Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 (648 Views)

HORROR: Parents Sell Baby Daughter For Iphone / Angry Man Tries To Sell Girlfriend's Baby Online / London Mother Jailed For Trying To Sell Baby 35.000GBP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
NEW YORK – A 22-year-old man angry with a woman he dated posted photos of her 2-month-old daughter in a Craigslist ad and tried to sell the baby for $100, prosecutors said Monday.

Paul Marquez posted an ad entitled “baby for sale,” prosecutors said. Marquez’s posting acted as if he were the parent, said the baby loved to play and have fun, but had asthma and was “really getting on my nerves.”

“I don’t want her Please email me,” it read, authorities said.
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Marquez was charged Thursday by Staten Island prosecutors with endangering the welfare of a child, harassment and a social service violation of authority to place or board out children. He was being held in lieu of $1,000 bail. A call to his attorney wasn’t returned.

According to the criminal complaint, Marquez, who works as a stockperson at a Victoria’s Secret, admitted he posted the listing just to get back at the woman. The two met online and had been out a few times, but he apparently was angry because she wouldn’t pay him enough attention, authorities said. He gave out the woman’s number “and offered her daughter for sale,” according to the criminal complaint. There was no indication he actually meant to sell the infant.
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
The mother called police after she received a phone call from a person offering to buy the baby, according to a criminal complaint. Staten Island investigators are looking into the request – it may have been out of concern and not an illegal attempt to purchase a child.

The posting was located in the Staten Island section of Craigslist under baby and kid stuff, for sale by owner. It was flagged and taken down at least once, but Marquez reposted it, authorities said.

Marquez faces up to a year behind bars if convicted.
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by bellong: 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
The guy is very unlucky that he will get only ONE year of free food and medicare... He should plead for updated charges of more years... grin grin grin..

The world is full of psychiatric patients walking about as normal.
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
bellong: The guy is very unlucky that he will get only ONE year of free food and medicare... He should plead for updated charges of more years... grin grin grin..

The world is full of psychiatric patients walking about as normal.

Na true oh
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by bellong: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
Sincerely..I wish governments of nations can subject people to periodic psychiatric evaluation if possible...
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by mgbeketoto: 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
I nor blame am!
So much for YEYE labor pains. grin
The tin wey some women dey take make shakara!!!!
Mtcheeeeeeeew.

Kudos to you mama!
Rather than be a single parent, better to SELL-OUT em babies! kiss

Especially, if KNOCKED-UP by USSSSELESS OAFS in the form of 'MEN'. . . . . and unable to ABORT 'em earlier. Na de tin wey me a fit do be dis!

Mu Che Che Che Che Che

*Belcheeeeez*
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
bellong: Sincerely..I wish governments of nations can subject people to periodic psychiatric evaluation if possible...

That will be something else?
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by biolabee(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
See correct country
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
biolabee: See correct country

I think the world is just crazy now . . .
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by biolabee(m): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Yes it is but at least there are laws in the states and this kind of thing happens here in naija everyday

Fhemmmy:

I think the world is just crazy now . . .
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
biolabee: Yes it is but at least there are laws in the states and this kind of thing happens here in naija everyday

That law made it easy for the dude to be behind bars, and i now know it is not where we are, but an individual sanity
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by biolabee(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lol.. If you ask me who I go ask
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
biolabee: Lol.. If you ask me who I go ask

Ha ha ha . . . I no sabi too oh
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
A day will come when we will have more sanity
Re: New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 by Fhemmmy: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
Barka De Sallah to all our Muslim Brothers and Sisters . . . God Bless!

(1) (Reply)

Relocating To The US And Need Advice On Nanny Versus Au Pair Selection / Qhse/hse Advisors / Pre-marital Sex Immoral, No Religion Permits It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.