Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:22 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5895695 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
jteku:

your wrong, its not a nigerian T72b, it should be angolan.
ok prove it sirjerry

You say Nigeria doesn't have modern MBT's, you are shown one, and you start saying, #excuse me, na lie, na lie, no b we get am. Na because sy we don live our life in a way to expect d worst dat na y whn we see good thing for our country, we go say na lie, no be we get am.

Angola operates only 22 T-72M1 bought from belarus.

The president has approved 2 billion dollars for the military, specifically for equipment purchase, the 1 billion dollars loan isn't a cash loan, we are getting 1 billion dollars worth of equipment from various suppliers, especially from belarus, and the Ukraine.

This is the fact.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

Depends on the round. But you could mount a low reciol 30mm firing half chargerd rounds. Or you can can follow SA and mount some MG151 20s that fire 20x84mm rounds at 750rounds per min. Sure you won't kill any IFV but you will shred Toyats. The MG151 is light enough that the Speciol forces Hornet can carry them.

The MG151 seems a pretty decent option.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

There was and is still no proof of T72s in nigeria. There are 2 T84s in nigeria there for trails since no one buys only 2 tanks.

Actually, there is proof. Proof i've posted multiple times in the other thread. Besides, the NA soldier in the T-72 is prove enough.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Henry120:

Actually, there is proof. Proof i've posted multiple times in the other thread. Besides, the NA soldier in the T-72 is prove enough.

the big question I have is ERA, no other Nigerian AFV is shown to use it but it is in this pic. No other pic of T72s even at parades and the T82 was talked about so it is not like the T72 is a big secret
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
Henry120:

You say Nigeria doesn't have modern MBT's, you are shown one, and you start saying, #excuse me, na lie, na lie, no b we get am. Na because sy we don live our life in a way to expect d worst dat na y whn we see good thing for our country, we go say na lie, no be we get am.

The president has approved 2 billion dollars for the military, specifically for equipment purchase, the 1 billion dollars loan isn't a cash loan, we are getting 1 billion dollars worth of equipment from various suppliers, especially from belarus, and the Ukraine.

This is the fact.

T72 is not modern has such and most of the models in Africa are the crappy monkey models that are not worth a dam. Any case the T72 is not that good of a tank.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

the big question I have is ERA, no other Nigerian AFV is shown to use it but it is in this pic. No other pic of T72s even at parades and the T82 was talked about so it is not like the T72 is a big secret

Until the 2012 NADCEL, there were Armoured vehicles we didn't know the N.A operated. Neither has there been any confirmation of T-84 OPLOTS by the army or Nigerian media. However in 2005, the media in Nigeria did report on F.G's bid to purchase T-72's.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

T72 is not modern has such and most of the models in Africa are the crappy monkey models that are not worth a dam. Any case the T72 is not that good of a tank.

Typical.

Not the base of the discussion anyway.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Henry120:

This is the fact.
let them buy them first because all those military chiefs are thieves and the politicians incharge , that's all we,ve being hering the aiforce as being trying to get new jets almost a year 1st it was super tucanos, J17, sukhois e.t.c now its a useless scopion jet they r going for when a country as small as chad can purchase SU27 . Shame on Nigerian armed forces!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
Henry120:

Until the 2012 NADCEL, there were Armoured vehicles we didn't know the N.A operated. Neither has there been any confirmation of T-84 OPLOTS by the army or Nigerian media. However in 2005, the media in Nigeria did report on F.G's bid to purchase T-72's.
Similar to the Super Tucano and SU-30. People tend to believe rumours.

Reports don't mean you actually purchased and operate the equipment. If we followed rumours I'd reporting SAAF purchased the C-295.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
Henry120:

Typical.

Not the base of the discussion anyway.
His right the T-72 isn't a very good nor modern tank. The tank performed badly in most conflicts.

Majority of the ground equipment produced by the Soviet Union during cold war, were designed to fit their doctrine. Of quality through quantity.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Similar to the Super Tucano and SU-30. People tend to believe rumours.

Reports don't mean you actually purchased and operate the equipment. If we followed rumours I'd reporting SAAF purchased the C-295.

I usually don't do speculations. I do not speculate. However, all those sightings, I have no reason to doubt them. Thing is, they might have all been for evaluation purposes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
ocelot2006:

You're right on the money on isolated FOBs. Hence my for transport helicopters and additional attack helos + fixed wing multi role combat aircrafts that can carry a decent payload and can loiter on target for longer periods.
Super Tucanos..you just read my mind..we need Close Air Support aircraft more than Fighter Jets...Super Tucanos can support advancing battalions for hours..fighter jets on the other hand will do well for precision strikes..Tucanos are what we need. They have a HUGE array of options..4 Tucanos can support 2 entire battalions for hours..we were hunting for them about 2 yrs ago..where are they? They will do a lot more than the JF-17s the NAF is bidding for now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nigerian navy combat diver.

This training tank is 4 stories deep.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sirjerry(m): 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
Henry120:
Nigerian navy combat diver.

This training tank is 4 stories deep.
I think they are only about 4 countries in the world nigeria included, that have underwater training facilities.Right?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
sirjerry:
I think they are only about 4 countries in the world nigeria included, that have underwater training facilities.Right?

I have no idea.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
N.A COIN operations.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:32am On Nov 20, 2014
Henry120:

This is the fact.
When NA first got bigfoot MRAP there was photo evidence that proved that, with live NA soldiers posing on it, but someone cannot just shoot a moving lowboy with a single T72 on high speed, hw is that a prove, why do we have just a single shot, or the camera guy has no space left on his memory card, oga Henry120, someone once claim he saw super Tucano flying @ TAC , someone also claim he saw JF17 and SU 30 in the same place being assembled , beside the MI-35M that has a photo evidence which would you blive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:02am On Nov 20, 2014
sirjerry:

Countries I know have underwater training faclties.

USA, UK, France, Germany, Russia, Ausstriala, RSA, extra extra. They not that uncommen just uncommen in africa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:32am On Nov 20, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2014
Love these millitary authorities arrest deserting officers -www..ng/2014/11/19/boko-haram-shoots-nigerian-army-brigade-commander-gun-battle/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2014
Henry120:
N.A COIN operations.
nice pictures
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
I've found this page from an old MoD website which talks about a Kenya Navy Special forces team I never new existed(called Clearance Diving Unit (CDU)) with SEAL training. They even have their own DECK DECOMPRESSION CHAMBER (DDC) FACILITY - one of only 3 in Africa, the others being in Cairo, Egypt and Durban, South Africa.
Some of the missions the CDU are supposed to conduct include.
WITHIN AMPHIBIOUS CONTEX:

Assaults and sabotage on anchored or navigating vessels and on port facilities.
Clearing of beaches.
Blasting of underwater obstacles.
Inspection of hulls of naval units.
Recovery of objects from the bottom of the sea.

ON LAND:

They develop operations for the reconnaissance of strategic targets for destruction.
Ambushes.
Blasting of obstacles on land with explosives.
In addition, the unit has specially trained personnel on explosives who are specialized in the detection,deactivation and disposal of bombs.
Improvised explosive devices and non-detonated missiles.

IN THE AIR:

They execute operational and commanded jumps from great heights that enable them to infiltrate enemy line using parachutes, providing them with great capacity for penetration .
Free falling jumps .
Launching of fully equipped boats (Rubber Ducks) and cargo .

more info: http://196.202.202.44/navy/?page_link=functions

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zaandrew: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zaandrew: 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zaandrew: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3NLerb3_c

I work on her sister and sail on this boat every now and then.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zaandrew: 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:35am On Nov 21, 2014
Henry120:

A 30mm won't be a good idea on the Igirigi. I do not believe it's suspension can handle that sort of a power.

Tiny and smaller VBL carries the 20mm cannon in Europe. Civilian grade Toyota Hilux carries twin ZSU-23 cannon of 23mm x 2.

What make/brand of engine and chassis is on Igirigi, any info on that please?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zaandrew: 4:56am On Nov 21, 2014
agaugust:

Tiny and smaller VBL carries the 20mm cannon in Europe. Civilian grade Toyota Hilux carries twin ZSU-23 cannon of 23mm x 2.

What make/brand of engine and chassis is on Igirigi, any info on that please?

What 20mm though and what is the VBL made of, how strong is the supenstion and how effect by maintance is the VBL20. Those toyat's with 23mm guns have a very short life, the recoil damges it and will cause somthing to break, thuse you will have maintance issues out your ears.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Lesotho

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
Lesotho

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
Amisom, Burundi troop rotation.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
More

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2836) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.