Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5937208 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) ... (2840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 11:13am On Jan 01, 2018
nemesis4u:

seriously ?

what about the proficiency of the user ?
what about the environmental/weather conditions ?
what about the battlefield tactics and counter tactics ?
what about counter measures ?
what about counter platform measures ?
what about denial of target data ?
etc
etc

every weapons OEM designated kill probability is calculated under test conditions and under optimal conditions.

if the conditions r favorable then expect results as given by OEM otherwise in real war all these OEM kill probability figures will go for a toss.

anyways believe what u want to believe , i have no problem with that.

I am not the one who created, calculated, published kill probability percentages for missiles or rockets worldwide, if you disagree with them, please direct your disputes to those manufacturers. BAE Plc made APKWS and stated 93% kill ratio, how is that my problem? Please complain by mailing your long story to BAE company Plc, Great Britain. Thanks bro cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2018
peterphd:

Taken the 3rd one down. The guys in the first aren't NDA cadets?

Nice 1.

Yes they are cadets.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 11:29am On Jan 01, 2018
Patchesagain:

(He thinks firing a missile from one platform and feeding it targeting data from another platform, at max range, is easy)

The Makopa test firing in question was LOAL - High:

Prior to launch, target information must be supplied via the on-board sighting system or from an external source. After launch, the missile flies towards the target area, using the selected trajectory and fly-out method. During the terminal phase, the target must be illuminated by the on-board sighting system or a remote designator.

Makopa has a deviance of 0.3m at 10km - that means at 10km, it will hit within a 30cm circle of the target
http://weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/HH06%20-%20Mokopa.html

Mokopa technolodgy is advanced enough, Mossad embarked on a 3 year long campaign to steal it
http://www.military-today.com/missiles/mokopa.htm

Now, Augustine, your questions have been answered. Please stop trying to cause conflict and unnecessary discussion on this thread. You may want to argue, but this thread is not the place. If you wish to have arguments go to:
----> https://www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa
---->https://www.nairaland.com/2239266/battle-field-discussion-picture-video

Am SupremeCourt, look elsewhere for your Augustine giving you nightmares. Your comment is 300 words long, too much for this photo thread, take it away to discussion thread, stop making unwanted arguments here.

Denel RSA Mokopa missile explodes only on impact, so missing target = exploding inside sand = zero effect on enemy = 100% mission failure totally missing the easiest ready made target the world can offer in demo. Tucano APKWS has kill ratio 93%.
End of discussion.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:59am On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

Am SupremeCourt, look elsewhere for your Augustine giving you nightmares. Your comment is 300 words long, too much for this photo thread, take it away to discussion thread, stop making unwanted arguments here.

Denel RSA Mokopa missile explodes only on impact, so missing target = exploding inside sand = zero effect on enemy = 100% mission failure totally missing the easiest ready made target the world can offer in demo. Tucano APKWS has kill ratio 93%.
End of discussion.

..but a failure during a test doesn't equate to a complete failure. Whatever caused the failure woukd definitely have been addressed before mass production.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2018
egyptian army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2018
tdayof:

..but a failure during a test doesn't equate to a complete failure. Whatever caused the failure woukd definitely have been addressed before mass production.

It was not a test o, Mokopa had been certified and exported to Algeria before that demo. It was another export sale effort that failed. If Algeria had requested such demo they will never buy Mokopa waste money. I mean no harm, but truth is bitter.

Read my comment again carefully, I said "Mission failure", that demo Mokopa strike was failed mission for that objective. You be Denel engineer to confirm they solved Mokopa's chronic poor precision problems? I stated facts of published event, but you reply with imagined assumption, LOL bro! Courts dont over-rule real events with imagination now, haba! Nigerian Egyptian marshals generals saw Mokopa demo strike failure and ran back home to order Russian precision guided missiles immediately. If na you nko, o ni sare escape like Ferrari sport car abi? grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
egyptian police

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
Mirage 5 , egyptian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

It was not a test o, Mokopa had been certified and exported to Algeria before that demo. It was another export sale effort that failed. If Algeria had requested such demo they will never buy Mokopa waste money. I mean no harm, but truth is bitter.

Read my comment again carefully, I said "Mission failure", that demo Mokopa strike was failed mission for that objective. You be Denel engineer to confirm they solved Mokopa's chronic poor precision problems? I stated facts of published event, but you reply with imagined assumption, LOL bro! Courts dont over-rule real events with imagination now, haba! Nigerian Egyptian marshals generals saw Mokopa demo strike failure and ran back home to order Russian precision guided missiles immediately. If na you nko, o ni sare escape like Ferrari sport car abi? grin grin

I wonder what your obsession with South Africa bashing comes from. New year and you're keeping up the same cr.ap. I suspect your visa was denied now you have made it your mission to hate.

Algeria bought Mokopa missiles from only reading PDF specifications document? They never had live demonstrations? You see the type of non.sense you post here? Shame.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

Bro, e je ki a ma Rora. Kiniyi ma da ija si le ni o. Ti boboyen ba binu tan bayii, gbogbo thread yii ma daaru. Ati wo inu oodun titun. Odunayaw ni yio je fun wa o Amin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:34pm On Jan 01, 2018
iblawi:
In Nigeria it's called "pin your head" and it comes in different flavors grin

AKA

"Plant your pot"
"Plant your head"
"on your pot"!

kai Academy grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
iblawi:

Do you have idea of other military that do the same?
seen pics of the Brits,Kenyans,Pakistanis,Ghanaians do same
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2018
tdayof:

Bro, e je ki a ma Rora. Kiniyi ma da ija si le ni o. Ti boboyen ba binu tan bayii, gbogbo thread yii ma daaru. Ati wo inu oodun titun. Odunayaw ni yio je fun wa o Amin
This man still put my name in this thing sha grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
tdayof:

Odunayo*

Amin o

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2018
Who can name all the ammo.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2018
tdayof:

Like Nemesis4u, ever the optimist and bringing rationality here.

For everyone else interested in truth, here are the facts about that day at AFB Overberg:
All military attaches based in SA were invited, contrary to false assertions here that select prospective buyers were invited.
Rooivalk + Mokopa demonstration:
1) Single Rooivalk designating and firing missile on target - success;
2) 1 Rooivalk designating and another firing missile on target - success;
3) Ground operator designating and Rooivalk firing on target - success;
End of demonstration on day 1.

Denel Dynamics test on day2:
1) Hawk MK120 LIFT designating and Rooivalk firing on target - success;
2) Gripen designating and Rooivalk firing missile on target - missed by 1 metre.
The only previous tests involving jet designators were telemetry tests in 2011. 2016’s firings were designed to evaluate trajectory and penetration and long range capability in conjunction with an airborne remote designator.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2018
ssaengine:

Algeria bought Mokopa missiles from only reading PDF specifications document? They never had live demonstrations? You see the type of non.sense you post here? Shame.

algerian army test weapons for months and sometimes for years in all conditions before any contract ! no need to explain this basic thing and how hundreds millions dollars contracts are done

did they finish the fire and forget version for the mokopa ?

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Don't mind him joor

You begin self deception again, same you that was asking for photo proof of falling apart Nigerian T-72 tanks when the same photo evidences have been on this Nairaland for months.

Anybody can claim soja Kaptain on internet, its a free world bro! Keep it up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
Interesting pic...special forces about to board vessel

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

End of discussion.

Makopa has a deviance of 0.3m at 10km - that means at 10km, it will hit within a 30cm circle of the target

This discussion has been over for a very long time, augustine.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

You begin self deception again, same you that was asking for photo proof of falling apart Nigerian T-72 tanks when the same photo evidences have been on this Nairaland for months.

Anybody can claim soja Kaptain on internet, its a free world bro! Keep it up.
Very hilarious, self deception ehnnn! sorry baba ooo I won't dignify your flim flams knowing your antecedents here. There is a difference between a professional and a fan boy.
Happy New Year

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
ssaengine:

I wonder what your obsession with South Africa bashing comes from. New year and you're keeping up the same cr.ap. I suspect your visa was denied now you have made it your mission to hate.

I decided to stop comments on Mokopa some hours ago because @tdayof asked me to avoid it in new year, but now you South Africans have started to call shame on my comments again and restart issues.

I have no obsession with South Africa, you should check your obsessions with Nigeria especially ARA MRAP and Tucano APKWS that you work hard to make look ordinary you @Saengine started this whole argument on APKWS with @Xbee007 that led to Mokopa story, so blame yourself o!

Keep defending Denel because you are Denel employee, its not my business, I dont work there.

If you had been smart enough and told Patches to stop arguing APKWS & Mokopa with me instead of always insisting on having the last word, I would not have had to reply Patches this New year. For @tdayof's sake I will end the matter here, but if another South African challenges me again, it means you want me to reply, and I will!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
egyptian paratroops - night halo jump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ23t9eoDeE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Very hilarious, self deception ehnnn! sorry baba ooo I won't dignify your flim flams knowing your antecedents here. There is a difference between a professional and a fan boy.
Happy New Year

Bros on internet, hiding behind laptop everybody claims professional but their comments lacks technical depth of true professionals. NSA Dasuki na Lt.Col, Badeh na Air Marshal, etc, all are trained professionals, shebi we 180 million civilians saw their poor performance vs Boko Haram. Military service is honourable, but professional military mastership was mesmerized by illiterates in Borno Sambisa. God bless those that excel in Nigerian military, it is nowadays full of incompetent officers that ordinary civilians can floor by using google info. Happy New year o!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

[s]
I decided to stop comments on Mokopa some hours ago because @tdayof asked me to avoid it in new year, but now you South Africans have started to call shame on my comments again and restart issues.

I have no obsession with South Africa, you should check your obsessions with Nigeria especially ARA MRAP and Tucano APKWS that you work hard to make look ordinary you @Saengine started this whole argument on APKWS that led to Mokopa story, so blame yourself o!

Keep defending Denel because you are Denel employee, its not my business, I dont work there.

If you had been smart enough and told Patches to stop arguing APKWS & Mokopa with me instead of always insisting on having the last word, I would not have had to reply Patches this New year. For @tdayof's sake I will end the matter here, but if another South African challenges me again, it means you want me to reply, and I will![/s]

There was never an argument between me & anyone. My first reply was to LTGEN, he never responded with anger. Rest of my comments are purely that...comments, no argument.

No one asked you not to comment. Almost everyone on the thread is just saying stop adding made-up nonsense. "Algeria would not have purchased Mokopa if they attended that missile test".... stuff like that is completely made up by you. It's been years now, your antics here got old long ago....South Africans, Nigerians & others agree on that.

Whether I reply or not your stup1dity will continue regardless, so it's irrelevant. Happy New Year.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2018
Patchesagain:

This discussion has been over for a very long time, augustine.

You keep replying a matter you said is over? Makes sense? Since you restart it again, you force me to reply. @tdayof you see its not my fault.

Patches, you must prove to us that the mokopa target miss at export demo was at 10km to justify deviation. If you cant prove it, you lost, I win.

Also tell us the kill ratio of mokopa if its up to 93% like APKWS that you call common technology.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

You keep replying a matter you said is over? Makes sense? Since you restart it again, you force me to reply. @tdayof you see its not my fault.

Patches, you must prove to us that the Mokopa target miss at export demo was at 10km to justify deviation. If you cant prove it, you lost, I win.

Also tell us the kill ration of mokopa if its up to 93% like APKWS that you call common technology.

1. APKWS is common, this is beyond dispute - there are half a dozen products which are exactly the same.

2. The listed deviation for the Mokopa is the listed deviation. I dont need to prove anything.

3. One miss means nothing. Statistically irrelevant.

This argument is over. There is nothing to discuss. Stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqE1Ni8yB_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmizeCK4xnY

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
ssaengine:

There was never an argument between me & anyone. My first reply was to LTGEN, he never responded with anger. Rest of my comments are purely that...comments, no argument.

No one asked you not to comment. Almost everyone on the thread is just saying stop adding made-up nonsense. "Algeria would not have purchased Mokopa if they attended that missile test".... stuff like that is completely made up by you. It's been years now, your antics here got old long ago....South Africans, Nigerians & others agree on that.

Whether I reply or not your stup1dity will continue regardless, so it's irrelevant. Happy New Year.

Stop lying bro, you started this argument with @Xbee007 and you argued hot like pepper repeatedly !

Many people on this thread start fire, blow it hot, saying its okay, but when SupremeCourt join the talk you tell lies that he brought argument, derailment, insult, false data, blah blah blah. See how you started the original fight since December 28 with @Xbee007 :

ssaengine:

You realise that the term classified has nothing to do with how the weapon actually works? The algorithms. BAE is not giving Nigeria the blueprints of how APKWS works (and never will in a million years) nor are the Americans with Paveway. Classified information relates to functionality of the weapon, something that all arms deals include.

You're getting the crucial/secret information regarding use of the weapon. Flight envelopes, limitations, effect of cloud cover etc etc. Basically the secret information pilots need to know.

Side note: That's why it's relatively easy to reverse engineer a purely mechanical system such as a machine gun, but very very difficult for a missile/guided system. You can have your technicians make something that looks similar to a Paveway, but with zero functionality. It's the algorithms that are top secret, and the customer will never have access to them.

See how people lie so much on this thread and devalue it.

I dont make things up sir. Mokopa missile missed target is news published in South Africa, not me saying it. APKWS 93% kill rate was said by BAE Plc not me. You find these truths painful brah.

If you want me to show mercy and save Denel, tell everybody to stop replying my APKWS comments.

Happy new year bro cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
Algerian1:

algerian army test weapons for months and sometimes for years in all conditions before any contract ! no need to explain this basic thing and how hundreds millions dollars contracts are done

did they finish the fire and forget version for the mokopa ?

Are you a general in Algerian army? No you are not. Do you have proof Algeria test fired Russian S-300 missiles for months or years and in all conditions using the anti-aircraft missiles to shooot down flying supersonic jets in all conditions of low altitude, high altitude, all ranges, in all weather cloudy, stormy, clear, day, night ? ? ? ?

Your assumption is not a fact, so prove it with solid evidence that Algeria tested Mokopa too. I am not a fool bro.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
SupremeCourt:

Stop lying bro, you started this argument with @Xbee007 and you argued hot like pepper repeatedly !

Many people on this thread start fire, blow it hot, saying its okay, but when SupremeCourt join the talk you tell lies that he brought argument, derailment, insult, false data, blah blah blah. See how you started the original fight since December 28 with @Xbee007 :

See how people lie so much on this thread and devalue it.

I dont make things up sir. Mokopa missile missed target is news published in South Africa, not me saying it. APKWS 93% kill rate was said by BAE Plc not me. You find these truths painful brah.

If you want me to show mercy and save Denel, tell everybody to stop replying my APKWS comments.

Happy new year bro cheesy
The Mokopa has nothing to do with the APKWS.

Remember when the APKWS programme was cancelled cause of poor test performance?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) ... (2840) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.