Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,951 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (12780 Views)

For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? / What If I Don't Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
This post affirms my personal research on this issue. As an free thinker I have thought severally, maybe I was just seizing up issues about choice of a woman a man like me should marry. And I came to conclusion that intelligent woman are very objective and fast reasoning and are likely to dictate to τ̣̣ђё hubby τ̣̣ђё number of kids she would like or must have vs τ̣̣ђё luke warm decision of τ̣̣ђё typical african woman...
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Manlado: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
Intelligence as opposed to being engaged in intellectual endeavor.
Intellectual endeavors are mentally engaging and can drain physically very often.
An intelligent woman can avoid intellectual endeavors if she likes to have a family.
When you are very busy, the time for children many not be that available.

So. It's not just intelligence. It's what we choose to do.
Child bearing doesn't make a woman less intelligent.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
spongeback: I think every intelligent woman would love to have a family what is the point of having the highest IQ and going to an empty house everybody needs somebody. sad

havent you met some sistas who are wired differently
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
moscobabs: I wish to comment..bt a dey fear mukina

She is on drugs, go ahead and comment, am standing in for her today.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lol..

Funny guy

Interesting women are now discriminsting within their own gender

Since socially lesser men will not find wives by 2030, the educated women with inflated sense of intellignece of the 2030s will lack mates..

Ahhh.. 2030..a relationship dystopia

okpara _ugo: Intelligent my arrssee...

I call them spongy women lacking emotion. One once said she hates twins. She cant tolerate the stress of caring for twins. I started imagining what a man would call a wife. You dont wanna stress yourself for kids. Errhnn ?!

If i werent intelligent in school i would have been bothered. Nonetheless am still smart and dont see such behaviour as being inteliigent. I call them psychedelic ladies who dont want to smell smoke but want to eat the best dishes...

Yet they still cry for lack of husband. Wait, your husband is coming. Lady..
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Lordlexy: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
How much intelligence is truely intelligence. What other intelligence or exposure is greater than what we have heard and seen among great men and women, yet lot of them have children they display as trophies to be proud of. This hype about women resourcefulness is simply a cheap avenue to give the impression that women are strong contenders to their male counterparts. Men and women reputed to have made land breaking achievement still manage a reborst family, and not these office secretaries who you will hardly find in fields that demands brain cracking will come out making baseless statement. Show me an unmarried and childless career woman and i will show you a frustrated woman.

5 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Manlado: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
armyofone: I read somewhere that women who decided not to have children are selfish and self centered.
anyway, if there is correlation between not having children to being intelligent, then we can rightly say those who don't want to have kids till they are done with college, made enough money, or matured enough are highly intelligent.
Yet @ 27, we keep hearing 'your biological clock is ticking' grin

just contribute your own high intelligent tadpoles and leave the rest to the mighty one.
So make sure your tadpoles are smart and special not just some tail less swimmers grin

There are no guarantees that two intelligent parents will have smart kids and other way round.

I understand if you done what to take any chances.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
bukatyne:

Funny and what is the true test od a man's intelligence?

Money and more money. Being able to provide for your family. Being able to keep a woman under you. A man who marries and divorces a woman isnt intelligent...

Thats the true test of a man's intelligence...
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by antartica(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
They are most likely to have the number of children to can conveniently take care of. Because being intelligent will mean one will fundamentaly understand the essence of children and the uselessness of having them when one can't afford them.

2 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
This guy gets funnier and funnier

Carry go

grin

okpara ugo:

Money and more money. Being able to provide for your family. Being able to keep a woman under you. A man who marries and divorces a woman isnt intelligent...

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lordlexy: How much intelligence is truely intelligence. What other intelligence or exposure is greater than what we have heard and seen among great men and women, yet lot of them with children as trophy to be proud of. This hype about women resourcefulness is simply a cheap avenue to give the impresion that women are strong contender to their men counterpart. Men and women reputed to have made land breaking achievement still manage a reborst familily and not these office secretaries who you will hardly find in fields that demand brain cracking will come out making baseless statement. Show me an unmarried and childless career woman and i will show you a frustrated woman.

Am liking your last sentence.

For the guys, take your ''spouse to be'' where kids are, read her reaction. You will easily find out if she likes children.

A single lady was always beating up her sister's children. I knew she was a disaster. One other married lady was always beating up children, she couldnt produce kids. Take your time and get what you want.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by damiso(f): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
I kinda agree that an intelligent woman would want kids cos she wants them, can cater for them and is psycologically mature enough to face the challenges of motherhood.Not because society expects her to have or have had children.Not the same as saying that unintelligent woman would be more disposed to having kids.

I know its alien to us but really not everyone is maternal.Does not mean they are selfish or horrible people, they just cant cope with the demands of being responsible for someone else and sometimes making heavy sacrifices (you should see my mum rolling her eyes when I say this grin).Her Aunty's daughter told her mum to buy a cat if she desperately wants the patter of lil feet. grin grin grin.The whole family have demonised her that o ti sonu (she is lost) and am the only person who kinda sees things from her POV a lil.To be fair sha, she is very British (she is in her mid forties and has prob been to Nigeria twice) and I doubt if she would have been left alone if she lived in Nigeria.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by DBestDoc(f): 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
okpara ugo:

Suffice me to add.. If you arent maternal, seek no husband, if you arent paternal seek no wife.

Reason: a complete family is made up of father mother and children.

Who says the purpose of marriage is for procreation alone?
People marry for different reasons.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by AjanleKoko: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
biolabee: Me I no know the kain intelligence wey women dey flaunt these days

Women like marie curie get pikin.. They don't come more intelligent than that

I no know

Modern women are only mouthed jare.
The really smart women don't have the time to spend on NL postulating. undecided grin
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by SaintChukz(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
bukatyne:

Funny and what is the true test od a man's intelligence?

The true test of a Man's Intelligence would be his ability to identify that intelligent woman, snap her off her feet and make her bear his seeds as well as nurturing and caring for them.

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
okpara ugo:

Saint Chukz: The true test of a Man's Intelligence would his ability to identify that intelligent woman, snap her off her feet and make her bear his seeds as well as nurturing and caring for them.

Now, I saw the light grin

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Rotflmao! I just put up a thread about the need for condom. Simply put - KIDS ARE A PAIN!!! cheesy cheesy

@ Topic
I think deep down, if the pressure of meeting societal "standards" and "expectations" where to be lifted, many people won't have children. Somehow, we have been convinced that not having kids makes one selfish....when the truth is, sometimes the opposite is the case and you are saving a child from living a miserable life?

I say people should be honest with themselves, contrary to what we have been told...not everyone is maternal or paternal. If you know you don't have what it takes to be a good, emotional available parent...do the world a favor and pack up shop.

You've got a point but here's where i differ :
There is a reason why people sometimes say these women are selfish. For example, a woman who says she doesn't want to have kids and asks her husband to adopt one because she doesn't want to have kids in my opinion is "selfish"
Yeah, you may be helping the orphans in the world but you either want to have kids or you don't.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by emiye(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
I so much like this man. HBD ! God bless you
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by SaintChukz(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
D_BestDoc:

Who says the purpose of marriage is for procreation alone?
People marry for different reasons.
Tell me these other reasons? I'm all ears....>:p
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by orgasticdance: 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
some boys and girls missed class when amadi's law of proportion was being taught it seems; more mouths to feed, less food to go around. 0 mouths or 7 mouths, na the same thing, all things being equal obviously; some married couples opt to not have kids, most don't; some men choose to stay unmarried, most don't; mostly comes down to payin attention in class
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by expensive007(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ask me if they even have time to attend to their kids after birth. They always claim to be busy. Some of them see children as inderance to their careers. So, they will now hire housemaid.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by obi123: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lordlexy: How much intelligence is truely intelligence. What other intelligence or exposure is greater than what we have heard and seen among great men and women, yet lot of them have children they display as trophies to be proud of. This hype about women resourcefulness is simply a cheap avenue to give the impression that women are strong contenders to their male counterparts. Men and women reputed to have made land breaking achievement still manage a reborst family, and not these office secretaries who you will hardly find in fields that demands brain cracking will come out making baseless statement. Show me an unmarried and childless career woman and i will show you a frustrated woman.

yes because you know ALL women, why is it hard to believe that human beings have different needs and wants, we are not the same for God's sake

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
Bagging degrees is not the same thing as being intelligent!

Western education/brainwashing/programming is never the same thing as intelligence!

A fad for western culture does not mean you are intelligent!

Hell... You can be intelligent and not have any of those standardised paper certifications to your name!
Abi intelligence don get another meaning?

2 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lol!!

People like curie, marissa mayer, madelein albright..

Shaping the world

We just have caustic spitters here
grin

AjanleKoko:

Modern women are only mouthed jare.
The really smart women don't have the time to spend on NL postulating. undecided grin
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
yes o.. as you say according to the masculine bible

lol

bukatyne:

Now, I saw the light grin
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by PrettySpicey(f): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ok now. Since in dire need of a child, I guess its safe to conclude that I'm not really intelligent.
As I said - ok now.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by dasparrow: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
obi123: [/b]

yes because you know ALL women, why is it hard to believe that human beings have different needs and wants, we are not the same for God's sake

You are preaching to the choir. The average Nigerian will never understand that. Nigerians live in a robotic society where everyone is expected to think the same, act the same and have the same destiny and dreams. At the moment, I know several Nigerian women who are married and with kids and who neglected their kids. Yet they expect the children to take care of them once they are old. What an irony!

2 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
PrettySpicey: Ok now. Since in dire need of a child, I guess its safe to conclude that I'm not really intelligent.
As I said - ok now.
You don't intend on taking these peeps serious. Are you?
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by damiso(f): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
biolabee: Lol!!

People like curie, marissa mayer, madelein albright..

Shaping the world

We just have caustic spitters here
grin

Oga biola, I dont think the premise the of the research is that Intelligent women wont want kids.Loads of highly successful, intelligent women are mothers as well.Its more likely (not too sure I agree in totality too) though that an intelligent woman would recognise the demands of parenthood (same can be said for a man too) and decide I am not cut out for this.It does not matter what society thinks.Life and impacting our world is faaar bigger than having kids.

Loads of people have kids for the silly reasons and loads of people choose not to have kids for silly reasons as well.I had a colleague who thought she did not want kids cos she would not be able to travel the world if she did.Some also have kids as a retirement or pension plan.

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by bukatyne(f): 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
biolabee: yes o.. as you say according to the masculine bible

lol

Nigerian Bible and not Masculine Bible angry grin
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
bukatyne:
Nigerian Bible and not Masculine Bible angry grin

haha .. my badt
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
I used examples of truly intelligent women who have shaped the world and broke barriers not celebs like Mirren and mendes like the article postulated

Its the person's life choice.. my own is that dont come down the line and be wailing had i known when the eggs are dead/the ovaries are all lazy/menopause has arrived.

Also some men have been known to acquiesce into suich crap of me and my wife and when mid age beckons.. go and get another wife or mistress who will give them the kid... Brad Pitt anyone?

To each their own...

What is wrong is underage or mature people having kids to access benefits ,...
damiso:

Oga biola, I dont think the premise the of the research is that Intelligent women wont want kids.Loads of highly successful, intelligent women are mothers as well.Its more likely (not too sure I agree in totality too) though that an intelligent woman would recognise the demands of parenthood (same can be said for a man too) and decide I am not cut out for this.It does not matter what society thinks.Life and impacting our world is faaar bigger than having kids.

Loads of people have kids for the silly reasons and loads of people choose not to have kids for silly reasons as well.I had a colleague who thought she did not want kids cos she would not be able to travel the world if she did.Some also have kids as a retirement or pension plan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? / It's My Son's Birthday Today 19th JUL 2016..Happy Birthday Son / A Conversation Between The Wife And A Side Chic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.