Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5895342 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (2836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
NAF DA42 ISR platform

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
Off topic. "China says it has received its largest foreign combat drone order" and wing Loong II maiden flight has just taken place.

China will continue to lead global UCAV proliferation.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hrmnn:

That looks like it would reduce one's hearing ability and situational awareness, including peripheral vision.

But I'm sure the people who designed it probably took that into consideration.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
OFF-TOPIC

British navy SBS

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
OFF-TOPIC

Russian SSO special forces in Crimea and Syria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Off topic. "China says it has received its largest foreign combat drone order" and wing Loong II maiden flight has just taken place.

That should be the deal with Saudi Arabia, 300 UCAV in all.

They should be ahead of the United States with this deal taken into account. My thoughts though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NAF DA42 ISR platform

Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nigerian navy Offshore Patrol Crafts currently under construction in France. 4 units in all.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Henry240:

That should be the deal with Saudi Arabia, 300 UCAV in all.

They should be ahead of the United States with this deal taken into account. My thoughts though.
300, i assume various sizes then because 300 MALE UAV's sounds ridiculous even for KSA.

NAF/NA should continue to look into UAV's.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nigerian army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
Patchesagain:
**OFF ***

(i dont know how to pm people, so I will just leave this here)

@Henry120 @AngryEastAfricanWhoAllwaysWantsPeopleToAskTheirMothersQuestions wink

We were talking about these guys a couple months back.

Yeah nice, thanks for posting.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nigerian navy ship flying a Cameroonian flag

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
300, i assume various sizes then because 300 MALE UAV's sounds ridiculous even for KSA.

NAF/NA should continue to look into UAV's.

Probably so, I can't say for sure.

I think we are investing in UAVs in huge numbers across the services. If you look at the Air Force and Army UAV purchases, it is significant by African standards.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
Exercise flintlock 17 is here, let's see if we can get more photos.

For those who don't know, Flintlock exercise is the largest SOF exercise in Africa. Over 34 countries from Africa, Europe and North America participate in the exercise.

It's a US military led exercise.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
Some participants from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
ActivateKruger:

I'm not a fan of face covering "futuristic" masks... I'm no soldier but if I was, I'd prefer fighting light.
during the assault on the hijacked Air France Flight 8969,one of the GIGN operative was shot in the face but the thick visor on his PASGT helmet protected him.by withstand the impact of the bullet(only the first layer fractured).assault teams face a serious threat ,when they lack protective gear.especially when they have lost element of surprise
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Off topic.

Instead of the constant attempts to outbuy neighbours or the constant mud fights about whose **** is bigger and 'badder'in military terms.

Assuming we had enough decent heads in charge on the continent, why can't we just have joint arms research programmes to reduce costs of weapon development.

Many costly lessons (conflicts) on the continent have come, gone and still continuing, rather we remain stagnant to solving unique problems until the cycle kicks off again.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
jteku:
??

See how you carry Account Opening packs full your dashboard. grin grin grin

DSA make you no allow FCMB kill you with target oh. grin grin

You don go market storm for AFIT.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ah, the great SA Navy tradition of a braai on the deck of a sub lives on.
SAS Queen Modjadji on her way home from Armed Forces Day 2017 in Durban.

PIC: courtesy of http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2707&p=113831#p113825

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
Henry240:
OFF-TOPIC
Russian SSO special forces in Crimea and Syria
just made my day.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
frumentius:
Ah, the great SA Navy tradition of a braai on the deck of a sub lives on.
SAS Queen Modjadji on her way home from Armed Forces Day 2017 in Durban.

PIC: courtesy of http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2707&p=113831#p113825

So what do sailors braai? Snook fish?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian navy ship flying a Cameroonian flag
maybe the vessel is in cameroonian waters.

what class of ship is it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
BlackBaron:
Off topic.

Instead of the constant attempts to outbuy neighbours or the constant mud fights about whose **** is bigger and 'badder'in military terms.

Assuming we had enough decent heads in charge on the continent, why can't we just have joint arms research programmes to reduce costs of weapon development.

Many costly lessons (conflicts) on the continent have come, gone and still continuing, rather we remain stagnant to solving unique problems until the cycle kicks off again.

why you cant have joint R& D with your neighbors is because when the shooting war starts you both will be holding the same bucket of equipment and you wouldn't know what to do with it.

for example imagine two similar T-72 MBT engaging each other what do you think the outcome will be like.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
lionel4power:
why you cant have joint R& D with your neighbors is because when the shooting war starts you both will be holding the same bucket of equipment and you wouldn't know what to do with it.

for example imagine two similar T-72 MBT engaging each other what do you think the outcome will be like.
It's time to grow up though. Petty bunch of Africans I see it as.
Britain isn't posturing to Germany nor France and trying to show themselves bigger militarily. Two of the countries above also have the biggest economies in Europe. A looser form of defence cooperation is done via ECOWAS.(Their collective efforts put paid to Gambia) However, it stops short of deeper ties that could make them stronger by way of development and extra bits.

Anyway, it's why I said if we had decent 'heads'

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

chinese engineers just announced that they have successfully tested a quantum radar.
what this means is that if its TRUE then stealth is already dead and the F35 lightning II is automatically a piece of $1 trillion junk.

a quantum radar operates quite different from a regular radar, it works by sending out one photon from a pair of photon.. the photon that is left behind will behave EXACTLY like the photon sent out. its a freak of nature, since we all know that a photon doesn't have mass and its the bedrock of ALL electromagnetic wave.

the theory was discovered by Albert Eistern himself. and the chinese are exploiting it AS USUAL.

if the report is TRUE then all I can say is RIP Stealth, RIP F-22 RAPTOR, RIP B-2, RIP PAK T-50, RIP F-35, RIP AMCA. RIP RADAR ABSORBENT MATERIAL (RAM). RIP USAF.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
BlackBaron:

Britain isn't posturing to Germany nor France and trying to show themselves bigger militarily. Two of the countries above also have the biggest economies in Europe. A looser form of defence cooperation is done via ECOWAS.(Their collective efforts put paid to Gambia) However, it stops short of deeper ties that could make them stronger by way of development and extra bits.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
BlackBaron:

no offence but as long as there are Africans then there will always be wars in Africa. hell! as long as there are men on earth there will always be wars.

war, conflict, crises brings about innovations and competitions. for civilization to thrive these two must exist. Men will always find new ways to kill other men. that's why all country have their own unique weaponry so as to get an edge over the other.

Europeans are quite different in the sense that they need each other to survive in all sense economically, socially e.t.c. their geo-political disposition is intertwined unlike we africans that firmly believes in racial independence and superiority complex.
ECOWAS isn't just about defence alone it focus more on economics and geo-politics. military cooperation is just a by-product of the alliance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Henry240:

See how you carry Account Opening packs full your dashboard. grin grin grin

DSA make you no allow FCMB kill you with target oh. grin grin

You don go market storm for AFIT.

Lolz...DSA ke?? U don see me finish.....not even in sales, u come Knw the Job wella, abi u don do am before
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
jteku:

Lolz...DSA ke?? U don see me finish.....not even in sales, u come Knw the Job wella, abi u don do am before

LOL, it's the industry. Nobody wey dey dis industry wey no, no una FCMB DSA's. I'm not in sales either.

Looking at that dashboard, as long as you dey industry, u must know wetin those things be. It's not hidden.

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (2836) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.