Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro (32207 Views)

See Photos Of The Biggest Natural Hair Meet-up Held In Lagos. / How To Grow And Maintain A Natural Afro / Natural Afro Is Super Cool! (2) (3) (4)

Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by chinkorieyahoo: 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
Aevin Dugas a 38-year-old social worker from Louisiana, holds the Guinness Record for the largest natural afro hairstyle in the world, with a circumference measuring an incredible 4 feet 4 inches (1.32 m).

The hairdo has taken over 14 years to grow to its current proportions, and although Aevin is really proud of it, she admits sometimes it can be pretty problematic.

She was inspired 14 years ago by an old photo of her mother sporting an afro and she traded her straight hair for afro which just kept growing and in 2010, she set a new world record for the world’s biggest afro, becoming an inspiration for black women to ditch relaxers and go natural.

Aevin’s hair draws attention wherever she goes, and while most people just ask her if it’s real, some can’t resist touching it to see for themselves.

- See more at: http://www.happenings9ja.com/happenings/posts/more-happenings/news/meet-woman-with-the-worlds-biggest-natural-afro#sthash.a0MINvtm.dpuf

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by demelza: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Her hair is just beautiful

17 Likes

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by kunlesehan(m): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
reminds me of an oak tree...lol
I hope she doesn't smoke cos she shouldn't go near fire.
if this woman annoy her husband d guy go just turn her upside down and mop the floor with her ... lol ( God forbid)

45 Likes

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by effisyman: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Surely a safe place to hide during war.

17 Likes

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by sexyjessy(f): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
effisyman: Surely a safe place to hide during war.
lmao chineke u bad o lmao

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by joyli: 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is punishment oo! Walahi! grin grin
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
I love wen black women value and rock thier natural hair. it takes alota guts .
but this afro too much o

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Omobarca: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
All natural?? Wowww
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Omobarca: 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
But na rake she dey use comb?

25 Likes

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dear lady if you are walking and you spot a Nigerian lady pls cross to the other side of the road they can wear anything on there hair as long as it has the Human hair tag.

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by adeswagsdmj(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
spongeback: Dear lady if you are walking and you spot a Nigerian lady pls cross to the other side of the road they can wear anything on there hair as long as it has the Human hair tag.
wat as dis got 2 do wif d topic bt hw she dey wash am i pity am wen she dey comb
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2013

I would really hate to seat behind this lady in a cinema.

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by kayClt(f): 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Everibody and everitin wants to make guiness book of record but pls the amount of lice in dis hair is unimaginable.hw does she maintain it
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by 3ace(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
How can you knock this woman on the head? I bet nobody can allow her to sit in front be it a class or cinema.

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by HezronLorraine(m): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
She would have made a perfect cast in Glee,reminded me of hairography by Jane adam's girls academy.
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Acecube(m): 12:42am On Aug 07, 2013
Omo See business shocked

na just to kidnap the hair.

Then spray am different colours...

Voila -cambodian, brazilian, peruvian hair

Beture ! Bring sciscors angry

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Danhumprey: 8:18am On Aug 07, 2013
Omo,see bush! shocked Imagine how many animals would be inhabiting that bush
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Danhumprey: 8:20am On Aug 07, 2013
This reminds me of Br3nd4,a Nairalander.
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by PurpleHouse(m): 11:43am On Aug 07, 2013
Chai! See work every Morning! I Bet She's Married to that Hair!

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Wow, beautiful
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Madawaki01(m): 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
Things people do to enter d guiness book of world record..
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
Mine is getting there oo

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
nadia_SA: Mine is getting there oo
For your dreams!!!!!angry

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
mikeyhernadez: For your dreams!!!!!angry
U don't know how big my afro is underneath my weave on angry

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by rozayx5(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
hope she does not drive lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by abatajjvii: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
you try, generations coming behind you no need hair for head or any part of body again
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by 2sexyus: 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
All haters, she only left it that way for the pic. I am sure she does pack the hair...

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by kokoye(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
I hope she's not chocking her brain with a load like that.

I can imagine the ammount of lice in that hair if she lived in some specific "African country" tongue

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by Youngzedd(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
Said by who.

My own pass this one.

Taking screenshots.
Not pics lolz
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by deebrain(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2013

Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by grailife(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
i like it natural, but this one is to much,just for world record and the money
Re: Aevin Dugas With Biggest Natural Afro by chimchim1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Omo_barca: But na rake she dey use comb?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Celestine Queen Wins Miss Congeniality At Miss Universe 2014 / #NoGreeForAnybody: Bride Quarrels With Her Makeup Artist On Her Wedding Day / Postpartum Tummy Belt