Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,948 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? (996 Views)

Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible / Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago / Second Coming Of Jesus: Almost 2000 Years Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by ehixking(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
In those years pastors were really devoted to serving God and have no other jobs.they had no other source of livelihood but relie on thanksgiving tithes and offerings.And more so they always take care of their floks..but these days pastor collect our tithes,offerings,and thanksgiving they buyaircraft and don't even care about the poor,church universities are the most expensive to attend....don't you think we should review the bible expecially the aspect of tithe and start giving our tithe to beggars and Needy that can't pay us back
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by ZACHIE: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
choose one, bro.
reviewed or revived.
thanks.
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
The word of God is not one that can be compromised to suit any generation, you either live by it or choose another religion, mind you if you think your pastor is using your tithe for irrelevant things, you have the right to stop paying tithe and rather use the money to support the less privileged, it might seems as if you dont pay tithe to the Church but to God you have equally done what the tithe was meant for. so please dont use because of tithe and whatsoever to try to divert the mind of people into reviewing what no man on earth never knew how it came to pass.
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by ehixking(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
eddiebruk: The word of God is not one that can be compromised to suit any generation, you either live by it or choose another religion, mind you if you think your pastor is using your tithe for irrelevant things, you have the right to stop paying tithe and rather use the money to support the less privileged, it might seems as if you dont pay tithe to the Church but to God you have equally done what the tithe was meant for. so please dont use because of tithe and whatsoever to try to divert the mind of people into reviewing what no man on earth never knew how it came to pass.
ZACHIE: choose one, bro.
reviewed or revived.
thanks.

What I meant was review!!!typograpical error..pls
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2013
The Bible has been revised many times. have you not heard of the "Revised standard version" which was a revised version of the King James version. According to the authors they did the revision because the King James Version has some "grave defects".

Don't ask me when the next revised version will come out!

Are u still using the king james version?
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 06, 2013
abubello: The Bible has been revised many times. have you not heard of the "Revised standard version" which was a revised version of the King James version. According to the authors they did the revision because the King James Version has some "grave defects".

Na, using President Jonathan version..
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by FulaniBOII(m): 8:37am On Aug 06, 2013
abubello: The Bible has been revised many times. have you not heard of the "Revised standard version" which was a revised version of the King James version. According to the authors they did the revision because the King James Version has some "grave defects".

Yup
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2013
Firstly,there is nothing like "the words of God". Before believing a book i will make my own research and i do not have to do anything it says anyway. People who pay tithes are only being stupidd. Man wrote these rules that cannot pass the test of time.
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 06, 2013

And king James ordered all those who do not use his version to be put to death. That is after putting up so much lies in it. Religion is another word for slavery/ mind control
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2013
ehixking: In those years pastors were really devoted to serving God and have no other jobs.they had no other source of livelihood but relie on thanksgiving tithes and offerings.And more so they always take care of their floks..but these days pastor collect our tithes,offerings,and thanksgiving they buyaircraft and don't even care about the poor,church universities are the most expensive to attend....don't you think we should review the bible expecially the aspect of tithe and start giving our tithe to beggars and Needy that can't pay us back

Please don't waste your time with this consideration the church is exactly as God wants it. The onus is on the believer to chose who to follow.

Jos 24:15 ΒΆ And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Jesus told the church of Philadephia
Rev 3:10 ....I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

The temptation, conviviality, lasciviousness of today day is intentional. The attitude of the host of heaven is this, What will the children of God do if they had all the money in the world, all the power and connections the world? How do we separate true shepherds if they don't have resource control. someone suggests, lets remind them that they can collect tithes, when the money flows in, we will be able to see how they use it.

The prosperity is not wrong. Its the use and its misuse that will definitely be judged. I now see shepherds go about town with gun totting mobile police men. Are these the ones God will use to rule the nations in the 1000 year reign of Christ?
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by amec(m): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Should The Bible Since It Was Written More Than 2000 Years Ago Be Reviewed? by amec(m): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is calling on all atheistic minded nigerian living around lagos for a sensitization rally to debrainwash our youths from this bizare santa-clause philosophy that is destroying our nation and collective future. go to your facebook and click like to some posts by blackness blackness. and further information will be made available concerning this grand standing against rubbish. dont die in silence. you have fellows.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED! How Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Took Another Lady To A Hotel In Lagos / Ask Your Pastor, This Is Not His First Time - Sex Scandal / Divorce And Marriage According To Islam And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.