Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5947017 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2014
I think the holes on the IFV are from the rounds from our gunship used not the browning machine gun or Dshk !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
Henry120:

Na so!!!!

I'm convinced it's a DSHK round. I just saw a photo our CS/VP3 BIG FOOT
yeah ,on another note it seems our dss now/ are feilding HK416 cos i ve seen them with that weapon more than trice now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi:
yeah ,on another note it seems our dss now/ are feilding HK416 cos i ve seen them with that weapon more than trice now.

Are you sure it isn't the GALIL ACE?

Anyway, I don't get the proliferation of assault rifles in the service. The only commonality they have is they all use the NATO 5.56mm round.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Henry120:

Are you sure it isn't the GALIL ACE?

Anyway, I don't get the proliferation of assault rifles in the service. The only commonality they have is they all use the NATO 5.56mm round.
sorry yeah you right it was the galil ace ,the scopes and sight decieved me.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
i saw the Travor up close for the first time on teusday at the Eagle's square. I even spoke with a DSS personel. After i saw the the Travor, the sight of the rusty AK at the hands of the army became offensive.

Can someone compare the Travor to the AK? Also, it seems what the police is carrying is better than what the soldiers are carrying just by mere looking at it. It is such an irony.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PatriotZAR: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
-

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 20, 2014
COIN operations nigeria, seized Boko-haram weapons and trucks.

The Nigerian army continues to receive T-84U OPLOT-M main battle tanks from ukraine.

All previous orders of 19 MI-series helicopters have continued to be delivered.

The new orders would probably begin deliveries late 2014 or in 2015.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 20, 2014
COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 20, 2014
Uganda's all female tank crew

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 20, 2014
Ethiopia's and probably one of very few female pilots(Su-27) in Africa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Tanzania SA-6 Gainfull - medium range

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Henry120: COIN operations nigeria, seized Boko-haram weapons and trucks.

The Nigerian army continues to receive T-84U OPLOT-M main battle tanks from ukraine.

All previous orders of 19 MI-series helicopters have continued to be delivered.

The new orders would probably begin deliveries late 2014 or in 2015.

na the heavily armed wey dem say BH dey heavily armed be this? I fail to see how these weapons are superior to what the soldiers are carrying. Nigerians with their mouth!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kenyan president visits KDF troops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
craziebone:

na the heavily armed wey dem say BH dey heavily armed be this? I fail to see how these weapons are superior to what the soldiers are carrying. Nigerians with their mouth!

What were you expecting, TOPOL-M missiles? 300 men backed with AA, would overun an out-post of 8-10 men.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
Henry120: Kenyan president visits KDF troops
The Type 92 IFV has now seen combat in the DRC with the Tanzanians and with Kenyans in Somalia.

Getting the job done.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
AAD 2014

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
MikeZA: The Type 92 IFV has now seen combat in the DRC with the Tanzanians and with Kenyans in Somalia.

Getting the job with done.

It's a practical, very sustainable IFV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:31am On Sep 22, 2014
denisfidha: Tanzania SA-6 Gainfull - medium range

Wow ! I have been praying to see this. Tanzania has one of the best 5 air defenses in Africa. Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:34am On Sep 22, 2014
NE war zone. O boy, dig that defense line trench deep o, or else it becomes a shallow grave grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 4:16am On Sep 22, 2014
denisfidha: Tanzania SA-6 Gainfull - medium range

3 fingers of death?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
agaugust: NE war zone. O boy, dig that defense line trench deep o, or else it becomes a shallow grave grin
l0l him sef no go wan Bleep up...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nigerian army IGIRIGI APC's near the border with cameroun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
Henry120: Nigerian army IGIRIGI APC's near the border with cameroun
The beast its much better than the useless choscharis Ford pickups. Love to see ifv in use
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ZeusAyo: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
Henry120: Nigerian army IGIRIGI APC's near the border with cameroun
I assume that is an area of low danger because of the way those grunts are sitting exposed on the apc. It would be nice if those babies are fitted with remote controlled gun turrets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust: NE war zone. O boy, dig that defense line trench deep o, or else it becomes a shallow grave grin
i respect your hustle sir. But i do not think that picture was taken in the north eastern part of Nigeria. The vegetation is that of a rainforest belt and the red sand didn't help matters at all. But anyways that guy better dig that thing like him life depends on it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Ibnsultan: The beast its much better than the useless choscharis Ford pickups. Love to see ifv in use

LOL
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2014
ZeusAyo: I assume that is an area of low danger because of the way those grunts are sitting exposed on the apc. It would be nice if those babies are fitted with remote controlled gun turrets

Nigerian troops have always sat atop of Armoured personnel carriers. It looks like a re-assuring mission.

Indeed. However, we should do variants. Armoured personnel carrier, ambulance, Recon, anti-tank/ anti air, command and control, surveillance and an amphibious variant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by skullz: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2014
skullz: Super hind. Algerian airforce

Only sub-saharan African photos are needed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2014
skullz: Super hind. Algerian airforce

Made in Gauteng smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ozonna(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Ibnsultan: The beast its much better than the useless [/s]choscharis[s] Ford pickups. Love to see ifv in use

Fixed [/sub]Make we no spoil person business[sub] wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.