Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,061 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5936103 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) ... (2840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2018
BlackBaron:
You're merely boiling it down to costs. I'm asking of the possibility of also developing similar systems for ourselves. Unguided shells are sometimes inaccurate depending on factors. If needing close support with risks of troops nearby. What's the solution?

Fine mentality you got there Sir. Let's just level everything on a bf because we saw ten BH. What has the left also got to do with the discussions here.

What type of guidance do you want. A laser guided shell is some thing. Though a Excalibur style GPS guided shell is a different beast and needs a complicated FCS, modified guns and the new shells and for limited gain.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 18, 2018
tdayof:

Typical Nigerian. No one here is defending the Nigerian defect. I'm simply giving out an opinion on how both unguided and guided artillery works which you've not been able to counter with a point or fact but instead slam the 3rd world Bullshit.

It's very simple. A guided artillery will not follow a moving target to where so ever it's going but exact coordinates will get hit due to the GPS / inertial /laser guidance systems being employed. An unguided arty will have a + or - .

Same as rockets. You've seen our MRLS, unguided MRLS hitting bokoharam positions effectively.

There are some guided shells for about $75,000 which we can get. We can easily add that to our inventory. No one is saying Nigeria shouldn't posses such requirements. Imagine spending $50M on 500 guided shells when we can do what we want effectively with unguided shells at cheaper price.

Wait bros what do you mean "typical Nigerian" ? undecided

Ok bros I grab ya point.
But atleast we can have 500 guided shells and guided Air-to-Surface payloads for some specific occasions.

Look at that day that our Birds had to run away from that crash sight when BHT were advancing on us.

Do you think our Birds will stay make that "tactical withdrawal" if we have air-to-surface guided payloads at that particular instance?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 18, 2018
Frumentum:
I'm always intrigued how easy it is for people who've never put on the uniform to pontificate on the intricacies of war-fighting.
At dinner parties I've now taken to calling myself a colonoscopic surgeon, cos nobody is going to kibitz about their arse and how best to examine it.

Putting on the uniform does not mean a thing when it comes to knowledge about war fare.

Information is power... Not uniform.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:36am On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Wait bros what do you mean "typical Nigerian" ? undecided

Ok bros I grab ya point.
But atleast we can have 500 guided shells and guided Air-to-Surface payloads for some specific occasions.

Look at that day that our Birds had to run away from that crash sight when BHT were advancing on us.

Do you think our Birds will stay make that "tactical withdrawal" if we have air-to-surface guided payloads at that particular instance?

Bro, if we had guided air to surface missiles / bombs BHT would have been Dealt with that day. Plus, they could have dropped dumb bombs too but that was danger close hence why I suggested that our guys should have moved back to create a distance between them and the BHT so that the MI-35m can strike from their position. The mi-35 fires guided atgm.

We having guided bombs will be more useful than guided artillery shells.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2018
Frumentum:

Of course a physically fit matriculant will breeze through basics and with training will make a decent soldier, and then even go on to arty.
Is this trooper qualified to pontificate on the technical details of artillery systems? Of course not.

I signed on with an Honours degree in Economics and International Relations and there's so much I still don't know, a year from walking away having being head-hunted by a global think-tank.

As you rightly point out, the highly technical matters should best be left to those who've studied them. My taxpayer-funded Master's in Military Science does no more than qualify me to, for example, read and understand financial statements. I wouldn't dream of pontificating on accounting modelling theories.

Yet, people who've no idea of the basics of artillery and its application pontificate too easily on the highly technical aspects that artillery men with decades of experience approach with caution and circumspection.

cc: CaptainStephen

Going to War college in Us or Sandhurst in UK... Its just to get the Certificate.

The world is changing sir. You can get thousands of researches from experience Military Veterans all on the internet.
In fact, you can have more knowledge than some of the men in Uniform.

I give you an example, a Coursing in the Army doesn't even know what an M4 looks like.
Well, maybe because NA dont use M4. But a "Uniformless" nigger like me, through readings and researches from platforms like this... Mehn you gonna try before you see a rifle that I cant name.

Now, if uniformless niggers like us come here to pontify about Technical military issues and we are in the wrong... It is your duty as the uniform big boys to come in and shed convincing lights... Except you are not sure of yourselves.

For me, most time I read alot of what you guys post here and learn a lot... And i respect ya all especially... Tdayof, Henry240, Andrewza, patches689, Odunayaw etc etc

So when I argue with this men, I just want learn from their perspective, and tap from their wealth of knowledge.

So chief Frumentum, drop ya shoulder pads. And let us "uniformless" mofos learn from you. wink

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2018
tdayof:

Bro, if we had guided air to surface missiles / bombs BHT would have been Dealt with that day. Plus, they could have dropped dumb bombs too but that was danger close hence why I suggested that our guys should have moved back to create a distance between them and the BHT so that the MI-35m can strike from their position. The mi-35 fires guided atgm.

We having guided bombs will be more useful than guided artillery shells.

Wow..
I dont even know the MI-35 could fire ATGMs. I tot that Helo is all about spreading the big guns.

Thanks egbon.

But you never explain the phrase "typical Nigerian" as u use it above.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:14am On Feb 18, 2018
Frumentum:

Of course a physically fit matriculant will breeze through basics and with training will make a decent soldier, and then even go on to arty.
Is this trooper qualified to pontificate on the technical details of artillery systems? Of course not.

I signed on with an Honours degree in Economics and International Relations and there's so much I still don't know, a year from walking away having being head-hunted by a global think-tank.

As you rightly point out, the highly technical matters should best be left to those who've studied them. My taxpayer-funded Master's in Military Science does no more than qualify me to, for example, read and understand financial statements. I wouldn't dream of pontificating on accounting modelling theories.

Yet, people who've no idea of the basics of artillery and its application pontificate too easily on the highly technical aspects that artillery men with decades of experience approach with caution and circumspection.

cc: CaptainStephen

the truth is that no man can know the fine intricacies of a particular trade without being part of it however, time and technology have made it possible for a regular Joe to have basic understanding of how issues work.

for instance, nemesis4u a fine un-uniformed lad here who has great knowledge of how most military technologies work.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:48am On Feb 18, 2018
Way back in 2013.. when it all started

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2018
GCS

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Going to War college in Us or Sandhurst in UK... Its just to get the Certificate.

The world is changing sir. You can get thousands of researches from experience Military Veterans all on the internet.
In fact, you can have more knowledge than some of the men in Uniform.

I give you an example, a Coursing in the Army doesn't even know what an M4 looks like.
Well, maybe because NA dont use M4. But a "Uniformless" nigger like me, through readings and researches from platforms like this... Mehn you gonna try before you see a rifle that I cant name.

Now, if uniformless niggers like us come here to pontify about Technical military issues and we are in the wrong... It is your duty as the uniform big boys to come in and shed convincing lights... Except you are not sure of yourselves.

For me, most time I read alot of what you guys post here and learn a lot... And i respect ya all especially... Tdayof, Henry240, Andrewza, patches689, Odunayaw etc etc

So when I argue with this men, I just want learn from their perspective, and tap from their wealth of knowledge.

So chief Frumentum, drop ya shoulder pads. And let us "uniformless" mofos learn from you. wink

BS. I don't care what you learned online practical knowledge trumps all. M4, R4, AK47 they all do the same thing. Send a piece of metal real fast through a tube. But until you have made a 1 day ration pack last 3 days your opinion means less to me. Sure you may have under standing of politics and George politics but when it comes to warfare books leave a lot out. I mean people here know the 50cal as a 2000m range, I know you will struggle to hit a barn at that range.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Wow..
I dont even know the MI-35 could fire ATGMs. I tot that Helo is all about spreading the big guns.

Thanks egbon.

But you never explain the phrase "typical Nigerian" as u use it above.

I dont see NAF carrying any of them though. Kind of a costly way to kill a BH pick up truck.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Putting on the uniform does not mean a thing when it comes to knowledge about war fare.

Information is power... Not uniform.

And you don't have the knowledge since you have never been in the uniform. The internet and books leave out a lot of details, lie or simply are outdated.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2018
andrewza:

BS. I don't care what you learned online practical knowledge trumps all. M4, R4, AK47 they all do the same thing. Send a piece of metal real fast through a tube. But until you have made a 1 day ration pack last 3 days your opinion means less to me. Sure you may have under standing of politics and George politics but when it comes to warfare books leave a lot out. I mean people here know the 50cal as a 2000m range, I know you will struggle to hit a barn at that range.

Oh oh cheesy
So what are you feeling like right now ? undecided
John Rambo on Nairaland ! grin grin grin

How convenient !

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
andrewza:

And you don't have the knowledge since you have never been in the uniform. The internet and books leave out a lot of details, lie or simply are outdated.

Really sir I want to be humble with you wink.. So I will just keep quiet.
Really I dont think an Educated person will write what you wrote above.
So let me leave you with this phrase to deal with "Knowledge is in phases". wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
Augubugubu is back?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
andrewza:

Americans move from M16 to M4... That decision was informed by books and researches written by Veterans and Civilians alike.
Presently, on the table of American Congress is the debate about whether or not to continue using M4... The argument for and against are all based on books and researches by Veterans and Civilians alike.

And yet here you are sir on Nairaland forming John Rambo grin

So because you are a Uniform man means you know every goddamn thing about the military ? And "Ununiformed" people's view is a non grata ?
If this is your mentality, dear sir you gonna have a very stagnant military career.

Knowledge is in phases.
No body has a monopoly of knowledge, nor an exclusive right to a given public topic. Period. Full stop.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
MikeCZA:
Augubugubu is back?
You people wreck this thread with this uninformed nonsense you are so quick to spew.

Learn to accept or ignore an opposing view. No two humans are the same.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
andrewza:

I dont see NAF carrying any of them though. Kind of a costly way to kill a BH pick up truck.

NAF has done that not once.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Really sir I want to be humble with you wink.. So I will just keep quiet.
Really I dont think an Educated person will write what you wrote above.
So let me leave you with this phrase to deal with "Knowledge is in phases". wink

Most informations which uniformed officers have are already out to civilians and researchers. There's nothing secretive about the military bureau again except for informations which are classified in which most uniforms officers do not even have knowledge of except some SF or top ranking officers.

There's nothing hidden again. Maybe an information that a country posses a particular weapon? Not even all Nigerian soldiers know there's something called beryl Riffle or probably the damn BMP IFV.

They only know what they need to know. While a researcher knowledge goes accross the field.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
officialdayo:

Most informations which uniformed officers have are already out to civilians and researchers. There's nothing secretive about the military bureau again except for informations which are classified in which most uniforms officers do not even have knowledge of except some SF or top ranking officers.

There's nothing hidden again. Maybe an information that a country posses a particular weapon? Not even all Nigerian soldiers know there's something called beryl Riffle or probably the damn BMP IFV.

They only know what they need to know. While a researcher knowledge goes accross the field.

Damn right sir cool

You wont believe my Coursing did not even know we have an indigenous APC called Igirigiri shocked something so common here on Nairaland.
He doesn't read atall. He will just carry his AK and stand at his duty post all day. Poor lad.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Damn right sir cool

You wont believe my Coursing did not even know we have an indigenous APC called Igirigiri shocked something so common here on Nairaland.
He doesn't read atall. He will just carry his AK and stand at his duty post all day. Poor lad.
I used to love the Igirigi so much. Pity we could not sustain it.

All, Army recognition is about to do a story on the PF ARA MRAP and PF2 delivered to the Nigerian army.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2018
Henry240:

You people wreck this thread with this uninformed nonsense you are so quick to spew.

Learn to accept or ignore an opposing view. No two humans are the same.
Which people?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
MikeCZA:
Which people?
You and your ilk.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
Henry240:

All, Army recognition is about to do a story on the PF ARA MRAP and PF2 delivered to the Nigerian army.

Wow.. Beastly looking wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
Henry240:

Bros, these ARA Are they operational now in the North East ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
Henry240:

you need to learn to stop being condescending. I posed a question after we built our drone about guided shells and building it in house. While others gave constructive criticism, you jump in about 'politics'. (Google meaning of tea party and leftist before using in context too)
Sit your asss and learn not to be abrupt. Tired of your angsty attitude bro.

Nemesis4u and andrewza have dropped their nuggets, all fair to them. Their discourse is acceptable to me.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Americans move from M16 to M4... That decision was informed by books and researches written by Veterans and Civilians alike.
Presently, on the table of American Congress is the debate about whether or not to continue using M4... The argument for and against are all based on books and researches by Veterans and Civilians alike.

So because you are a Uniform man means you know every goddamn thing about the military ? And "Ununiformed" people's view is a non grata ?
If this is your mentality, dear sir you gonna have a very stagnant military career.

Knowledge is in phases.
No body has a monopoly of knowledge, nor an exclusive right to a given public topic. Period. Full stop.

you ruined your argument the moment you mentioned the bolded word.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
lionel4power:

you ruined your argument the moment you mentioned the bolded word.

Good "ruin" then wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
BlackBaron:
you need to learn to stop being condescending. I posed a question after we built our drone about guided shells and building it in house. While others gave constructive criticism, you jump in about 'politics'. (Google meaning of tea party and leftist before using in context too)
Sit your asss and learn not to be abrupt. Tired of your angsty attitude bro.

Nemesis4u and andrewza have dropped their nuggets, all fair to them. Their discourse is acceptable to me.

Do you realize i didn't quote you on that comment? I didn't quite any one for that matter. You just jumped into an opinion i was expressing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Henry240:
Nemesis4u , here is a much longer video of the demonstration. Including takeoff and landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqKCewf1m8s

What kind of optics is it using, looks like good quality but also not powerful enough for a good zoom from whatever altitude the uav was flying. Anyways that can easily be remedied through upgrades.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Knowledge is in phases.

America has not replaced the M16 with the M4. This alone is a fact that you got wrong. A big fact.

America has through the years tried to replace the M16 and M4 and it was dropped every time.

I suggest you get some knowledge on this fact.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Oh oh cheesy
So what are you feeling like right now ? undecided
John Rambo on Nairaland ! grin grin grin

How convenient !

You miss understand. Any one would struggle to be accurate at that range.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) ... (2840) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: SSBN841

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.