Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5947091 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
COIN

4th pic looks like it was taken in the creek

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
Battlefield photos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
jln115:

Glad you've seen the light tongue wink
No. You just proved to me internet is better than practical and first hand knowledge.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
NighttWalker:
COIN

4th pic looks like it was taken in the creek
The Uniform looks cute.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
tdayof:
No. You just proved to me internet is better than practical and first hand knowledge.
First hand knowledge??So you've flown both the Gripen and Euro-fighter?? All i did was quote the facts straight from the CAF and SAAF websites.....But hey you're the one who has first hand knowledge you obviously must know more than both SAAF and CAF!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
jln115:

First hand knowledge??So you've flown both the Gripen and Euro-fighter?? All i did was quote the facts straight from the CAF and SAAF websites.....But hey you're the one who has first hand knowledge you obviously must know more than both SAAF and CAF!
Must I fly a gripen before I know how good it is technologically? A better knowledge in avionics will bring out the facts that can't be denied even by SaaB. Physics doesn't change. I am not talking about combat here. A better research and little readings on Aerodynamics will show you the principle of lift and and how things react in air. I am not a combat expert, but obviously an expert when it comes to aircraft and Electronic warfare to some instance. Let just end the discussion here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
frumentius:

Ceremonial ranks do not entitle the holder to treat a military uniform as a costume. The title of CinC for example, is linked to the office of head of state, not the individual holding that office. That's why there's no such thing as "former/ex- CinC".
Funny enough, it is in only in questionable democracies with dodgy militaries - mostly in Africa, the Middle East and some parts of Asia - that one sees civilians putting on military uniforms that they've not earned.

She did it once and a quiet word was had with the minister's office and she didn't do it again.
No police minister has ever done that. However, civilian commissioners wear the uniform and call themselves generals. Bheki Cele as commissioner went too far with the STF uniform.
Just like Gigaba showing up at Parliament wearing an SAA pilot's uniform.

As you all can tell, I feel very strongly about this. It took me a long while to accept civilian presidents alighting their planes and saluting the guard of honour. Acceptable if the pres in question had served. But, I've learned to accept that, if done properly.

"questionable democracied with dodgy militaries"

1)former president of ghana was burried in full military uniform... having never served in the military- ghana is probably the most democratic nation in Africa..

2) all the men of the royal british royal family wear uniforms as Honorary Colonels of Regiments in Britain's Armed Forces on any official function they see fit.

4) Barack Obama leader of the free world and largest democracy was also wrong in doing this (pics below)

last pic, south korea (the most liberal asian democracy) president park at an observation podt in a military excersize

- A number of presidents never wear then coz they probably look terribly ridiculous in them with plumb bodies.... Got nothing to do with democracy

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
denisfidha:

1)former president of ghana was burried in full military uniform... having never served in the military- ghana is probably the most democratic nation in Africa..

2) all the men of the royal british royal family wear uniforms as Honorary Colonels of Regiments in Britain's Armed Forces on any official function they see fit.

4) Barack Obama leader of the free world and largest democracy was also wrong in doing this (pics below)

last pic, south korea (the most liberal asian democracy) president park at an observation podt in a military excersize

- A number of presidents never wear then coz they probably look terribly ridiculous in them with plumb bodies.... Got nothing to do with democracy

This is my last comment as this is ridiculous. You've done nothing to advance a cogent argument that civilian leaders deserve to wear military uniforms they have not earned.
And get out with your weak examples. Your knowledge of what constitutes a military uniform is as deficient as geo-politics. John Atta Mills was given a full military funeral, not buried in a military uniform. Maybe in Kenya what Obama is wearing constitutes a military uniform.
Ditto the South Korean civilian leaders.
And lastly, UK royals who've not served in an active capacity and are attached to certain regiments, will only wear dress uniforms, NOT cammo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:37am On Sep 27, 2016
denisfidha:

The Royals all served in the military (including the queen)

Barrack is just wearing a jacket

Korean democracy is dodgy... They only allowed to serve one term for a reason
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lennymutai(m): 4:24am On Sep 27, 2016
frumentius:

This is my last comment as this is ridiculous. You've done nothing to advance a cogent argument that civilian leaders deserve to wear military uniforms they have not earned.
And get out with your weak examples. Your knowledge of what constitutes a military uniform is as deficient as geo-politics. John Atta Mills was given a full military funeral, not buried in a military uniform. Maybe in Kenya what Obama is wearing constitutes a military uniform.
And lastly, UK royals who've not served in an active capacity and are attached to certain regiments, will only wear dress uniforms, NOT cammo.
worldover elected leaders by virtue of being elected becomes commaders in cheif and the military regallia and befiting rank are availled it is for them to choose to wear it or not.many choose not wear it because of simple reason It will appear that they rule millitarily and not democracy.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 27, 2016
UPDAF SU-30MK2 jets ,the most lethal fighter jet flying the african air space

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 27, 2016
frumentius:

So to you dress uniform is better than , battle dress,... you are right, this is ridiculous.......... does wearing it make any difference in its meaning, I mean both of them still have the honorary rank, and the cloth on the upper body is the most important in any uniform of the military, because its got your tag and your rank, so obama weaearing that jacket with his tag as commander in chief, no one can mistake that for anything, its part of a military uniform and he is wearing it, so if he has the customized jacket, its not far fetched to assume there is a full uniform.... and besides, a simple question would be what has a civilian leader like Obama earned to wear that jacket with his tag on it?

Prince ann royal has 24 honorary ranks, and she can wear any attire she chooses to....... prince of walse was in the navy but he hold the rank of field marsha in the army, there atleast 6 members of the royal family that never joined services, and those that never joined tend to have more honorary ranks its a mockery...

----))---
and you are right, i have not done anything to counter the argument that civilian leaders should not weare uniform they have not earned,..... because the answer is they are not wearing anything they have earned, thats why its called honorary...

here is ghanas current president, never served, president clinton wore uniform more than once and he never served, infact there are more than 3 american presidents who did so

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2016
Patchesagain:

The Royals all served in the military (including the queen)

Barrack is just wearing a jacket

Korean democracy is dodgy... They only allowed to serve one term for a reason
serve in the military my a@@!they were pampered in the military.american,british and european leader sneak into war zones to visit their troops.our presidents opening announce they are visiting war zones countries
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2016
ethiopia MIG-23 jet

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 27, 2016
US seal team my a$$ ,they would be schooled in africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnlSGmum2No
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2016
africaken254:
serve in the military my a@@!they were pampered in the military.american,british and european leader sneak into war zones to visit their troops.our presidents opening announce they are visiting war zones countries

I'm sure you're aware that European and US leaders are higher targets than African leaders?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2016
frumentius:

in many Constitution names the President the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces

for algeria in constitution the président have also the job of de Ministry of National Defence and command to the Chief of Staff of armies ( Vice-Minister of National Defense) but it's true never bouteflika wear a military uniform ( after independancy war or being president) , only one time he put a military jacket on his civilian suit during a military exercise

but many others have military uniforms for ceremony as Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces to show that they have the control on the army

pic 2 moroccan king mohamed 6

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 10:51am On Sep 27, 2016
NighttWalker:
Battlefield photos
Are this old pictures or is Nigeria still losing vehicles to BH?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2016
MikeCZA:
Are this old pictures or is Nigeria still losing vehicles to BH?
The pic is a few years old
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
ActivateKruger:

I'm sure you're aware that European and US leaders are higher targets than African leaders?
american,british and european leaders are p@ssies .the Italian prime minister was wearing a bullet proof vest inside Kenya state house,the most secure building in Kenya

We expect an Italian prime minister to wear a well-cut suit in a meeting with a world leader. But not accessorized with body-armor.

Prime Minister Matteo Renzi raised eyebrows among Kenya's social media users this week when he appeared to be sporting a bulky flak-jacket in a meeting with President Uhuru Kenyatta in his visit to Kenya's State House on Wednesday.
The images became a parlor game of 'did he or didn't he?' with red circles highlighting the unusually bulky suit
linkhttp://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/17/homepage2/renzi-body-armor-kenya/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
tdayof:
Must I fly a gripen before I know how good it is technologically? A better knowledge in avionics will bring out the facts that can't be denied even by SaaB. Physics doesn't change. I am not talking about combat here. A better research and little readings on Aerodynamics will show you the principle of lift and and how things react in air. I am not a combat expert, but obviously an expert when it comes to aircraft and Electronic warfare to some instance. Let just end the discussion here.

Dude please!! so now your claiming you know more than SAAB?? but yes your right, lets end the discussion here....no need for me to debate facts with a keyboard warrior who knows nothing about aerodynamics!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
jln115:

Dude please!! so now your claiming you know more than SAAB?? but yes your right, lets end the discussion here....no need for me to debate facts with a keyboard warrior who knows nothing about aerodynamics!!

If you were aerodynamic I'll have 40 patents on you. So learns how to to accept defeat and stop typing poo without facts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
tdayof:

If you were aerodynamic I'll have 40 patents on you. So learns how to to accept defeat and stop typing poo without facts.
So for someone who is a self proclaimed expert in aerodynamics you claimed:

1: Gripen can't fly inverted

2: 3rd gen Aircraft can't fly inverted

3: after I showed you that all fighters can fly inverted you changed the subjected to negative g dive(outside loop) which isn't even a manoeuvre

4: you didnt know that even Aircraft in the 1920's can do an outside loop yet you claim a fighter built 100 years later can't ??

5: You have no idea what wing loading and G load is....if you did we won't even be having this debate

6: you have brought forward no facts, were as I have provided facts straight from SAAB, SAAF and CAF

7: you claim you know more about aircraft and aerodynamics than people(SAAB) who actually build them.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
jln115:

So for someone who is a self proclaimed expert in aerodynamics you claimed:

1: Gripen can't fly inverted

2: 3rd gen Aircraft can't fly inverted

3: after I showed you that all fighters can fly inverted you changed the subjected to negative g dive(outside loop) which isn't even a manoeuvre

4: you didnt know that even Aircraft in the 1920's can do an outside loop yet you claim a fighter built 100 years later can't ??

5: You have no idea what wing loading and G load is....if you did we won't even be having this debate

6: you have brought forward no facts, were as I have provided facts straight from SAAB, SAAF and CAF

7: you claim you know more about aircraft and aerodynamics than people(SAAB) who actually build them.

Mr man, you have issues with English. There's a huge difference between flying inverted and a negative inverted dive (outside loop) That was my claim which you have been unable to prove wrong with all your videos.
I never claimed a 3rd generation aircraft can't fly inverted. My write-up was based on the Gripen.

You don't need to add lies to your CV on a faceless forum.
Check my previous posts. If I don't know something I'll agree to one who has a better knowledge or stop the conversation.
Just like I claimed the rail gun was in use on DDG1000, I accepted when he asked me to check again. Learn to accept the truth.

I never claimed to know better than SAAB I am just telling you the basic principles that apply to all Aircraft including the B-2 .
Edit: Had to go back to your rubbish. A first year bachelor's degree student in aerospace engineering will tell you better what wing loading is so your point about me having no idea of what it is is bullshit. My aerodynamics kmowledge is far more than you can comprehend. I don't do internet reading, I do practical.

I'll advice you to:
1) Go back for an English class.
2) Learn to accept defeat.
3) Stop being so clueless.

Between, I didn't read your post to the end as the inverted issue sounds do useless to me. I'm not wasting my time on a useless argument with you whose kmowledge on aircraft /avionics comes from google or one forum.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
Police on Tuesday gunned down a wanted terror suspect, Ismail Mohammed Soshi, in Kisauni, Mombasa County.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
tdayof:

Mr man, you have issues with English. There's a huge difference between flying inverted and a negative inverted dive (outside loop) That was my claim which you have been unable to prove wrong with all your videos.

I never claimed to know better than SAAB I am just telling you the basic principles that apply to all Aircraft including the B-2 .
Edit: Had to go back to your rubbish. A first year bachelor's degree student in aerospace engineering will tell you better what wing loading is so your point about me having no idea of what it is is bullshit. My aerodynamics kmowledge is far more than you can comprehend. I don't do internet reading, I do practical.

I'll advice you to:
1) Go back for an English class.
2) Learn to accept defeat.
3) Stop being so clueless.

Between, I didn't read your post to the end as the invited issue sounds do useless to me. I'm not wasting my time on a useless argument with you whose kmowledge on aircraft /avionics comes from google or one forum.
Fvck me dude!! Must I quote what you said a few days ago??

Your original argument was that a Gripen can't fly inverted/negative G

Then when I proved you wrong you changed the subject to an outside loop( negative G dive) which aircraft 100 years ago could do.

And if you know what wing loading is and you just took 5 minutes to google you'll realise the Gripen has the lowest wing loading of all 4+ gen Aircraft and also one of thee highest G loads of any Aircraft.

now go study first year....you clearly need it!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
jln115:

Fvck me dude!! Must I quote what you said a few days ago??

Your original argument was that a Gripen can't fly inverted/negative G

Then when I proved you wrong you changed the subject to an outside loop( negative G dive) which aircraft 100 years ago could do.

And if you know what wing loading is and you just took 5 minutes to google you'll realise the Gripen has the lowest wing loading of all 4+ gen Aircraft and also one of thee highest G loads of any Aircraft.

now go study first year....you clearly need it!!

Mr man inverted is different from (negative inverted), that's why I specified . Negative Inverted is also called (outside loop).
I'll refer you to a good online English class so you can use your time better understanding English.

Does wing loading alone contribute to the aerodynamic performance of an aircraft? NO! Go back to NASA website, and learn some stuff. Internet fanboy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
tdayof:

Mr man inverted is different from (negative inverted), that's why I specified . Negative Inverted is also called (outside loop).
I'll refer you to a good online English class so you can use your time better understanding English.

Does wing loading alone contribute to the aerodynamic performance of an aircraft? NO! Go back to NASA website, and learn some stuff. Internet fanboy.

Please move this discussion to the relevant thread, NOT here
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
Tinfoil:

smiley I'm done already,
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
tdayof:

Negative G=inverted flight
Negative G dive=tdayof made up manoeuvre.

And No its not also called an outside loop....you can fly level and still do an outside loop you don't have to come into the loop inverted...but you obviously don't know that!!

Learn your sh1t before commenting!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
off topic

funny disussion clash between united States Navy and Spanish grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oei2lB9MBo0

it's a fake , un urban legend , joke known in navies
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
jln115:

Negative G=inverted flight
Negative G dive=tdayof made up manoeuvre.

And No its not also called an outside loop....you can fly level and still do an outside loop you don't have to come into the loop inverted...but you obviously don't know that!!

Learn your sh1t before commenting!

Tinfoil:

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.