Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5944156 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (2840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
patches689:
saw something interesting in the pics of joint exercises between us and the french

take a look at the center vessel.

Guess what that is

It's a Frigate, what else would it be?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Henry120:

I really would love to, however, it's not my policy to chat offline.
i believe i will be asking for too much, if i ask for a chat. I just wanted something like a email so i could send you some things.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
patches689:
Upgraded R4's and compact SS-77's (now smaller than a SAW) developed for the African Warrior Programme

Last pic is the PAW 20 grenade launcher, not developed for the programe and as far as i know... dead in the water angry

Would the modified SS-77 have the polymer ammunition box like the minimi?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
overhypedsteve:
i believe i will be asking for too much, if i ask for a chat. I just wanted something like a email so i could send you some things.

I'll post an email here later.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Henry120:

I'll post an email here later.
i ll appreciate that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
overhypedsteve:
i ll appreciate that.

It cannot be at this time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:37am On Oct 26, 2014
Henry120:

It's a Frigate, what else would it be?

That is a Ticonderoga Cruiser

A freaking Ticonderoga Cruiser
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:38am On Oct 26, 2014
Henry120:

Would the modified SS-77 have the polymer ammunition box like the minimi?

not sure
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 7:19am On Oct 26, 2014
patches689:
Pic 1: Link-ZA
Pic 2: MilanAAD (best in Africa)
Pic 3: infographic
Pic 4: Mini-guns acquired under a super dodgy "dont ask dont tell" deal
Niceeeeee grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2014
I know this is off-topic but this fictional pickup would be great for SF..

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Look at the General's face, he can't believe a machine-gun could be so portable. I would definitely buy these for my soldiers, 40% of my platoon would be machine gunners coz this is so portable.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2014
AAD 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2014
patches689:

That is a Ticonderoga Cruiser

A freaking Ticonderoga Cruiser

I'm reading about it for the first time, checked it out, it is an impressive missile cruiser.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 26, 2014
ActivateKruger:
I know this is off-topic but this fictional pickup would be great for SF..

There are better practical SPV currently been used, the french panhard SPV comes to mind. It's the same basic armed pick-up truck we've seen, it only looks sturdier. It's beautiful though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 26, 2014
Nigerian navy simulation room

Nigerian navy

Nigerian navy NNS Andoni II, behind schedule. @ photo taken June 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:00am On Oct 26, 2014
Henry120:
Nigerian navy simulation room

AMD Eyefinity setup. How I wish to have such a setup in my man-cave.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
Eritrean Army.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kenyan President visits Ethiopian Defense Aviation and vehicle Assembly industry to learn how they made it work

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
Amisom

UPDF
KDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 12:21am On Oct 27, 2014
But remember the entire platoon can not be machine gunners. cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 12:50am On Oct 27, 2014
NDA cadets

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 12:50am On Oct 27, 2014
The good old NAF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 12:59am On Oct 27, 2014
*unrelated*
I was reading about the Swedish Armed forces after the whole ghost submarine saga, and I was surprised to see how seriously high-tech Swedens defence force is, seeing all that High-tech gear only being used in exercises and patrols makes me really sad, to think that there are dozens of African Army's that really need those kind of weapons and would put them to good use if they had them, just makes me wonder what we as Africa's are doing wrong, Sweden has a defence budget of around $6 Billion.
It just make me think that if a country like Nigeria had half the ish Sweden has, Boko-Haram fighters wouldn't even dare try to do the shit they've been doing for the past 2years, they'd just stick to the most common kind of terrorism.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 12:59am On Oct 27, 2014
Can anyone identify that sniper rifle?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2014
onumaegbuikenna:
Can anyone identify that sniper rifle?

That's a styer SSG-69.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2014
Thenigerian24@yahoo.com

@overhypedsteve
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
Centrifude:
*unrelated*
I was reading about the Swedish Armed forces after the whole ghost submarine saga, and I was surprised to see how seriously high-tech Swedens defence force is, seeing all that High-tech gear only being used in exercises and patrols makes me really sad, to think that there are dozens of African Army's that really need those kind of weapons and would put them to good use if they had them, just makes me wonder what we as Africa's are doing wrong, Sweden has a defence budget of around $6 Billion.
It just make me think that if a country like Nigeria had half the ish Sweden has, Boko-Haram fighters wouldn't even dare try to do the shit they've been doing for the past 2years, they'd just stick to the most common kind of terrorism.

Sweden has a well established, well developed defence industry. In my opinion, countries in Scandinavia shouldn't even have militaries.

I do however disagree Nigeria needs to go High tech to defeat boko-haram. If this is the case, the Americans won't have spent over 10 years in Afghanistan or 9 years and counting in Iraq.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
Henry240:

Sweden has a well established, well developed defence industry. In my opinion, countries in Scandinavia shouldn't even have militaries.

I do however disagree Nigeria needs to go High tech to defeat boko-haram. If this is the case, the Americans won't have spent over 10 years in Afghanistan or 9 years and counting in Iraq.

Yeah very true, every country needs to strengthen their defence industry, I think that's what we lack here in Africa, we concentrate more on buying then investing.

Dude you can't really believe that America has been in Afghanistan for 9 years just to fight insurgents, many soldiers who were there have release countless documentaries showing what the are doing there, and it's mainly to take the country's Oil and other resources, this modern day Colonialism, A country that has a military with the most modern and sophisticated weapons and a large number soldiers like the U.S would've had full control of a country like Afghanistan withing 3 years, America is creating a need for them to be there, they fund terrorism and use it as an excuse to occupy the country.

I disagree with you when it comes to Nigeria needed better tech, look at how the war completely turned for B-H when you guys bought those Mi-35, introduced APCs, AGL & MGL, the people with the latest weapons, the largest number of fighter that better trained, will almost always will.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Centrifude:

Yeah very true, every country needs to strengthen their defence industry, I think that's what we lack here in Africa, we concentrate more on buying then investing.

Dude you can't really believe that America has been in Afghanistan for 9 years just to fight insurgents, many soldiers who were there have release countless documentaries showing what the are doing there, and it's mainly to take the country's Oil and other resources, this modern day Colonialism, A country that has a military with the most modern and sophisticated weapons and a large number soldiers like the U.S would've had full control of a country like Afghanistan withing 3 years, America is creating a need for them to be there, they fund terrorism and use it as an excuse to occupy the country.

I disagree with you when it comes to Nigeria needed better tech, look at how the war completely turned for B-H when you guys bought those Mi-35, introduced APCs, AGL & MGL, the people with the latest weapons, the largest number of fighter that better trained, will almost always will.
I agree With you America use the TACTICS... "CREATE A PROBLEM & BE THE SOLUTION".... And they go after any Oil Rich Region... Look wat they did to Libya
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
Henry120:
Thenigerian24@yahoo.com

@overhypedsteve
thanks man.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
Nigerian Navy chiefs

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (2840) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.