Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Have U Ever Upload A Joomla Site Without A Cpanel? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Have U Ever Upload A Joomla Site Without A Cpanel? (810 Views)

How To Upload A Song(your Song) Or Other Application Or File To Waptrick / Has Anyone Been Able Upload A Joomla Site Through Filezilla? / How Do I Use Webmail Or Horde Or Squirellmail Mail On My Joomla Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Upload A Joomla Site Without A Cpanel? by gu7S05: 12:36am On Aug 06, 2013
Recently i found out a client has a hosting account with networksolutions and i have the task of restructuring the site into a CMS and i decided to use joomla,i built the site offline and i did my backup with Akeeba.When it was time to upload the site i hapen to find out there is nothing like a control panel hence i have no data base to work with during akeeba restoration process.My Client has no clue to the db or pw even the table prefix_,and remember joomla always runs in a db with tbl prefix and a pw.

[size=20pt]What Would You Do in a case like this?,were u just to upload the site thru FTP and only for u to be stop in the process during Akeeba Restoration Process.[/size]
[i][/i]
Re: Have U Ever Upload A Joomla Site Without A Cpanel? by sarutobi: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2013
with akeeba, u MUST have a remote database set up. The cpanel is important at this point.
Other options are:

1. ask ur client for the contact details of this host, then resolve issues about pw, login, cpanel with them.

2. if this user is on a vps, try navigate to www.yourdomain.com/cpanel to see if cpanel is installed, then check /etc/passwd on the machine. this is the file cpanel keeps it login details.

if cpanel is not installed, you can just install phpmyadmin, set up ur database as u have in ur localhost and thats it.
Re: Have U Ever Upload A Joomla Site Without A Cpanel? by mitey(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2013
Ask the client for the first email sent by the host on registration for hosting.

Information with FTP details, databases, CPanel etc are usually sent with the first message. In the event that such is not available or applicable, you can at least begin from there.

Network Solutions is a reputable large company, so I don't believe that they have any hosting plan without at least one MySQL db in this age and time.

#My Two Cents

Cheers
Re: Have U Ever Upload A Joomla Site Without A Cpanel? by gu7S05: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
mitey: Ask the client for the first email sent by the host on registration for hosting.

Information with FTP details, databases, CPanel etc are usually sent with the first message. In the event that such is not available or applicable, you can at least begin from there.

Network Solutions is a reputable large company, so I don't believe that they have any hosting plan without at least one MySQL db in this age and time.

#My Two Cents

Cheers

Thanks for ya sugestion i hapen to check the previous file of the site and bash into the .php where i was able to detect the db,pw n td prefix.
Thanks For Ya Suggestions.
Re: Have U Ever Upload A Joomla Site Without A Cpanel? by mitey(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2013
^^^^ Anytime, mate.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Blocked Me From Joining Groups, Please How Do I Retrive My Account. / ??????where Are All The Webmasters Of Nairaland?????? / $497 Worth 1 Year License - Free Autoresponder, Hosting And Landing Page Builder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.