Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (20178 Views)

See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by DECOtech(m): 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
lekkie073:
molues don't ply ojuelegba.....or u mean barracks?
He must have meant during his time in Lag.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by made1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
Men I miss the food , i miss the social gatherings, i miss the bad roads and the beautiful steamy weather..
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by GoodFaith: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
bebe2:

Hahahaha wat a looooooney
Great to know that you are insane and foolish
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by OMA4U(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
See as people dey miss 'this and that'. God abeg answer my prayer fast, me sef wan dey miss Naija o. Life's good o jare. Make I go enjoy beta life
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by alisigwe(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
k.style:
Abeg no vex...pple wey dey central africa republic,eritrae,somali stil folo 4 9jirians in diaspora?....m abt leavin sha 4 canada...i knw m gonna miss d formings wey our girls dey do especialy kpako girls....dem go wan folo dey say 'OMG',WOW'.....n all mu homies on d street...1 day evrytyn go soft pas ashawo b.0obs
. I feel you bro! U get mouth jare!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by godsI(m): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Finacial freedom without goverment interference and scrutiny. Nigeria, here i come.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by ms22059: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
NOTHING.....I repeat Nothing
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by optimusprime2(m): 2:27am On Nov 14, 2013
I miss those days Nigeria frustrated me...
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Emela95: 4:58am On Nov 14, 2013
we miss nothing here at Houston Texas.... here na another lagos ... we have virtually everything you can think of from naija
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2013
My family.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by niyitogun(m): 7:05am On Nov 14, 2013
Family, friends, hot weather, gulder and peppersoup. That's pretty much all for me.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by tonychristopher: 7:18am On Nov 14, 2013
Littlehooper:

SAVE UR DATA BUNDLE ....
KEEP TALKING TRASH

what do you expect from a baboooon that bears little grasshopper. such a disgrace...igbos make the most of the environment they found themselves so go mate a transformser biko
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Ike77503(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2013
Me, I no miss nothing...living in HOUSTON is like living in Suru-Lere. however, GrandMa dey bring me come naija periodically..Abeg, if you agree confirm with a Like smiley
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by dasparrow: 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Post

When I was living in the States, I missed certain Nigerian food like Suya, pounded yam made in the motar, ponmo, vegetable soup and so forth. I missed living in a black society where people do not castigate or discriminate against me because of the color of my skin. Now that I am temporarily back to Nigeria, I miss the serenity and quiet of the western society, the orderliness, the constant light, the clean streets. However, I don't miss the racism and I honestly don't look forward to going back to experience it again. Sigh! undecided I wish Nigeria had constant light, constant clean tap water and the society was orderly and tribalism and corruption was minimal or does not exist, who would even dream of abroad? not me. Anyways, when basic amenities are readily available and constant, I will be able to live in Nigeria for good. Till then, I guess abroad it will be. embarassed

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by vivixander: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
I miss having help. Even though goods are relatively cheap here, services are expensive so help is not readily affordable. I miss coming home after a long day at work to a warm bath, a set dinner table and a sparkling house, all thanks to my househelp.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by emmanginja: 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
abeg,i no lie you. i miss bike men ,wey they hussle for road,and at the same time they quarell with conductors and bus drivers,even if na them dey at fault.
i miss my banga soup shaaa.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
fedimol:

Okoro, NA u be this?

Okoro dey drink gaari Ijebu ??
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2013
dont they have nigerian suya spots in your location? grin
ogugua88: Suya. Abacha. My cousins. Suya. My grandmother. Suya.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by lesster(m): 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
I miss the food,right from the farm,unlike the junks we eat ere,even the so called African foods we buy have all gone through one process or the other.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by bluerange(f): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2013
Not missing much foodwise in Nairobi, fiofio dey market but l not fit waste gas to cook am, okro and plantain dey here, salad things over cheap here, varieties of beans full here but l never see olotu not to talk of oloyin! palm oil comes from congo.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
eyaah! No too console yourself sis,talk true when be the last time you chop proper african meal?
bluerange: Not missing much foodwise in Nairobi, fiofio dey market but l not fit waste gas to cook am, okro and plantain dey here, salad things over cheap here, varieties of beans full here but l never see olotu not to talk of oloyin! palm oil comes from congo.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
cheksbry: dont they have nigerian suya spots in your location? grin

The closest one is two hours away and they don't use pepper so that oyibos can eat it too. cry
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by bluerange(f): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
@cheksbry, if u are around nairobi and want to eat home food daily that is no problem, with just N485 you can easily eat a plate of semolina and any local soup of your choice laced with meat and dried fish, all these at nwanyi awka's place!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
chei! nne i nokwa na ofe grin.....never knew nwanyi nanka abi awka....set up shop in nairobi
bluerange: @cheksbry, if u are around nairobi and want to eat home food daily that is no problem, with just N485 you can easily eat a plate of semolina and any local soup of your choice laced with meat and dried fish, all these at nwanyi awka's place!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
eyaah,pele smiley smiley....how do i send you some of this kilishi with me here grin
ogugua88:

The closest one is two hours away and they don't use pepper so that oyibos can eat it too. cry
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by MrMac10(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
I miss mama nkechy ; NEPA ;playing football on the streets yabbing amongst my niggerz they plenty die
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
cheksbry: eyaah,pele smiley smiley....how do i send you some of this kilishi with me here grin

I don't like kilishi actually lol.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Kamkamdd: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
Once in a while u can buy some of these food items in small quantities from nig.That's wat we do.We package according to ur specification.Just hit me up!Tanx!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by sundoj08(m): 2:34am On Feb 21, 2015
pwettyolly:
Am in Cyprus I miss amala so badly no hair extension no easy access 2 roadside tailor or cobblers infact I miss everything about Nigeria I miss d constant road side noise
hey miss got a question for you, you mind?
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by opeyemi2015: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2015
Ajo o da bi home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Survives Gas Explosion In Malaysia (Photos) / PHOTOS: Trailer Falls In Ajegunle, Lagos / What Is BTA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.