Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) (2709 Views)

Honda 1998 Transmission Issues-urgent Help Needed / Help My Toyota Corolla Unusually Gulps Fuel!!!! / Help: Gear Issues With Honda Accord V6 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by qwertyqwerty: 9:55am On Aug 07, 2013
Morning Nlanders,

Presently am having a very terrible issue with the gear of the car(2005 sport model),it all started when the car hits the ground while driving on the Ajah bad roads,I try as much as possible to be careful, it ended up cracking the housing of the gear that contains the gear oil.

The Gear oil started leaking ,I took it to the mechanic,the gear oil container was welded some days back and the gear has started malfunctioning afterwards.Presently,the car does not move when the car has been on for a while even if its on drive,you will have to put it off and on before it moves for a few meters and then stops again.

Now the mechanic said the whole Gear has to be changed

Somebody please advise me
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by JUO(m): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2013
it all started when the car hits the ground while driving on the Ajah bad roads,I try as much as possible to be careful, it ended up cracking the housing of the gear that contains the gear oil.
when you noticed this did you pack or drive the car?
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by earthrealm(m): 11:19am On Aug 07, 2013
ok..ur story isn't complete..i blv gear fluid poured out from the leakage?....if yes what quatity and what type of fluid did u use to replace it........if you/ur mechanic actually did...also did u continue driving the car with the leaking gear fluid..or u parked the car and later towed it to ur mechanic........
if u towed it...how did u tow it?

answer these questions sequentially and we will tell u the next step.but stop driving/managing the car now to prevent further damage

2ndly I would advice you to start scouting for a sump cober..ie that cover that cracked...get a new/toks one....to prevent the weld failing and the fluid leaking from the crack unnoticed
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by qwertyqwerty: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2013
Hello, I just managed to the nearest filling station and packed it there overnight.The car is still there waiting for the mechanic to come and fix it. the mechanic is of the opinion that the oil is dirty or the filter is bad.could it be any of these?
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by Mboi: 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
I don't think u'll need to change d whole gear,maybe u have to check d sump,clean d filter and replace gear oil to full guage and test.
Also it might be dt d valve body has been affected. I had same experience sometime,my gear will select and stop selectin, I checkd and noticed d oil was short.
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by earthrealm(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
start with changing the oil and cleaning the filter...use petrol to wash it thoroughly...I wud hv said buy a new filter...but I know u wont see a new filter to buy in naija.........buy original toyta type T IV atf..its sold about 7k in a metal tin like turkey groundnut oil......

if after doing the above...and the problem still continues...then the gearbox is the next suspect...but its cheaper to do this foirst.

pls plss plsss..don't use abro or seahorse or any rubbish the mechanic SAYS....GET EXACTLY THAT FLUID I SPECIFIED

see the links below explaining the whole procedure.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/132-9th-generation-2003-2008/325325-diy-2003-2008-corolla-matrix-vibe-transmission-fluid-strainer-replacement.html

no use reinventing the wheel...it will do Nigerians well to register in car forums and learn..........though fraudsters and yahoo yahoo people will come n mess the whole thing up!....toyotanation doesn't let u register with a Nigerian ip address

1 Like

Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by qwertyqwerty: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks boss.I will try just what you said.
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by vitality22(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
earthrealm: start with changing the oil and cleaning the filter...use petrol to wash it thoroughly...I wud hv said buy a new filter...but I know u wont see a new filter to buy in naija.........buy original toyta type T IV atf..its sold about 7k in a metal tin like turkey groundnut oil......

if after doing the above...and the problem still continues...then the gearbox is the next suspect...but its cheaper to do this foirst.

pls plss plsss..don't use abro or seahorse or any rubbish the mechanic SAYS....GET EXACTLY THAT FLUID I SPECIFIED

see the links below explaining the whole procedure.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/132-9th-generation-2003-2008/325325-diy-2003-2008-corolla-matrix-vibe-transmission-fluid-strainer-replacement.html

no use reinventing the wheel...it will do Nigerians well to register in car forums and learn..........though fraudsters and yahoo yahoo people will come n mess the whole thing up!....toyotanation doesn't let u register with a Nigerian ip address

The bolded caught my attention. Pls does it mean i cant use this seahorse Dextron 111D for my Nissan Xterra 2001 model? if no, pls advice me on which ATF i need to use. Pls am waiting for your urgent response.
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by earthrealm(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
chk the fluid that is recommended for ur car...Nissan and Honda are very very choosy over transmission fluid....very unforgiving if u put the wrong one...I doubt that seahorse is recommended for ur nissan
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla Gear Issues(urgent) by cardoctor(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2013
@ OP
You haven't specified what model of car or engine/ gearbox specification.

Car-doctor.

(1) (Reply)

Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus / How Much Does Innoson Jeep Cost? / Please How Much Is Corrola 2009 Model Shaft?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.