Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria (1725 Views)

Change Your Passwords: 2 Million Facebook/Google/Yahoo/Twitter Passwords Stolen / List Of Top 10 Countries By Number Of Internet Users (naija Made The List) / Nigeria Ranks Top As Internet Users In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 3:54pm On May 27, 2006
There are nearly 2 million Internet users in Nigeria as at September 2005.

NIGERIA

NG - 159,404,137 population - Country Area: 923,768 sq km

Capital City: Abuja - GNI p.c.US$ 290 ('02)

1,769,700 Internet users as of Sept/05, 1.1% of the population, per ITU.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/africa.htm
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by kazey(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2006
Thats impressive considering the cost of access. Can we get 1 dollar profit each from 2 million users monthly? thinking in business sense grin
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Oracle(m): 10:57pm On May 28, 2006
well if u ask me i'll say itz more than that
they just gave a statistics
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 10:05am On May 29, 2006
Kazey, you and Seun know better!

I will not reveal my trade secrets gratis online.

But I know three young Nigerian Web Wizards who are going to become Internet millionaires very soon. And I mean millionaires in dollars!
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by kazey(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2006
@Orikinla hahaha I understand . Its all good.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by NetGuy(m): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2006
Thanks for the info, at least i know how much i will make if i market my info-products to nigerians. thank you for helping me discover the huge potential of my info-business in nigeria.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2006
The access to the Internet should actually increase along with the increasing mobile phone users in Nigeria.

The Minister of Communication is just concentrating on GSM and seems to be clueless on how to boost the mileage and patronage of the Internet in Nigeria.

The Internet will fetch more revenue for Nigeria if the Minister of Communication knows what to do.

The desktops should replace all the TV sets in Nigeria and provide fast speed Internet Access to subscribers who should pay for Internet Access Recharge Cards just like the GSM.

Nigerian TV Stations and Cable TV Operators can use the Iinternet to broadcast their programmes and the Radio Stations can do the same.

I am working on broadcasting News Live on my http://nigeriantimes..com and on the main Nigerian Times website before October 1st. Because, I am going commercial this year.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by kazey(m): 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2006
Orikinla:

I am working on broadcasting News Live on my http://nigeriantimes..com and on the main Nigerian Times website before October 1st. Because, I am going commercial this year.

wow !! Looking forward to that.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by omogenikky(f): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2006
out of 200 million plus nigerians!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by deal4real: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2006
This is good to hear! It's a start!
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by kellygirl(f): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2006
wow nearly 2million cheesy cheesy cheesy na wa oooooooo nigerians.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Jalal(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2006
Hey 2 million thats not bad but can be MUCH better, considering our very large poupulation!!
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Ka: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2006
Hmph.

Who is an 'internet user'?

Is he someone who has access to the internet from the comfort of his bedroom?

Or is he someone who has to travel five miles to his nearest cybercafe, and while there experience the joys of server downtime so that he is only able to open his mailbox before his purchased time online is used up?

I'll be keeping the bottle of celebratory kunu firmly corked, thank you.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2006

You people make me laugh!!! Anyway shaa where there is population there is business, sort-off.

Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by gbengaijot(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2006
@orikinla, i can see you are into internet biz, i beg how did u desing a customised template for your blog?, dats cool, make u tell me please. Also i dont mind some tutorials oooooo,
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2006
I suggest we divide that number by 2.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by bolaoni(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2006
Oriki,

Great blog you've got there. Never knew one can manipulate Blogger to that level. wink
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by miky(m): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2006
given from where we started from its wonderful, and great news hopefully our next administration consentrate on things like this.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Radiant(f): 1:09am On Feb 06, 2007
2 mill out of the whole population? Not impressed.
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by Alexos(m): 9:59am On Feb 06, 2007
How many percentage of those people are doing the right thing?

Over 80% of that figure are SCAMMERS
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by sbucareer(f): 10:07am On Feb 07, 2007

How do you measure internet users? Is it by the amount of internet browser users or registered ISP subscribers?
Re: Nearly 2 Million Internet Users In Nigeria by demmy(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2007
How do you measure internet users? Is it by the amount of internet browser users or registered ISP subscribers?

Estimates are made from number of ISP subscribers, number of phone lines, number of internet cafes (mostly in case of developing countries) and by the number of unique IP connections coming from the country.

NG - 162,082,868 population - Country Area: 923,768 sq km
  Capital City: Abuja - GNI p.c.US$ 290 ('02)
  5,000,000 Internet users as of Sept/06, 3.1% of the population, per ITU.

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing / How Much Does It Cost To Buy A Laptop(hp) Screen / How To Set Up Your Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.