Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5948705 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
sudan

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Around the time of the Umbani/Al-Tariq demonstration, someone here claimed the SAAF Hawk can't carry air-to-air missiles and would be shot down before launching the glide bombs.

Note the date on this pic.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Uganda’s Chief of Defense Forces (CDF) Gen. Edward Katumba Wamala has visited and briefed AMISOM frontline troops in Janaale, Lower Shabelle region, commending their gallantry in their fight against Al Shabaab terrorists.

He took particular note of the spirited fight they put up against Al Shabaab militants, who attacked the AMISOM base at Janaale early this week, using a vehicle borne explosive to gain forceful entry into the camp, where they were engaged in battle by the troops.

“My visit was prompted by what happened here in Janaale, where we are now, where our base was attacked by the Al Shabaab using a vehicle bomb IED to breach the defense and where we incurred some casualties; some of our friends lost their lives. I came one, to assess how the situation was and to get a clear picture; how the whole thing happened, and also establish whether they were any flaws in terms of the response. I am convinced that the boys put up a good fight,” said Gen. Katumba.

General Katumba was guided on a tour of the Janaale base by the AMISOM Ugandan Contingent Commander Brig. Gen. Sam Kavuma and briefed by the troops on the ground.

He thanked the troops for the high morale they have maintained and asserted that the enemies of peace will be fought and defeated.

General Katumba Wamala further thanked the partners and FGS for the mutual support rendered to enable AMISOM operations progress positively. He also expressed heartfelt condolences to the families and colleagues of the soldiers who lost their lives and wishes for quick recovery for the injured.

“I just want to give assurance to our partners and also to the other soldiers that all is under control and definitely nothing much to worry about. Our hearts go out to the gallant soldiers who lost their lives as they were executing this noble task of defending and protecting the civilians in this country against the bad fellows Al Shabaab,” he added.

Brig Sam Kavuma said the CDF’s visit was timely and his tactical guidance will facilitate further progress with combat operations.
http://amisom-au.org/2015/09/ugandan-cdf-gen-katumba-wamala-visits-and-commends-frontline-troops-in-janaale-somalia/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Army Counter-terrorist operations.

The guy in the last pic be looking like "I can't wait to shoot soothing" grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
South Africa
Image creds to Doug

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
patches689:

In future
Warn me before posting such pronographi.c material
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
frumentius:
Around the time of the Umbani/Al-Tariq demonstration, someone here claimed the SAAF Hawk can't carry air-to-air missiles and would be shot down before launching the glide bombs.

Note the date on this pic.
The bomb is dropped at a stand-off distance.

Outside the enemy air defended zone.

By the time the enemy scrambles fighters if ever the attacking aircraft are detected they'll be RTB far away to give chase.

Also the bomb can attack from any direction and angles up 90 degrees.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
South Africa
Image creds to Doug

People still saying SAN's submarines are rusting away in dry docks?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
uganda SU-30 jet

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
stillchris:

The guy in the last pic be looking like "I can't wait to shoot soothing" grin
Lmao!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:26am On Sep 04, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM3hpj9LmtM
South African Oryx Helicopter near miss...everyone is okay...That's all that matters
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:52am On Sep 04, 2015
frumentius:
@Henry and other Nigerians

Seeing that the REVA APC is in service, have you guys ever considered equipping them thus:

"We heard you like support vehicals"

"So we put a mortar support vehical inside an AT support vehical"

Now that is INCEPTION

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:54am On Sep 04, 2015
gottfried21:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM3hpj9LmtM
South African Oryx Helicopter near miss...everyone is okay...That's all that matters

I would love to have acess to the comms recordings of that incedent

Pilot: "Fok fok fok fok fok fok...."
Other pilot: "fok fok fok fok...."
Ground control "fok fok fok fok fok..."

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 04, 2015
Nigeria COIN

- Nigerian Special Operation Forces seems to have been issued new Taoboa Special forces boots.

The Soldier in the first photo is wearing a Taoboa CQB Special Forces Tactical Boots.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:41am On Sep 04, 2015
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

- Nigerian Special Operation Forces seems to have been issued new Taoboa Special forces boots.

The Soldier in the first photo is wearing a Taoboa CQB Special Forces Tactical Boots.

Great pictures.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 04, 2015
bidexiii:

Great pictures.
Yeah, they are!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 04, 2015
MikeCZAR:
The bomb is dropped at a stand-off distance.

Outside the enemy air defended zone.

By the time the enemy scrambles fighters if ever the attacking aircraft are detected they'll be RTB far away to give chase.

Also the bomb can attack from any direction and angles up 90 degrees.

Mike, we all know to whom such facts do not matter!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 04, 2015
Nigerian Defence HQ

Popularly referred to as Ship-house.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:16am On Sep 04, 2015
Henry120:

Yeah, they are!

I pray that one day our regular infantry soldiers will kit like these, then our SF would av upgraded more!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 04, 2015
Possible up-grade for Nigerian Army Steyr and MTLB APCs.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 04, 2015
bidexiii:

I pray that one day our regular infantry soldiers will kit like these, then our SF would av upgraded more!

It all boils down to have a proper privatised local defence industry that is able to support the military.

Those contractors who have been "eating" and "chopping" our money since the 80s on multiple defence contracts should come down here and set up shop or no contracts for them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 04, 2015
Technical description of weapon mounted on Nigerian Army Spartan MK 2 APC.

Credits : Lachit

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2015
Nigerian Service Chiefs and the Inspector General of Police attending a senate hearing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
Henry120:

Our brother @Chukwu feels a lot of negative sensitivity seeing other races other than blacks in Africa. Please don't feed the troll.
So i see a pic of white people from America armed with guns carrying out an unknown task in Kenya which is in East Africa, i decide to ask the Kenyan gentlemen why they are there and what they are doing and you decide to attack me? if you carry on with behavior like this offline you wont live long my friend..and maybe if your tribe had felt negativity towards seeing other races in Africa there wouldnt be millions of black people in Brazil, Cuba, Dominican Republic and other parts of South America speaking Yoruba in 2015 and suffering extreme genocide and racial discrimination at the hands of the whites that you love. You are the troll, Henry, not me.

Read understand and dont respond.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
ChukwuCantDie:
So i see a pic of white people from America armed with guns carrying out an unknown task in Kenya which is in East Africa, i decide to ask the Kenyan gentlemen why they are there and what they are doing and you decide to attack me? if you carry on with behavior like this offline you wont live long my friend..and maybe if your tribe had felt negativity towards seeing other races in Africa there wouldnt be millions of black people in Brazil, Cuba, Dominican Republic and other parts of South America speaking Yoruba in 2015 and suffering extreme genocide and racial discrimination at the hands of the whites that you love. You are the troll, Henry, not me.

Read understand and dont respond.
come on guys stop with the they hate us we hate them,if someone is willing to help you i consider him a friend rather than a guy who watches from a distance while you die and suffer. don't let the past dictate the your future,thats why tribal wars never end in africa

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
off topic

A simple day in Ukraine - military helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-nTKT9Tko

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:08am On Sep 05, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtzgE9mJD8
*Unrelated* A Chinese video game software company called Tencent recently released a war simulation video(with the approval of the PLA)...Looks pretty interesting and just thought I'd share it....The Chinese forces appear to be engaging The US and Japan...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:16am On Sep 05, 2015
gottfried21:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtzgE9mJD8
*Unrelated* A Chinese video game software company called Tencent recently released a war simulation video(with the approval of the PLA)...Looks pretty interesting and just thought I'd share it....The Chinese forces appear to be engaging The US and Japan...

Seen it before

Its a fairly ludicrous video

The PLAN would struggle to defeat the JMSDF by itself, let alone the combined might of the ROKN/UNSN/RN/RCN/RAN and JMSDF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2015
patches689:

Seen it before

Its a fairly ludicrous video

The PLAN would struggle to defeat the JMSDF by itself, let alone the combined might of the ROKN/UNSN/RN/RCN/RAN and JMSDF

Mr man. just entertain yourself for once without d1ckriding the west grin

I bet you won't argue if it's about US invading China (as if that'll be possible) grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2015
stillchris:

Mr man. just entertain yourself for once without d1ckriding the west grin

I bet you won't argue if it's about US invading China (as if that'll be possible) grin

Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: "Do not march on Moscow". Various people have tried it, Napoleon and Hitler, and it is no good. That is the first rule. I do not know whether your Lordships will know Rule 2 of war. It is: "Do not go fighting with your land armies in China". It is a vast country, with no clearly defined objectives."

- Feild Marshal Bernard Montgomery

China cannot defeat the US at sea, and the US cannot defeat China on land

Been that way since, well, pretty much forever.

That video simply insults my intelligence, hence I responded the way I did.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 10:57am On Sep 05, 2015
patches689:

Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: "Do not march on Moscow". Various people have tried it, Napoleon and Hitler, and it is no good. That is the first rule. I do not know whether your Lordships will know Rule 2 of war. It is: "Do not go fighting with your land armies in China". It is a vast country, with no clearly defined objectives."

- Feild Marshal Bernard Montgomery

China cannot defeat the US at sea, and the US cannot defeat China on land

Been that way since, well, pretty much forever.

That video simply insults my intelligence, hence I responded the way I did.
I can tell from your comment that you're not a gamer grin

It was made by a gaming software company, not the PLA.

Russia invaded US in COD4 and everyone just enjoyed the game. Including Americans

Your response was unnecessary IMO

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.