Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years (12791 Views)

Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by dolphinife: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
The Ogun state's industrialisation project has received a strong boost as thirty-five new firms have opened their production plants in the state's industrial estates in the last two years.

Some of the new companies are WEMPCO STEEL MILLS, DANGOTE CEMENT, MAY&BAKER and GOLDEN PASTA. Others are GOODWILL CERAMICS, ADE DISTRIBUTION AND INVESTMENT LIMITED AND AFRICAN FOUNDRIES LIMITED. Apart from that, 80 new companies presently have their applications before the state government via the ministry of commerce and industry. This disclosure was made by the State's commissioner for commerce and industry, Bimbo Ashiru, "We need to realise that commerce and industry is the key. Let me put it this way, if you are talking about internally generated revenue, it has to be driven by commercial activities in the state.

The state, in its bid to maintain its position as the largest industrial estate in Nigeria, has introduced many incentives for investors and this include a one-stop shop which has reduced bureaucratic bottlenecks in seeking the necessary permits to do business in the state. Mineral resources in the state include Limestone, Bitumen, Phosphate, Kaolin, Tar sand and clay some of which can be mined for the next 500 years, according to analysis.

The State's industrial estates include Abeokuta-Lagos/Abeokuta estate, Ota-Idi Iroko estate, Agbara-OPIC estate, Ijebu Ode-Ikangba estate, and Ogijo-Ikorodu estate, others are Ilaro-Ibeshe estate, Sagamu-Benin road estate and Ijebu Igbo-Oru estate.

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by asha80(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
sooner than later ogun would become the most industrialised state in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
asha 80: sooner than later ogun would become the most industrialised state in nigeria.

Ogun will certainly be one of the most radically transformed States in Nigeria within the next 6 years if Amosun carries on his good work and sustain the focus and pace with which he is working. Very impressive Governor. We actually discussed the initiatives of the Amosun government, aimed at attracting investment and industrialization to the State, in the past on this forum. Glad to see good plans yielding desired results.

8 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by pandriod: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
asha 80: sooner than later ogun would become the most industrialised state in nigeria.

. . .and sooner, the ibos will tell you how they developed Ogun State.Just watch out.

6 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by asha80(m): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
pandriod:

. . .and sooner, the ibos will tell you how they developed Ogun State.Just watch out.
can we just focus on the topic?
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
asha 80: can we just focus on the topic?

The multiplier effect of rapid industrialization of Ogun State will include the welcomed decongestion of Lagos. I was very impressed to read that Amosun had signed an MOU for a light rail network as well. Certainly exciting times for Ogun State and her people.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by asha80(m): 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
Gbawe:

The multiplier effect of rapid industrialization of Ogun State will include the welcomed decongestion of Lagos. I was very impressed to read that Amosun had signed an MOU for a light rail network as well. Certainly exciting times for Ogun State and her people.
i am skeptical about mou on anything rail.some state have signed that before and nothing came to fruition.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
asha 80: i am skeptical about mou on anything rail.some state have signed that before and nothing came to fruition.

Your pessimism is not misplaced yet I am somewhat confident Amosun will deliver on such before the end of his tenure looking at his pre-election pledges and what has actually been achieved to date.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by taharqa2: 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
Any New Cop that opens shop any where in Nigeria (esp for those Big Cops) has more to do with d FEDERAL GOVERNMENT than d State Govts of those States d Cops are sited. Collaboration bw both Govts, YES; but d FEDs take d largest slice. By far..... Just making this clarification for sake of d Chief Resident HYPOCRITE on NL, who has already commented here. He knows himself

3 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by baby124: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
taharqa2: Any New Cop that opens shop any where in Nigeria (esp for those Big Cops) has more to do with d FEDERAL GOVERNMENT than d State Govts of those States d Cops are sited. Collaboration bw both Govts, YES; but d FEDs take d largest slice. By far..... Just making this clarification for sake of d Chief Resident HYPOCRITE on NL, who has already commented here. He knows himself
The fact that you are looking for political praise in this kind of situation makes your comment cheap and desperate. The federal government can only promise. The state governments make the environment conducive for companies to operate and also go out to seek FDI

7 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by olivertwist: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
taharqa2: Any New Cop that opens shop any where in Nigeria (esp for those Big Cops) has more to do with d FEDERAL GOVERNMENT than d State Govts of those States d Cops are sited. Collaboration bw both Govts, YES; but d FEDs take d largest slice. By far..... Just making this clarification for sake of d Chief Resident HYPOCRITE on NL, who has already commented here. He knows himself

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Comedian
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Tolexander: 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
why you dey fear to mention and yab gbawe directly for goodness sake?

Can't see him holding any cane to spank you now!
Maybe you are afraid of e-spanking!

2 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by CyberG: 6:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
Nice to see Ogun State taking a giant leap forward! Today, there was news that Lagos' IGR now has hit N 13 Tr ($87 B) grin grin. Oyo's GDP has always been second to Lagos in the SW and I hope they are massively pulling themselves ahead too, faster! I heard that Ekiti has now quadrupled its IGR too...really great news! I hope they can all with Osun and Ondo, move as a unit and as a people (regardless of political leadership) to liberate us entirely from the shackles of gradualism and slow leaving by the PDP, FG and other units of retrogression in the country.

4 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by seanet02: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
This Will Make Some People From The East Cry Again

3 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
The best reason why I'd advise most to invest in this region....
Lagos will be what New York is to the US in 2020. And Ogun state will be the New Jersey (the state that powers and provides for NY)....Call for plum and no-hassle prime real estate plots and acres in choice areas such as Mowe, Ifo, Ewekoro (not far from Elephant Cement) Ofada, Owode, Ikorodu (behind laspo), Atan, Lusada (behind covenant, bells uni), Ayobo, Ijoko, and other choice locatio
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
CyberG: Nice to see Ogun State taking a giant leap forward! Today, there was news that Lagos' IGR now has hit N 13 Tr ($87 B) grin grin. Oyo's GDP has always been second to Lagos in the SW and I hope they are massively pulling themselves ahead too, faster! I heard that Ekiti has now quadrupled its IGR too...really great news! I hope they can all with Osun and Ondo, move as a unit and as a people (regardless of political leadership) to liberate us entirely from the shackles of gradualism and slow leaving by the PDP, FG and other units of retrogression in the country.

I think the report isnt even well researched. There are way more, as everyone is running down here now. Its safer, lesser task, and the host are wonderful folks.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by taharqa2: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
baby_123:
The fact that you are looking for political praise in this kind of situation makes your comment cheap and desperate. The federal government can only promise. The state governments make the environment conducive for companies to operate and also go out to seek FDI
Oh! SHUT yr ffucking mouth. The thread does not interest me in d least. I only commented cos of a certain HYPOCRITE, who wud want to tell us continuously that A is not doing anything, but praise B to high heavens for a particular action that A contributed most to. The HYPOCRISM and Double Speak pisssed me off; cudn't care less bout d topic otherwise

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by CyberG: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
aasog1:

I think the report isnt even well researched. There are way more, as everyone is running down here now. Its safer, lesser task, and the host are wonderful folks.

Assog1, it is good to read what you posted! However, should you have the ears of the Ogun State government, let them read Nairaland to feel the pulses of the people especially the Yorubas for whom they are the custodian of power, our lands, heritage and culture. Our lands should be sold to only Yorubas and leased to any other foreigner ONLY! Big conglomerates can lease for even longer periods of time or buy for the maximum period of a least of 70 or 100 years I am not sure but not to the type of people who insult us like they did to Professor Wole Soyinka who fought for them and went to prison for 22 months, not people like Governor Fashola and certainly not to the least of the smallest of the Yorubas who own the lands! If they did it to Soyinka and Fashola, defending them today is ill-thought, a bad decision because tomorrow, Governor Amosun or whoever is there will be insulted! They even have the temerity to insult god-like legends like Chief Awolowo, they have so crossed the lines and there is no chance of keeping an enemy as a friend who will be the first to give you away were our lands under any conflict situation from external threats! We can all live in Nigeria and be one happy country, but we need all sides of Nigeria developed and so we now need them in the east, in their lands to develop it while we do ours, we can be neighbours from a distance!

8 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by ba7man(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
taharqa2: Oh! SHUT yr ffucking mouth. The thread does not interest me in d least. I only commented cos of a certain HYPOCRITE, who wud want to tell us continuously that A is not doing anything, but praise B to high heavens for a particular action that A contributed most to. The HYPOCRISM and double pissses me off; cudn't care less bout d topic otherwise
You're so right, the Presidency specifically told those companies to open up shop in Ogun State and gave them land to operate on.

The market population and ports aren't far off and Ogun isn't as Congested as Lagos.....So its only right that's the next destination for investments.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by taharqa2: 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tolexander: why you dey fear to mention and yab gbawe directly for goodness sake?

Take yr time o, @Tolexander. Fear who na?? Wetin sef!! Is @Gbawe d only HYPOCRITE that hv commented on this thread? Abi, are u saying he is THE Chief I was talking about??.... Una see am? No bi me talk am o grin grin grin
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by amarilo: 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
CyberG:

Assog1, it is good to read what you posted! However, should you have the ears of the Ogun State government, let them read Nairaland to feel the pulses of the people especially the Yorubas for whom they are the custodian of power, our lands, heritage and culture. Our lands should be sold to only Yorubas and leased to any other foreigner ONLY! Big conglomerates can lease for even longer periods of time or buy for the maximum period of a least of 70 or 100 years I am not sure but not to the type of people who insult us like they did to Professor Wole Soyinka who fought for them and went to prison for 22 months, not people like Governor Fashola and certainly not to the least of the smallest of the Yorubas who own the lands! If they did it to Soyinka and Fashola, defending them today is ill-thought, a bad decision because tomorrow, Governor Amosun or whoever is there will be insulted! They even have the temerity to insult god-like legends like Chief Awolowo, they have so crossed the lines and there is no chance of keeping an enemy as a friend who will be the first to give you away were our lands under any conflict situation from external threats! We can all live in Nigeria and be one happy country, but we need all sides of Nigeria developed and so we now need them in the east, in their lands to develop it while we do ours, we can be neighbours from a distance!
A hungry man with land can sale to anybody as far as the person matched his price. Watch how UMU Igbo will be buying in Acres very soon. I even bought 5 plots from one Igbo man that bought from a community in Agbara. Watch out when my supermarket will be opened soon. We are the type of people ogun state govt need, people that will invest liquid money not people that are seeking for job like you.

5 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by skyfall: 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
Good news from Ogun state. More of this kind of news please. We can all see the good quality leadership that's in the SW.

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by RedReact: 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
With the sky-rocketing population of Lagos, Ogun and Oyo States should be the next berth for industrialization in the SW region, but adequate planning should be done now so as to checkmate future environmental and infrastructural challenges.

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by pandriod: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
amarilo: A hungry man with land can sale to anybody as far as the person matched his price. Watch how UMU Igbo will be buying in Acres very soon. I even bought 5 plots from one Igbo man that bought from a community in Agbara. Watch out when my supermarket will be opened soon. We are the type of people ogun state govt need, people that will invest liquid money not people that are seeking for job like you.
^^^
I said it.

pandriod:

The parasites will come after the meal is cooked to feast on. This particular breed will later want to claim the ownership of the place. Lol.

#By the way, can you take your shopping whatever to the east?

4 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by FRDChickenisha: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hopefully, Ondo, Ekiti Oyo etc follow Lagos and Ogun. E dide eyin omo Yoruba.
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
baby_123:

Ignore the charlatan. Small minds only discuss personalities and that is what the annoying groupie tw1t is doing here. Another e-nuisance and loser hardly worth paying attention to. He is a liar anyway and everyone knows this is what he does here and has been discredited for i.e steal credit from any ACN administrator to fraudulently bestow upon an FG that does not have much going for it. Those who are well-informed know Amosun always had very robust plans for attracting industry and FDI to Ogun State.

This began with the setting up of the one-stop shop to reduce bottleneck potential investors faced and to provide them with a single destination for every information/assistance they need to set up business in Ogun State.

See him discredited below yourself to discern his modus operandi that makes his appearance and input here predictable:

https://www.nairaland.com/1350906/aregbesola-creates-3000-fresh-jobs/1

1 Like

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tolexander: why you dey fear to mention and yab gbawe directly for goodness sake?

He is a coward and big olodo who has been mentally scarred by the many e-spanking he has received here. No surprise he is too scared to mention names. Look at how he started in precisely the same manner below till he was sent scurrying back to his filthy cave of sycophancy:

https://www.nairaland.com/1350906/aregbesola-creates-3000-fresh-jobs

Ogun State is simply witnessing the positive results deriving from the deliberate and well-thought out effort of inspired leadership to aid industrialisation. Yet one cave-dweller is yapping on about the FG. What sad losers and attention-seeking trolls we have on this forum.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28046-ogun-targets-10000-industries

Ogun Targets 10,000 Industries
Monday, 12 September 2011

The current administration of Governor Ibikunle Amosun is determined to increase the number of industries in Ogun State to about 10,000 in the next four years.

The number of companies, which currently is about 1,500, is expected to increase, owing to the creation of a one-stop shop in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, which will reduce bureaucratic bottlenecks for prospective investors.

The state Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Chief Bimbo Ashiru, disclosed this during a tour of industries at the Ado Odo-Ota axis of the state.

Chief Ashiru maintained that adequate infrastructure had been put in place to assure investors of optimum returns on their investments, urging them to always reciprocate government’s goodwill through prompt payment of their taxes.

“The state already has a bad representation of being one of the worst locations to site a business, but the present administration is poised to change that perception through the creation of this one-stop shop for prospective investors in the state,” he stated.

2 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Tolexander: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
taharqa2: Take yr time o, @Tolexander. Fear who na?? Wetin sef!! Is @Gbawe d only HYPOCRITE that hv commented on this thread? Abi, are u saying he is THE Chief I was talking about??.... Una see am? No bi me talk am o grin grin grin
am only trying to tell you to be straightforward instead of the hiding behind a finger.
Mr Gbawe is a nice man!
cheesy
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by CyberG: 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
amarilo: A hungry man with land can sale to anybody as far as the person matched his price. Watch how UMU Igbo will be buying in Acres very soon. I even bought 5 plots from one Igbo man that bought from a community in Agbara. Watch out when my supermarket will be opened soon. We are the type of people ogun state govt need, people that will invest liquid money not people that are seeking for job like you.

You are very funny! I will not have a useless back and forth with you, whether I need a job or not is not your business. I am telling you now, it doesn't matter if you bought 50 plots, GO BACK and buy land in your village. There will be no C of O granted for non-Yorubas on our lands anymore, in case you think paying some money to buy land by force means anything. Before, there was abandoned property, the Yorubas are asking they don't want any abandoned land issue, so it is better to go to your place where you really own. We are proud of our lands and while we care not if others are so proud, it is our right to protect it! Buying land that C of Os will not be issued for is a waste of time and money! It is better you work hard in your land to elect Ngige or Soludo and turn it in to Dubai or Japan or anything else you like!

5 Likes

Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Gbawe: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
olivertwist:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Comedian

One that tell awful jokes as well smiley smiley smiley
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Abagworo(m): 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2013

I believe Ogun tops at the moment in terms of medium and large scale but Abia still leads in small and medium scale though..
Re: 35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
SE.. shame angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Present Darkness: A History Of Nigerian Organised Crime. - The Economist / Flooding Imminent As Rivers Niger, Benue Rise / An Open Letter To The .Inspector General Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.