Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) (50712 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money / Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by juju2008(f): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is the outcome of a corrupt and flawed society- where the abnormal becomes the norm.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Skii(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
I no know who send this OP message o angry,,,now when the police see this, their eye go begin dey hard now,,,any small thing wey dey catch omo boy for ,,,e go be sey make dem pay one million,,,mscheww

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by biafranqueen: 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Horus: [flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIH9TfkmKM[/flash]

Nigerian Police & bribe

Great job Horus!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by dapachez: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Good job by the police. He has been arrested.
Nigerian Police arrest officer caught on tape demanding bribe: http:///iAIRZ8epTq
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by biafranqueen: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Gamesmart:

No chance is he losing his job!

In Nigeria?

This is the type of police force majority of the citizens (like ogb5 and cohorts) deserve. Most of the citizens are mentally ill themselves.

https://www.nairaland.com/1383611/james-iboris-55th-birthday-celebrated/3#17226748

Majority of Nigerians deserve the misery they live in.
I really tried to makeem see reason people are happy with a few crumbs when they deserve the whole cake!
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Kelechi2020(m): 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
Horus: [flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIH9TfkmKM[/flash]

Nigerian Police & bribe

this is the worst video,the guy no send at all
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by cool318(m): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
I was in Owerri over d weekend, you need to see how Police was extorting money from motorists with all impunity along Owerri -Umuahia road. I asked why they said d Govt is aware.
I sent a message to his no. on d internet it has nt delivered. Those people needs to be anihilated.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAM4J:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqv2vZUjCuk

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151518638447553&set=vb.608657552&type=2&theater

What a shame!
Something in me struggles with disbelief! I know however that an app called hidden camera in Nokia Lumia 920 can record video with the screen still black!
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by slimyem: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
If everyone accosted by these cancerous things can stylish make recordings like this. It will go a really long way to put it on check.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by collynzo2(m): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
biafranqueen: Thank God for the internet let us keep exposing them we will shame them into doing the right thing. This is the revolution I have talked about Irresponsible leaders can not lead responsible people. We must take responsibility to push them to do the right thing starting at individual levels. It really hurts me when I hear Nigerians say that if they get into office they will collect the same thing pass leaders are doing the change can never happen if we do not change the way we think!
I get so annoyed when people seat comfortably somewhere overseas and talk about revolution. Do you think Nigerians are fools? Come back and lead the revolution. You ran away to US to enjoy the sweat of their fore-fathers and you are also waiting for Nigerians at home to spill their blood for the country to get better so you can come back and enjoy too. What name do they call people like you? Someone help me with the right word.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by coretechng1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nawa oo.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by DisGuy: 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
slimyem: If everyone accosted by these cancerous things can stylish make recordings like this. It will go a really long way to put it on check.

knowing what these hardened criminals are capable of; it think they will get more brutal!! remember accidental discharge is their specialty
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
delors: I saw this on my wall this morning. So embarrassing yet so real. Someone already tagged Sunday Ehindero in the video. Bros don enter one chance.
you do not know Sunday ehindero, if you did you will know tagging him means nothing.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by mrofficial(m): 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
I'll rather entrust my life with a civilian. Nigerian police is damn corrupt.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by tellwisdom: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
Guy you fuccked up...someone you could have pushed out of your car and move on..u dey beg am with 2k....2k can buy me beer and nkwobi and i wld be alright...eddiot angry angry
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by lalaboi(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
Experienced this first hand on my way to NYSC orientation camp on the 25th june (at ibadan, enroute ekiti). . At least the guy had no gun pointed at him. . I had a gun pointed at me with the people screaming at me to "come down!!!". . .All sorts of accusations rained down and in the end i was accused to have stolen the vehicle because i had registered customised number plates on(but didnt have the original of it). grin. . .. . In the end, the dude asked for 30000naira. we got to the station and he collected 5k. . .then told me "safe journey whilst smiling'. . .

Nigerian police are the biggest bastards i have ever seen!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by fredoooooo: 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
engineerd: Notice the chain of corruption.....He had to call his Oga "WASIU" to make him aware of the situation....
You dey sleep , which oga wasiu he dey call , that call na just demo so that the guy go add more money to the 2k grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Smilingbob(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
The police is your friend, Bail is free

Bale z not free o..... Ask Madrid 86 million pounds no b hia o
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
[size=18pt]The police confirmed the officer will face an “orderly room tial.”[/size]
The Nigeria Police Force has detained an officer caught on tape demanding bribe from a traffic offender, in a rare display of prompt disciplinary action.The police made the announcement in a Facebook post on Tuesday. The police said the erring officer, whose video clip has since gone viral in Nigeria social media space, is awaiting an “orderly room trial;” the Nigeria Police version of court.

The police admitted the officer is a sergeant attached to the Lagos State Command Motor Traffic Division.
“The Inspector General of Police IGP MD Abubakar has directed the Commissioner of Police Lagos State to ensure that the orderly room trial is concluded in record time,” the post on Facebook said. Police officers are considered the most corrupt public officials in Nigeria. Cases of extortion by the officers are so commonplace that most citizens consider it the norm.The Nigeria police is also notorious for harrasments, framing citizens, extrajudicial killings, and other forms of abuses.Although police misconduct is a common knowledge among Nigerians, the spread of smartphones has aided citizens to report some abuse cases to the public.

In the last one month, at least two video clips of police officers misusing their positions went viral. In one instance, an officer, a personal assistant of the River State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, was seen manhandling a Rivers lawmaker who had caused chaos in the Assembly.The IGP, however, assured Nigerians of zero tolerance to any form of corrupt practices involving any police officer. The police have introduced an email, policemonitor@npf.gov.ng, where they promise confidentiality for citizens reporting police misconduct.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142386-nigerian-police-arrest-officer-caught-on-tape-demanding-bribe.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hellooooo Sir! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Idowuogbo(f): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
Prof Corruption: Hellooooo Sir! grin grin grin grin
Wasiuuuuuuuuu!! grin
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Let the memes commence cheesy
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by gbolozy: 11:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dis police agbada don hang for barb wire o...choi
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Prof Corruption: [size=18pt]The police confirmed the officer will face an “orderly room trial.”[/size]

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142386-nigerian-police-arrest-officer-caught-on-tape-demanding-bribe.html

Room trial? meaning family affair things. They will just ask him why was he so careless not to have noticed the recordings. Then they will train all their officers on how to detect phone recordings while bribery negotiation is going on. At the end he gets a slap on the wrist and asked to continue doing what he knows best to do.

The only reason he will get real punishment from oga at the top is if he had delivered 1000 instead of the 2000 the offender offered cos I doubt he made any call to any Wasiu, the phone call was part of the bribery game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by toshmann(m): 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
Unbelieveable embarassed

Wey policewoman? undecided
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAM4J:

Room trial? meaning family affair things. They will just ask him why was he so careless not to have noticed the recordings. Then they will train all their officers on how to detect phone recordings while bribery negotiation is going on. At the end he gets a slap on the wrist and asked to continue doing what he knows best to do.

The only reason he will get real punishment from oga at the top is if he had delivered 1000 instead of the 2000 the offender offered cos I doubt he made any call to any Wasiu, the phone call was part of the bribery game.
He even looked straight at the camera for about a split second at one point
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Gamesmart: 12:12am On Aug 07, 2013
collynzo2: I get so annoyed when people seat comfortably somewhere overseas and talk about revolution. Do you think Nigerians are fools? Come back and lead the revolution. You ran away to US to enjoy the sweat of their fore-fathers and you are also waiting for Nigerians at home to spill their blood for the country to get better so you can come back and enjoy too. What name do they call people like you? Someone help me with the right word.

You are silly!

We are not saying you should spill your blood. Just make sure you complain and condemn when you can to those that are scared of your opinion.

Not be celebrating the 55th birthday of the person that looted you and say "at least he built a toilet in my local government, he tried", or be praying for Umblerra/Plane-flying governor to recover quickly in Germany [to return to loot you more].

If you cannot do that, guess who would feel the pain? .............You are guaranteed it is not those that "ran away" while no one gave you visa to run. It is your arsse that would face accidental discharge from these animals in uniform, Boko Haram slaughtering you for reading a book that is not Quran and visiting a hospital is waste of time and accelerator to your death because it is under-equipped as those that run the budget know they can fly to UK/US/Germany.

COMPLAIN AND CONDEMN! Ensure you spread the outrage everyday and see how some might even be willing to die to make a change. Your complaints will make even those close to power kick out the i-diots like GEJ in power quickly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by dpresido(m): 12:16am On Aug 07, 2013
Nairalabders!! I think we should broadcast this farther than " My oga@ d top issue".. Too bad. same oga Wasiu that he was calling should be brought in too. Cos you see Jeep and some USD notes u want to hit a jackpot. I don't wish my enemy to join Nigerian Police at all.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Chinwem(f): 12:16am On Aug 07, 2013
dapachez: Good job by the police. He has been arrested.
Nigerian Police arrest officer caught on tape demanding bribe: http:///iAIRZ8epTq

Can't open that link
It's an institutional problem.......there are millions just like worse than him
He ll be released eventually as expected.......useless effing country
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by sexkillzisagoat(m): 12:18am On Aug 07, 2013
That policeman is soooo loosing his job! I commend the bravery of the guy who did the recording. Posterity will vindicate him
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by sexkillzisagoat(m): 12:24am On Aug 07, 2013
tellwisdom: Guy you fuccked up...someone you could have pushed out of your car and move on..u dey beg am with 2k....2k can buy me beer and nkwobi and i wld be alright...eddiot angry angry
what sort of rubbish talk is this one? If the guy had pushed him out of the vehicle, the whole story would have changed and the policeman could accuse him of anything! You should change your NL ID to tellfoolishness cos judging from most of your comments on this forum, you say nothing but trash all the time! Mtchewwww!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / Buhari & Tinubu: Outgoing President Leading The Way For The Incoming President / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.