Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5937526 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (2840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
lionel4power:
Nigeria seeks ECOWAS support to end Fulani Herdsmen rampage.
in kenya when pastoralist communities start their shenanigan,law enforcers go after their cattle or camels.shot around 100 cattle or camels and they settle down
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2018
lionel4power:
Nigeria seeks ECOWAS support to end Fulani Herdsmen rampage.
we seek our own support? grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
R5 Carbine assault rifle being held by a kenya wildlife officers ,was captured from poachers by Kenya wildlife rangers on display.including other fire arms and ammo in 2012

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
They are watching you

Pic 1&2: BH propaganda footage of drone footage
Pic 3,4: the yellow dump truck

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ghana just did same recently.....Don't mind the Nigerian government....dey are not ready to end this yet!!!

newafricaken254:
in kenya when parstrolist communities start their shenanigan,law enforcers go after their cattle or camels.shot around 100 cattle or camels and they settle down

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
angry
newafricaken254:
in kenya when pastoralist communities start their shenanigan,law enforcers go after their cattle or camels.shot around 100 cattle or camels and they settle down

The president is also a fulani. He will never give such order to kill his tribal men or their cattles. Nowadays, cattles enter hotels, major road and even the presidential villa uncontrolled not to talk of farm land. All the head our intelligence agencies are fulani and all others security agencies are northern except the chief of defence staff and chief of Naval staff.
Sometimes, I feel this was done for a purpose.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2018
lionel4power:
Source

are you sure it's not the Same batch they received in 2015?

not sure , first accord was in 2012

they received first two (13,5 m patrol boats ) in 28 august, 2014 , https://tn.usembassy.gov/donation-of-patrol-boats-to-tunisian-navy/

another two 16 january 2017 (my mistake not yesterday 16 january 2018) ,source from official US embassy in Tunisia web site : https://tn.usembassy.gov/tunisian-navy-receives-two-u-s-patrol-boats/

and still two others .

and they received also free , 5 + 7 small patrol boats (7,6m) since august 2013

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanis: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
iblawi:
angry

The president is also a fulani. He will never give such order to kill his tribal men or their cattles. Nowadays, cattles enter hotels, major road and even the presidential villa uncontrolled not to talk of farm land. All the head our intelligence agencies are fulani and all others security agencies are northern except the chief of defence staff and chief of Naval staff.
You are not one of those who think the Fulanis are out to complete what Usman Dan Fodio started, are you? The farmer/fulani conflict have been going on for almost a century now. Agreed it has never been bloody as this but still, To say PMB didn't take action because he's one of them is ridiculous, PMB have always been heavy handed in making decisions. And I like how you say North as if it's not divided like the south.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Patchesagain:
They are watching you

Is this the crashed NAF mi17
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Josfactz: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
iblawi:
angry

Cheap lies
The problem is beyond just kinetic action
Moreover the NSA is kanuri , Interior is Hausa
Service chief coming from the north doesn't prevent military action when needed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
newafricaken254:
R5 Carbine assault rifle being held by a kenya wildlife officers ,was captured from poachers by Kenya wildlife rangers on display.including other fire arms and ammo in 2012
Most probably an LM5....could be an R5 but i highly doubt it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
Josfactz:

Cheap lies
So whats holding military action against killer herdsmen?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

You are not one of those who think the Fulanis are out to complete what Usman Dan Fodio started, are you? The farmer/fulani conflict have been going on for almost a century now. Agreed it has never been bloody as this but still, To say PMB didn't take action because he's one of them is ridiculous, PMB have always been heavy handed in making decisions. And I like how you say North as if it's not divided like the south.
Educate me on one major heavy handed decision PMB has undertaken as regards killer herdsmen

Let me quickly run a check on Google

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Josfactz: 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
M14A1:

So whats holding military action against killer herdsmen?
addressing underlying cause is priority, local militias n rustlers are major contributors of the conflict

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
Please let's not give excuses...

keep your sanity.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanis: 6:26am On Jan 18, 2018
M14A1:

Educate me on one major heavy handed decision PMB has undertaken as regards killer herdsmen

Let me quickly run a check on Google
I meant "heavy-handed" as in slow in taking actions. But whatever makes you happy dude.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2018
Why cant some jst call a spade a spade.
U want to tell me that killing of the locals like chicken by herdmens isnt enough to justify the locals raising a militia.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Josfactz:

Cheap lies

Is ministry of interior a security agency? Still headed by someone from Kano a fulani. NSA is Kanuri and what is the difference? Another northerner.

The truth is, if nothing is done quickly we are heading for something worst than boko haram.

Apart from the navy and chief of defence staff, why must the head of every other agency be from the north and mainly from the same tribe that have being killing people.

Instead of solving problems you are asking governors to give them cattle colonies if they want peace. Should this be coming from a president? It's really annoying.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Josfactz: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
iblawi:

Is ministry of interior a security agency? Still headed by someone from Kano a fulani. NSA is Kanuri and what is the difference? Another northerner.

The truth is, if nothing is done quickly we are heading for something worst than boko haram.

Apart from the navy and chief of defence staff, why must the head of every other agency be from the north and mainly from the same tribe that have being killing people.

Instead of solving problems you are asking governors to give them cattle colonies if they want peace. Should this be coming from a president? It's really annoying.
Interior is Hausa
Not all Fulani are herdsmen
Not all herdsmen are Fulani
It's quite interesting to see someone educated judge ppl base on where they come from and not pedigree or competence
Under same Northerner chiefs BH was rolled back,

Little knowledge of the issue n not the shit media rolls out will inform you that multiple players are responsible for the violence from militias, rustlers n elements within the herdsmen community, including environmental degradation, Nigeria had grazing areas initially dev to keep farmers & herders separate that's exactly what the colony is suppose to do

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanis: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
iblawi:

To be clear, my arguments here are for for the innocent herdsmen. (unless of course if you believe all herdsmen are killers).

Here is what I don't understand, Gov. Ortom rejected ranches, colonies (which I will like to point out are just bigger ranches) I also watched on YouTube he told Aljazeera that there is no land in all of Benue for herdsmen. Is he saying all of them should leave Benue? What solutions did he propose to curb these conflicts? (I am genuinely curious).

And again when speaking of the North, specify which part of the North you are referring to. The north is as diverse as the south. And for you to say there is not differences between Hausa and Kanuri shows just how ignorant you are about north. The only thing they have in common is religion (unless if that's what you are referring to when you keep saying north)

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
Yeah they are...Funny how soldiers on duty didnt pick the drone out

Patchesagain:
They are watching you

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
Please show me where Governor Ortom rejected Ranching(which to be is the best solution). Establishing grazing reserves would not work...Land in part of Nigeria is sacred.....Sambissa is a large swathe of Land...The herdsmen can go there

Ibrahimanis:

To be clear, my arguments here are for for the innocent herdsmen. (unless of course if you believe all herdsmen are killers).

Here is what I don't understand, Gov. Ortom rejected ranches, colonies (which I will like to point out are just bigger ranches) I also watched on YouTube he told Aljazeera that there is no land in all of Benue for herdsmen. Is he saying all of them should leave Benue? What solutions did he propose to curb these conflicts? (I am genuinely curious).

And again when speaking of the North, specify which part of the North you are referring to. The north is as diverse as the south. And for you to say there is not differences between Hausa and Kanuri shows just how ignorant you are about north. The only thing they have in common is religion (unless if that's what you are referring to when you keep saying north)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanis: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
kenpaul0:
Please show me where Governor Ortom rejected Ranching(which to be is the best solution). Establishing grazing reserves would not work...Land in part of Nigeria is sacred.....Sambissa is a large swathe of Land...The herdsmen can go there

Sorry, just confirmed, he proposed ranching but the problem is the implementation of anti grazing law before the ranches were established. The herdsmen are to buy the lands themselves, get C of O, as a Nigerian you know how tedious the process is, they complained the timeframe is too short yet he refuses to extend passing the bill into law.
And really? Sambisa forest?

But Pointing fingers isn't going to bring back the dead or restore damaged properties, let's just hope they sort this mess out.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Mig 25 with C130 Algerian AF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1GS05nOKdQ Forget about the video but look at the comments section....and follow the comments under Dontro Consulting...Interesting read

kenpaul0:
Crazy Stunt.....Maybe we should look more into this Helo.....Could be good for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
C of O, RC..or deed are all legal tender in Nigeria....Anyone of the mentioned is available in many States in Nigeria....If they are serious about getting land for Ranching anyone of these is available and legal tender....This would save lives and property

Ibrahimanis:

Sorry, just confirmed, he proposed ranching but the problem is the implementation of anti grazing law before the ranches were established. The herdsmen are to buy the lands themselves, get C of O, as a Nigerian you know how tedious the process is, they complained the timeframe is too short yet he refuses to extend passing the bill into law.
And really? Sambisa forest?

But Pointing fingers isn't going to bring back the dead or restore damaged properties, let's just hope they sort this mess out.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

When I mentioned North I equally mentioned South. I never said chief of defence staff was from South West or chief of Naval staff was from South south.

All I said was North and south.

Bros, if don't get what is going on I will tell you. It all about expanding their caliphate and having more emirs in more States. They've succeeded in Nasarawa, Plateau kogi and kwara. Now it's Benue, Ekiti, Enugu etc. If you need ranches must you have in all states of the federation? And must it be by force? This is a personal business for God's sake why make it look like a government organization.

I just lost a friend and his entire family this December. It's painful to see people who live in Lagos, portharcourt, Calabar etc comment about this herdsmen crisis because you don't know what people are actually facing.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Josfactz:

Interior is Hausa
Not all Fulani are herdsmen
It's quite interesting to see someone educated judge ppl base on where they come from and not pedigree or competence

knowledge of the issue n not the shit media rolls out will inform you that multiple players are responsible for the violence from militias, rustlers n elements within the herdsmen community, including environmental degradation, Nigeria had grazing areas initially dev to keep farmers & herders separate that's exactly what the colony is suppose to do

Not all Fulani are herdsmen.
Agreed.

Are Yorubas men herdsmen? What of Igbo? Hausa? Kanuri? Igbira? Just mention any other tribe in Nigeria that push cows from state to state.

Under the same Northerner boko haram reduce but something more deadly grew again. Are they not all killers?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
If you need ranches, must you have in all states of the federation? And must it be by force? This is a personal business for God's sake why make it look like a government organization.

Wait until someone close to you die from such attack then you will regain your senses.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
kenpaul0:

Why must you give someone land for free for his personal business?

Must opening a ranch in your state be a must?

Even after giving them land they won't still pay tax.

Of what use will they be to the state?

They will start having Emirs that will later claim to be most respected in the state.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Josfactz: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
iblawi:

Not all Fulani are herdsmen.
Agreed.

Are Yorubas men herdsmen? What of Igbo? Hausa? Kanuri? Igbira? Just mention any other tribe in Nigeria that push cows from state to state.

Under the same Northerner boko haram reduce but something more deadly grew again. Are they not all killers?

seems your from another planet, this crisis has bn happening for over a decade
Police Confirm Militia Groups ‘Armed With AK-47’ In Benue.
https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/954023344013234177?s=09
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanis: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
iblawi:

When I mentioned North I equally mentioned South. I never said chief of defence staff was from South West or chief of Naval staff was from South south.

All I said was North and south.

Bros, if don't get what is going on I will tell you. It all about expanding their caliphate and having more emirs in more States. They've succeeded in Nasarawa, Plateau kogi and kwara. Now it's Benue, Ekiti, Enugu etc. If you need ranches must you have in all states of the federation? And must it be by force? This is a personal business for God's sake why make it look like a government organization.

I just lost a friend and his entire family this December. It's painful to see people who live in Lagos, portharcourt, Calabar etc comment about this herdsmen crisis because you don't know what people are actually facing.
Spotted. The new generation of conspiracy theorists in Nigeria. This is what I meant when I said "you are not one of those who think the Fulanis are out to complete what Usman Dan Fodio started, are you?". The farmer/herder crisis is just what it is "farmer/herder crisis". There is no ulterior motive here. No islamization or fulanization or Emirization of Nigeria.

Good, since you are using south in general, let's take a look at Jonathan's security cabinet.
NIA: South
COAS: South
CAS: South
CDS: South
Defense (state): South
DSS: South

CNS:North
Defense: North
NSA: North

Fact: Since NIA was formed from now dissolved NSO back in 1986, this is only the third time that a notherner is appointed DG.

Now if this has been a thread where there are only Nigerians, I wouldn't have bothered to reply you, but there are foreigners here and I noticed that most foreigner's perception of Nigeria is formed around the South's opinion because notherners are not active on the internet like their southern counterpart.

And lest I forget, take a break away from the politics section in Nairaland, too much of it can make you think downside up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (2840) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.