room for cowardice!!!

To me, apart from the greed and ambition component which i greatly detest, that guy would have been the greatest leader the country has had. He just couldn't tame some beasts within.

1 Like

Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by franko2: 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2011
who cares what beef jokolo has with obj? he was a failure himself, a prince who was removed like the blood-sucking cancer he was
obj has come and gone, y these also-rans should want to drag us back to those days when feudalism was the system i dont know, abeg make we hia word jare
Re: Jokolo: Obj Knew About Dimka Coup, But Cowardly Ran Into The Bush by hercules07: 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
Frank C has got Obasanjo spot on.

(1) (Reply)

You Cannot Reasonably Be A Minority In Your Ancestral Land -radio Biafra / Abayomi Adeshida: NUJ FCT Outraged, Demand Sanctions / When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.