Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5947850 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:
off topic Ecuador air force Cheetah C jet

cry cry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Algerian1:

i have read the RAF publication they havnt deny the 12-0 they only said it was a good experience for the two air force and during this exercise it was many exercise 1 vs 1 , 2 vs 2 , and 2 vs 1 , including 2 typhoon against 1 flanker and the two was killed by the flanker .

and yes it was within visual range combats, dog fight exercise not BVR ! so there was limitations on the two sides ! just shared this example about the post about maneuverability isnt important in close combat wink

and i m sur @nemesis2u have better info about those exercises
Yes I agree however they did confirm they didn't use several systems.....which makes sense since this was a training exercise.... wouldn't want to let all your secrets out the bag during an exercise with foreign nations.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:

holy shiit shocked shocked shocked

i wish it was me, instead of that LGB hanging from the weapons pylon grin grin grin

with both the targets comfortably in my NEZ (no escape zone) cool cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:

This is the kind of thing that pervert @Nemesis2u likes so much. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
nemesis2u:

i wish it was me, instead of that LGB hanging from the weapons pylon grin grin grin

Speak of the devil.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
Henry240:

Speak of the devil.

........and the devil shall answer grin

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
Egyptian Air Force

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93NdwZAeXhI
Oo frankly, I was disappointed. What the Su35 did can't be compared with this child play from the F35. Anyway, like patches rightly said, they're not in the same class technically.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:
can the SU-35 hover in the air like the F-35B !?
Hovering is the job of the rotary crafts and not that of the Winged. It's just an added advantage and not a requirement.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2017

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
nemesis2u:

with both the targets comfortably in my NEZ (no escape zone) cool cool cool cool
gringrin There's no cure for you. grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jakumo and Komekn.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
937 soummam navy school ship in spain yesterday algerian navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
jln115:
Ex Shared Accord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5iqX8HPJyU

Can whoever edited this video please be shot in the knee. People want to hear what is being sad, not that cr.ap music.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
501 el-kasseh Class mine countermeasure vessel , Algerian Navy

17 july

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
ssaengine:

Can whoever edited this video please be shot in the knee. People want to hear what is being sad, not that cr.ap music.
Agreed!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
jln115:
Ex Shared Accord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHIUYWicJ44&t=20s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5iqX8HPJyU

Weird seeing an American with an R4

Also weird how many lefties there are in the SANDF

Also, that sailor has a non-standard component on his R4, see if you can spot it

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Djibouti : French army TRF1 155mm howitzer.

Pic2: French dining facility in Mali

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
NAF

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
patches689:

Weird seeing an American with an R4

Also weird how many lefties there are in the SANDF

Also, that sailor has a non-standard component on his R4, see if you can spot it
I give up......couldn't spot it, to me it looks like a stock standard R4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Vikkie14:

Pic2: French dining facility in Mali

Under a Danish flag?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
NAF ATR 42 MP aircraft looking good in its new camo.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
Algerian1:

i have read the RAF publication they havnt deny the 12-0 they only said it was a good experience for the two air force and during this exercise it was many exercise 1 vs 1 , 2 vs 2 , and 2 vs 1 , including 2 typhoon against 1 flanker and the two was killed by the flanker .

and yes it was within visual range combats, dog fight exercise not BVR ! so there was limitations on the two sides ! just shared this example about the post about maneuverability isnt important in close combat wink

and i m sur @nemesis2u have better info about those exercises

the British still have the colonial mindset grin

anyways in the Indradhanush exercise following scenarios were played out

1. 1 v 1 engagements
2. 2 v 2 engagements
3. 2 v 1 engagements

the RAF had employed its elite pilots (according to their sources) while IAF did not send its elite pilots from TACDE (Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment)

ROE claims

British claimed that they fought with one hand tied behind their back, that is, the Typhoons were not allowed to use their BVR capabilities.
while conveniently forgetting that the SU30 MKI was also not allowed to its BVR capabilities , plus both aircraft's was using their radar in training mode only.

as far as i am concerned the fact remains that the sukhois had a upper hand over the typhoons with both aircraft's flying under the equally applicable strict ROE and limitations though in real life things might turn out to be different or remain same.

and at the end of the day RAF got cleaned over at 12-0, even in 2:1 scenario they lost, if it was to the contrary, the british media would have been screaming at the top of their voices and not babble about false claims of unequal ROE etc.

in the WVR combat exercise, the thrust vector control on the heavier Flankers more than compensated for the greater TWR of the Typhoon as the Flankers were able to turn sharply into the extremely agile Typhoons using their TVC to keep the RAF jets locked in their sights.

and those u think BVR is the holy grail of today's aerial combat , answer this cool

how effective will be the BVRAAM when fired from Typhoons etc at long ranges at aircraft's fitted with potent airborne self defence jammers (ASPJ) especially those based on DRFM technology ?

( hint: the RF seekers of BVRAAM will be toast )

u also need to develop and employ the right tactics .

in the USAF and IAF exercises, to counter the Superior air situational picture available to the American pilots who were getting feed from their AWACS, IAF used some of the "active" SU30MKI to bait the American fighters, while some acting as the eyes and guiding the "passive" MIG 21 BISONS to sneak up on the targets. this tactics was highly effective.

anyways regarding SU30 tactics in the USAF and IAF exercises this is what Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine had to say

".......... in the case of a missed BVR missile (like the AA-12 Adder) shot by the Flanker, the Su-30 could turn into the clutter notch of the F-15’s radar, where the Eagle’s Doppler was ineffective.

........ this maneuver could be accomplished making a descending, right-angle turn to drop below the approaching F-15 while reducing the Su-30’s relative forward speed close to zero: even if this is a very old air combat tactic, the USAF officer said that the Sukhoi could perform effectively this maneuver thanks to its ability to reduce rapidly its speed and then quickly regain it.

If the Flanker driver performed correctly the maneuver, the Su-30 was invisible to the F-15’s radar until the Eagle was inside the AA-11 Archer IR missile range, since the F-15’s Doppler radar relied on movements of its targets........."

in the end which aircraft is good will be decided in a war and i aint bothered much by the results of these exercises, but sometimes i am irked by the arrogance of some nations , the britishers r especially stupidly cocky , guess they still have the colonial mindset fuuk them grin

god devil save take the queen grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afrique du Sud

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
nemesis2u:

the British still have the exercises, but sometimes i am irked by the arrogance of some nations , the britishers r especially stupidly cocky , guess they still have the colonial mindset fuuk them grin

god devil save take the queen grin grin grin grin

The British got cleaned out real good! grin grin

The way they always talk about this BVR thing makes me wonder, don't the Russians also have BVR missiles?

Also the probability of a BVR kill is so small to almost non-existent.

Has there been any known BVR kill?

You burn your 2 BVR missiles, and then what? You run away?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nigerian navy SBS

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2017

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Henry240:

You burn your 2 BVR missiles, and then what? You run away?

that is a excellent question grin

and i will leave the official IAF (MOD) reply here , after the noise from British media regarding su30 ver typhoon issue

“The operational part of Exercise Indradhanush-2007 began with a series of 1 vs 1 air combat sorties… The RAF pilots were candid in their admission of the Su-30 MKI’s observed superior maneuvering in the air, just as they had studied, prepared and anticipated. The IAF pilots on their part were also visibly impressed by the Typhoon’s agility in the air.

While it does not imply to say that the 1 vs 1 air combat sorties were meant for backslapping each other, it may be understood that in today’s aerial combat scenarios of BVR capabilities of air platforms, it is highly unlikely that any of the modern-day fighters will ever get into a situation that warrants extreme close air combat, as in the situation simulated in the 1 vs 1 sorties. With a ‘kill’ criterion of front-gun ranges being mostly under 1000 meters and a visual tracking envelope behind the target for only up to a 60-degree cone mostly for most fighter aircraft of the world, the unlikely scenario gets more exemplified.

But the irony grin grin grin also lies in the fact that while there is a number of counter and counter-counter measures to make the modern missiles with claims of inescapable parameters redundant by using ‘chaff’ and other active/passive measures, a ‘gun kill’ is invariably a most certain kill. The pilots invariably begin honing their tracking and combat skills under such close combat situations.”

IMO the reply was cheeky and intentionally complicated rebuttal for the jackass media grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
nemesis2u:

the British still have the colonial mindset grin

anyways in the Indradhanush exercise following scenarios were played out

1. 1 v 1 engagements
2. 2 v 2 engagements
3. 2 v 1 engagements

the RAF had employed its elite pilots (according to their sources) while IAF did not send its elite pilots from TACDE (Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment)

ROE claims

British claimed that they fought with one hand tied behind their back, that is, the Typhoons were not allowed to use their BVR capabilities.
while conveniently forgetting that the SU30 MKI was also not allowed to its BVR capabilities , plus both aircraft's was using their radar in training mode only.

but as far as i am concerned the fact remains that the sukhois had a upper hand over the typhoons with both aircraft's flying under the equally applicable strict ROE and limitations though in real life things might turn out to be different or remain same.

but at the end of the day RAF got cleaned over at 12-0, even in 2:1 scenario they lost, if it was to the contrary, the british media would have been screaming at the top of their voices and not babble about false claims of unequal ROE etc.

in the WVR combat exercise, the thrust vector control on the heavier Flankers more than compensated for the greater TWR of the Typhoon as the Flankers were able to turn sharply into the extremely agile Typhoons using their TVC to keep the RAF jets locked in their sights.

and those u think BVR is the holy grail of today's aerial combat , answer this

how effective will be the BVRAAM when fired from Typhoons etc at long ranges at aircraft's fitted with potent airborne self defence jammers (ASPJ) especially those based on DRFM technology ?

u also need to develop and employ the right tactics .

in the USAF and IAF exercises, to counter the Superior air situational picture available to the American pilots who were getting feed from their AWACS, IAF used some of the "active" SU30MKI to bait the American fighters, while some acting as the eyes and guiding the "passive" MIG 21 BISONS to sneak up on the targets. this tactics was highly effective.

anyways regarding SU30 tactics in the USAF and IAF exercises this is what Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine had to say

".......... in the case of a missed BVR missile (like the AA-12 Adder) shot by the Flanker, the Su-30 could turn into the clutter notch of the F-15’s radar, where the Eagle’s Doppler was ineffective.

........ this maneuver could be accomplished making a descending, right-angle turn to drop below the approaching F-15 while reducing the Su-30’s relative forward speed close to zero: even if this is a very old air combat tactic, the USAF officer said that the Sukhoi could perform effectively this maneuver thanks to its ability to reduce rapidly its speed and then quickly regain it.

If the Flanker driver performed correctly the maneuver, the Su-30 was invisible to the F-15’s radar until the Eagle was inside the AA-11 Archer IR missile range, since the F-15’s Doppler radar relied on movements of its targets.........

in the end which aircraft is good will be decided in a war and i aint bothered much by the results of these exercises, but sometimes i am irked by the arrogance of some nations , the britishers r especially stupidly cocky , guess they still have the colonial mindsets grin

I shan't get involved with the minutiae of who won and who lost, except to say the IAF pilots were talking out of school. Convention dictates that details about air exercises aren't released unless by mutual consensus.
I'm a great admirer of how, in all the Commonwealth, the Indian military has been the most steadfast in cleaving to tradition (far, far more than the Britishers; who else still has tea wallahs meeting returning pilots with a fresh brew and warm hand-towels cheesy cheesy cheesy?), and this was a serious lapse. An Indian officer counterpart with whom I liaise as part of my IBSAMAR duties was apoplectic and vowed: "Never again".

And he's been proved right.

PICS: Exercise Golden Eagle 2004, IAF & SAAF.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nigeria random

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sudan armed forces officer in Russia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sudan police

(1) (2) (3) ... (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.