Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass (11965 Views)

Law School Staff In Accident In Edo State. (See Photos) / Fatal Accident On Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by ping2ping: 5:56am On Aug 06, 2013
I traveled to the Onitsha recently from Lagos and saw this so called task force people as you turn from the Benin - Ore highway to the Benin By-Pass and as you turn from Benin By-Pass to Benin - Asaba highway. They were about eight in number carrying various weapons waiting for unsuspecting motorists especially private cars. I saw some cars being held up their by these guys. It seems they don't stop commercial buses.

How can somebody travelling on that road with his private car avoid the trouble of such miscreants? Personal experiences will be appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by bisi16(m): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2013
Now dats a new 1. Never seen dem b4.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by rodbel(m): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2013
Experienced same yesterday. Was in a commercial vehicle though when they stopped a Merc Benz Wagon. Always be on alert for them and don't ever make any attempt to slow down........nothing below 75km/h. They run away from the road like a possessed dog.

6 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by 9icetoo(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2013
I hope none of those touts is reading this stuff. This was what i did. I parked my vehicle across the road blocking access for all other cars. Took out my fone as if i was making calls grin. I didn't lower my windows or exchange words with anyone of them. About ten cars piled up behind me and within minutes, they were all gone cheesy . lol. You could damage ur vehicle trying to run away from them. Stand ur ground if u r ever stopped and tell them its a federal highway and the radio sticker is none of their business. angry. (with that face)

8 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by JimloveTM(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
Never heard or seen this? maybe it's new
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
I ssee..
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by PStacks(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
If this is true, Oshiomoleh should call these boys to order na.. These Edo people sef.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by idamokoemmanuel(m): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
I think de best thing to do there is to keep the soldiers there.....becos this is another means this guyz use to rob in the night
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Try to ensure all ya papers and all necessary equipments required to be in a car, are complete in your car, ensure no one is missing and ensure you avoid carrying contraband and illegal things..... Hence no need to over speed just to avoid them

So that by the time they say:

Oga wey your fire extinguisher.... you bring it
Oga wey your particulars..... you bring it
Oga wey your Spanner ...... you bring it
Oga wey your jack.... you bring it
Oga wey your this..... you bring it
Oga wey your that.... you bring it
Oga wey your kpomo...... you bring it
Oga wey your kini..... you bring it
Oga wey you Spare Tire..... you bring it
Oga wey your lipsrsealed ..... you bring it
Oga stop and search, open boot ..... you stop and open boot
Oga wetin dey that bag ...... you open bag for them

Oga wey you everything ..... you bring everything

By the time they ask you for everything and you bring it, with nothing missing, NA THEM GO TIRE! The next thing you will hear is.... OGA DO WEEKEND FOR YOUR BOIS NA! HABA! cheesy

cheesy grin

**** DAYTIME THINGS, NO TRY THE ABOVE FOR NIGHT!

9 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Osama10(m): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
I drove past that road last September but I did not see them.

The best way is to be ready to hit them,they would fly from the road calling you a witch. grin
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
All dat no go work with edo people. Simply dress like a witch doctor and paint your face. Carry a moulded statue with pointed nipples and sharp teeth and wrap it in a red cloth in the back seat of your car. Dem nor born dem well

9 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by stagger: 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
I will like to see how they will stand my SUV speeding at 160 km per hour.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by duality(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
That is the effect of a failed state and LGA administration. I was on my way to lagos when one was knocked down at the entrance of the By-pass.

If the govent of the state think that is how they'll generate funds, then they have failed woefully.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by lonelydora: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
I haven't seen them before. But, Once I see people on the highway, and they are not uniformed personnel I recognise, I increase my speed to 120km/hr. Na them go jump comot for road. Which radio sticker? Make them go ask Oyibo wey put radio for motor.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Lawalkay(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
They are boys used by ACN now Association of Politicial Criminal ( APC) to win 17 local govt in d last local govt election conducted by Adams Aliyu Oshiomole. They are representing their master on d highway. Come inside Benin city and see name of exthortion from VIO with over 100boysEDOSTMA, WAI, MIN OF ENVIROMENT BOYS, OREDO LOCAL GOVT TASK FORCE ON PARKING, STREET TRADING, ENVIROMENT SANITATION AND WASTE DISPOSAL. We are dying under this government.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Edoblakky(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
I had an encounter with them about 3 years ago while traveling from Benin to Akure. They were stationed just after a police check point and so I thought they were legal.
I stopped and that was my mistake. They quickly laid a piece of wood with nails under my tires and started asking for various papers like radio permit, emission certificate and 2 other papers I can't remember now. They said each cost 5k to get. I was so shocked because I had cleared off the road to attend to them.
The long and short of it all was that I had to pick one of the items and parted with 5k.
These guys are not legal but the state government is well aware of them and they are doing nothing about it.
I wonder why a set of criminals will continue to hold innocent travelers to ransom.
My advise to all, when you see them, increase your speed such that if they are ever hit, their bodies will be shredded to pieces. I tell you, they will run for their lives. I tried it while returning from Akure to Benin. To stop for them is a mistake. They can't even throw any weapon at you when you are coming at a high speed because they may end up wounding themselves.
I repeat don't ever stop!!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by ITbomb(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
If them stop you, tell them you wan call your spiritual leader to bring your driving license

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by morenath(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
Av encountered dis before at d same place but me been a car dealer dat suppy cars to people in Agbor,Warri,Asaba etc....am always at alert ay time am on wheels due to various experience on dat road so I pursued the one with weapon with d aim of killlling him as a robber so dey fee for there life but since then I used to avoid dem by passing under d bridge at by pass as if u are enterin into Benin City at d bye pass and then desced into benin and turn at d next available turnin to face asaba onitsha straight........

7 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by chadef: 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
It is always better to speed off wen u see dem, dnt mind if they are on the road. If eventually u are stoped, park ur car in the middle of the road to attract other road users.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by abdolleez(m): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
Omo see GOBE!!!!

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by demmy55(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is not a new thing o! They've always been there but you may be lucky not to come by them atimes.

They claim to be selling some vehicle stickers or tickets. And if you don't have any of the requested stickers, u'll be asked to buy it the spot.
God help you if ur not with cash on you. U'll be spending nothing less than 10k if you don't have their stickers.

And as for those people saying they won't stand their SUV speeding at 160km/h; I'm afraid that may not be possible.

You know our Nigerian roads. These guys stay at strategic points where the road is terribly bad and u'ld need to slowdown. They also have sticks (woods) with a lot of nails on them which will puncture ur tyre if u don't stop.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Fajzay: 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: All dat no go work with edo people. Simply dress like a witch doctor and paint your face. Carry a moulded statue with pointed nipples and sharp teeth and wrap it in a red cloth in the back seat of your car. Dem nor born dem well

Funny. I actually pictured that image in my mind. lolz
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Fajzay: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
lonelydora: I haven't seen them before. But, Once I see people on the highway, and they are not uniformed personnel I recognise, I increase my speed to 120km/hr. Na them go jump comot for road. Which radio sticker? Make them go ask Oyibo wey put radio for motor.

Seriously You must be a snail driver!!! 120KM/Hr . Jeez ... Normal speed without any situation like this is even around 150/160Km/hr. Let alone if I see any strange movement. Infact I wont even see them as I would have zapped away with noticing them.lol

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Fazhy: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
They were about eight(cool in number carrying various weapons waiting for unsuspecting motorists especially private cars.

Were they robbers?

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by euniselfyahoo: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
To me o, i will say that u should get all ur papers ready so that they will not delay ur journey unnecessaryly. This people just want to spoil Oshiomoleh government.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by mcdokwe(m): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
Too many illegalities in my dear country Nigeria. Dunno why governments will always fail to empower supporters with meaningful ventures but elect instead to empower them to be a dread to fellow citizens. Smh 4 9ja
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Those guys are nothing but criminals so never stop!they once tried stopping me and I zig-zagged on the road at high speed and they all fled for their lives.Though Į̸̸̨ƭ is risky if you are •̸№t a solid driver cos its a very very sharp bend. grin Rubbish people
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by eminikansoso(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
I always enjoyed their present because na another film be that. Let me gist u this.
Last year 2012 April i was coming from osogbo to onitsha. i decided to follow akure-benin way. on getting to owena i meet them and i was asked to park in which i obeyed. they asked for emblems and other documents in which i gave them but they told me one is fake and i will pay for fine of #32,000 for carrying fake document. i spent almost 4 hours and #2500 with them before they could allowed me to go.
The next time is Uromi Junction in July 2012.
I was coming from Omu-Aran in Kwara state from my grand mother burial with Toyota Tacoma V6. I left my town around 7.40am. When i got to okene i refilled my tank so that i will not buy any fuel again til I get onitsha. i got uromi junction around 10.56am and i saw them, my younger brother told me to beware of these taut and i reply him no wahala. i was asked to park and i slowed down towards them immediately i speed towards the one carrying plant and he and others ran for their life and immediately all of them are now confuse of what to do.
that is how i escaped from these taut. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by obuji: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
ping2ping: I traveled to the Onitsha recently from Lagos and saw this so called task force people as you turn from the Benin - Ore highway to the Benin By-Pass and as you turn from Benin By-Pass to Benin - Asaba highway. They were about eight(cool in number carrying various weapons waiting for unsuspecting motorists especially private cars. I saw some cars being held up their by these guys. It seems they don't stop commercial buses.

How can somebody travelling on that road with his private car avoid the trouble of such miscreants? Personal experiences will be appreciated.

why do you want to by pass them?
What are they looking for?
Why can't you do the right thing and stay away from trouble?
How much is sticker?? You already know how unprofessional our task force are Or is it when you argue with them and the carelessly shoot you then we come over here and read about you?
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nichobabe(m): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
euniself@yahoo.:
To me o, i will say that u should get all ur papers ready so that they will not delay ur journey unnecessaryly. This people just want to spoil Oshiomoleh government.

They have been there even during Lucky administration. Which papers? they are asking you for radio sticker when you don't stay in Benin but just passing through. How will you get Benin radio sticker when you are not in Benin. Is that how we will get 36 states radio sticker because i am a traveller?

Everybody just looking for who to oppress and obtain money from. They are in Portharcourt too. Most cities in Nigeria have one form or the other. U c our jungle?

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by avalontony(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
ITbomb: Get yourself one of these stickers.
If them stop you, tell them you wan call your spiritual leader to bring your driving license
bros i need that sticker abeg.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nichobabe(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
AmBeautiful: Try to ensure all ya papers and all necessary equipments required to be in a car, are complete in your car, ensure no one is missing and ensure you avoid carrying contraband and illegal things..... Hence no need to over speed just to avoid them

So that by the time they say:

Oga wey your fire extinguisher.... you bring it
Oga wey your particulars..... you bring it
Oga wey your Spanner ...... you bring it
Oga wey your jack.... you bring it
Oga wey your this..... you bring it
Oga wey your that.... you bring it
Oga wey your kpomo...... you bring it
Oga wey your kini..... you bring it
Oga wey you Spare Tire..... you bring it
Oga wey your lipsrsealed ..... you bring it
Oga stop and search, open boot ..... you stop and open boot
Oga wetin dey that bag ...... you open bag for them

Oga wey you everything ..... you bring everything

By the time they ask you for everything and you bring it, with nothing missing, NA THEM GO TIRE! The next thing you will hear is.... OGA DO WEEKEND FOR YOUR BOIS NA! HABA! cheesy

cheesy grin

**** DAYTIME THINGS, NO TRY THE ABOVE FOR NIGHT!

Hahahaha na Radio sticker dem dey look for. And funny enough you wouldn't see the sticker buy anywhere else except from them grin grin grin grin clever guys. And we get government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Clean Car Interior Plastic / Which Is Better: Auto Or Manual Golf 3? / How Much Are Gas Prices In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.