Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage (47289 Views)

Beverly Osu Strips To Celebrate Task Victory On Big Brother Africa / Denrele Attacked For Sending Beverly Osu To Represent Nigeria At Big Brother / Beverly Osu Criticised For Sleeping With Angelo On Big Brother Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by Youngzedd(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2013
Why do Nigeria prefer OSU to free born by her representing Nigeria.
Let me remind her of her origin.

The Osu caste system in Nigeria and southern Cameroon, can be traced back to an indigenous religious belief system, practiced within the Igbo nation. It is the belief of many Igbo traditionalists that the Osus are people historically owned by deities, and are therefore considered to be a 'living sacrifice', an outcaste, untouchable and sub-human (similar to the Roman practice of homo sacer). This system received literary attention when it became a key plot point in No Longer At Ease by Chinua Achebe. People regarded as modern-day Osu in Igboland are descendants of individuals who volunteered and were sacrificed to the various gods. These fore-fathers pledged themselves and their descendants to these gods. They enjoyed protection and privileges but were segregated from ordinary folks. These Osu people married, fraternized and socialized among themselves. The practice continued to this day. An ordinary Igbo person would not marry or permit any of his relations to marry an Osu person. In a few instances where that has happened, every member of that non-Osu who married an Osu became infested and were regarded as Osu. It can be said that the only aspect of Igbo life that keeps the Osu segregation intact is marriage. An Osu could and could only marry a fellow Osu, and no more. It is a taboo and abhorent for an Osu to marry a non-Osu - love or lust being immaterial.

Some suggest the introduction of modernization, the "osu" system is gradually leaving the Igbo land and tradition. Religion has caused the age-old religion to slowly start leaving its traces in the Igbo land. Obinna, in 2012, reports that in Igbo community - especially Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, Edo and Delta states of the country - Osu caste system remains a social issue. The Osu caste is determined by one's birth into a particular family irrespective of the religion practised by the individual. Once born into Osu caste, this Nigerian person is an outcast, with limited opportunities or acceptance, regardless of his or her ability or merit. Obinna discusses how this caste system-related identity and power is deployed within government, Church and indigenous communities.

Find our more at >>. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_Africa

and

http://www.kwenu.com/igbo/igbowebpages/Igbo.dir/Culture/osu_caste_system_in_igboland.htm
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by orisaoko: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2013
You can marry anytime you are ready but am afraid you have already done your honeymoon since.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by ReiManniE(m): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2013
Beverly Osu what a shame game u had on BBA..sorry to say I must confess u r a shame to womanhood.. Mayb if same s3x marriage is legal in our kon3 I wud advice u go for that..Phew
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 07, 2013
spongeback:
I million likes for this comment jor

Thanks kiss

Sad but the truth
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by miccodb(m): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2013
ebyjoyken: You want to marry and you went and sold your dignity as a woman on BBA. Which man with his right senses will marry a girl like you? Unless he is not african?

do you live on earth she go marry sharply make u dey der dey form sister mary

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by amiskurie(m): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2013
u are ripe for marriage when they have been bitten u like apple ever since u were planted.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by dennismukoro(m): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2013
Viewing this topic: Mayowura, Tzulu(f), Proudlygemini(f),
niceprof, Samsonklin(m), JeremyLawal, llade(m),
umehemeka, FESTAC101, Tem01(f), danduchi, Shadydamsel
(f), datovid , atbu1983(m), Osahon7(m), isaiahidah(m),
jeniud, wellmax, treasureboy09(m), brosun, paeffiong(m),
lovelydoll, Joe page(m), caesaraba(m), seunbetty(m),
wengerjay(m), Miss suu, yunx(m), sagalord, murphy02,
jicey, mobagrid, Osama92(m), Zillight(m), yunafa(f), rule
(m), Godswill A Judins(m), Ucheiwu007(m), Luckki1001(m),
2chainzz(m), sinmisolaoluwa, rafaha(m), dopeJemi(m),
msauden, funtanherb(m), scarface25, Ansell, cupid4ig(m),
Chillypelly(m), Gentle me, kayci_d77(m), eamodu,
austertee01(m), Amya(f), sucemt(m), Coolie89(m),
juddywoko(m), catch_cold(m), lordizak(m), kenlash1(m),
FineBro(m), barinoff, Rei Mann!E(m), sunny4life, david52,
ibkaye(f), unclejustine, smile4real, dimdim001(m),
sandysprax(m), jidowu84, bionicdude(m), icon aus, al1980,
rekeson, FAMedia, ojoawo(m), uniqueanse, feeekey,
vaderemi, ndavids5, jagaban jbl(m), ₱®ÌИСΞ(m), peetayo,
saints_1(m), deejay_harry1(m), click2cbn(m), delequake(m),
cs4eva(f), emistephen, vlarge, idu1, rindee(m), Fesco,
pol01, pascenta, Iceprincehkn(m), Emmaxx(f),
davida222(m), Fvicnoedge, 9jagoodman, flints01(m),
Redhot111, Honexdos, bilms(m), imolore(m), sam&kel(m),
humble_one, kannymoore(m), rajinet(m) and 164 guest(s)

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by Mubby4luv(m): 10:54am On Aug 07, 2013
click2cbn: Na wa o!!! Is it only me or did any other person notice dat dis girl's case is turning to dat of Tonto Dikeh on Nairaland? Every week her news keep making front page, is she d only Nigerian in dat BBA HOUSE?
Well thts coz she went rogue Without the feeling of Remorse. now she says she is ripe for Marriage. Hmmm! kinda stupid
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by avalontony(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2013
hahahahahahahahaha.....there many fishes in the water abi?....maybe you have not heard that their is scarcity of good husband.... this babe don enter one chance ooooo!!!!. wish u luck in ur quest.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by geegirl101(f): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2013
mencade5: Point of correction b1tch...you are now ripe to start f4cking on camera. International Ashawo like u

U're mean cry
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by miccodb(m): 10:59am On Aug 07, 2013
mencade5: Point of correction b1tch...you are now ripe to start f4cking on camera. International Ashawo like u
oga park well make i hear word.....cos no be u dem give kpomo? na u get d k-u-n-t. mtcheeeewww
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by coastalqueen: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2013
grin who go pluck you? the farmer wey wan carry you do manure and not for chops
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by miccodb(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2013
too many hypocrites castigating. what has she done wrong is it dat Nigerians dont make love or dont make love in reality shows Na she dem go first machine for reality show? abeg mugu don fall guy angelo don wack make una move on with una life n stop hating on the babe. if u too vex break your tv n stop watching the show.

3 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by ajekwedon(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2013
Sis. Berve commited no crime by doing what she thinks she likes. Therefore, if any of you don't appreciate her real self, hang yourself and leave her alone. Let me remind any of you that cares to know, she will get married and marry the man of her choice. Aboki i beg carry me d go....

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by EmperorSpecie(m): 11:10am On Aug 07, 2013
ebyjoyken: You want to marry and you went and sold your dignity as a woman on BBA. Which man with his right senses will marry a girl like you? Unless he is not african?

abeg mk i hear word. Whch dignity? U beta paz am sef. Iv sn promiscous galz gtn married nd livin happily. Dnt b surprisd she mite mk a beta wife dn urslf.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by wendieposh: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2013

Tell her abeg. She's far from a wife material,too loud,dirty and she can smoke for Africa! The gal matter tire me.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2013
I DONT KNOW WETHER TO LMAO OR SMH
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by EmperorSpecie(m): 11:14am On Aug 07, 2013
avalontony: hahahahahahahahaha.....there many fishes in the water abi?....maybe you have not heard that their is scarcity of good husband.... this babe don enter one chance ooooo!!!!. wish u luck in ur quest.

bros no jonze o, no surprise say na dz knd chick dy marry beta hurband o. Irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by unmask: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2013
For all those asking who will marry her..... I for one will marry her no lies...das all....funny thing is she will get married before a whole lot of u ladies screaming heads and toes...wonder what you would say then, "it is unfair" abi?

3 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by rerry3: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2013
I didn't think this simple prayer would work, but it did and I was shocked.

Supplies: 3 candles (any color)
White sugar
A plate

What to do: Put the 3 candles in the plate and sprinkle white sugar around them. Light the candles and put it on the tallest place in your home. Ask the first angel (St. Rafeal) a wish for buisness. then ask the second angel (St. Micheal) a wish for love. Then ask the third angel (St. Gabriel) an impossible wish. On the third day after you did this spell some how promote the spell (could be by telling a bunch of friends about this spell). Then watch what happens on the fourth day.i am so happy grin
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2013
Yungwizzzy:

on d contrary bro, the biitch as u call her is already a celeb, then imagine if she gets to win, your likes will wish so hard to get married to her.
Apparently not every man would want to put up with a ho just for the money and fame.

I'd still prefer a discreet ashawo to Beverly anytime anyday....my opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by bebechuks: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2013
U all should live Beverly alone.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by unmask: 11:20am On Aug 07, 2013
rerry3: I didn't think this simple prayer would work, but it did and I was shocked.

Supplies: 3 candles (any color)
White sugar
A plate

What to do: Put the 3 candles in the plate and sprinkle white sugar around them. Light the candles and put it on the tallest place in your home. Ask the first angel (St. Rafeal) a wish for buisness. then ask the second angel (St. Micheal) a wish for love. Then ask the third angel (St. Gabriel) an impossible wish. On the third day after you did this spell some how promote the spell (could be by telling a bunch of friends about this spell). Then watch what happens on the fourth day.i am so happy grin
true I tried it too but got the 1st and 3rd wishes...still waiting for the second..**so excited**
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by Orikinla(m): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2013
She has a good CV in what most guys want.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by kufreabasi(m): 11:26am On Aug 07, 2013
Did you ever see marriage as a responsible issue in life before going to messed up yourself publicly for the whole world? You better continue in your irresponsible act not until you see your mistake and confess it public.
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by Raddie(m): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2013

You got me wondering who loves a good Bleep, africans or non-africans! I veto africans or what do you think

*iya nkechi who carry my yoyo bitters*
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by mencade5(m): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2013
imolore: marriage is not doughnut and fish for breakfast.
and if you are ripe enough, somebody will surely pluck you up.
lols...guy abeg remove that pishure. The fish and doughnut want makr me vo.mit
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by dealslip(f): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2013
dplomaticVal: How dos she wnt t eat her cake n stil av it. . .she shld hav known before now tht she'v alrdy exchngd her marriage for materialism. Men detest p r o s t i t u t e s !

Common she doesn't have to marry a man now. She can marry a woman. As long as she is married.wink
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by moscobabs(m): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2013
I can marry her
Re: Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage by tomzman: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2013
I wonder whether this girl ever sits down to think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Deadpool 2' Female Stunt Driver Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Set(photos/video) / Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price / BBNaija: Toyin Lawani Takes Laycon's Name To Iya Osun For Prayers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.