Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:47 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5895710 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (2836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2016
and they had pictures of them, or did they get them from when they entered the country as refugees? I gues that registry database is usefull after all

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Mmmh, isn't that the South African Special Forces Brigade? The green uniform with brown boots...
Namibians, highly influenced by the SASFB.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Mmmh, isn't that the South African Special Forces Brigade? The green uniform with brown boots...

It's Namibia, not RSA. They also got the HALO gear long before the SASFB. These photos are from 2014, and you only received your gear in August of 2016.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Friendly reminder: if you haven't picked your favourite photo of "2016 so far", voting is still ongoing. Polls end by 8pm Nigerian time today.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

It's not... It's a modified Austrian Steyr HS.50 rifle which Iran bought and smuggled to the Gaza Strip.

You're right, should've looked more closely. Funny thing is the forum where I found it, everyone was convinced it was the NTW or the Indian clone.
Love the vehicle mount for the beast.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

It's Namibia, not RSA. They also got the HALO gear long before the SASFB. These photos are from 2014, and you only received your gear in August of 2016.

Oh, you funny guy. What you're talking about is the parachute training simulator.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Makes sense that they'd be informed and influenced by our ways. Chute Systems, the contractor that trains them, is made up of retired SASF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:03am On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

Hehehe Henry, the SA Special Forces were doing HALO in the 80s in Angola.... That's over 30 years ago.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2016
@Henry240: really mate, Google is your friend.
The first SASF HALO course to start at 12 000 feet. Way back in 1978!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2016
frumentius:

Oh, you funny guy. What you're talking about is the parachute training simulator.

ActivateKruger:

Hehehe Henry, the SA Special Forces were doing HALO in the 80s in Angola.... That's over 30 years ago.

You guys misunderstood me. I didn't say you started doing HALO jumps recently, everybody does HALO jumps. I've seen photos of old SADF with their gear.

I'm saying unless there is proven evidence, the more recent SASFB gear which is similar to what the Namibians use was first launched by Namibia. I'm basing my argument on the date of the photo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2016
frumentius:
@Henry240: really mate, Google is your friend.
The first SASF HALO course to start at 12 000 feet. Way back in 1978!

Dude, i'm quite sure you are aware i'm not your average military nut. I know fully well what i'm talking about. I'm referring to the gear not the HALO jump.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

Dude, i'm quite sure you are aware i'm not your average military nut. I know fully well what i'm talking about. I'm referring to the gear not the HALO jump.

So you're saying the SA Special Forces guys were jumping without the gear for almost 40 years? That should have been witchcraft.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by KOnce: 10:52am On Sep 12, 2016
grin grin MRE

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

So you're saying the SA Special Forces guys were jumping without the gear for almost 40 years? That should have been witchcraft.

Are you sure you seeing the photo i shared?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:56am On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

You guys misunderstood me. I didn't say you started doing HALO jumps recently, everybody does HALO jumps. I've seen photos of old SADF with their gear.

I'm saying unless there is proven evidence, the more recent SASFB gear which is similar to what the Namibians use was first launched by Namibia. I'm basing my argument on the date of the photo.

Henry, different countries use different gear for different doctrines. I don't recall the SASFB using the same kit as Namibians (or copying them). The date you're talking about is of the new jump simulator.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

Are you sure you seeing the photo i shared?
Exactly my point... The guys have their GEAR
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

The guys training them are Ex SA operators wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:
Inverted JAS-39 Gripen - South-Africa
Is that picture real? Definitely edited as a Gripen will not do the negative G
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Henry, different countries use different gear for different doctrines. I don't recall the SASFB using the same kit as Namibians (or copying them). The date you're talking about is of the new jump simulator.

Check out the video on the Parachute system Mikecza shared a couple weeks back.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Msauza(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2016
tdayof:

Is that picture real? Definitely edited as a Gripen will not do the negative G

JAS 39 Gripen can definitely do inverted (upside-down) movement.

https://www.videoblocks.com/video/jas-39-gripen-flying-by-upside-down-at-an-air-show-ndg3rdkzhgilcpcscy/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:45am On Sep 12, 2016
Msauza:

JAS 39 Gripen can definitely do inverted (upside-down) movement.

https://www.videoblocks.com/video/jas-39-gripen-flying-by-upside-down-at-an-air-show-ndg3rdkzhgilcpcscy/
That was a barrel roll. A real negative G will almost be impossible for a gripen.
Slow motion video.

The Unmanned F-16 doing the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcvnXxD7XA

Cc:seened
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Haaa grin. This guy... Activate Kruger!

Middle picture; Old picture, Ahrlac.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
KOnce:
grin grin MRE

I hope these are still backed by proper hot meals as regularly as possible.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by KOnce: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
DaV8King:

I hope these are still backed by proper hot meals as regularly as possible.
Lol we go ask COAS that one, my major issue be say them no fry that groundnut well and the thing take style small. Hope say them sieve that ijebu garri down to the last unrefined particle for easy digestion.
Our boys deserve the best.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
tdayof:
That was a barrel roll. A real negative G will almost be impossible for a gripen.
Slow motion video.

I am officially petrified. lipsrsealed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
KOnce:

Lol we go ask COAS that one, my major issue be say them no fry that groundnut well and the thing take style small. Hope say them sieve that ijebu garri down to the last unrefined particle for easy digestion.
Our boys deserve the best.

I 100% agree. The garri looks adequate but that g-nut fit do better sha grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
DaV8King:

I 100% agree. The garri looks adequate but that g-nut fit do better sha grin grin
It doesn't even have a NAFDAC number grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
Seened:

It doesn't even have a NAFDAC number grin

Military exemption for reasons of Nation and Op SEC grin grin angry wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
frumentius:

You're right, should've looked more closely. Funny thing is the forum where I found it, everyone was convinced it was the NTW or the Indian clone.
Love the vehicle mount for the beast.

I often forget how fvcking huge that thing is.

In my mind its the size of a Barret, in reality its big enough to sink the Yamamoto

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
tdayof:
Slow motion video.

Buddy i've seen with my own eyes a SAAF Gripen inverted flyby at AAD2014....nothing special about it, all 3G+ aircraft i know of can fly inverted!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
africaken254:

we are living in unpredictable world,this just happened today

read more https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-women-killed-terror-attack-kenya-police-station-112216914.html
Just a bit related to this, I watched a programme recently of how a country's Counter Terror officers were trained to take out suicide bombers and hostage takers. It involves a bit of human anatomy where they have to shoot them in the head (disconnect brain stem from NS) which if done correctly would immediately render their attempts to detonate or any possible finger twitching which might aid a detonation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (2836) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.