Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (976) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5947010 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 3:24am On Feb 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Looks like lake chad, can you confirm ?
Stop jumping into conclusion. ....I posted the picture, I took the pix. .....I said training
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 20, 2017
PHOTO NEWS: Chief of Training and Operations (CTOP), AVM Ahmed Iya on operational visit to 105 Composite Group, Nigerian Air Force, Maiduguri

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 20, 2017
Stephandeswardt:

Stop jumping into conclusion. ....I posted the picture, I took the pix. .....I said training

Oga oh! No b fight na. He only asked a question.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2017
Stephandeswardt:

comprehension bro,it all takes good comprehension.hot temper na yansh.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2017
president museveni security detail officer armed with a Tavor CTAR 21 assault rifle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 9:27am On Feb 20, 2017
Oga Henry do ypu know where i can find this article?

Henry240:
Aptly titled 'Textbook Take Down".

Jane's Defence Weekly article on "Operation Restore Democracy".

Senegal's army covers this coming issue of the operation to restore democracy in Gambia. Nigeria led operation which had Senegal providing the force on the ground, along with 250 Ghanaian infantry and air,naval and Special forces cover from Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 10:32am On Feb 20, 2017
Henry240:
More photos of the Nigerian army's reconfigured utility trucks.

Seeing as that turret looks capable of mounting up to 20mm Autocannon, e no heavy for that Hilux body and chassis so? shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 20, 2017
Stephandeswardt:

That's why I asked you to confirm ...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 20, 2017
sudan military industries stand IDEX2017

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2017
letter form america embassy in Nairobi,on the issue of the america weapon deal with Kenya

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2017
africaken254:
sudan military industries stand IDEX2017

Very nice LAV from Sudan, I like it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 20, 2017
kenpaul0:
Oga Henry do ypu know where i can find this article?

I don't, but Africaken254 should know. I also want to read it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Vikkie14:
Lachit is Nemesis2u.

He denies it grin

Credit: Army Recognition

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
africaken254:
letter form america embassy in Nairobi,on the issue of the america weapon deal with Kenya
No armed forces in this world should be subjected to using any armed aircraft called "air tractor" even the name is demoralizing for the men who will be getting air support from this airframe. imagine calling in for air support while under heavy fire and you are told that two A-10 Warthog are on their way, you will be motivated to continue holding the line till Air support arrives. But what if you are told that two Air tractors are enroute to give you Air support? you will be like Tractors? ah!! let me just die already.
what do the White's take African Militaries for? how can we be in the 21st century and still be using a converted farm insecticide spraying plane to fight terrorism. I guess weaponizing that plane was the idea of one over confident farmer who after carrying out some "maneuvers while spraying his corn felt it a good idea to hang some lethals on the plane and send it to Africa.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Henry240:
PHOTO NEWS: Chief of Training and Operations (CTOP), AVM Ahmed Iya on operational visit to 105 Composite Group, Nigerian Air Force, Maiduguri
NAF 558 and 270.. notice how only one has FLIR camera. Is this bright yellow the new NAF camo ? And I wonder what color the dozen Russian helicopters on order are painted

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
NAF
Sorry
Name Dream grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
overhypedsteve:
No armed forces in this world should be subjected to using any armed aircraft called "air tractor" even the name is demoralizing for the men who will be getting air support from this airframe. imagine calling in for air support while under heavy fire and you are told that two A-10 Warthog are on their way, you will be motivated to continue holding the line till Air support arrives. But what if you are told that two Air tractors are enroute to give you Air support? you will be like Tractors? ah!! let me just die already.
what do the White's take African Militaries for? how can we be in the 21st century and still be using a converted farm insecticide spraying plane to fight terrorism. I guess weaponizing that plane was the idea of one over confident farmer who after carrying out some "maneuvers while spraying his corn felt it a good idea to hang some lethals on the plane and send it to Africa.
smmh ,like your dumb bombs have being a threat to anyone.except for south africa and north africa.who else is going to be using hellfires and GBU-12's !?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
Speaking of Denel in the Middle East, someone in the armed forces of the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Iraq has some answering to do. Denel weapons sold to them keep ending up with the Kurdish peshmerga in Kurdistan. First the Y3 and now the PAW-20 with the EAHK CT Unit, a Kurdistan Special Operations unit. I must add I'm a great admirer of the Kurds and their cause and at least with them, these weapons will be put to proper use.

PIC 1: the PAW-20; and

PIC 2: the earlier pic of the Y3.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
Future Recces at Armed Forces Day 2017 cool.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
OFF-TOPIC

My kind of Rapid Intervention Vehicle or Special Forces Vehicle.

Nimr RIV, from the UAE

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Henry240:
OFF-TOPIC

My kind of Rapid Intervention Vehicle or Special Forces Vehicle.

Nimr RIV, from the UAE

Doesn't look air-droppable. Also looks like it might need a heavy heli like a Chinook to sling it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Frumentum:

Doesn't look air-droppable. Also looks like it might need a heavy heli like a Chinook to sling it.

Yeah, a CH-47. A CH-53 can still Carry it though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

NAF 558 and 270.. notice how only one has FLIR camera. Is this bright yellow the new NAF camo ? And I wonder what color the dozen Russian helicopters on order are painted

FLIR can be easily removed and put back, no problem. I shared a photo in the past of Nigerian engineer working on an NAF FLIR.

As for the Cammo, I the colour is for helicopters deployed in the NE. Colour can easily be changed to grey in Kaduna, Lagos or Port-Harcourt. Not a problem either.

What actually is a problem is, how many MI-17 assault helicopters are in service. Have we received the 6 units previously ordered?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
africaken254:
smmh ,like your dumb bombs have being a threat to anyone.except for south africa and north africa.who else is going to be using hellfires and GBU-12's !?

Not interested in your argument. However I just want to clear this up.

We use AR-1 laser guided missiles in combat, not only dumb bombs.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
an egyptian man walking to work near Cairo airport came across a SA-7 tube launcher thrown on side of the road

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 2:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
africaken254:
we ve used more Guided missiles in our COIN operations than any Nation in SSA have used for the same role. I know you know that, but you just want to defend the present position of your Government in purchasing the obsolete and civilian purpose built Aircraft for COIN. after all we introduced the use of guided missiles in the African Counter Insurgency battle theatres. The AR1 missile is a Chinese derivation of the American Hellfire Missile and we have been using them to hunt Terrorists since 2014.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
overhypedsteve:
we ve used more Guided missiles in our COIN operations than any Nation in SSA have used for the same role. I know you know that, but you just want to defend the present position of your Government in purchasing the obsolete and civilian purpose built Aircraft for COIN. after all we introduced the use of guided missiles in the African Counter Insurgency battle theatres. The AR1 missile is a Chinese derivation of the American Hellfire Missile and we have been using them to hunt Terrorists since 2014.

Agugugubug Alert!!!*

*For those who don't know, awarded to someone making assertions without regard to facts.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nigerians being slaughtered in south africa again undecided

What is it with south africa and xenophobia.

These chaps are totally ignorant

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Henry240:

FLIR can be easily removed and put back, no problem. I shared a photo in the past of Nigerian engineer working on an NAF FLIR.

As for the Cammo, I the colour is for helicopters deployed in the NE. Colour can easily be changed to grey in Kaduna, Lagos or Port-Harcourt. Not a problem either.

What actually is a problem is, how many MI-17 assault helicopters are in service. Have we received the 6 units previously ordered?
Yeah that's what I want to know, although I don't think these are the among the 6 units ordered. I only know one was donated by NEMA.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Yeah that's what I want to know, although I don't think these are the among the 6 units ordered. I only know one was donated by NEMA.

And to add to that, what helicopters per type, and quantities if someone has the info does the Nigerian military (all arms of service) actually operate? ie Light Utility; medium; naval; heavy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.