Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,348 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children (892 Views)

Parents Pleases Be Careful! Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl / Man Steals Car With Baby, Strangles It To Death (PICTURED) / Adultery Gone Awry: As Mistress Strangles 4 Children Of Her Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
RCMP captured the escaped snake and are now investigating the tragic death of two children aged five and seven years old

From page 1 Two young boys who were at a sleepover in an apartment above an exotic pet store in Campbellton, N.B., were killed by a large African python that got loose early Monday.

The python escaped from the Reptile Ocean exotic pet store and strangled the children, five and seven years old, who were found at 6:30 a.m.

According to the RCMP, the snake escaped and slithered through the ventilation system to the upstairs residence where the children had spent the night with a friend.
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
The snake has been captured and in possession of the RCMP, who believe it escaped from its enclosure overnight.
Well before the tragedy, an online petition was asking for Reptile Ocean to be shut down.

On thepetitionsite.com, the page’s administrator wrote: “The way his animals are treated is not right, And i will fight against them till something is done, Sick animals should not be around healthy ones. They should not even be up for adoption. I am disgusted by that place and will no longer step a feet in there ever again.”
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
On its Facebook page, Reptile Ocean describes itself as an “Exotic pet store open to the public for purchase and viewing! wonderful animals. fun for everyone.”

Responding to a post by Reptile Ocean on Saturday that read “sharing is caring,” one visitor to the page commented: “You know what ISNT caring...have your snakes escape and then kill some children.”

Autopsies will be performed on the two boys Tuesday in Saint John, N.B.
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
Call me a Chicken, i will never live ontop of such stores.

Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Osama10(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hmmmn.
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Bawss1(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
Tragic
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Bawss1: Tragic

Bad one at that . . . cry
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by coogar: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
the pet shop owner killed those boys.....there's no way a snake would climb up a vent(those iron bars are slippery) and then put a hole in the ceiling to gain access to the room where those little boys were sleeping.

besides, the snaked got there, strangulated those 2 boys without eating them? what are the odds a python would strangle 2 victims at a time? the police should torture the owner.

he killed the boys and put the snake upstairs to escape arrest.
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar: the pet shop owner killed those boys.....there's no way a snake would climb up a vent(those iron bars are slippery) and then put a hole in the ceiling to gain access to the room where those little boys were sleeping.

besides, the snaked got there, strangulated those 2 boys without eating them? what are the odds a python would strangle 2 victims at a time? the police should torture the owner.

he killed the boys and put the snake upstairs to escape arrest.

No, i don't think so, remember the snakes are pets
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by coogar: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:
No, i don't think so, remember the snakes are pets

but the canadian authorities claim such snakes are not meant to be kept. they have killed the snake.
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar:

but the canadian authorities claim such snakes are not meant to be kept. they have killed the snake.

They could be kept in such a store, but i am sure with time, we will find out more, cos those snakes do not attack except they are provoked or they feel threatened and for kids that are sleeping, it means they could not have provoked or threaten the snake . . . I think there is more.
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by biolabee(m): 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
If you are a chicken on this matter, then I am proud cockerel
Fhemmmy: Call me a Chicken, i will never live ontop of such stores.
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
biolabee: If you are a chicken on this matter, then I am proud cockerel

Lol
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by TV01(m): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
I see I'm not the only one not quite at ease with this story.

The flat belongs to the pet shop owner, who was a "friend" of the their mothers.

Where was she? Where was he?
Why would a "pet" of over 10 years - especially if it was well fed, need to hunt? And why hunt - twice - and not eat?
There is no way it would have felt threatened - they would have been oblivious to it's presence
There were no reports of cries, screams, or the noise from a ceiling caving in - nothing until he came across the "scene".

Tragic whatever the case. But still.

TV
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by coogar: 12:07am On Aug 07, 2013
there's no way a snake weighing 100 pounds would crash down the ceiling and not wake up everyone in the dead of the night....

that story has holes.......
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 2:41am On Aug 07, 2013
coogar: there's no way a snake weighing 100 pounds would crash down the ceiling and not wake up everyone in the dead of the night....

that story has holes.......

Yes agreed . . some holes
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^ I don't think so IMO

Oga Fhemmy according to the news, the python escaped it's cage and entered the vent. most vent here are installed in every room for Central AC and Heat. The ugly part bout that vent is , the cover can be easily tampered with and removed even by a crawler( baby) , it's mostly not snapped in not screwed ... e.g If a house is already built before moving in and you want to install your entertainment systems without visible cables and wires ( wireless look), those technician go via vent to hide the cables. It links to every part of a building. And mind you even a million dollar house is built with a wood /planks here cos of the weather. So it's a piece of cake for 100 +lbs python .

So without any reasonable doubt I believe that shop owner forgot to close the cage tight hence snake having an adventure inside the building crannies and stumbled on the boys , did what he does best , strangle its prey.

Snakes are often calm tho, can't speak for pythons, I noticed there's always trees present in all pythons cage in every zoo ... they must be good climbers.

I doubt licensing was aware bout people living up there tho, I also heard the shop owner and the tenant were very good friends, must've been some kind of accommodation deal btw those two. They're in big big trouble.

Snakes... Not my favourite. I stopped seeing a friend cos of snake pet. Aghhh
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^^^ As a matter of fact, it has been established that he was keeping the snake illegally, and the kids are actually used to playing with smaller snakes . . . I fear snake more than i fear lion oh
Re: Python Escapes, Strangles Pair Of New Brunswick (canada) Children by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
Barka De Sallah to all our Muslim Brothers and Sisters . . . God Bless!

(1) (Reply)

Who Impregnated This Lady? How Did It Happen? / A True Life Story / Why Do Most Wives In Recent Times Destroy Their Homes Over Money Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.