Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5944188 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
@henry240 this was navy day 2016 right ?

Yeah, Navy day is the first photo, but the commissioning of NNS Unity, NNS Karaduwa, Commander Edwin Ugwu and the 27 IPC's wasn't done on Navy day.

They picked a random day for that commissioning.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:

Not that bastard Badeh, and his protege an equally useless Amosu. All these things including the JF-17 should have been bought in 2013 - 2014 when we still had money.

FIRST TIME WEY I GO SEE YOU VEX AND CURSE THOSE THIEFS........... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I am thinking recommissioning of combatant class boats and maybe the French patrol boats

I think so too, we'll have to wait and see. I just wish SDB III would be commissioned on that day also.

I was looking at Indonesia, although a much bigger country and more technologically advanced than Nigeria, they commissioned 4 vessels in the class of NNS Karaduwa, 40 meters in one day. They've so far commissioned 7 vessels in this class and 1 Frigate in the last 6 months. This is also not all, they seem to be commissioning a new vessel each month.

That's what we should be aspiring to.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 23, 2017
bidexiii:

FIRST TIME WEY I GO SEE YOU VEX AND CURSE THOSE THIEFS........... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The thing dey pain na. Even you look am, Wetin Sadique neva do since em take over, which area?

Em name supposed b Mr projects.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
I spy.....

What's that?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2017
More photos from Nigeria Air Force Day

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:

That's the Pl-9C AAM. cool

....and they said we have no missiles grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:40am On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:

No one said that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:

**Singing**

Bad belle is allowed , is allowed, is allowed X 2

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:

What's that?

That's the Ataka Anti Tank Guided Missile(ATGM) for the MI-35m.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:42am On Apr 23, 2017
patches689:

No one said that

Come on. Someone here once mentioned it. That was when I brought out a Chinese link saying we have the PL 9C.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:

I think so too, we'll have to wait and see. I just wish SDB III would be commissioned on that day also.

I was looking at Indonesia, although a much bigger country and more technologically advanced than Nigeria, they commissioned 4 vessels in the class of NNS Karaduwa, 40 meters in one day. They've so far commissioned 7 vessels in this class and 1 Frigate in the last 6 months. This is also not all, they seem to be commissioning a new vessel each month.

That's what we should be aspiring to.

•SDB 3
• 15 patrol crafts CNS confirmed the navy will acquire from South Africa.
• OCEA patrol boats
• combatant class boats
• more Epenel and modant marine boats ?

This years navy day might be boring but the next 2 years wouldn't, apart from these patrol vessels the navy still require fighting ships.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:

Come on. Someone here once mentioned it. That was when I brought out a Chinese link saying we have the PL 9C.

Not someone, na Activatekruger tok am, supported by many of his goons.

I'm sorry, I no dey fit hide mouth.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2017
I saw a picture of the repainted ATR-42, not sure how I feel about this one lipsrsealed grey would have been much better, like the C-130's

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:

What's that?

ATGM, NAF ISR footage about to be lit.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
I saw a picture of the repainted ATR-42, not sure how I feel about this one lipsrsealed grey would have been much better, like the C-130's

Post it cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't like that desert Camo pattern at all. Infact the only thing that should be spotting a desert Camo pattern should be soldiers uniforms only.

It seems there is alot of paint in Kaduna lying around. angry

There is a strong, scary possibility that NAF would go paint the JF-17s in desert Camo. This would be an utter disaster.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:

I don't like that desert Camo pattern at all. Infact the only thing that should be spotting a desert Camo pattern should be soldiers uniforms only.

Hahahaha sure it's kaduna? At this rate they can even repaint Eagle 1 and the entire presidential air fleet, so when bubu is flying he's enemies cannot see him.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:

There is a strong, scary possibility that NAF would go paint the JF-17s in desert Camo. This would be an utter disaster.
you really mean am
If this happens we'll contact airborne360 to scrape of the paint, I'll rather see the bare airframe.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2017
More photos from Nigeria Air Force Day Celebration

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2017

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Nigerian Air Force Day

Nigerian Air Force ATR-42 spotting a new desert camo

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Hahahaha sure it's kaduna? At this rate they can even repaint Eagle 1 and the entire presidential air fleet, so when bubu is flying he's enemies cannot see him.
Yeah, I am quite sure.

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
you really mean am
If this happens we'll contact airborne360 to scrape of the paint, I'll rather see the bare airframe.

It's looking like a possibility. I won't rule it out.

You don't know what happened to Airborne360 yesterday. Baba wey i think say for dey show skills.

Na sentry duties dey come carry am go. I see baba dey here for Nairaland dey hustle for pictures like the rest of us. grin grin

My brother, I never still recover from the shock sef. grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:

why not , specialy in sub saharian africa, when neighbours have not last aicraft radars capacity and not many radars and air defense systems , if air force need to stike in enemy territory by flyng low under radars detection close to the ground they need a camo , to not be easily visible from high altitude patrol aircraft .

the maroccan f16 desert camo for exemple is beautiful

pic sukhoi 24 mkII , the ugliest camo in algerian AF but could be useful for DEAD/SEAD operation

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:45am On Apr 23, 2017
tdayof:

Yes, once long ago

We have moved on.

Why haven't you?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
chkil0:

why not , specialy in sub saharian africa, when neighbours have not last aicraft radars capacity and not many radars and air defense systems , if air force need to stike in enemy territory by flyng low under radars detection close to the ground they need a camo , to not be not be easily visible from high altitude patrol aircraft .

the maroccan f16 desert camo for exemple is beautiful

pic sukhoi 24 mkII , the ugliest camo in algerian AF but could be useful for DEAD/SEAD operation

NAF reasons: Hey we love the desert cammo pattern, let's put it up. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
Oldies..... Mi-24 A exposed out side an air base , algeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
[quote author=tdayof post=55826337][/quote]are these new or repainted alpha jets?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
[quote author=tdayof post=55826337][/quote] are these new or repainted alpha jets?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:

i wish they would leave it in ash colour like most other 4th gen fighters
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force Day

Nigerian Air Force ATR-42 spotting a new desert camo

ha, they don spoil thw look of this plane!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Beechcraft , during open doors at boufarik air base , Algeria AF

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2840) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.