Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" (3200 Views)

Photos From Fatal Accident Close To UNIZIK In Awka Area Of Anambra State / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) / Sweet Home Colorado!! ;D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" by Hotstepper(f): 3:53pm On May 27, 2006
A good friend of mine and very observant one for that matter suggested I post this so I am doing the honour. I am so much proud, in love with my town with all the hating the town is getting although itz getting to be loved cuz one way of the other, without the town, sum ppl would be spending alot, here is a lil bit of my hometown, other NNEWIANS here and well wishers that gat sumthing to include, please feel free to do so. The town is very accomodating one etc.

Nnewi is the second largest city in Anambra state (HOME FOR ALL) in southeastern Nigeria (in the region formerly known as Republic of Biafra). Nnewi comprises of four autonomous villages namely Otolo, Uruagu, Umudim, and Nnewi-ichi. It is made up of about 3 million in habitatants

Nnewi city hosts a prestigious center of excellence in medicine, the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH). Nnewi is probably the most industrialized city in Africa. Its industries include palm oil, cosmetics, motor and motorcycle spare parts, books and stationeries, textiles, weaving, and other industries. It is also the home of largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa. No wonder it is nicknamed “JAPAN OF AFRICA” since virtually all motor and motorcycle parts of all brands can be repaired or reconstructed in the city. Other markets include Nkwo Nnewi and Nwafor market.

Nnewi is rich in human resources as well, with successful entrepreneurs, educators, engineers, industries, medical doctors, traders to mention a few. Nnewi people can be found in every part of Africa and beyond. As business people, they found and nurture small scale business into cooperate investments. Most business, commercial, and residential buildings throughout Nigeria and Africa are owned by Igbo people with Nnewi people as a significant driving force.

Nnewi is the ancestral home of some prominent Nigerians like Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu known as “Ikemba Nnewi”, former President of defunct Republic of Biafra, Chief Nwafor Orizu, former nationalist and first Republic Senate President, Chief M.C.K Ajuluchukwu, nationalist, anti-colonial fighter and first Republic law-maker, and Chief Augustine Illodibe, CEO of Ekene Dili Chukwu industries to mention but a few.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA
LONG LIVE IGBOLAND
LONG LIVE ANAMBRA STATE
LONG LIVE NNEWI
Re: Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" by Genial(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2006
tongue

We are warriors in my place!! tongue tongue
Re: Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" by mamaput(f): 10:44am On May 28, 2006
Hotstepper . Did i miss out on something i thought you were in canada or was it USA what are you doing in Nigeria ? Visiting or staying.
Re: Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" by LoverBwoy(m): 2:15pm On May 28, 2006
she is in canada just reppin igboland and her Village/town NNewi

@hotstepper have u got pics of the place or some personal pics when u last visited the place or anywhere near it grin

Nice topic Ms NNEWI 2006 cool
Re: Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" by ldollier(f): 2:22pm On May 28, 2006
aww kiss kiss kiss Hotstepper, you make me proud to be from Anambra state, better yet NNewi. gurl that was lovely. cry cry cry cry cheesy cheesy cheesy. Men, i love this.
Re: Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" by Hotstepper(f): 5:21pm On May 28, 2006
I am in Canada but my mind and soul is at Nnewi, lol, as for the pixs, I will take sum this xmas so u'all should watch out, I will look fr sum pixs i took in 2004 although itz mostly in doors and might not be clear but am gonna try tongue
Re: Introducing My Home Sweet Home "nnewi: In Anambra State" by LoverBwoy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2006
we are waiting for an update madam Nnewi, hope you got your 4gb memory stick for your camera

(1) (Reply)

Woman Is Seen On Plane Drying Her Panties With The Overhead Air Vent In Airplane / How To Be An FRSC "Special Marshal" / Cameroonian Woman Drowns In A Jungle While "Trekking" To America. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.