Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue (2262 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Biafra An Imaginary Homeland:Onyeka Nwelue / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by deolascope: 4:29am On Aug 07, 2013
I am writing this from my hotel room in Athens. I woke up this morning and felt I should write this. It’s not something I like doing; I don’t like telling people what is best for them. No, I actually thought I should talk about hope, patriotism and disguise. We have reached that point in our lives when we should wake up and realise that there is no single honest or genuine person in the world. Everyone reading this right now will be saying, ‘But I am honest.’ You are not. You just believe in what you think is right or wrong. For you. When your heart tells you.

Each time I rant about my hate for the situation of Nigeria on my Facebook, people remind me it’s my home. I know. Unfortunately, I am floating. I feel I don’t belong anywhere. There is no justification to the crimes I’ve committed, guts I gored trying to stand tall and find my feet in the world. It’s just how I grew up. I grew up seeking for everyone’s validation, desperate enough to be famous and successful. I am not sure it happened, but I am completely satisfied with the little I have now, but if more comes my way, I will take.

Nigeria is a country full of self-righteous nitwits. Everyone is so holy that no one else is holy. Everyone in Nigeria has an opinion. The same Nigerian patriot who thinks the politicians are destroying the nation are sending their kids far off to universities abroad and helping the best of their nationals stay away to not contribute to the growth of the society. The same Nigerian patriot is the one that owes his employers; the same Nigerian patriot is the one that lies to young people, promises them heaven and earth so they can be used to achieve their aspirations; the same Nigerian patriot can die trying so hard to save money for his unborn children and coming generations. He acquires wealth just to remain respected and on top. He will be the one that will go around telling poor people not to think so much about money, because money is not wealth and that if they chase after money so much, they will lose their focus in life. How does that happen? Who says money is not the most important thing in life? Even families know that without money, they can never be happy.

Everyone has turned into a role model and the social media has provided a platform where everyone can air their opinion no matter how shallow it sounds. We don’t have to blame them; we have to blame those who have mystified themselves. Many of us have actually sold solid lies to the world, painting ourselves differently, making people believe we are demi-gods. But it was on this journey to understand how we can develop ourselves and become what we want that I discovered that the surface of anything is but deceit. Nigeria is full of selfish nitwits who just want to remain happy themselves. We cannot digest all the lies, but we believe them and keep harping on them. Everyone of us is filthy, but we will never agree. We are quick at pointing out the wrongs of others. We are filthy, but we can never perceive our bad smell.

The politicians tell us that they are chosen by the people. The people are invisible. Celebrities look for what can keep them relevant in the society. They come up with something and call themselves activists. They organise talk-shows and market themselves. However, everyone wants money to buy new clothes and shoes and even eat properly. This is not to say they are not doing well, but the point of this entire talk is to clear the notion that there is an honest person.

Mr. Farouk Lawan was perceived as Nigeria’s Messiah until Mr. Femi Otedola decided to show the Real Farouk to Nigerians. We were surprised and at once, amused. We had thought that finally, there was someone ready to liberate us. It was good that what happened happened. Many of us haven’t learnt yet. And what we should learn is to never let anyone define who they are to us. We should have definition of everyone. We should not let people’s tongues wag, looking for connotations to make them appear beautiful.

I argue with people and they give me list of people who ‘changed’ Nigeria and ask, ‘What did they change?’ My father changed Nigeria too by giving Nigeria an evil child. I am the evil child and he that is holier than me shall have his posterior glued in hellfire. We cannot continue to condemn others while we live very filthy lives. We can only live our lives and chase after money when we can so we can take care of ourselves and not beg the world to donate money when our kidneys go bad. We should stop living poor, yet groveling at the feet of rich people when we need financial help. We need to grow out of the illusion that anyone genuinely cares about us.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by deolascope: 4:29am On Aug 07, 2013
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by LOVEHAPPINESS: 4:41am On Aug 07, 2013
If there are no honest people in Nigeria, that means she is a liar.

If she is a liar, how can I believe that she was telling the truth when she said there are no honest Nigerians?

If she was telling the truth, we are back to the beginning.

I'm confused

5 Likes

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 07, 2013
X_raying
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by ofala(m): 5:11am On Aug 07, 2013
There are millions of very honest Nigerians. The big issue with Nigeria rests on our very dishonest politicians

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Kanwulia: 5:31am On Aug 07, 2013
Mu che che che che che

Reaaaaaaaaasssssssh Nigeria fOrst. . .then come back and tell us how 'honest' you are! grin
You think it is izzzzy to live and die amongst thieves? cheesy
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 07, 2013
it's wrong for her to categories a full country(about 150million persons) has not being honest. to her she's not for me and other few we are.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by bigt2(m): 5:34am On Aug 07, 2013
There are honest nigerians. What about the lowly okada rider that returned a huge sum of money to the owner not so long ago, and other ways Nigerians showcase their honesty also?
Its funny how she said this becaus she herself is probably dishonest. You will always think people think like you think, act like you act, and do other things like you. So that is why she is running her mouth like stool. angry

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Akpaife(m): 5:36am On Aug 07, 2013
She is a lair I dnt belive her which means she is nt a honest person even me am honest no matter what I will tell u d truth

Beside wht is she doing in hotel instead of house
even our leaders(lairs)some r honest
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Enegod(m): 6:20am On Aug 07, 2013
I"m honest.. I don't know what she is talking about!

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2013
This person just wrote something like a JSS3 secondary girl student. Nigerians are not the most dishonest people in the world, there are millions of honest Nigerians.
Last Bullet:
We may v our issues, but the points she made are things that happen everywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by jaymdee(m): 6:54am On Aug 07, 2013
He is not a 'she'. And he's not just chilling in an hotel. He's just received a travel grant, so you could say he's on a work trip. He's a controversially interesting kid.
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by LOVEHAPPINESS: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2013
jaymdee: He is not a 'she'. And he's not just chilling in an hotel. He's just received a travel grant, so you could say he's on a work trip. He's a controversially interesting kid.

I just assumed he was lying about being a man. Nothing he said can be trusted.

How do you know he is a man? Are you lying?
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by slap1(m): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2013
Onyeka Nwelue is a young, fortunate writer. However this 'article' is very childish, acutely subjective and embarrassingly pretentious.

Even so, writers, at a point, become ambivalent about things they have written or said in the past (it happens to me). For Mr. Nwelue, this write-up may just be one he will remember with mixed feelings sometime in the future.
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by asha80(m): 8:19am On Aug 07, 2013
slap1: Onyeka Nwelue is a young, fortunate writer. However this 'article' is very childish, acutely subjective and embarrassingly pretentious.

Even so, every writer, at a point, becomes ambivalent about what they have written or said in the past. For Mr. Nwelue, this write-up may just be one he will remember with mixed feelings sometime in the future.
slap1 guy off topic.....remember our discussion on ihedioha and mbaise...you said 60 percent of road infrastructure are being done by him...are the roads quality?are they wide spread in mbaise land?i called someone and he confirmed the same thing for me.
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by slap1(m): 8:28am On Aug 07, 2013
asha 80: slap1 guy off topic.....remember our discussion on ihedioha and mbaise...you said 60 percent of road infrastructure are being done by him...are the roads quality?are they wide spread in mbaise land?i called someone and he confirmed the same thing for me.
Nwanne, the roads are spreading across, Mbaise is a big place so it would take time, and Emeka is not yet the governor, but he is definitely working; unlike Independence Ogunewe who went to fight at the national assembly. Udo.
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by phantom(m): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2013
interesting! I see onyeka is still as controversial as ever...lol.dude is from my community and grew out of a humble and deeply religious background.but in spite of all that still remains a dedicated atheist....lol.of course from his writing its no surprise he cant grasp the concept of GOD. @op.... I agree.theres no honest person.the fact a taxi driver returned money does not make him honest.our honesty as individuals is dependent on the prevailing situation in which we find ourselves.the fact that i save a child today does not mean i wont shoot a man tomorrow if it suits me .i dont see anything childish about that article and neither did i see where the writer claimed he was honest.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2013
What a sad person the OP must be to be brought by a dishonest family in a dishonest community.
My parents are honest and hardworking Nigerians. My Dad a driver with an Int'l Org, My Mum a FG worker. Yet they have been able to send all their children to higher instituitions and assist relations in training theirs, some to higher instituitions. They have also been able to build houses (beautiful ones by any standard) both in our hometown and the FCT. Now, they are still ready to sponsor their unemployed grad kids for higher programs.
I thank God for the wonderful parents he gave me. I thank God for my family and good community.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Amanwulu1(m): 9:53am On Aug 07, 2013
To d intnational comunity nigerians are d political class, they represent d totality of nigeria ppl. Now show me one politician who is honest nt even those we hold to a high esteem.
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Nmeri17: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
Kanwulia: Mu che che che che che

Reaaaaaaaaasssssssh Nigeria fOrst. . .then come back and tell us how 'honest' you are! grin
You think it is izzzzy to live and die amongst thieves? cheesy
this was even when u joined nairaland and u keep saying "seven years ago" undecided undecided
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Ikengawo: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
are we even sure our politicians are as dishonest as we want to say they are, or more than the global average? Nigerians like her have nothing to contribute. All they can do is complain that every nigerians is 1 thing except for her meanwhile she's not even the most successful, reliable, honest, important, influential, or reasonable person in her own father's village.
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Kanwulia: 3:22am On Aug 08, 2014
Nmeri17: this was even when u joined nairaland and u keep saying "seven years ago" undecided undecided

I joined NL 7 years ago.
My name was MILITIA! cool
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Nmeri17: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Kanwulia:

I joined NL 7 years ago.
My name was MILITIA! cool

I thought as much. I've read the posts from that account and it appears there was a time u were sane and humane on here. Then after 2008 u dropped the account and went haywire with thick skin like tortoise back and bad mouth. smh. what really happened??
Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by jdilight(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
bigt2: There are honest nigerians. What about the lowly okada rider that returned a huge sum of money to the owner not so long ago, and other ways Nigerians showcase their honesty also?
Its funny how she said this becaus she herself is probably dishonest. You will always think people think like you think, act like you act, and do other things like you. So that is why she is running her mouth like stool. angry

That is what you get when a man sees himself as a standard for measuring limitation. What a poor child.

Am honest and am mostly surrounded by honest people.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue by Kanwulia: 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nmeri17:

I thought as much. I've read the posts from that account and it appears there was a time u were sane and humane on here. Then after 2008 u dropped the account and went haywire [size=20pt]with thick skin like tortoise back and bad mouth. smh. what really happened??[/size]

Muhehehehehehe

EVERY coin has 3 sides.
When I came to NL. . .I LANDED ON MY HEAD
Then when okoro-ngbatic, CYBER BULLY-WANNABEES decided to use their inferiority complexes/e badu belle and e jolosi to chop rotten cyber blokos on NL TO STEP ON MY TOES. . . . I LANDED ON MY TAIL.

The day I WILL LAND ON MY SIDE. . . I WILL SHUT NL DOWN! Guaranteed! kiss

Where you dey when Seun and Mukina2 dey harass me all over NL? cheesy
Dem tink say I be Platimuumnk or one of their 'born-troway', follow-follow, gang of moderators and super-moderators ni?

I came to NL with love and peace. . .till some imbecccciles decided I was gonna be the main focus of their attention. I only let them have it! . . . And I plan to continue letting 'em havvit! cool Not everyone comes from a wretched home to come and suck blokos or toto on NL for friendship or marriage!

Hallelujah! cool

(1) (Reply)

Marwa, Others Shun APC Leaders On Peace Mission To Adamawa / Are You Still Team Buhari? / Aso Rock Villa Undergoing Renovations (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.